Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 22
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 22

Leia awoke to the crying of one of the small children in the adjoining room. She groggily hit the light, which illuminated the dark and lonely room. It was the third time one of the babies had yelled out in the same night, and Leia was beginning to feel the stress of the constant worry and hassle that was brought on by it. She feared for the worst every time she started to sleep, and her heart continued to jump whenever she was pulled away by their cries.

The fact that Han was assigned to another mission didn't help at all. She was sad and mad at the same time, joking to herself that she would rather force this constant care-taking onto her husband and allow herself a few nights' sleep. However, that didn't seem to be an option, as he was still at Muunilist. Or, at least, on his way home from there.

Making her way into the room, she reached her arms into the small crib and extracted Jaina from the covers. "Ssh," She soothed. "Stop being the problem child." She joked to the small girl with a smile, rocking the baby in her arms.

Get home soon... She hoped.
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject:

Why couldn't they put off these kriffin' debriefings till the morning! Han thought bitterly as he staggered along the corridor of the base toward the living quarters he shared with Leia.

Eventhough he had arrived back fairly early from Muunilist, they had kept him over - questioning him on the Union's activity and what he had encountered. He tried to explain to them that he hadn't really done anything, but they had insisted he stay anyway. And by this time of night, the fatigue Han felt was overpowering.

Han stopped at their room and tried the door pad. Locked. Leia must have already been asleep and for the most part, he couldn't blame her. It was pretty late.

Suppressing a groan, Han thrust his hand into his pocket and pulled out the room key, swiping it over the lock. This time, the door did open and Han stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

Dropping his duffel down at the entry in a heap, the only thing Han had on his mind was sleep. Moving across the small space of the main living area, Han entered the even smaller bedroom on the far side.

Not even bothering to remove his uniform, he collapsed down onto the bed without another thought.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject:

Leia's instincts caused her to nearly drop the small child as she heard the door hiss open. Someone was in the room. Carefully, this time, laying down Jaina and wrapping her back in her blankets, she moved to the far side of the room.

She and Han had been expecting the possibility of someone trying to kidnap their children; they were prime targets. They'd been sure to keep suitable defense in the room, but that made Leia feel no better. As she pulled away a box full of various things for the babies, Leia slid aside a wall panel which housed a small pad. Kneeling down, she typed in a numeric combination and the second door popped open, revealing a blaster. She stood back to her feet, closing the panel and moved silently to the door leading into their bedroom.

She glanced back at the crib to confirm the children were still there, and they were. Leia activated the homing beacon on her personal comlink, which was stored beneath the folds of her night robe. Hopefully, Alliance guards would be here momentarily, making her job to distract the infiltrator. She took a breath and stepped into the room, pointing the blaster at the figure who was...on the bed?

"Get up! Who are you!?"
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Han bolted upright in the bed as a shrill voice echoed around the room. He staggered groggily in the dark and stubbed his toe on the edge of the bed. "OW!"

Wincing back the pain he pulled at the blaster that was still attached to his right thigh. He was glad he was too tired to take it off earlier. Now, it might just save his life.

Whirrling around toward his attacker, Han aimed the blaster into the dark toward the figure. But...stopped...

The sillouette looked familiar somehow. Yet...

Nah, he thought shaking his head and began to squeeze the trigger.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Leia didn't have much time to react after the red bolt was flung from the blaster. She moved to the side just enough for it to miss her arm and instead blast a small hole through her robe. She aimed the blaster back at the figure. "Don't you move!" She yelled, fear present in her voice.

Just a little longer till the guards got there...
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Don't move?! Just who did she think she was?! She was the intruder - not him!

"Don't move?!" Han spat in an amused tone. "This is my quarters!"

Then it hit him. The shroud of fatigue that was hindering his mind and thinking finally lifted and he was able to register where he had seen that sillohuette before. And heard that voice, for that matter.

Almost ashamed of himself, he lowered the sidearm to his side. "Leia?" he asked in a more gentle tone. "What the hell are you doing?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject:

"Han?" She muttered, tone embarassed. "You're home?" She asked gingerly as she lowered the blaster, hearing the sound of the babies crying from all the yelling.

How typical, she thought as she approached her husband. "When did you get in...?"

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

A smile spread across Han's face as she approached him. When she was no more than a few inches from his chest, he wrapped his arms around her and took her up in a hug. "Just now..." he said quietly.

"But next time," he said, pulling back slightly and looking down into her chestnut eyes. "How 'bout a warmer welcome?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject:

Leia smirked lightly and pressed her head into her husband's soft body. "I'm sorry," She soothed. "I'm just jumpy about people coming to take them." The mother informed.

"But, enough of that. Now that you're home, let's celebrate by sleeping," She smirked and moved towards the bed. Setting her blaster on the nightstand, she lied down and pulled the covers up over herself, waiting for Han.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject:

"You know," he started, beginning to remove his uniform tunic and boots. "Any other time, I'd argue, but right now...that sounds like a good idea."

Han slid underneath the sheets beside his wife and slowly wrapped his arms around her. In response, Leia nuzzled up against his chest and closed her eyes. He began to stroke the long strands of her hair, a smile slowly forming on his lips. There was nowhere else in this galaxy Han would rather be at this moment.

Eventually, he drifted off to sleep...

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject:

The room almost had an atmosphere of dreariness. It was quite different from what Nevin expected from Leia's living quarters. He could literally feel the change from that usual air of happiness that accompanied Organa Solo. Then again, he'd always expected something was wrong down inside. This room was the characterization of that, with its empty crib and lack of decoration.

"It hasn't always been like this," said a voice from the other room. Leia was revealed when she walked out from the back room. Did she know what he was think--ah, yeah...that's right, she was a Jedi. "It was different when the twins were here..." she paused and stared past the young admiral for a moment. "And Han."

Nevin's expression was slightly puzzled. "Uh, Ma'am--" He paused off of the informal expression of the Chief of State. "Mrs. Solo--" Still there. "Leia--" She smiled slightly. "Is there something you wanted to see me about?" He asked, uncomfortable addressing his leader by her first name.

"Yes," she said simply, sitting down on her messy bed.

Antilles stood uneasily. What the frack... "Well, your secretary told me to come to your quarters, not your office," his eyebrows raised ever-so-slightly. "Is something wrong?"

"Something's very wrong," Leia admitted. "My children and husband aren't here anymore."

Han Solo's disappearance was one of the foremost topics of discussion and speculation in the entirety of the Alliance base on Tatooine. "Do you know why he left?"

"A little," she shrugged. "He wanted a break from the responsibility...I don't think he realized it'd hurt me so much. Especially after the whole thing with the Jedi..." Leia trailed off with a sigh.

Nevin didn't know what else to say. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've found things to do," She admitted. "I've been practicing with Luke's saber. Actually, that's why I asked you here."

Was she intent on slicing him up with her saber? "For?"

Leia just smiled. "Luke said good things about you. I'm not sure you know why, so I won't get into it more," she paused and stood up. "Can I get you something to drink? Vaporators just got cleaned."

Nevin had come to suspect something was different about himself...especially since the Lusankya incident. He'd overheard Skywalker and Organa Solo discussing it as well. He just didn't want to face it...

"No thanks, I'm fine," he said, half-mindedly.

"I'll get you a bottle of beer, then."

Nevin couldn't put up a resistance to that. "Sounds good," he agreed with a smirk.

"Just don't tell Han," she advised as she pulled the ale out of the small refrigerator, handing the bottle to him. He took it.

"No offense, but I don't think we need to worry about that for now," Nevin said, smirk fading as he opened the bottle.

"Well, actually," Leia said as she paced around the room slightly. "That's why I wanted to talk to you. Aside from a number of reasons."

Nevin took a swig from the bottle then cautiously set it down on a small table, watching her. What was she up to?

She stared Nevin straight in the eye. "I want you to find him."

"Me?" He made a face. "I mean, it's not that I don't appreciate the trust, but...why me?"

Leia sighed. "For one, you seem to have a habit of saving Solos," she smirked, then continued more seriously. "And two, I think you'll be more well-informed about this mission, for more than one reason."

"Why didn't you want to talk about this in your office?"

"The rest of Command can't know about this mission. It's more controversial than your rescue at Anteevy."

"What?"

"Reach out, Nevin. We both know where he's at."

Reach out? Reach out with what? His arms couldn't stretch across the Galaxy. "I don't..."

"You will. I know you will," Leia confirmed, confidently. In fact, her confidence somewhat disturbed Nevin. "Plus, I think you know more about this particular situation than I would. I also sense that you might have more understanding for Han's situation...I can't say I'm feeling too accommodating for his shit right now," she growled.

"Lei--Chief of State, with all due respect," he paused. "How the hell am I supposed to go to somewhere where I--I don't even know where?" He asked, confusing himself at the very question. Fortunately, Leia seemed to have understood the meaning.

"Consider it a favor. Off the records. You can refuse, if you want to," She paused and smiled, jokingly. "but I'll have to take back that beer."

Nevin couldn't help but smirk, as confused as he was. "Yeah, alright...I guess so. I still don't know where it's at."

"Go into space. Take something small...discreet. The answer is close to home." She said with an almost mystical quality. Once again, Nevin's thoughts were, What the frack?

He nodded.

"Take Lieutenant Vivek with you as well. As soon as you can -- also, you might want to take a look into making yourself unrecognizable. Not many people don't know your face," Leia said in a burst of words.

The first sentence took Nevin by surprise. Then again, he didn't exactly want to oppose it..."Yes, ma'am."

"and Nevin...thank you."

Nevin stood for a moment, then nodded. He walked out of the door, hearing the sound of lightsaber activation and swinging as he closed the hatch.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:52 am; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The door panel slid aside and emitted the warm glow of the corridor lighting into the darkened room. Darkened room. That sure as hell didn't sound right.

With one infant carefully craddled in each arm, Han craned his neck to try and catch a glimpse of his wrist chrono. Even with the dim lighting from the corridor, Han could still see that the numbers came together to form 0200 hours Standard Time. A frown crossed his battered face as he shifted his gaze to search the dark room.

It took no rocket scientist to figure out that Leia wasn't here. The room was unusually cold for the climate on Tatooine and an eerie silence hung heavy in the room. A shiver ran down Han's spine and he quickly slapped the illumination panel as light instantly washed over the darkness.

The change in light caused both children to stir - Jonash in his right arm and Jaina in his left. A small whimper escaped Jaina's lips and Han lowered his head to coo into the girl's ear. Even the kids seemed to know their mother was missing.

I guess this is how she felt when I left... Han muttered silently to himself as he stepped further into the room. As his eyes continued to search the room, Han noticed that everything was neatly put away and in order. She didn't leave in any kind of hurry. At least that was reassuring.

But what bothered him the most was her lack of leaving a note or a message of her whereabouts. Did she even know he was in prison? As if to answer his own silent question, Jonash began to whimper alongside his sister.

"Don't you start," Han groaned as he shifted his weight and began to bounce both twins in his arms. This brought on a round of screams which accompanied the tears now streaming down their faces.

"Why always me," he grumbled as he stopped the movement and hurried toward the door. "Well, I ain't gonna put up with you two screaming your heads off all night. How 'bout we go find out what happened to your mother?"

In unison, their screams peaked as Han rolled his eyes and moved out into the corridor. Maybe by the time they reached the command center, their cries would cease. Han could only hope.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

The screams of both infants echoed down the corridor as Han continued his trek toward the command center. Eventhough it was very early in the morning and hardly anyone was about, Han feared the continuous racket coming from the twins would bring the whole base down on him.

"Shhh," he hissed for what seemed like the 100th time since leaving the apartment. If something didn't give, he was going to lose his temper very soon.

A metallic clanging began to bounce off the corridor walls in unison with the twins. It was barely audiable above the screeching, but Han could recognize that horrid sound anywhere. He knew instantly that now he was going to lose his temper.

"Captain Solo!" the prissy droid's voice called down after him. Han did not stop to look back at the golden protocol droid. He'd rather get into a wrestling match with a rancor than put up with Threepio. "Sir! Welcome back! I did not see you come in!"

Obviously he didn't take the hint. Picking up the pace, Han figured he might as well say something just to make him satisfied. "Not now, goldenrod," he grumled. "I'm kinda busy if ya haven't noticed."

The golden droid stood still for an instant before marching down the hallway after him. "Oh, of course, sir!" he called with his arms flailing about in the typical Threepio fashion. "Perhaps I could be of some assistance. Aside from studying various forms of communications, I am also quite capable of assisting in nursing and other varying forms of child care. If you could---"

"NO!" Han roared at the top of his lungs to be heard over the still crying infants. Between Threepio and the kids, he didn't really care at this point if he woke up the entire base. "I have everything under control. Why don't you go practice those....'nursing' skills back at the apartment. I'm sure that new nanny droid would love what you have to offer."

Threepio stopped walking and stood dumbfounded for a moment. "But sir, droids are not capable of giving birth like most organic species, much less appreciate--"

"Go, Threepio," Han ordered as he slipped around the corner at the end of the corridor and approached the door leading to the command center. As he keyed the pad that operated the door he thought he could still hear Threepio rambling on to himself about odd human behavior and how droids are under-appreciated around the Alliance. Han could only smirk.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Living Quarters, Room 22
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: