A small Flash Not-so-fiction I made
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » A small Flash Not-so-fiction I made
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: A small Flash Not-so-fiction I made

Date: July 24, 2005...

Time: 5:00 PM.

I was sitting in my mom's orange 2004 40th Anniversary Mustang with my friend Carl. We were waiting for our girlfriends, sisters you know, to show up. We had been calling them for at least fifteen minutes, but they still haven't learned to answer their phones.

We had planned on eating at Grand Junction, a sub place that is guaranteed to be made fresh. They make it in front of you. It's one of those restaurants where they do fancy tricks with their spatulas. I always laugh when they mess up. Not so much at the mistake, but they always try to make excuses. The excuses suck.

After dinner, we were going to go to Trollwood Park to see the first ever Disney licensed musical. Trollwood has been trying for years to get permission to do one. They finally got it, and I can't think of a better musical to get: Beauty and the Beast.

Finally, the light jazzy ringtone on my phone went off. I struggle to get it out of my pocket. It's always impossible to do while you're sitting down. The number's my girlfriend. A warm sensation rose in my heart. I hadn't seen her for a while, now. I had begun to miss her and talking to her was difficult. I found out later that night that their internet broke and I don't like using the phone (neurotic, y'know).

We talk and I'm trying to get them to where we are. For some reason, her sister told her to turn onto a street that goes to a dead end. We finally got them on the right track, and conversation turned to things that aren't clear anymore.

Right next door to Grand Junction (which was unfortuneately closed), there's Reeb's Sports Bar and Grill. Out of Reeb's walks a couple who go to their car. More noteably, a man.

The man stared with what I was sure not admiration at us. Something more along the lines of contempt. He was carrying a styrofoam container, the kind you put take out food in, wearing a Bears jersey and khaki shorts. He was Hispanic by his look, with black, curly hair about my length. Once he got to the passenger side of his door, all Hell broke loose.

He started acting what I had automatically recognized as drugged behavior. He less than calmly set his meal on top of his silver Chevy car and for no apparent reason took his shirt off as fast as he could. Which wasn't very fast mind you, he looked as though he had forgotten how. Then he put it back on just as quickly as it had come off.

He came right up next to the glass of the car, fogging it. His face was no more than seven inches away from mine. He started mumbling then said "You wanna go, huh?!" Then he started babbling inaudibly and began to walk away. As he turned and looked at me with disgust, the Mustang symbol on the front of the car must have sparked something in his head. He pointed straight at it, walked two steps toward his car, threw the styrofoam he was holding, splattered food all over the pavement, and ran at us.

He smashed his fist into the windshield of my car. Then again and again. He had managed to indent the windshield and leave it supremely smashed. One more hit, and he would have been through.

I heard myself yell, "HOLY SHIT!", but somehow I seemed so far away.

I can't completely remember everything, but somehow his girlfriend had backed up the car, gotten out, and pulled him off of it, then somehow got him into their car. They took off westbound on 19th avenue.

FFA 981

Those were the license plate numbers.

I hung up on my girlfriend without warning and dialed 911.

To be continued...

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject:

Date: Summer of 1999

Time: N/A

My mom and I had gone on vacation to Grand Rapids, South Dakota this year. It was just a turn around point for our road trip. Not a whole lot of special in Grand Rapids. Just another big town with a hotel for people passing through.

We had a blast. We went to a zoo in Bismarck, the Medora musical, even a Flintstone's theme park. That's all I remember, really. Except for one other thing.

On the way home, we saw a nature reserve/zoo. It was very interesting in itself. The animals roamed freely throughout the zoo, not allowed to leave of course, and instead of you walking up to cages, you were caged in your car as you drove through. Obviously, this caused stops for animals who crossed the pavement. That was expected. It even happened to us.

A goat crossed our path. Exciting, eh? Goats are farm animals and we live in the biggest farm state in the world. The boring goat, soon turned to something else's lunch.

Three wolves stalked from behind our car, a white 1990 Mercury Topaz. They came up on the goat and struck. They bit into it and ravaged it until it stopped moving. Natural carnage and predation in front of my very eyes.

I didn't watch that so much as one of the wolves passing within a foot of me outside the car door. I cringed and held the door as tightly as I could. I admit, it was stupid. I felt foolish later when I found out that the wolves had their teeth points filed away. They hadn't even succeeded in killing their prey, the goat.

I had felt the thrill of being that close to a dangerous animal. Little did I know that six years later, I would see another wolf. A lone one. Not hunting for food and certainly not hunting goat. This one was hunting out of crazed madness for horse.

Date: July 24, 2005

Time: 5:15 PM

There was no time to sit idle and stare as their car drove off. Even while I was dialing 911, I was noting other things. Carl and I got the license plates. We would laugh later, finding that what we wrote the number on was given as a gift. FAA 981. Minnesota plates.

After what seemed an eternity waiting for an answer on my phone, I finally got one.

"Emergency services," a woman answered.

"I was just attacked..." by my voice, I apparently hadn't calmed down yet and was still hyper about it.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on 19th at this strip mall. This guy just came out and smashed his fist on my windshield."

"What are you driving?"

"An orange 2004 Ford Mustang. Do you want his license plate number?"

"Sir, I still don't know where you are. 19th, north or south?"

I stopped talking, I didn't know.

"Um...uh...I don't know..."

"Are there any businesses around you that you know?"

"Uh, Grand Junction, Juano's, Fargodome, A&W, I'm by this strip mall. You want their license plates?"

"I need to know where you are first. Is there anything else there?"

What, you don't know where the Fargodome is?

"Um...I'm in front of Reeb's Sports Bar and Grill...You want the license plate number, now?" I was still out of it. This wasn't going to be easy for either of us.

"Yeah."

I told it to her. FAA 981.

"Did you see which way they went?"

I had to ask Carl what direction they went, I wasn't level headed enough to tell the difference between east and west.

"Um...west...on 19th..."

"Now, what happened?"

I had just realized, she hadn't asked that yet. Wow.

"Ok, I was sitting here waiting for some people and this guy came out of Reeb's and he was acting all weird and he went to his car and set his food on top of it and took his shirt off and then....just kinda flipped out and put it back on and then he came over to me and walked right up next to me and started muttering an--"

"What did he say?"

"I couldn't tell, he was mumbling. Then he went back over to the car and got his food and walked back between the cars again then when he came back and walked away again he freaked out and pointed at the Mustang symbol on the front and then ran at me at smashed his fist into the windshield repeatedly and smashed it."

"Ok, what's your phone number?"

Um, which one?

"You mean my home number?"

"The phone your on now."

I don't know my cell number.

"I...um...don't know..."

She pulled up. They were here. For everything that had just happened, time stopped and nothing mattered anymore. She was here and I was happy. I felt a warmth in my chest and I was back in control of myself.

"Hold on, someone's here who knows..."

To be continued...

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » A small Flash Not-so-fiction I made
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

All content and data are copyright © the SWVII CMAC Council unless otherwise noted by same.

SWVII Theme is based off the Solaris font. We claim no copyright, except on banner image[s].
Solaris phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson
Copyright © Jakob Persson 2003