Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 107
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 107
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 107

Salla bolt upright in her bunk as the door chime echoed throughout her small apartment - well, if she could even call it that. It looked more like a prison cell with something a little extra to her.

Wrestling with the covers and ultimately losing, Salla stumbled out onto the hard floor and just stared dumbly up at the closed door before her. A small squeak escaped her lips as the chime rang once more.

Springing into action, Salla began to crawl across the floor on her hands and knees toward the small nightstand next to her bed. Slapping her hand up onto its surface, she began feeling around until her fingers curled around the object she was looking for - a blaster pistol.

She came to her feet and shuffled over to the door as the chime rang a third time, pistol in hand.

Wow, whoever this is...they're sure determined...

Pointing the blaster squarely at the door and standing ever so slightly off to the side, Salla slapped the door release.

The door opened and Salla froze.

"N-nevin?" she stuttered shakily. "What're you doing here?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject:

Nevin raised his eyebrows upon seeing the sight that was inside the doorway; a creature with bedsheets wrapped around her legs and holding a blaster as if it were a toy. Her eyes seemed surprised, and for a moment, Antilles wasn't sure if she was gonna shoot him or not.

"Just, uh," He stuttered, trying to not laugh at her appearance. "Wanted to let you know I'm out of that place."

As he thought further, he didn't know why he was there at her door. Maybe it was to just tell her that he was now in the Alliance? Or maybe he just wanted to be there...he didn't know.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject:

"You're out?" she couldn't help but stiffle a smile. "Wow, uh...that was pretty fast."

Then she noticed the strange look he was giving her. Oh, the blaster! Lowering the blaster from his chest, Salla stuffed it into her pants and looked back up into his face. He was still staring at her strangely.

Grimacing slightly, she looked back down at herself and her face flushed red at what she saw. No wonder he was laughing at her - she was wrapped from her waist to her feet in the bed sheets.

Salla quickly stepped out of them and kicked them behind her, smiling dumbly. "There," she said with some embarressment. "That's better."

Still nervous, she pushed a few stray hairs from her face and looked back up at him. "So, you just wanted to come here to tell me that? How'd you find me?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Nevin blinked slightly at the simple question. "I looked on the doors," He said.

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject:

The doors?

Salla felt like slapping herself in the forehead for being so stupid, but she figured that wouldn't reflect well on Nevin. Not after what she'd just been doing. She might as well just try and move on.

"Oh," she said with a slight smile. "The nameplates on the doors. I forgot about those. I must be more tire than I thought!" She laughed at her own joke, trying to make the most of the awkward situation.

She finally stopped, feeling stupid once more and looked back into the man's face. "Uh, so...Nevin. You wanna come in?" Smiling again, she made a sweeping motion with her arm to usher him inside.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

Nevin watched her for a minute, putting alot of thought into the seemingly simple request. He finally nodded, awkwardly stepping past her.

"Uh, nice," He said the first thing that came to his mind about the small room.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject:

Salla continued to watch his every move as he crossed through the door and into her living quarters. "Nice?" she echoed his statement with some uncertainty. "I wouldn't call it nice. Reminds me more of a prison cell than like home."

Smiling, she bent down and picked up the thrown bed sheets off the floor to make a clear path for him to walk. "So, can I get you anything? I have some drinks in the cooling unit."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject:

Antilles smirked slightly as she made the comparison. He actually agreed with her. As she spoke again, he glanced over at her and nodded, looking around the room again. There wasn't much to look at.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Salla smirked again out of pure hapiness. Nevin actually agreed to stay here with her in her room and have a drink. Since arriving here at Tatooine, no one else even offered to do something like that with her. Although, she was still hesitant to admit, Nevin seemed like a true friend to her.

"So," she started while making her way toward the small cooling unit in on the far side of the room. "Anything in particular you want? I think I have some old juri juice. Well, if you're interested in that kind of thing."

She glanced back toward him again and smiled before squatting down beside the unit. Opening the door to the unit, she cursed slightly to herself. Not now! Not with him here! It was empty!

"Erm, uh...maybe I don't have juri juice. Or anything for that matter." She smiled innocently up at him.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Antilles honestly didn't care...though, he was thirsty as hell after drinking the disgusting prison and medcenter drinks. Still, he smirked back at her as he walked towards her once again.

"Then what?" He asked, surveying her with his eyes.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Slowly rising to her feet, Salla suddenly felt her heart flutter as he approached her. This was getting serious. She thought she felt something more in the prison cell when they got talking, but no sooner had she felt it, it had vanished and everything was normal again. She had considered Nevin as a friend after that and was content to leave it at just that - until now.

Perhaps something more was there all along. Her heart confirmed it.

Quickly shoving her feelings aside, Salla smiled once again. "Well, there's this cantina not too far from base. If you're up to it, we could probably hang out there for the night."

Please, oh please don't turn it down....

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Antilles shrugged. While he was waiting to be assimilated into the ranks of the Alliance, he might as well have followed her around. For the moment, he had nowhere to stay or anything of the like.

Plus, he wouldn't mind spending some time with her. It would help him forget the events of the past few weeks. Then again, it might not have, but he told himself otherwise.

"I guess so," He said as he watched her.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Salla's eyes instantly lit up at his response. Everything was working out for her for once. And really, she didn't really know how to react to it. So, she just smiled dumbly.

"Um, great!" she exclaimed, moving toward the small bunk that was set up in the corner. "Let me get my things and we can head out."

A few seconds later, Salla was beside Nevin, small bag in hand. And for the first time since her childhood, Salla was going out with a friend - a true friend.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Nevin re-entered the room a few hours later. Rubbing his shoulder from his painful encounter with the doorframe, he glanced around the room again, as if he expected something to have changed. However, it was still the same, crappy room.

He looked back at Salla as she entered the room, and asked himself what he was really doing here. He attributed to it to the fact that he had no quarters to stay in.

"Now what?" Was the question on his lips.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Skulking into the room with a sour-puss look on her face, Salla wasn't in the best of moods after what just happened. Although Nevin most likely had good intentions in mind when he had wanted to leave, it didn't come across that way to Salla.

When Salla followed him out of the cantina, he had kept up his pace and barely looked back. And now that they returned to her quarters, he wanted to start up another conversation, forgetting about everything. Typical Imperial.

"Now what?" she echoed his words. "I don't know, you said we'd bring back take-out, but that never happened. You were in too much of a hurry to get out of there." A green-eyed glare was thrown in his direction.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Nevin shrugged and stumbled to the wall, leaning against it. “You weren't going along with the idea,” He muttered. “At the time.”

Before she could respond, Nevin became aware of some sort of ringing. When he realized it wasn’t a figment of imagination, he dug into the pockets of his pants, his fingers running along some metallic object. He pulled it out, recognizing it as a comlink. Apparently, the Rebels had thrown a comm into the clothing.

Flickering his eyes between the woman standing across the room and the cylinder in his hand, he turned on the device and rose it to his mouth. “Antilles,” He said, a slight slur sneaking its way through his breath.

“Lieutenant,” A voice said. “You’ve been assigned to the Mon Casima, effective immediately. Get to it.”

Nevin listened quietly to it. So, they had already slapped him on a ship. He guessed his reputation in battle preceded him throughout the galaxy. It wasn’t too hard to imagine why. Yet it seemed so quick, so little transition time. He’d hoped to spend more time around the base…with this girl.

He sighed and agreed with the man speaking over the comlink, “You got it,” Nevin said.

Putting the piece of equipment back into his pocket, he looked, once again, at Salla. She was watching him curiously. He guessed she hadn’t heard what the man had said. Nevin thought it was time to call it a night, anyway. She apparently was mad enough at him, and didn’t want to hold a convention in her room.

“Uh,” He started, not confidently. “I have to g-go,” Nevin completed the murmur, moving to the door and opening it, then taking a step out of the room. He didn’t want to turn it into a long drawn-out goodbye.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject:

This post takes place a few hours before the Lock Down of the Alliance base.

Salla seemed to lose her voice as the small device hidden within Nevin's tunic began to beep. It was most likely a military channel unless the ex-Imp somehow managed to make friends around the base in the short time he was here. Salla doubted it.

The obscenities she was prepared to throw in his direction instantly fell away from her mind and instead, she was filled with a mixture of confusion and dread. This couldn't be happening. Not when she was just getting to know the guy. High Command couldn't pull him away just yet.

Salla's fears became reality when the young man promptly announced he needed to leave and quickly exited the room. For a long while, the only thing Salla could bring herself to do was stare vacantly at the closed door Nevin had passed through moments before. The only man Salla had come to actually befriend had left her for the cause. Perhaps the events of the night had just been one big fluke and were never intended to go any further than just a night out with a fellow solider. Afterall, Salla did believe it was too good to be true that she had made a friend so quickly. But then again, he did appear to show some kind of interest in her.

She sighed. Why did everything have to be so complicated? Nothing was ever simple around here. If she wanted this small fling to continue and to possibly develop into a full friendship, Salla had to work for it. She dreaded the notion, but it was the only way this would work.

Taking a steadying breath, Salla started for the door with a grim expression etched onto her face. She passingly swatted the pad and the door to emmit her into the corridor opened. She just made it out into the corridor in time to see Nevin's retreating back turn a corner at the far end. Salla set her lips into a firm line. He wasn't getting away from her that easily.

Accelerating to a light jog, Salla followed the young man, calling his name as she went. "Nevin!"

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

The soft rap on the door shook Salla out of a restless sleep. She thought she heard a voice accompanying it, but it could have easily been something in her dreams. But still, she could not get back to sleep.

Sitting up in the bed and moving the covers and sheets aside, Salla glanced at the chrono. It read that it was early afternoon and she cursed to herself. The night seemed to have drug on forever and here she was sleeping in on a day that she had duty.

She quickly jumped up from the bed and began to gather the pieces of her uniform that were strewn about the room. Why can't anything go--

Another knock at the door and this time she was not imagining it. Salla dropped the boots she had clutched in her grip and slowly crossed the littered floor to the door. She slapped the control pad and nearly keeled over in surprise.

Nevin.

Her heart instantly began pumping into overdrive and she could hardly contain her excitment. It had been literally months since she had sat down and held a real conversation with him. She longed for this moment. Although, her voice betrayed her.

"N-Nevin?" she croaked out as she hung onto the doorframe. "W-what're you doing here?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

Nevin raised his eyebrows at her...incomplete wardrobe. "Uh," he stuttered. "Get, um, dressed. We're leaving."

He paused and studied her confused expression. "Hi, by the way," Nevin added with a stupid smirk.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

Salla's mouth gaped open at his blunt comment. After months of not seeing her, he decides to waltz right into her room to say that?! He had a lot of nerve.

"Excuse me?" she sputtered as her cheeks flushed. "Leaving?" she repeated his question before scoffing with a smirk. "I'm not going anywhere. I have duty."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject:

"That's the entire point. Direct orders from Organa Solo herself," he informed her. "We're leaving right now."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

The quick mention of Organa Solo changed Salla's mood completely. The anger and annoyance that was there a minute ago had seemingly washed away. In it's wake, her face was a mask of curiosity with a hint of fear.

"W-what's going on?" her voice was nothing more than a whisper as she suddenly realized she was still in her night clothes. Bending down quicker than she would have liked, Salla swept up her uniform tunic and boots. "Uh, do you mind?" her face flushed.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Nevin watched her as she grabbed her clothing and smirked. "Sure," he said, turning away to face the wall. Too bad she couldn't come with him to the ship like that.

"I'll tell you when we get onboard the ship," he began to explain. "This is over the heads of all of command, even the CiC."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Salla stopped what she was doing and stood stupidly in the doorway watching his turned back. Well, uh, that wasn't exactly what she had in mind when she wanted privacy, but he seemed like he was in a hurry. It had to do.

Slipping off her night shirt and pants, Salla's brow wrinkled. "Over their heads?" So many different possibilities passed through her mind that she almost forgot to fasten the clasps on her tunic. "You don't think Organa Solo is turning rogue, do you?" Of course, it was a stupid question but she had to throw it out there.

Finally pulling on her boots, Salla grabbed her Alliance-issued sidearm and placed it within a holster before moving to the door. "Alright, you can look now."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Antilles turned back around. "No, I don't think she is," he said. "Let's just get movin'. I'll tell you when we get there."

No, Leia wasn't going rogue. She was displaying more humanity than since Han was around. He couldn't blame her.

With that, Nevin turned to walk out of the room, towards the hangar. He glanced back to see if Salla was still following him.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

A stiffled groan escaped Salla's lips as she punched in the code to lock the door. When the door was secure, she started into a fast walk to catch up to Nevin, who was already halfway down the corridor.

"I hate all this confidential stuff," she complained as they rounded another corner. "I'm never good enough to go on routine missions," she rambled on. "But when something like this pops up, I'm the first one they ask." She shook her head, not even allowing Nevin time to respond. "It doesn't make any sense to me."

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 107
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: