Command Corridor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Command Corridor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Command Corridor

Tanya walked down the command corridor to see how the negotiations were going without her. She walked right into Han Solo. “I’m sorry.” She said quickly and kept walking. SOLO? “General Solo,” Tanya called down the hall, “Why are you not in there negotiating?” She said this just loud enough so the Imperials inside could hear her chastising Solo like a child, should be good for a laugh one day.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Han sighed in relief at the close call. The last thing he needed at the moment was to have Haines stop--

“General Solo. Why are you not in there negotiating?”

Stopping in his tracks at the sound of her voice echoing down the hall, Han glanced back over his shoulder slightly. Dammit!

"They seem to be handling them just fine," he said simply and with a slight edge to his voice. "No need to mess that up."

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Tanya’s eyes narrowed dangerously, “Solo, I want you in there NOW!” She looked at Han very, very carefully. “And I mean now, just because you hate the imperials doesn’t mean you have the right to disobey my direct orders.” Tanya listened carefully and could have sworn she heard tweeting coming from the negotiation hall…

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Han spun on his heel to face her, glaring dangerously at her. He was just barely able to keep his anger in check.

"Look, you may have stripped me of rank and so graciously took my place, but I'm not lettin' you force me to act a certain way in front of our enemies," he snarled, coming dangerously close to her face. "This treaty isn't going to work and as far as I'm concerned, will be the largest mistake this Alliance will make! I don't want to be a part of it. If I go back in there, things won't be pretty."

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I could say the same for you, Tanya wanted to say but instead it came out, “You know what? Fine, I’ll do it myself, thank you Corporal.” Tanya then turned, opened the door and walked in.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Han's face flushed again as she turned and entered the negotiation hall. "You're quite welcomed!" he yelled out as the door reshut behind her. Thrusting his hands into his pockets, he began once more to walk down the corridor.

In a way, he was relieved. He didn't want to be in there doing all the talking anyway. That was better left for Leia and Haines. Besides, if he was doing the talking, this treaty wouldn't come about at all - how it should be.

The only thing that plagued Han's mind was Haines' addressing of him as "Corporal." Was she serious?

Ah, it didn't matter anyway. If he was demoted, it was for a good cause and for what he believed in. Plus, he was never too fond of titles--

"Ugh!" Han stumbled backward after running into someone coming down the corridor in the other direction.

Han raised his head and blinked slightly at the figure before him. His expression slowly turned into a scowel. It was that young Imperial Moff from they managed to capture on their way back from Coruscant.

Great, just what he wanted to see...more Imps...

"You," he grumbled in a low voice at the young man.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Nevin glared at the man as he regained his balance. Just who he needed to run into. The sheer horror of the experience was that he was now to treat this man like an ally. But that didn't occur to him immediately.

"Solo," He muttered.

Though it was weeks ago that this man started the revolt on Lusankya, Nevin still felt a deep urge inside himself to blame the Rebel for the death of Kara. Although most of that had already been directed at Ams, Nevin felt his jaw and fist clench. Solo didn't seem like he was in a good mood himself, either.

"Something you want?" Antilles asked, spite in his voice.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Tara was about ready to leave the area as two people stood right in the middle of the corridor. One she recognised as Han, but as for the other, she never seen him before.

"Can you find some other place to meet? I'm trying to get as far away from the greatest mistake in history as it's being made. I just wish I had a ship. Just so I can get as far from this thing as possible," she muttered the last two sentences and growled the first two sentences, glaring at the two men.

|Tara|Would you believe the 'I come in peace' line? says:
I think you might find a crashed speeder somewhere

I'd look somewhere outside for it

I wonder whose speeder it was
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Han spun and glared at the young woman standing behind them. He didn't need to hear her smart comments on top of everything else eventhough at this moment, they may have had something in common. However, what he said didn't reflect that.

"Go away," he snarled, turning his back to her once more. He had other things to tend to.

Turning his attention back to the Imperial Moff, he regarded the young man for a moment before opening his mouth - and stopped. He realized he didn't know what to say to him. Instead, he said the first thing that came to his mind...

"You," he started, thrusting his index finger into his face. "You go away too." Pushing past Antilles, he continued down the corridor.

Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject:

"Not my fault you were in my way!! Next time, I'll run you over!!" she shouted at him before turning to the other person.

"And who exactly are you? Don't tell me that you're an Imp too. This is like the biggest concentration of Imperial Troops on a single planet in the outer rim that I know of. I'm gonna get shot yet," she stated, walking off.

She finally caught up with Han.

"Listen, just cause we're not even near close to being friends, you don't need to be snappish," she stated.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Antilles watched stupidly after the girl and Solo. He didn't even have time to respond to her little rantings. As for Solo, Nevin could really care less. He didn't need to put up with his self-righteous dribble.

Shrugging to himself and continuing his walk back down the hallway, he began to enter the area that housed the quarters. Nevin looked at each name plate next to the doors. He didn't know what he was searching for, but he had nothing better to do.

The fact that he was now one of these people was strange to him. He didn't want to be Imperial anymore, but he hadn't imagined himself a Rebel. It had been an enemy that he'd fought against for years. He was indoctrinated by the Empire against them. Maybe that reason was why he hated Imperials so much now.

Whatever the reason, he soon found himself outside of a door that read "Salla Vivek."

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject:

Leia walked out of the negotiations hall after the Imperials had left. This had been a very eventful day. Then again, it had also made her extremely infuriated at her husband. Somehow she doubted she would really be able to yell at him; he had a reason to leave like that anyway.

However, when she saw Han waiting outside the room, no more than two meters from the door, it made her more mad. The only thing that kept her in check was seeing Stevens yelling at the Corellian, whom seemed him be on the brink of rage as well.

Leia forced a tight smile as her eyes set a death glare upon Han. "Having a little meeting out here?"
 Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

"Wouldn't even consider it a meeting," Tara said, walking off moodily.

She knew that there was no way she'd be buddy-buddy with the people who killed her brother. Even if that meant going at it alone and fiercely outnumbered, but the Empire had killed many innocents and she still felt that the spirits won't rest in peace as long as the Empire is in power. She decided that a drink at some cantina sounded like a good idea for the time being and she left the base, borrowing a landspeeder, hoping that no one would miss it; she was going to return it, anyways.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Turning toward the sound of the new voice that echoed through the corridor, Han cursed under his breath. Leia was standing no more than a few feet away from them. Han opened his mouth to explain but was cut off by Stevens.

"Wouldn't even consider it a meeting,"

With that, the young girl stormed down the hallway. Damn it! Any other time she wouldn't leave him alone! Now she decides to strand him with...her...

Smirking slightly, he slowly turned back toward Leia. Just from the look on her face, Han could tell she was far from a good mood. "So, they're over so soon?" he started. "What happened - did everything fall through? Leia, I knew something like this would happen..."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Good. The girl was gone. Now Leia could pull back all stops.

"After your little drama show, I'm surprised they didn't fall through!" Leia screamed, though taking care to make sure no one else was around to hear it. "You little--ugh, I'm not even going to get into this again."

She turned away from her husband, speaking again before he could respond. "Get packed." She said, beginning her way down the corridor.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Han once again felt the heat rising in his face in anger as Leia moved past him and continued down the corridor. She thinks it's gonna be that simple, huh? Well, she had another thing coming. Han began to follow and was soon right on her heels.

"You know, I don't want to get into it either," he snarled at her back. "You know wh--"

He stopped. Did he just hear what he thought she said?

"Wait..." he said in a more calmer tone. "Get packed? And just where am I goin'?!"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject:

"You're 'goin' ' to Coruscant with me," Leia muttered, moving down the hall. "If you so much as flinch in front of those Imperials, there will be hell to pay."

She wasn't exactly in a tolerant mood with her husband at the moment. She wasn't going to let him spoil this.

"I'm telling Winter to take the kids. We're going to establish an embassy there."
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject:

Han scoffed and stopped in mid-stride. There was no way in the seven hells Leia was dragging him to the very center of this mess.

"Uh, no," he said simply. "I'm not hauling my ass to Coruscant to help set up some embassy with the enemy. I think I already made it clear where I stand in this and I'm not changin' my mind! Not for you - not for anyone!"

He stopped briefly as more people began to exit the negotiation hall - a few throwing glances in their direction. Han began to move down the corridor again to distance himself from them and also to catch up to Leia, who was nearing the far end.

"And just so you know," he started again when he was sure he was out of earshot of the others. "You can tell Winter to forget it. I'll be watchin' the kids."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject:

"Uh, no," She said, mirroring his arrogent attitude. There was no way he was going to screw this all up after Leia had to meet for hours with that stuck-up Moff. "We're leaving tonight. Get packed or you'll be wearing that," She paused for a second, looking over his attire. "thing for the whole entire time."

She began walking again, heading towards their quarters. She wasn't in the mood to fool around this day.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:

"Well, I'd rather be wearing this thing," he said in a low tone, tugging on his uniform collar to emphasis the point. "Than go ahead to Coruscant."

Han was getting sick of this. And to make matters worse, she wouldn't even stop to give him a chance - she just continued right on down the corridor. Clenching his jaw together tightly, he began to once again follow her.

"Face it, Leia, I'm not goin' and that's it! I'm not lettin' you drag me to every little political pow wow you attend - especially when the hosts wear white buckets on their heads and wipe out entire civilizations! They're our enemies, Leia...why can't you see that?!

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Tanya’s comlink beeped, she flipped it open and a small familiar image materialised.
“Han’s comlink is turned off,” said the figure, “can you go and find him please?”
Tanya nodded and walked down the corridor to Solo.
“Solo? Someone to see you.” Tanya said passing the comlink over.
When Han took the device the figure spoke to him, “Han, I assume you’re going to Coruscant?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:

If looks could kill, the look that Han shot Haines as she appraoched him and handed over the comlink would have done just that. Couldn't she see that he was in the middle of something?

Taking one more glance in Leia's direction, he looked down at the comm and shot the small hologram before him the same glare he had given Haines. "No, I'm not goin' to Coruscant." He paused, looking back up at Leia. "I wonder where everyone gets these crazy ideas," he directed more toward Leia than to Luke.

He snarled before continuing. "Oh, and kid, next time don't try to get ahold of me when my comm's off. It usually means I don't want to be bothered!"

With that, he flipped the switch in the off position and shoved the device back toward Haines. "I believe this is yours," he added before continuing down the hall after his wife.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject:

“Solo,” Tanya smiled sweetly, “I don’t want to have to order you to go.”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Han stopped again in mid-stride and audiably growled. He just couldn't fathom what the big deal was that he attend this...political committee. It'll just be like all the others anyway - a bunch of banshee birds screeching at each other. He wasn't about to put up with that.

And now it was Tanya Haines on his case again. To make matters worse, she used such a tone of voice that reminded him of someone running their fingernails along a sheet of transparisteel.

Han slowly turned to face her, mirroring her smile almost exactly. "No," he started, matching her tone of voice as well. "You won't ordering me to do anything."

And now for what was on his mind. "Let me ask you this, though. Why do you want me to go so badly? I'm not a political guy. Chances are, I'll just cause more problems. It's better just to let Leia handle this, right?"

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject:

“The Imperials requested your attendance specifically,” Tanya thought about the next thing she was going to say very carefully. Luke Skywalker, even though not physically in charge, practically ran the Rebellion after Mothma died. He held strong influence with Leia, and if he wanted something done in the military… no one would argue. Luke had given a suggestion, well more of an order.
“General, due to your bravery and loyalty to the Rebellion. And assisting in bringing in a new era of peace and galactic prosperity,” Tanya took a deep breath, “I’m transferring you to the Naval division. And promoting you. Therefore you are the second highest ranking military officer. Meaning you have to go.”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:

One moment Han's face was a mask of anger and in the next it was one of surprise. His mind must have been playing tricks with him. There was no way he heard what he thought she said.

Promotion? For what? He hadn't done anything. Well, unless she considered arguing with the Imps and threatening a galactic peace treaty worthy of recognition - but he doubted it.

"Uh, a promotion, Mame?" he muttered, still shocked. But it was soon replaced by a cocky smirk. "But I didn't do anything. I think you should reconsider and give it to someone who deserves it and send them instead."

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject:

“Solo, I am going to get you on that ship if I have to drag you by your ankles.” Tanya looked Han square in the eyes, all humour was lost now. This had gone far beyond a joke. “Grand Admiral Han Solo, As Commander in Chief of the Galactic Alliance Military I give you the direct order to go to Coruscant.” Tanya drew a short breath, “if you do not… you will be put into a prison cell and await punishment that suits treason. The Millennium Falcon will be disassembled and the parts sold for scrap. Chewbacca will be sent back to the Wookies and History will forever remember you as the coward that couldn’t just listen to orders and obey them."

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject:

Leia pushed Tanya aside. She knew if this was going to keep up, it would not end good. "Thank you, Tanya," She said gently. "I'll make sure he's up there."

She smiled slightly as she grabbed her husband's arm and swiftly pulled him down the corridor. "What are you trying to do to us?!" She muttered.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:

That was it. Han had had enough. He wasn't going to just stand here and let someone like Haines tear him apart. Sure, it may mean he'll face imprisionment, but at least he'll have the satisfaction to know that he got the last laugh.

Keeping his gaze set on Haines' face, Han stepped forward threatenly and opened his mouth to speak....

And was silenced before a single word left his lips.

Han winced at the vice-like grip now grabbing hold of his right arm and ushering him down the corridor. Han spared a moment to glance down at his arm a familiar slender hand...Leia's.

But it wasn't a friendly greeting he got. Well, he wasn't really expecting one anyway, but still.

"What are you trying to do to us?!"

"Do?!" he stuttered, breaking loose of her grip. "I'm tryin' to help us, that's why I'm tryin' to do!"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject:

"You think so?!" She screamed back at him. "All you're doing is taking something we need and making it weaker! We need this alliance, we can't keep this up forever, you know!"
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:

"We need?!" Han scoffed and shook his head in mock amusement. "No, Leia! We don't need anything concerning them! If anything, this alliance will make us weaker! You watch...give them a few months. They'll turn around and shove this all back in our faces! Then what're you gonna do, huh?!"

Han sighed and turned his gaze away from her, his anger easing slightly. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who remembers what we're fightin' for in the first place."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Leia instantly felt the blood in her face begin to boil. Han had just crossed the line.

"Don't you ever give me that!" Leia hissed.

If there was any one in this Alliance that had suffered more as a result of the Civil War, she had never met anyone. Now with her husband spouting off such trite, Leia was beginning to feel betrayed. She had to get out of here.

"If you're not willing to accept this," She sniffled. "then you have no business being in the position you're in!"

Leia pushed past her husband and continued down the hall without him.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Hearing the slight waver in her voice made Han instantly regret his words. He never intended to make it personal between Leia and himself - just the Alliance as a whole. He cringed inwardly at his failure to do even that, he started to follow his wife down the corridor.

"Leia," he called in a calmer tone. "I didn't mean it like that. Hell, I know I don't deserve this position! But just listen to me for a second." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "This was never intended to be between you and me...only the Alliance and its mistakes. I just can't for the life of me figure out why the Alliance would turn around in it's ways and join them! That's all!"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject:

"The Alliance is supposed to protect people from the Empire," Leia started, still hurrying down the corridor. "How can a peace not be one of our 'ways'?!"

While Leia didn't doubt Han's intentions, there was no denying that he had to learn how to deal with these kind of things. She didn't trust the Empire any more than he did, and Han had to know that. She had more reason to distrust them than even he did. Still, they both had to be open. It was the only way to save their hopes.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Blinking slightly at her statement, Han continued to follow her down the corridor. That made no sense whatsoever - was she trying to trick him into agreeing with her?

"Hold on a sec, princess," he started, holding a hand out to collect his thoughts. "First you say we protect people from the Empire...then you bring in peace. Well, there's a slight problem with that. If we're supposed to be protecting people from the Empire, why make a peace treaty with them? See what I'm sayin'?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject:

"Ever hear the phrase 'the closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm?'" Leia pointed out. "If they want an alliance, they're obviously hurting too. Even if it isn't permanent, we need this time to rebuild. Plus, we're not merging with them, we're just at a truce. And we're going to Coruscant to secure that truce."

Leia walked down the hallway until coming before their corridors. She punched in the security code and entered the small network of rooms, immediately going to the miniscule closet on the far side. As she began to pull suitcases out, she looked up to see Winter calmly walking out of the babies' room with Jaina in her arms.

"Leia," The pure white-haired, but rather young, woman smiled.

Leia returned the smile to the woman she considered to be her sister. She had been raised on Alderaan with Winter, and they had both been active in the life of the Alliance. Though Winter was a kind woman and looked after the twins now, she used to be, and still was, a very capable agent.

"We're going to need you to take care of the kids for awhile," She said, glancing back at her husband as she threw both of their wardrobes into the case.

"Oh?" Winter inquired, soothing the baby in her arms.

"We're going to Coruscant for a bit," She said, pausing her packing for a minute to dangle her little finger in the baby's face. "We shouldn't be gone long."

Winter gave Leia a concerned look, but the woman had learned to trust Leia's decisions. Though, as Leia glanced back at Han, she determined that the Corellian had yet to accept what Winter had come to respect.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject:

Han sighed, finally giving in to her wife's demands. Didn't look like he was going to get much further with his side of the argument anyway. "Alright, fine," he finally said. "Although, you're doin' all the talking."

Han didn't get a chance to see the reaction on his wife's face before they entered the apartment. Instantly Leia was off to pack and Han just stood back against the wall and watched. No need to get into her way when she was on a mission.

Thrusting his hands into his pockets, Han watched as Leia hurried about, packing their clothes and finding the time to talk to Winter at the same time.

Han figured he might as well do something constructive, so he moved off toward the kids' crib and quickly checked in on Jonash. He found the young boy asleep and wrapped up in a blanket.

Satisfied that everything was alright, Han moved back out into the main living area where Leia was waiting.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject:

Within a few hours, all was ready. It felt weird to know that in a few hours she would be seeing Coruscant again. Still, that excited-yet-worried feeling came across her, as it had in the negotiations.

Pulling her suitcase, she looked over at Han. "Ready?"
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject:

"No," Han said bluntly, a deadpan expression etched on his face. "But unless you want to get into another round of arguing, I guess I don't have a choice, do I?"

Moving forward, Han bent down and took both suitcases into his grip. Just how long did Leia plan to stay that she made them pack like this? He was thinking only a few days at the most, but with the way they felt - well, one felt, that didn't seem to be the case.

"Ugh," he grumbled, straining slightly under the weight. "What the hell do you have in here?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject:

Leia smirked and walked out the door past him. "You'll see when we get there."

Slinging the smaller bag over her shoulder, she proceeded down the corridor toward the landing platforms, her husband following behind her. Maybe it served him right to be struggling with those suitcases.

"We're not going to be there long," She said, turning off down another corridor, passing by busy officers. "This is just a formality. Plus, it wouldn't be bad for us to get a few days alone before coming back to the kids and all of this stuff."

For the past few months, Leia knew Han had to feel the same way about their recent lack of time together. Since the children were born, they had found virtually no place for just the two of thme. Maybe that was a secondary reason she wanted to get away; though, going to Imperial City wasn't the best vacation spot.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:

"A formality, huh?" Han uttered as he continued to haul both suitcases down what seemed to be a never-ending corridor, following his wife. "I'm sure there's other ways they could've gone about this. For starters, assigning someone else."

Han could just sense the irritation radiating off of his wife at his words. But he didn't care. He learned a long time ago to speak his mind. Although, the second half of what she had said did sound promising. Some time alone would do both of them good.

"However, I think I might take you up on that vacation time," he added, an amused smirk spread over his features. "I know I need it."

Finally rounding the last curve in the corridor, husband and wife finally emerged into the wide expense of the hangar bays. Off to one side, nestled the Millennium Falcon on her landing struts.

Han's face beamed upon seeing her among the other rag-tag ships. Too bad he would be flying her directly into the heart of the Empire. If any harm came to her...

A familiar howl echoed over the whine and hum of the hangar. It was the sound of a very agitated Wookiee. No sooner had the sound been heard, then a tall, shaggy figure appeared from behind the Falcon's starboard stablizer.

"Chewie!" Han yelled across the large open space and dropping both suitcases to the deck. "You have her prepped?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Watching as the creature moaned back an affirmative, Leia kept walking toward the ramp. The familiar, yet always-a-little-mysterious, ship was dark and unpowered. Taking the liberty of flipping the power on as she entered the cockpit, she glanced back down the corridor to see if Han was following her.

He'd probably kill her if he knew she had even touched the controls to the ship. Even with how much her husband had changed, the Falcon was still the source of all his obsessive-compulsiveness. Even if she didn't know how, it got them where they wanted to go - albeit breaking down at least twice every journey.

As her husband entered the cockpit, she turned to him and said, "Guess Chewie had her on already."
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Nevin walked down the corridor, hands in his pockets, and maintaining a silence. Now that he had left Salla's quarters, he had more time to think about his feelings. He decided not to think about them. He couldn't wait to get back on a ship and into battle...or so he anticipated.

He brought a hand up to his head and ran it through his brown hair. Nevin hoped things would be getting hectic again. It would leave him less time to think about--

"Nevin!"

Salla?! She was back?

He stopped walking, looking back around the corner he had just begun to turn. Antilles stepped back towards where he came from, slowly, to see the woman running after him, calling out his name. He looked over her quickly with his eyes, then back to her face, saying, "What?"

Nevin winced before the word left his mouth. It seemed cold. He thought he would not have had to deal with her for the next few weeks. Apparently not. Then again, maybe he wanted to deal with her...

"Uh, why you following me?" He said, tone slightly improved.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Salla came to a halt before plowing into the back of the ex-Imp. He had obviously heard her call and now turned calmly to face her.

Calm. How could he be calm? Salla was anything but. Her hands were clammy as she rubbed them together repeatedly and small beads of sweat began to form on her forehead - and it wasn't from the heat of the planet. And here Nevin was, holding his own without a hint of emotion present on his face. She hated it.

"What?"

His voice echoed through the corridors, slicing into the silence that hung between them. His reaction to her presence wasn't exactly what she expected either. Perhaps she was wrong all along about how he felt about her. She thought she saw something, but now...

No. Shaking her head mentally, she quickly shut out any thoughts that may betray her and refocused her gaze on Nevin. Apparently, he must have detected her hesitation or sensed her musings, for he quickly opened his mouth again to continue.

"Uh, why you following me?"

Well, that wasn't much of an improvement over his first statement, but it was a start. At least it wasn't a flat out insult and this time Salla could take some refuge in that fact.

And then the reality of the question hit her with the load of a ten ton stack of durasteel. Why was she following him? She hadn't really established that back in her quarters aside from wanting to have a friend. But was that the only reason?

Salla swallowed and raised her emerald eyes toward Nevin's blue. She absently pushed back a few strands of stray hair that fell down into her face before beginning to speak. "I-I just---wanted to say," she began to shift her weight back and forth, trying to form together the correct way to say this. "good-luc--bye. I mean, we-we are friends...I think."

Salla winced. Perhaps she shouldn't have added that last part. But at this moment, she wasn't thinking totally clear. Besides, she had to know the truth. She had to know how he truly felt.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject:

Turning towards her completely, Nevin realized that she must be having the same conflict he was. Perhaps that very idea reassured him...made him feel like he wasn't as alone. Hell, the whole fact that she had followed him out here was reason enough.

Taking a few steps toward her, he tried to come up with a response. It had been so easy to think about the answers to these questions within the confines and security of his mind, but as Nevin was faced with someone actually asking about them, all his rationalizing and meditation flew out the viewport.

Antilles simply watched her. He was most decidedly not good with words. He never had been. He didn't know what he was feeling, much less how to express it. However, as he saw her standing there, there was only one plausible thing to say.

"Good-bye," He said, turning away from her.

He paused for a beat. The silence was almost unbearable. What he truely felt finally broke through.

Nevin turned around, facing the woman once again. Actons guided almost by something that was not his own mind, he leaned down and kissed the startled woman on the lips.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject:

About time too!

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject:

An awkward silence passed between the two young rebels for what seemed like an eternity. Nevin's gaze was fixed on Salla and in return, Salla was staring right back at him. Salla realized words didn't need to be spoken to express what he - or herself, for that matter, was feeling. It reflected in his piercing blue eyes. Confusion, remorse, curiousity...hope. She knew it well.

The young man finally shifted his weight and unhinged his mouth to speak. "Good-bye."

Salla's eyes turned to saucers as he turned promptly on his heel to face the far end of the corridor. She felt her heart sink to her feet at his refusal to utter just a few simple words. No mention of friendship to ease her mind. No hint of comrad--

The world beneath her feet appeared to stop dead in the vastness of space as Nevin's lips suddenly pressed against hers in a passionate kiss. Every nerve ending in her body instantly came to life and screamed out for attention. But she couldn't react. She was paralyzed where she stood and could not move away from the young man's moist lips even if her body desperately wanted to. The feel of his lips on hers sparked a new meaning inside of her regarding their friendship. Well, if it could even be called a friendship any longer. It was obviously something more now and Salla actually....liked it.

All of her senses were subdued and the outside world shut out as Salla finally pulled away from their embrace. She studied Nevin closely, her breathing eratic and her heart threatening to leap from within her chest. What did this mean? What could she say? Did he mean it or did he merely do it to shut her up?

All of these thoughts swirled within her troubled mind as the two just stood there, regarding each other. The silence once again filled the corridor in which they stood.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject:

Nevin returned her stare, chest throbbing as he attempted to catch his breath. He desperately wanted to move back in, and take another kiss from her lips...but, at the same time, he felt it was just enough. Perhaps it was too much.

His jaw throbbed slightly as he thought of what to say. After a few moments, he determined there was nothing. There was nothing to say to her, and he found himself strangly devoid of all the conflicting thoughts and emotions that usually presented themselves upon him. He doubted that would last for long.

Nevin, who had found himself so anxious to leave a few moments ago, wante d to stay. He felt something. It was something more than he had felt, even with--KARA! He swiftly turned away, this time not looking back, and proceeded down the corridor.

How could he be doing this? His fiance-to-be had just died! It wasn't that long ago, only a few short weeks. This was too soon. Forever would be too soon to make up for Kara's death. He couldn't live without clinging to her, to the last thing that had been stable in his life, even if for only a few days.

Then, Antilles realized that the conflicting thoughts had already returned. They haunted him, stopping any progress. Although now an officer on the "enemy's" side, he was still the young Imperial in Lusankya that watched as the woman he loved helplessly fell to the ground. He hadn't changed since that time. Things weren't any different, at all. He was still bottling rage, keeping his emotions away from anyone, inside himself where only he could feel them and surpress the effects...but that wasn't going to work anymore.

He needed to move on.

Nevin paused slightly, glancing back in a subconscious effort to see if Salla had followed him, but she hadn't.

He needed to move on, but not now. Not yet.

Resuming his walk, he headed into the docking bays, quietly getting on a shuttle. It would take him to his assignment...and away from Salla. If that was for better, or worse, he didn't know.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Their gazes finally fell away from each other - their intimate bond broken. Nevin's eyes fell to the floor before he casually turned and strode away down the corridor. Salla continued to watch until his retreating back disappeared around a fork in the passageway.

Then she was alone again....but - no. No, she wasn't. That kiss had sealed their fate. Or at least, it had Salla's. She was indefinitely indebted to him as their relationship grew beyond mere friendship. He was a part of her now. Together as one forever. Salla's face spread into a smile at the thought, but it quickly faded.

A strange sensation suddenly coursed through her veins. It tingled similarly to an arm or a leg when the circulation was cut off. As the feeling spread, Salla became frightened. What was happening?

As if in response, the overhead comm speaker crackled to life and the voice of the Commander in Chief filtered through the speaker. “All personnel, here this. All personnel are to remain in their quarters.”

Salla froze in her tracks and grimaced at the announcement. What was happening? Just then the sensation peeked to an all time high. Salla doubled over, beginning to succumb to the effects as a blaster bolt ricochetted off the wall directly beside her.

Gasping and flattening herself against the wall, Salla focused her gaze in the direction the bolt had originated from. All color drained from her face at the sight she saw. Angling their blaster rifles at a forty-five degree angle, a squad of 6 armored Clone troopers rounded the corner.

Where did they come from?! Did the Empire invade while Nevin and herself were alone her in quarters? Or worse yet, the Empire returned to reclaim what they thought was their's - Nevin.

The tingling sensation returned as one of the troops cocked his head in her direction and raised the blaster rifle toward her chest. "You there, return to your quarters immediately or we will be forced to fire," the clone boomed from behind his helmet speaker.

When Salla remained where she was, the clone nodded to the rest of the squad and they too, leveled their rifles at her. The sensation became overwhelming as the muscles in her body protested and spasmed. Before she could react, Salla found herself ducking the first wave of bolts before starting at a sprint down the corridor. The sound of blaster fire followed her.

The sensation eased and was slowly replaced by adrenaline. Now that was weird. Did that sensation somehow help her in evading those shots? If so, how?

Her question remained unanswered as the troops began to gain on her as blasterfire continued to light up the passage around her. Urging herself to go faster, Salla came to an intersection and turned down a right passage toward the detention area. The clones weren't far behind.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Luke and his team stealthily walked into the corridor. Clone troopers ran towards the detention area. Luke sensed Salla was there. How could he sense her so easily?
He also sensed that she was confident enough to take care of herself, Luke didn’t want to deprive her of that moment. As the clones marched down the detention corridor Luke pushed the external security control, de activating the camera’s so that Tanya couldn’t see Salla.
Luke and his team ran down the corridor, Luke noticed one of the ground tiles moving and all STO’s guns pointed at the tile. Luke shook his head as a young woman jumped out of the deep hole.
Luke smiled at her, “Have you been down there the whole time?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Command Corridor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: