Rebel Base - Dune Sea
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Dune Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Rebel Base - Dune Sea

((OOC: just to let you guys know, this is a joint post and it's a long, yet entertaining one, just to let you know))

NOTE: This is a repost from the "Home One" thread. I moved it here to better fit the situation.

She saw it coming and corkscrewed, it narrowly missing the thruster and grazing the ship.

"A tad too close," she said to herself as the ship was barely hit.

Solo waited in eager anticipation for the shot to strike home but was disappointed to see the pilot had managed to evade it for the most part. He cursed under his breath and continued the pursuit.

She brought the ship in close to the surface and started to fly low and as fast as the piece of junk slug could go, smirking. Smirking as she never had such a challenge before.

Han brought the Falcon in to match the other ship's manuever. "Not bad, he's better than I thought," he thought to himself as he began to line up another shot. "Too bad it all has to end here..." He squeezed the trigger as more lances of red energy shot out toward the other.

"Crap," she swore as her engines were hit, however she was able to land the ship without scratching the paint even more and she put on her black tinted sunglasses and her jacket (olive colored) and her hat that had a special brim to keep sunlight out of her eyes and she already wore her fingerless gloves and walked out and leant against her ship.

Han let out a whoop as his shot finally made contact. The small craft shuddered slightly but didn't lose control and hit the surface as he anticipated. Instead he watched as the small craft managed to set down rather safely. His joy quickly faded and another string of Corellian curses escaped his lips as he set his own freighter down near to the other ship. Pulling his blaster from its holster, he ran down the ramp and approached the ship.

She crossed her arms, her blaster nustled on its holster on the belt that was colored slightly darker than her pants, which were the same color as her hat and she wore a black shirt underneath her jacket and she watched the pilot who approached her and she raised her eyebrows at him, the scabbard that held her vibroblade gleaming in the sunlight as the rest of her rested in the shadows that her ship provided for her.

He slowed his pace as he finally was able to get a good look at his opponent. A girl...all this time he was being outsmarted by a girl. He scowled at her as he approached and kept his blaster leveled at her chest. "Not bad, if I must say so myself..." His eyes drifted over her form and caught a glimpse of her blaster and vibroblade.

"I'm so glad you approve," she replied sarcastically, always looking at him through her sunglasses, radiating calm.

Han smirked slightly to conceal his anger and took another step closer. "Nice...too bad you made a big mistake by running, " he said with a mocking smile. "After all, you still lost."

"I lost cause that hyperdrive decided to die on me," she stated, "and to let you know, you can interrogate me all you wish, but you won't get nothing from me. Because I know nothing." She looked at him coolly and moved her arms to get a more comfortable position.

"I don't wanna hear excuses. You still entered the system, refused to answer our call then ran," he explained, dismissing her claims. "That doesn't sound like you know nothing to me."

"The Empire managed to score one on the Comm system. Like I could respond. You attacked me and I defended myself. I entered the system because it was the furthest I can push that piece of junk to so I could escape from those idiots. I only did what I did because I have nothing to lose." she said, sounding bored, "if we're just gonna talk, I might as well sit down," she said, slowly sitting down, not making any sudden moves.

Han clenched his jaw, obviously becoming annoyed by her actions. "The Empire, huh? So, you did have contact with them. Looks like they're not the only ones that'll be giving you trouble." He stepped forward, gesturing with his blaster. "How 'bout you get up and cooperate and just maybe I'll be leniant about your punishment."

"The only connection is that they're all idiots. But it looks like I don't have much of a choice as I'm not the one who's waving the gun around," she said, as annoyingly as ever, standing up, slowly, and as equally slowly, brushing the sand away.

"So, what next? Torture? Pain and torment? If that's the case, just shoot me where I stand."

She looked at him through the sunglasses, crossing her arms and looking at him in the most sarcastic and cynical way possible.

A smile managed to creep over his face at her statements. "As much as I would like to torture you and see you in pain, that's not the way we work. Don't worry, though...you're not getting let totally off the hook."

"Depending on what you're offering, I might come willingly," she said cautiously, "and depending whether or not you're with the stupid, idiotic group of dumb idiots called the Empire. If you work for them, I might as well kill myself," she said, taking out her vibroblade slowly, the blade resting several centimeters from her own neck.

He studied her closely as the blade was brought up close to her throat. Not that he really cared if she did in fact kill herself, it was the fact that she could turn it around on him that bothered him. "No, I thought the uniform might've given that away. I'm not with the Imps, so you can put that vibroblade away."

She quickly shealthed the vibroblade.

"I've never seen your kind of uniforms before and the Empire are known to be quite the tricksters. For all I know, you could be lying."

"You're right, I could be lying," he said simply. "However, there's a difference between us and the Imps. For one, the Imps would have have sent a blaster bolt through your chest by now."

"They wouldn't. I'm related to one of them and I also knew that my contact was on or near this planet. If I tell you, will you let me talk to them?"

She was getting desperate and she did need to see her contact.

He narrowed his eyes slightly. "Tell me what? You know, you're not making your side of the story very good if you're telling me you're in contact with the Empire."

"I'm in contact with my elder brother who is more or less a spy. How about this, if I can have my contact talk to you and tell you for certain I'm not in league with the Empire, will you trust me?"

He thought about this for a moment, not sure if this whole thing was a trap or not. Although, he did have the upper hand as the one holding the blaster. "No tricks. You hear me?"

"Good. Then we see on the same page. I need to talk with Princess Organa, if she's not too busy."

She seemed bored and growing impatient as she calmly eyed the blaster.

"Just tell her that Tara wants to talk to her and see how she'd react."

Han's eyes widened slightly at the mention of his wife's name. She seemed to keep more secrets from him, but in a way, that's why he loved her. He did note, however that she used "Organa" instead of "Solo." He was tempted to correct her, but thought better of it. He slowly took out the comlink from his pocket. His doubts surrounding her were slowly beginning to fade.

She started to twiddle her fingers as she heard the idiot (her impression of him) make a phone call as a voice, which she recognised as the Princess' voice.

"Yes?" Leia's voice was heard.

He kept his gaze fixed on the young woman as Leia's voice filtred over the comlink. "Hey, sweetheart...I got a question for you. You know anyone by the name of Tara?"

"I happen to. She's got a meeting with me in a few more weeks yet." Leia stated.

"Oh, for crying out loud, just hand me the darn thing," Tara stated, trying to reach the comlink in a way that it was obviously obvious that she was only reaching for the comlink.

"Yea, well...I just had a lit--" He was cut off by her arm coming across his face, reaching for the comlink. "Hey! Watch it! You're my prisoner yet, remember?"

Leia laughed through the comlink.

"That sounds like her," Leia stated, hearing, "For crying out loud, this is going nowhere fast."

Tara managed to grab the comlink.

"Ya see, Princess, that I had defended myself because I didn't have a working comm system and I only acted in self defense. This idiot right here didn't believe me until I asked for a freaking call to you"

"I hate to break it to you, Tara, but that 'idiot' is my husband."

"Err...sorry, your highness, I didn't know. I didn't mean to call him that...ok, bad lie there, I did mean that, but I'd have kept that to myself if I had known..." she trailed off, talking faster than C3PO could ever manage, stumbling over ever word.

"Calm down, I know that you're always the last to know, but you have to handle his temprament knowing that you just insulted him."

He was just simply glaring at her. He glanced down at the blaster and turned it around in his hand for a moment. "Idiot, huh?"

"Uh oh," she stated.

"Han, she's who she claims she is. I need to see her in my office as soon as possible. And hon, please make sure she's alive."

The signal was gone.

"So, gonna put that thing away or just gonna wave it around like a dumb fool?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

He stepped closer to her so that he was nearly in her face. "Fool?!" he nearly stammered over the word then took a steadying breath to calm down. "If Leia didn't have to see you, you wouldn't be walking away from here intact. You'd have a nice smoking hole in your chest." He shoved the blaster back into its holster and turned on his heel.

She followed him.

"Just to let you know the Princess and I go fairly far back and I don't think she'd appreciate you killing one of her good childhood friends. In fact, I thought that I had died when I heard her say you two were married. Given if I was there when you two were just dating, I'd have told you that if you ever hurt her, I'll kill you, so I'll say it a bit late. If you hurt her, I'll kill you."

Her eyes were glaring at him through her sunglasses as she followed him.

He ground his teeth together as he felt his face beginning to flush. "No, don't worry...I won't be killing you. Hurting you is a completely different story. So, if you don't shut your damn mouth right now, you'll have no reason to even talk to Leia." He kept his eyes fixed on his ship ahead, hoping for the life of him that she would somehow just disappear.

Silence seemed to drag on and she knew she was being a pain in his ass, but she didn't care as she started to whistle a song and purposely got a few notes off key. She loved the ability to annoy one of her best friends' husband and him powerless to kill her and she knew self defense, so it won't be her who'd be hurting and she'd only inflict minor pain.

He was about to open his mouth to threaten her more regarding her singing, but thought better of it. If he continued to throw out threats to the girl, he knew it would eventually get back to Leia. Then again, she was asking for trouble. He contemplated the possibilities as he strode of the landing ramp and into the ship.

"I think I'd rather be shot. Looks like the piece of scrap's falling apart. I may be crazy sometimes, but not suicidal," she remarked as she pulled off her sunglasses as she entered the ship, exposing blue eyes and she let her sungasses drop as it had been tied in a way that the two ends were connected but had enough slack that it wouldn't bother the one who was wearing them.

He mumbled something about her under his breath and began to power up the ship. "Not the first time I heard such kind words. And if you consider my ship 'suicidal', you're more than welcome to march right back down that ramp and scorch in the desert. Doesn't matter to me." He shifted his eyes upward to look at her. "I would personally love to see that."

"I bet," she stated, entering the ship, "let's just hope this scrap heap and get out of this planet's atmosphere as easily as it did getting in."

She smirked, stuffing her hands into her pockets and walking out of his way. So she could follow him into the cockpit.

He smiled slightly and entered the cockpit. "You're gonna be disappointed then. We won't be leaving the planet." He looked back at her with a self-assured expression. "Too bad, huh?"

"Too bad for you then," she stated, sitting down on the furthest chair from the controls, crossing her arms.

He felt like punching her just the way she was talking and carrying herself around. In a matter of a few minutes, she had managed to wear down any patience he had when he set out after her. He would need to talk to Leia about her once they arrived back at the base. He sat down in the pilot's chair and began to move his hands over the controls.

She started to whistle loudly, making sure most of the notes of the song was purposely off key, just belting out each off key note. She smirked as she whistled.

He growled audiably so she could hear him and gripped the control yoke, easing the freighter off the desert floor

She stopped and smirked as she crossed her arms and decided that she might as well keep her peace.

"Finally" was the first thought that came to his mind as he turned the ship northwest and guided the ship toward the Rebel base, which was hidden within the mountains of the Dune Sea

"Cool," she stated as she saw the hidden base.

He glanced back at her strangely at her expression then started to ease the ship in toward the hangar bay, which was etched into the side of the mountain

"So, where's the Princess?" She asked, looking at him as she put her sunglasses back on.

"Are those things really necessary in here?" he asked as he set the freighter down on the hangar floor.

"I like 'em," she replied as she stood up.

He shook his head and stood up as well. "Right..." was all he could say at that comment.

"Whatever," she said.

He pushed past her and out of the cockpit. After glancing back once to make sure she was following and not tinkering with anything onboard, he exited the ship and went out into the hangar bay.

She followed him, not really looking around much.

"I'd thought you'd be asking me a million questions about my link to your wife," she stated.

"Who says I wasn't going to? But now that you brought the subject up, you might as well explain now..."

"Let's just say that my father worked for her father," she stated quickly.

He seemed a bit disappointed. "That's it? I was expecting something more elaborate."

"Like what? It's the truth. It's just that I don't talk about my dad much since he died over ten years ago, but I'd rather not talk about it."

He could relate to her at that statement. He didn't like to talk about his own past. "Sorry about that. Then I won't ask."

"Good." she said, almost lifelessly, "I know that she won't like the news I'm about to give her. She knows when I'm early, it's bad news, when I'm on time, usually bad news and when I'm late, it's bad news. And we just lost a very good spy on our hands. I left because the spy, my elder brother, had to be the hero and sacrificed himself for me," she stated, "so that means, no more information smuggling for me anymore."

She let out a defeated sigh as she buried her hands in her pockets.

Eventhough she was rather annoying at first, she just hit something inside of him that made him feel guilty. "I'm sorry..." was all he could think of saying. He continued in silence as they made their way down the long corridors of the base.

"Don't worry. I can be annoying and you caught me in a stressed out moods and I really needed to tell the Princess this. There's nothing to be sorry about. Both of us were doing our duty."

"Well, at least you seem to be changing your tune. If you keep this up, I'll have to admit that you're not all that bad." He glanced back slightly with a lopsided grin and approached a conference room.

She lifted both of her eyebrows.

"I just know you're in charge and my life's in your hands. Not much in your hands, but still, you have some control over my next assignment."

"Yea, that's right so you better stay on my good side." He stopped at the conference room and opened the door.

"Ya think?" she asked in a very sarcastic tone. she was back to being the pain in the ass.

He just shook his head and gestured to the door. "Just get in there will ya?"

She nodded and walked in and saw the Princess.

She gave a bow and stood up.

"Princess, it's been a while," she stated.

"Tara, I keep telling you, you can call me Leia."

"Yeah, right. sorry, it's just that--"

"You don't need to explain that to me. Why are you early?"

"The Imps found out that my elder brother was a spy and he laid down his life to make sure I give you all the information that he gave me. It seems that they might be making a third Death Star. Seeing as they keep getting stronger and stronger, this might not be that great."

Leia looked a bit shocked.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Leia stated.

"Don't be. Both of us knew the dangers and we agreed. We did what we were sent to do. Our orders have been completed."

Leia nodded.

"This news about a third Death Star...it's awful to say the least."

"I managed to get this from my brother before he was killed," Tara said, handing Leia what looked to be a disc.

"It's just a handful of things the Imps are planning for us."

Leia nodded.

"I will remember the cost in lives to get this here."

"And one of those lives nearly was my own," Tara stated.

"I wouldn't blame him too much. Your tactics sometimes seems more like attacking than defending."

"Well, what do you expect?" Tara asked.

"True."

Han finally found the need to speak up. "Hey, it wasn't my fault, she came into the system in an unidentified ship and didn't respond to our calls. What did you expect me to do?"

"We weren't blaming you," both of them said at the same time.

"Like I said, we were doing our duty," Tara stated.

"And I said that sometimes her tactics goes beyond self defense, just like a certain pilot I know of, but I won't need to say any names."

"Ok, not to change the subject, but what am I gonna do? They know my face even better this time, so I won't be able to show up near my family, even if I wanted to, but that's a different story. I'm just wanting you to know what my next assignment will be."

Leia turned to Han.

"Well, Han, any ideas?"

He glanced between Leia and Tara then opened his mouth. "Well, she's a fair pilot, I'll have to admit that. I'd hate to see that go to shame. How 'bout putting her up in one of the squadrons?"

"Like which one?" Leia asked, "Rogue squadron?"

"Sounds like a really bad tasting drink," Tara stated.

"Actually, with that attitude, I think Rogue Squadron will do nicely."

"Huh?" Tara asked.

"She's brighter as a pilot than anything else," Leia stated.

"Huh--wa-what?" she asked, her brows furrowing in an expression of utter confusion.

"Yea, I know," he said flatly. "But what I'm getting at is that she'll fit right in with them."

"I know she will," Leia stated as Tara looked around with the most confused expression on her face.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject:

NOTE: This is Tara's response from the other thread. It was moved here to better ft the situation.

Tara looked to the Princess.

Tara: I think they might have followed me. I was unsure if I could pull off two jumps, so I had to do a clear shot. It's possible that the Inps put some sort of homing beacon on my ship or they're following my trail or something. I'm just saying that they could be here at any time or they're trying to get us to get complacent and then strike.

Leia nodded.

Leia: That's always a possibility, but you did what you can to give me this information.

Tara: So what rank will I have? Just don't give me a desk job.

Leia: What do you think, Han?

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:

NOTE: This is also a repost from the other thread.

Solo was lost in thought, rubbing his chin as the young woman mentioned the possibility of the Empire tracking them here. "Of all the stupid--"

He was cut off as Leia inquired his opinion regarding Tara's rank. To be honest, that was the least of his worries right now. Couldn't this wait?

"Huh?" he mumbled stupidly to get his thoughts together. "Rank?" He lowered his hand from his face and studied the young woman. He could have punched her just the way she was standing there in that self-assured way. An yet, it was so much like himself. In a way, it scared him.

"Well...", he started, crossing his arms over his chest. "Let me tell you what; we'll start you out low....I don't want any of the other guys getting the wrong idea if I bump you up to Captain right away."

His eyes flicked to Leia for an instant to search for her approval then settled back on the young pilot. "How does lieutenant sound to you, kid?"

Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Tara looked at him.

"Sounds all right for now," she said smirking, "but I think we should have some sort of plan in case the Imps decide to track me down.

Leia nodded. "I have to agree. I think we should have the fleet in this area to be prepared in case our sensors picks up some Imperial activity.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

VA Hunt

The shuttle which i had took from the Home One glided in to the docking bay of the base, the door closing shut behind it to conceal the hangar entrance. The shuttle came to a halt and touched down on the landing pad, the ramp opened and i walked down it into the hangar bay which also currently contained a squadron of A-Wings, along with a dozen techs all working on one thing or another. I headed out of the large room and towards Princess Leia's office. When i arrived, i stopped outside and knocked on the door.

Last edited by on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject:

VA Hunt-

David re-emerged from inside the office, and shut the door behind hin - his plan having been approved by Gen. Solo. He returned to the shuttle bay just as the taskforce of 7 ships he had requested appeared in orbit., followed by the MC80 Freedom.
Hunt went back to the hangar bay, and boarded the shuttle he had taken to the base. He travelled back into orbit and boarded the Home One.

Last edited by on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Maj. Kelly-

All was quiet to the North of the Base, which had been confirmed by myself and the rest of the patrol doing a sweep. We continued walking on our patrol route, the sun blazing down on us. Fortunately we had chose to abandon our jackets and had left them in the barracks, in favour of waring just our cream T-shirts and equipment vests, along with our cream trousers which were still considerably comfortable in the intense heat.
"North perimeter clear. All units check in," i said, after raising my comlink to my mouth. I awaited reports from the my Company Commanders. I was in command of an entire battalion stationed at the Rebel base on Tatooine, it consisted of 6 companies all with 90 or so men in them.
"Bravo's clear," came the voice of the Bravo company commander.
"Charlie company, no contact."
"Delta company clear."
"Echo company here, base perimeter is clear."
"Foxtrot company, base interior clear."
I myself commanded Alpha Company, which was who i was with at the moment securing the area to the North of the base. "Okay, everyone back to base. Check for enemy activity on your way back."
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Hangar Bays:

Salla was exhausted after spending a tiring day out in the scorching Tatooine heat running drills. With each passing day, her instructor, Captain Kas Zeelin, pressed each of the cadets in her group harder and harder. Some days, it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say that he was in fact a slave driver. Then again, she also understood that this type of behaviour was necessary to prepare them for what they'll face against the Empire.

She walked slowly across the steamy hangar bay, sweat beading up on her forehead and beginning to run down into her eyes, stinging them slightly. Eventhough it was still unbearably hot within the base, technicians and pilots continued to labor about the fighters and transports - tweaking them to their finest.

With a grunt at the bustling activity, she ran a hand through her gritty hair and continued across the stone floor. But she didn't get too far before something caught her eye.

Sitting off in one corner of the hangar, a battered freighter, looking like it has seen the best of its days, fascinated her for some reason. It stood out among the other sleek fighters and had a more personal feel to it than the others.

Her mind began to wonder - Where did it come from? Who does it belong to? How fast is it and why does the Alliance have a need for something this old?

Unaware of her actions, Salla began to take small steps toward the freighter. She dropped the duffel she was carrying over her shoulder to the floor and glanced around the hangar cautiously before stopping underneath the ship's hull.

Under closer inspection, the hull wasn't in as bad a shape as it appeared from far away. In fact, it looked like a great deal of care went into the maintenance of the ship. This puzzled her even further and extended her arm upward to run her hand over the plating. Yes, it seems like it would definitely hold up in a fight.

Finally satisfied, Salla turned to head back to her barracks before she was reported - but stopped. The landing ramp was standing open. Her eyebrows beetled and she took a step even closer to the ship. Odd. she thought.

She leaned in toward the ramp ever so slightly as to just peek into the interior of the ship. The main corridor lights were still illumintaed, but other than that, it appeared quiet. Hesitating slightly, Salla placed one foot onto the ramp. She half expected alarms to start sounding at her touch, but to her surprise, nothing happened.

Smiling to herself, she took one final glance around the hangar before quickly making her way up the rest of the ramp. She hoped that whoever owned this ship did not come back for a long time for she wanted to explore and learn more about it. With this final thought, she made her way toward the main hold.
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I entered the base through the secret entrance on the North perimeter, the last man to arrive back. The rest of the company stopped in the corridors around the entrance, collapsing to the floor after the long trek through the scorching weather. Almost everyone was drowning themselves with the water in their canteens, myself included.
Eventually, after several minutes rest, i ordered everyone to move out back to the dormitories. After mostly everyone was clear, i looked down the corridor, and felt a rather disturbing quiet. Suddenly i was thrown from my feet and down the corridor, as the door behind me incinerated in a ball of flames. I lay on the ground, face down, as a heavy figure making very hard fottfalls on the gorund walked by. I got up and caught a glimpse of him just as he went round the corner and proceeded into the base. It was most likely that he was a bounty hunter.
I got up, as two troopers entered the corridor and came to see if i was alright. "Go, search the area for an intruder," i shouted as i hit the intercom panel next to me. "Initiate base lockdown, all non military personnel are confined to quarters or the command centre. All Army personnel commence emergency sweep of the base!" my voice sounded throughout the base.

Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I turned to Han.

"That doesn't sound good," I stated, so where exactly do I go? I haven't been assigned quarters or anything."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

I walked down the corridor followed by two men and walked into Princess Leia's office, with alarms and klaxons ringing everywhere. Several men rushed by the door carrying rifles as i stopped and spoke. "We have an intruder on the base, i think it's a bounty hunter. He blasted his way in the secret entrance on the North side of the base."

Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Tara raised her hands.

"It wasn't me!" Shocked
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject:

Luke walked into his sisters office, very calmly even with all the alarms sounding.
"We have an intruder on the base, I think it's a bounty hunter. He blasted his way in the secret entrance on the North side of the base." Major Kelly reported.
Another person in the room, Tara Stevens replied, “It wasn’t me!” She raised her arms in surrender.
Leia noticed her brothers presence in the room, “About time you got here.” She said.
Luke smiled and passed her his transfer orders, from General Solo himself.
“Chief of Intelligence?” Leia read, “Captain Skywalker, I like the sound of that.”
Luke shook his head, “The rank is a Chain of Command thing, I have no intention of using it.” He smiled, “Unless I need it.”
“The last Intelligence Chief…” Kelly began.
“Was on the Justice,” Luke finished, “yes, Commodore Mark Jensen, I read his file.”
“Well your office is just down the hall from here.” Kelly said.
“I’m going to help find this “bounty hunter”.” Luke said as he swept out of the office, blue cloak swishing behind him.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?

Last edited by on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject:

Umm, sorry to nag but actually it's my Army character Major Kelly that's here, not Hunt.

"Uh okay," i said as Cpt. Skywalker vacated the room. "Well we'll continue searching anyways..." i said, not that i didn't believe Luke could find him, but only having one man out looking seemed pointless.
I held the commlink up to my mouth,"Alpha company cover all the exits. Everyone else keep searching. And keep your safeties on, i dont want anyone getting jittery and shooting friendlies."
I stood looking through the door. An explosion suddenly went off near the doorway and i fell to the floor, momentarily dazed. I looked up at the Bounty Hunter who had just entered the room.

Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I said that luke would help look, not look by himself.
Luke strode down the corridor to his office, which doubled as his quarters. His luggage had been delivered already. Luke sat down and concentrated, trying to find the bounty hunter, trying to find one person out of hundreds.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject:

"So where exactly do I go? I haven't been assigned quarters or anything."

Han groaned slightly. Talking to this girl was like trying to hold a conversation with a drunk Hutt - you couldn't get through to her. No matter how many times he repeated himself, she still asked the same questions over and over. Leia, who was sitting behind her desk had an amused expression on her face at the whole thing.

With his hands looped around both sides of his gunbelt, he took a step closer to Tara, trying once more to make his words clear. "I told you how many times already. I'm gettin' sick of repeating myself, so this will be the last. You've been assigned to Rogue Squadron...you're to--"

A long string of Corellian curses was the first thing that entered Han's mind when the klaxons started blaring, cutting him off yet again. He glared at the young girl and shoved his index finger into her face. "I'll finish with you later..."

He turned away from her too quickly to catch her reaction and found himself looking at the disheavled figure of Major Rosco Kelly, who was just stumbling into the office. Leia rose slightly from her chair as Kelly regarded them all with a quick nod. "We have an intruder on the base, i think it's a bounty hunter. He blasted his way in the secret entrance on the North side of the base."

Han's expression dropped. "That's just great. And just where were your men while--" Han felt a comforting hand being placed on his shoulder and glanced backward to find that Leia had managed to sneak up behind him, urging him to stop with her slight touch.

With his jaw clenched and lips compressed into a fine line, he turned away from the Major and let Leia take over. As he did so, he didn't notice that another figure had entered the office. All he heard was his wife's voice - and it wasn't directed at Kelly as far as he was concerned. “About time you got here.”

A pause. At least, he thought it was a pause. It was hard to tell with the sound of those kriffin' klaxons!

“Captain Skywalker, I like the sound of that.” Leia managed to say over the racket.

Han turned around partially to see that Luke was indeed now standing within the room. One corner of his mouth turned up slightly. "Nothin' like a breech to bring us back together, eh?"

Han caught Luke's genuine smile of relief at seeing his old friend. The farmboy turned Jedi opened his mouth to say something but was immediately caught up within a conversation with Major Kelly. Han sighed slightly and turned around completely to stand beside the others.

During the conversation, Han's mind began to wander about who this bounty hunter was and what he wanted. I did pay off all my old debts, didn't I? He couldn't help but have the thought come to his consciousness. A part of him still worried about the past and that one day something he missed would come back to haunt him. Was this it?

“I’m going to help find this “bounty hunter” the younger man's voice brought Han out of his thoughts. He snapped his head toward the door, but it was too late. Luke was already out of the room.

"Luke can't do this on his own," he quickly informed the others. "I'm goin' with him." Without another word, he unholstered his blaster and disabbled the safety.

Leia placed her hands on her hips, not at all thrilled with Han's sudden act of heroics. "Han..."

"You trust him alone? Look what happened when we let the kid run out by himself before. Nothin' but trouble..." He stopped short of the door upon looking at the face of Kelly. His eyes were somewhat wide and he was staring at the door. Han quickly turned his head to follow his gaze and froze as well.

The bounty hunter was standing before them, blaster rifles cocked in their direction. Han didn't recognize the armor or faceplate the man wore, but he did know he meant business. He raised his blaster, took aim and fired.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Luke raised his head very quickly and shot out of his office at great speed. He reached Leia’s office just in time to see Han fire at the bounty hunter. Luke deflected the blaster bolt using the force and removed the bounty hunters weapon from his hand.
“Han,” Luke said, “can’t I leave you five minutes before you start killing people or blowing things up?”
Han looked at Luke, “Well what’s your plan then?” he asked.
“Before I start the interrogation lets make some introductions shall we?” Luke paused for a moment, “Han Solo, Desala Fett. Desala Fett, Han Solo.”
Han took a moment to ingest this latest information. “As in son of Boba?”
Luke nodded, “Yes.”
The Mandalorian turned around to face the Jedi, “How do you know my name?”
“I know many things about you,” Luke said, he smiled, “I also know that you are on the run from the Desilac authorities.”
“How…?” Desala wondered.
“I am Jedi Master Luke Skywalker,” Luke could sense the fear welling up inside Desala, “Your thoughts and feelings betray you, you need not fear me I will not harm you. However if you do not comply with our… requests we will contact the Desilac.”
“Oooh,” Desala, “is that supposed to scare me?”
“C3PO, tell this gentlemen what you have researched on Desilac prisons.” Luke said sadly.
“Er… Master Luke? What re…” Luke cuts him off.
“The research ’3PO” Luke said
“Oh er… yes the ah… research, well um, torture is commonplace, as is disease including several incurable forms of psoriasis.” C3PO rattled off over the comm. Link. Desala cocked his head. “Ok, 3PO, contact the Desilac.” Luke walked out of the room.
“Do you actually want me to contact the Desilac? Or was that too part of the ruse?” C3PO asked.
Luke smiled, “No, not yet. You did very well 3PO.”
“Well Master Luke,” 3PO explained, “I’m not programmed to ‘make things up’ as I go along. Do you have a plan concerning this Bounty Hunter?”
“Nope,” Luke smiled again, “I’m like you 3PO, making it up as I go along.”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Han watched in stunned silence as the blaster bolt was deflected away from its intended target and ricocheted harmlessly into the wall. He spun around quickly to see Luke standing behind the bounty hunter, lightsaber ablaze.

“Han,” Luke said, “can’t I leave you five minutes before you start killing people or blowing things up?”

A smirk crept over his face, although he was anything but amused. "You know what I always say, 'shoot first, ask questions later.'" He regarded Luke carefully. "Why'd you do that?" he drawled, raising the barrel of the blaster. "I had him right where I wanted him."

Luke shot him a dubious look before turning back to the now unarmed bounty hunter. “Before I start the interrogation lets make some introductions shall we?” Luke paused for a moment, “Han Solo, Desala Fett. Desala Fett, Han Solo.”

Han rolled his eyes at the way the younger man was conducting his 'interrogations.' He sure didn't waste any time getting to the bottom of things. "Are introductions really necessary?" He began to cross the small distance that seperated himself from the intruder. "Not like he--Fett?"

Luke nodded, “Yes.”

Han's mind began to race at the name 'Fett.' He had too many close calls with a bounty hunter by that name in the past, but he thought he killed him. Could it be possible that he survived right under Han's own nose and found his way back here to finish what he began?

When Han brought his mind back to the current situation, Luke was busy arguing with Threepio. That's nothing new. He could care less about them - his main focus was on the bounty hunter.

With a final step toward him, Han thrust his blaster forward into the hunter's faceplate with his finger hovering over the trigger. "Fett, huh?" he snarled into the hunter's face. "Ain't that somethin'...too bad I'm not under the same terms as Luke here. I, for one, would love to see your ass handed over to the Desilac authorities. It would be a nice, long painful death - something you deserve."

He slammed the blaster's barrel into the faceplate's visor to make sure his point was well seen and stepped back. He nodded slightly toward Luke and turned back into the office where Leia was watching the whole scene unfold in silence.

Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject:

The intercomm beeped and i went over to answer, as everyone else was currrently occupied. It was the control room. I listened to what they had to say, then turned around to address everyone. "We have two incoming ships(Mihara and Kol if you could move to this topic now please), both have occupants claiming to be interested in joining the Rebellion. One is reporting that there are 4 TIE Interceptor squadrons on their tail!!!" i said quickly. "We have to deploy our fighters, and the falcon if possible."

Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject:

"And that includes me, right?" Tara asked confusedly.

Her brows were creased in confusion as she looked at her superior officer and the hunter glared at her.

"The target I was sent to seek," the hunter said.

"They sent you, didn't they?"

"The old woman wanted me to tell you if all else fails that she's going to find you and when she does that you better learn to obey her."

"There's no way I could ever listen to that old hag. She's done too much now to get any sympathy from me."

"They wanted me to take you alive."

"Only to be a repeat of last time. No way would I return to that way of life. I'd rather be dead. Say any more and I'll slit your throat, is that clear?"

Tara took out her vibroblade and pointed it at the hunter's throat.

"Agreed."

She sheathed the blade and headed to the doorway.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject:

"This is Kol Vance, freighter Homestar Runner. Requesting permission to dock, no access codes. I'm hoping to join the Rebel army, please respond, over."

I wasn't quite sure if the jargon I used was really worth the humiliation to suffer later if they didn't use it, but I'd go ahead and use it incase they did, too.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject:

As Han stepped back within Leia's small office, he caught a distant expression in her brown eyes - an expression that Han rarely witnessed and that Leia herself, rarely expressed.

He also took note that her right hand was placed firmly on her bulging stomach. Han had to keep reminding himself that Leia was pregnant and had been for close to 8 months. He still couldn't get past the block in his mind that he was going to be a father - in less than 2 months. He stood rigid in place for a moment as the thought crossed his mind.

Leia looked up briefly that distant expression still present on her face. "Han, we need to talk - alone."

Han tried to swallow the lump that was starting to form in his throat. "This isn't exactly the time to hold a private conversation..." he looked over his shoulder and eyed Tara and the bounty hunter conversing with each other. He narrowed his eyes slightly. Something wasn't right.

"Han..."

He snapped back quickly to look at his wife. "Hmm?"

She drew a deep breath and sat down behind the desk. "Work can wait for right now. Please, we need to talk."

"Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say that." Han managed to smile but quickly surpresed it at the stern gaze Leia directed at him. "Alright, fine. I'll just...get the door." He quickly turned and crossed the distance to the door.

Pounding footsteps could be heard coming down the corridor in his direction. He was going to act like he hadn't heard the person approaching and close the door anyway, but they were already in visual range. Major Kelly approached him at a steady pace.

"We have two incoming ships, both have occupants claiming to be interested in joining the Rebellion. One is reporting that there are 4 TIE Interceptor squadrons on their tail!!!" . "We have to deploy our fighters, and the falcon if possible."

Han looked the other man in the eye and groaned inwardly. "You know the procedure. Launch an escort and make sure they don't make any sudden moves." He paused for a moment the continued on. "And I don't think my assistance is really necessary." His gaze drifted back toward Leia for a moment. "As you can see, I'm busy."

He flashed his trademark smile at the man before moving his palm up to the pad to shut the door. He stopped short - overhearing yet another conversation. This time it was coming from Tara and the bounty hunter.

"...only to be a repeat of last time. No way would I return to that way of life. I'd rather be dead. Say any more and I'll slit your throat, is that clear?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Han side-stepped over so that he was in clear range of both Tara and the hunter. He eyed both carefully. "What's going on here? I thought it was my job to threaten this scum."

When neither spoke, he turned to face Tara completely and sighed heavily. "Look, I'm needed elsewhere and don't have time to play games. Now, let's make this quick and easy. What's going on?"

Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject:

Major Kelly walked into the base command centre, and looked on the overhead scanner readout which showed the TIE interceptors approaching the planet. "Deploy all available fighters, order them to use whatever means to destroy those fighters. And get the new MC80 we have in orbit firing please."
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:

"Nothing that's your business," Tara said, her voice hinting a burning anger as she walked out, heading to her quarters to calm herself down.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I landed opened the hatch and walked out. I looked at the spots where I'd taken hits, put my hands on my hips, and sighed. Nothing like some fresh battle scars to give that freighter a whole new look.

Soon after, some Rebels came and told me I had a meeting set up with some person, I didn't quite catch the name. I followed them and decided to let them fix my ship.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Jacob was in his office waiting for the Kol Vance to come.When the door finnaly opened up with Kol Vance standing there Jacob got up shook his hand and offered him a seat.
"Hello, my name is Jacob Curtis Head of Air Control for the Tatooine Rebel Base.I brought you here to tell you I'm amazed at your flying and I would love to have you in our trainee progam for training special ops rebel pilots its a-" Jacob was saying but was cut off when his comm rang.
A voice came over the comm its was private Chang's "Sir, the shuttle has just crash landed some 50miles away from the base."
"I would like to be apart of the recovery team I've been meaning to talk to the defect.Send a transmission to command saying I'll be jumping along on the recovery."replied Jacob
"Yes,sir."said Chang
"I'm sorry, but I need to go.You can look around the base a little while I'm gone.We'll continue this meeting when I get back."Jacob said to Kol Vance while rushing out the door to the recovery team.

Last edited by on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject:

Major Kelly-

"Lock and load!" i shouted to the men of Alpha company as we awaited the Colonel so we could head out to find the crashed shuttle. The Col. rounded the corner and we all came to attention. "Sir, we're ready to move out," i said.
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject:

Major Kelly-

"Lock and load!" i shouted to the men of Alpha company as we awaited the Colonel so we could head out to find the crashed shuttle. The Col. rounded the corner and we all came to attention. "Sir, we're ready to move out," i said.

OOC: I hope you dont mind me tagging along.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I nodded as Jacob left and...then I wasn't quite sure what to do. I hadn't been told where to go, who to talk to, or anything. So, I was allowed to roam free for a while, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

I walked around, taking stock of what I saw there and made my way to the mess hall to get something to eat, I was hungry.

I got some sort of military rations trying to be "food" and dug in. I hope the training was better than this.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject:

As Jacob rounded the corner and major Kelly and Alpha company came to attention.
"Sir, we're ready to move out,"major Kelly reported
"Good major your on time.Ok listen up Alpha company I hear you did not get to be properly breifed so I will breif you.You should already know about the defect and the shuttle.Well we will be the first rescue party sent for the shuttle.The shuttle crashed about 50 miles north from here.We do not know the exact position the shuttle crashed.To tell you the truth we don't even know what area its in, we just know it dissappered from radar 50 miles north from the base.Our objective is to find and secure the shuttle until proper supplies arrive.Now theres a catch we will be deep in Krayt dragon territory and it might be bad luck or something cause it seems to be there mateing season.Theres also some more bad news the Krayt Dragons have a poison in their drull.The good news is that we have antidote with us, but only a limited supply.So just to be safe I want everybody to pair into buddys now you will cover your buddy's back and your buddy will cover your back.Now everybody make a promise they will die for one of their comrads is that clear, good.Any questions?"Jacob said.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject:

...Where is everybody?
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, they're either captured or out on assignment.

Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: In Tara's Quarters

((OOC: if this doesn't work, just let me know and I'll be only too happy to edit it))

After figuring out her quarters, she fell onto her bed in a sitting position. It seemed that her past, no matter what she'd do, would get in her face and slapped her. She didn't need any entanglements with her so-called "family" after the last situation. The familiar voice of her mother echoed in her ears.

"You are one of us. You are my daughter."

She shook her head, clearing her mind. She had to follow in her father's footsteps. She couldn't falter. She knew her mother was a Sith, but didn't know if she was an apprentice or a lord. She didn't even need to know. Her father, she found out later on that he had been one of the few who had been on his ship when the army killed the Jedi and he had hid on an unknown planet and he had hid his force ability somehow and they couldn't keep their pants up, somehow.

She knew that her parents had a major fallout and they became enemies and her father had taken her to live on Alderaan and she had grown up more or less like a part of the royal family herself. She and Leia had been like sisters and when Bail had recieved word that the noble Jedi was killed, he had became more or less a father to her as well.

Until that day...

she shook her head. The memories had achived a sting that made her eyes nearly tear up and she held back her tears. She lifted her head instinctively as the doors opened and she looked at the form standing in the doorway.

"What do you want?"

((OOC: another note: her father was too busy with business to teach her and all she knows is that the Jedi are good and the Sith are bad.))
 Back to top »
Kyle Katarn

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Katarn walked into the Rebel Base with his two escorts. They were greeted by several officers, Kyle however was still thinking about the vision the Force had revealed to him.

"Your name, sir?" the man said

"Sorry, Kyle Katarn" he said his voice low

The man nodded then said, "I will alert the proper authorities of your arrival."

"Thank You, I will await for further orders"
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Vice Admiral David Hunt, Rebel Navy-

After disembarking the Millenium Falcon, myself and Adm. Kle'Vla proceeded swiftly out of the hangar bay and towards the other hangar bay containing the shuttles, determined to re-assume command immediately.
I fetched a communicator from my room en-route, and held it out as we entered the hangar bay. After communicating, we proceeded onto the nearest shuttle, and ordered a course set for Kamino.
As we took off, I looked at my wrist chronometer.
Kyle Katarn

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject:

OOC: Where are the rebels? Should I go Rogue? Or what?
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject:

The Rebels are on Tatooine. Don't go rogue, please.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject:

You'll run into them sooner or later. And when you do. Have fun!
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject:

Leia Organa Solo stood in the exit of the abode, small bouts of sand occasionally sticking in her eyes from the constant blowing of the wind. It foretold an upcoming sandstorm in its infancy. The communications received by Command indicated that her husband was to arrive at the never-ending desert of Tatooine today, but even that was not soon enough. The inhospitable climate rarely allowed for journeys outside, especially those not acclimated to the planet. And though today held “good weather”, it was still difficult to remain outside an edifice for an extended amount of time.

Chief of State Leia Organa Solo had been waiting, protected mildly by a sand-worn cloak over her casual dress, for hours. She glanced down at her hefty stomach for the tenth time that day. The medical droids continually warned her that she shouldn’t remain outside so long; they said her condition was growing weaker and that the birth was near. But Leia was always stronger than others might have imagined about her.

Nevertheless, she wanted her husband with her when their children were born. It was only right, and the former Princess could not imagine going through it without him. The concept of bringing more children into this hellish galaxy was frightening enough already, it need not be intensified by experiencing it alone.

The mother-to-be walked out towards the large metal plate embedded in the ground amongst the sand. Even now, she could feel the movements inside her body. The time was closing in on her. Come on, Han…

A familiar sound made itself announced in the sky, and, to her delight, was apparently a divine answer to her pleading. The Millennium Falcon, the reason the hunk of junk was still held together still boggling Leia’s mind, tossed around the sand as it flew low over the landscape.

She watched as the struts extended and the YT-1300 rested on the sullied, makeshift landing area. The hydraulics released some of their pressure as the landing cycle completed, blowing the opaque gas into the continually more violent wind.

Leia still couldn’t understand how her brother had managed to not just survive, but spend his childhood in this climate. It was a great contrast to her own Alderaan. At least Luke’s planet still existed…

With a hiss, the ramp lowered from the body of the durasteel giant, slowly touching the ground. The sand in the air was growing thicker, but Leia could see the tall, hairy figure of Chewbacca, helping another being down the ramp. The other being was undoubtedly her husband, Han.

“L-Look, I can walk on my own,” The human complained as he was basically dragged down the ramp by Chewie. “Let me go.”

The Wookiee moaned in protest. After so many years, Leia could, for the most part, understand Chewbacca, and he was obviously pointing out to Han that he could strain himself. The Alderaanian understood from the transmissions that Han had been hurt, but she didn’t think it was serious. She still hoped it wasn’t.

Nevertheless, Chewie conceded and literally dropped Han onto the sandy platform. Leia mentally winced and continued watching. The tall humanoid laughed good-naturedly as Han shot him a less-than-serious glare. “Not funny,” Han grumbled as Chewie picked him up and helped the human along, once again.

Leia wanted badly to run to her husband, but she suddenly felt weak…the woman didn’t know if it was indeed from her looming pregnancy, or just the fact that she was seeing her husband for the first time in a long while. She mustered the strength to call out, “Han!”

Chewie was already running Han towards Leia, and she couldn’t help but smile. It seemed like something out of a dramatic love holodrama, but with a giant Wookiee helping one of the lovers along. The awkward ambulance finally dropped Han, right into Leia’s arms. “Ch-chewie!” Han yelled out as he nearly collapsed to the gritty ground again.

Leia almost fell back from impact and Han nearly bounced off her enormous belly, but she leaned back against the wall to support herself. She continued to hug him, relieved that she no longer had to worry for his life…for now, at least. She knew this was all going to repeat again, but for the time being, the woman pushed it into the bowls of her mind.

Han was hurt. Leia could tell that upon closer visual inspection. There were some bloodspots on his clothes, which told her he apparently didn’t bother to change…You still have a lot to learn, she thought to herself, a smirk forming in her mind. He was probably going to need bacta patches, but if her husband was good for one thing, it was endurance. Either that or thick-headedness. “Easy,” Han inhaled sharply with a wince.

“Y-you’re alright,” Leia replied stupidly.

“Yeah, I-I’m alright…” Han responded. He apparently was sugarcoating the truth. “For the most part…” He continued, trailing off.
 Back to top »
Tara Stevens
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject:

((Cont. from my last post))

She turned around, seeing that what she had appeared to have seen wasn't there. She knew it was her stress making her see what she had thought to have seen. What she swore she saw was her Jedi father. When she turned her head, she saw what she did the first time, her father, who appeared to be glowing.

"Tara," he stated, his voice almost otherwordly, "don't fear what you'll become."

"Easy for you to say," she scoffed.

"You're doing the right thing," her father stated.

"I hope so. It appears that no one really trusts me. Distrust and fear plagues this base like an illness," she stated.

Her father nodded.

"Don't worry and listen to your heart, Tara," he stated and then disappeared and she slumped onto the bed.

"Good advice, but a little hard to follow," she said to herself as she relaxed in the room.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject:

He couldn't take it any longer. The force of Leia's embrace was causing all the wounds scattered throughout Han's body to scream out in protest. Gods, he really did want this moment to last an eternity - to hold her back and just spend the next couple of hours telling her how much he loved her.

But he couldn't ignore the pain any longer. He could already feel his face beginning to flush from its intensity. Without another thought, he pushed himself away from her, careful of her bulging stomach.

The look that flashed across her face as he did so nearly tore him in two. Not a wise move, Solo. Now she'll get ideas....

Wavering unsteadily on his feet, Han straightened his posture and smiled weakly to try and convince her that he was alright. "S-sorry, sweetheart...just needed a little room."

He eyed her stomach once again and decided to change the subject - anything to get it off of him. "How're you and the little one holding up?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject:

Leia watched him. He was clearly hurt worse than he let on, as usual. Even though he poorly covered it up, she couldn't help but smirk. "Fine," She said and looked down at her stomach as she felt a slight pressure. "I think our little friend missed you." Organa then added with a soon-to-be-mother smile.

"Did he now," Her husband replied, the strain still weary in his voice. Even as he moved to touch the tremendous lump of a stomach, Leia felt the slight pressure build. This was the same pain she'd been having for awhile. Probably nothing to worry about.

"I guess he's one of the few people that likes his father," She said with a smirk, masking the pain behind her mouth. It was getting worse than it ever had been...but it did that each time she had it. She was getting closer to the end of her journey, more pain was to be expected. Then suddenly the pain stopped, a relief, and Leia knew what had happened.

"What's the supposed to---what?" Han reacted as Leia's face twisted into a sort of forelorned joy.

"I think it's time."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Rebel Base.

IC: Faqui.

A rebel fighter drifted from out of the atmosphere and into the desert dry planet of Tatooine, it gazed momentarily amongst the yellow sky and finally plotted its course. The Rebel Base, it floated down softly and hovered over the center within the starport.

An Ubese warrior stopped the fighter from accelerating any further and blanked out the engines. The fighter's humming stopped and the hood of the ship opened, the Ubese dived out and landed perfectly. Awaiting an arrival was a senior officer, one of the best at that, Mono Glese'. Mono was a talented republic officer who gave assignments to the republics best hero's.

This ubese fighter had already completed his previous missions given to him by Mono Glese' and was ready to take on a higher role in the war. He felt as thought an advancement in employment was the sole pupose of returning to the base.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject:

"Faqui, How did it go? I heard you talked him out of it right? You sure are a good'un."

Faqui silenced him by staring at him blindly, through those ubese eyes. He was human, but liked to wear the outfit given to him when he joined the Rebel academy. It was the only outfit on offer, and he wasn't going to turn it down.

"I saw to it good, he said the rebellion income should still be coming in and he would talk to his associates as soon as possible about the short fundings. We need the money more than anything, and to win this war too, it'll get us some medical supplies and more. Now, I need to talk to you Mono..."

Mono Glese' looked at him and sighed, it was that time and his best fighter would be stepping into a larger role in the rebellion. He wanted an advancement.

"I can't decide on this, go and speak to cheif, cheif Han Solo, he'll tell you what to do. It's too much for me to decide on by myself. Although, I do feel your ready for an promotion, so I'll see to it personally you get what you want." He said, whilst walking with Faqui into the base to meet this "Solo".
 Back to top »
Kyle Katarn

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject:

Kyle Katarn sat waiting for what seemed like hours. He felt a motion in the force and decided to act on it. Kyle left the Rebel HQ and began to roam the streets of Tatooine. He came across all types of life. Enteracted with many species he thought didnt exist.

Kyle walked for hours until he came across the thing the Force wanted him to see. A few bounty hunters had just captured a beautiful woman and were trying to force her into a dark alley.

"Let her go" Kyle's powerful voice struck the bounty hunters dumb

They dropped her and she ran. Her tears stained the sand under her feet.

"And who are you? A Rebel?" they asked

Kyle waited for each of them to get a taunt in before he unhooked his lightsaber. They stepped back in fear instantly. Kyle began to concentrate, using the Force to guide his next moves. He would not strike first, hoping this image alone sent them away in fear.

The first bounty hunter laughed then unhooked his blaster and fired. With one quick and easy arm movement the blast was shot back at him. The bounty hutner fell. The rest stared at him, unsure whether to attack or flee.

"I would choice life" Kyle encouraged the 'flee' thought.

The Bounty Hunters, not wanting to lose their lives shouted a few more taunts then ran down the alley.

Kyle nodded with accepted them bent down to the bounty hunter, he examined the body. He was dead for sure, the ultimate price.
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

At first, Han didn't know how to react. One minute they were musing about their soon to be born child and now she mumbled the words he knew he wasn't ready for - it was time.

"Wait," he started slow to clear his thoughts. "You mean--" his words trailed off at the smug smile on his wife's face. With an exasperated sigh, he turned slightly and ran a hand through his tossled hair. After a life of being alone and faring for himself, he was finally going to have a real family.

"Han..."

Leia's voice was shaky and managed to pull him back to the moment. He turned to face his wife. "Uh, oh...yea..." He glanced frantically around the dusty platform for someone to help.

"No, it's all taken care of..." she smiled weakly.

Han returned the smile as a medical team started to approach. "I love you..."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles jostled himself awake as he felt the cold floor of the Falcon suddenly impact something below him. He opened his eyes, and even though he was still shrouded by the haze of sleep, he could tell they had finally landed.

The moment he didn’t want to face had come. Nevin, however, realized that perhaps this would bring finality. Maybe they would execute him for “war crimes” or some such lie concocted by the Rebels. At least he wouldn’t have to deal with the pain that still plagued him for all this time.

On the other hand, they could imprison him. For the rest of his life. To think about what happened. A far crueler fate than that of death, he thought. Nevin Antilles simply couldn’t allow the scum to know that. To know that he was weak. He hoped for death.

Nevin was pulled to his feet by men, whom he assumed were Rebel guards, when they entered the hold to escort the escapees out of the ship. The guards studied the Imperial for a moment, obviously confirming it was him. Nevin so wanted to deprive the men of theri—

“You’re coming with us,” One said gruffly as his accomplice pulled out a blaster, set on stun, and prodded it into Nevin’s back. The guard paused and looked him over, deciding how to end the sentence best. “Kid.”

Nevin glared, but cooperated. His time was coming. He still had his vibroblade. Antilles would be able to take out the person he wanted to…soon. They’d have] to kill him, then.

The guards bound his wrists together and pushed him down the ramp. Nevin, of course, resisted against them as they would expect a prisoner to act. He managed to plant the tip of his boot in the back of the more menacing guard’s knee. The fallen man’s cohort immediately whacked Nevin with the butt of his blaster, and Antilles found himself fallen on his stomach on the ground, face skidding against the ground. He growled as the felt the combination of the sharp pieces of sand and the metal ground caused him to bleed, but was pulled to his feet by the guard he had knocked down seconds before.

Antilles’ first response was to punch the man, but his hands were bound. His resistance came in the form of both his fists rising, clenched against each other, under the guard’s jaw. He heard the clamp! of teeth against teeth and the guard stumbled back, rubbing his jaw. Nevin knew this was useless, but it was just for show, after all. Plus, it wasn’t too bad at relieving his caged-up burning anger…

The prisoner started to sprint to the complex at the end of the landing platform. He could probably have run back to the ship and escaped that way, but that would bring him no solace.

By that time, the other guard had begun firing his blaster at Nevin, whom was still heading towards the complex. It wasn’t until the guard set his blaster to “kill” that Nevin was struck and fell on the ground, once again.

The urge to yell out in pain hung itself at the back of his mouth, but he merely gritted his teeth and suppressed the natural reaction to pain. He was sure the barbaric troops thought this “prissy Imperial” was a good show of lack of Imperial military strength. They’d learn. The wounds inflicted on him were not physical, but they were still wounds that could never heal. Kara’s death could never compare to what Antilles wanted to do to them.

Nevin was pulled up once again, and more guards arrived, aiming their weapons on him. He sneered at the guard he had originally attacked.

“Get moving, scruff,” One of the reinforcements hissed at him.

Nevin guessed the reason they didn’t mutilate him was that they wanted to interrogate him. They’d have a fun time doing that. If anything he heard about these heretics was true, it’s that they would end his life if he refused to answer. He would do just that…but not before getting what he wanted.

He ceded and allowed himself to be escorted through the door to the complex. “You bastards will never get away with this. The Empire will be here to meet you,” Nevin growled as he winced from the blaster wound embedded in his right shoulder. The Empire surely would show up at this dustball one day. Whether they got here within the next few days or not was what would determine if Nevin was going to die a martyr or live to fight another day. He preferred the former; he had nothing else to live for. Except vengeance.

Nevin was led through the corridors of the complex. He looked around and surveyed the area – rough textures, obvious weather damage, out of date equipment… it was everything he had expected, except better. He glanced over and caught sight of Solo, accompanying some fat woman down the corridor.

After a few seconds, he realized the “fat woman” was Leia Organa Solo. The infamous senator-gone-traitor herself. It was apparent that the rumors of her soon-to-be-born children were true. Oh, how sweet it would be to use this moment to force the vibroblade into that weibchen and rob Solo of his love. Not like this war mongerors had any concept of love…it was all their own illusion.

Perhaps the greater irony would be for the little bastard Organa Solo carried to be recruited as a stormtrooper. It wasn’t long until this horde would be wiped out by the civilization of the Empire. Not long…

He was led to a medical bay, where his wound was treated. They apparently thought he would die from such a pitiful shoulder injury. He wasn’t a weakling like these idiots here.

Following the treatment, he was immediately thrown into a cellblock. Nevin Antilles now awaited apparent interrogation and was left to muse on his own thoughts.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:

The minute Shadow landed Luke had ran out of the cockpit, down the ramp and into the base. He caught up with Han and Leia as they were entering the medical bay, Leia was hobbling along with a nurse on one side and Han on the other Luke followed them into the facility and helped Leia on to a bio bed, “Didn’t think I’d miss this did you?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject:

Leia managed to crack a thin smile. “Do you ever miss anything?” She said with all the wit she could muster, but that was increasingly spiraling into oblivion.

But at least Luke was here. That, along with Han’s presence and love, was the only thing she trusted to be with her at this precious moment. Han’s “I love you” had mirrored a chain of events she started so many years ago, and she, of course, had responded with the “I know” that tradition mandated. That was one personal joke they would never let themselves live down.. It brought her hope to know at least their relationship had lasted until this point, even though being married to Han was more challenging than giving birth to octuplets.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:

Grand Moff Nevin Antilles sat in the corner of the cell, taking this time of seclusion to sort out his thoughts. His mind was, at the moment, a cauldron of swirling ideas and emotions that often conflicted the very nature of their opposite. In short, Nevin honestly had no idea of what he was going to do. Solo’s assassination was possible, but that would quickly end Nevin’s life. This ideal was an example of the contradictions presenting themselves, invading his mentality; only hours ago, he had comtemplated throwing his life away to take another. Actually, he was still considering that possibility. If he could get free, he may be able to make his way to Solo and his consort. He had the opportunity to take the lives of the two leaders of the Rebellion. However, after the morale crisis was put down, others would rise to take their place…most likely that rat Skywalker.

However, it would certainly dent the Rebel Alliance for a significant time, and the Empire would have a better opportunity for their victory over these separatists. And…it would support people like Jendob.

Nevin gritted his teeth. That man was a traitor to the Imperial way of life. The self-righteous Intelligence director probably staged that entire breakout to get Antilles out of the way! It undeniably wouldn’t have been the first time the corrupt wanted even more power if true. Unfortunately, the corrupt usually have ways to get their power and Jendob, most likely, came out as the hero in this façade. It would also mean Ams’ “long-standing” friendship with Nevin was also a fake; Antilles had been too blind to accept the fabrication at the time. That was Nevin’s own flaw. He had allowed himself to become attached to those who wanted to use him for their own personal glory. Jendob, even as a teacher in the Academy, had realized Antilles’ potential. It now had left Nevin in the hands of merciless dregs and without the one person with whom his trust had not been betrayed: Kara.

In the jumble of his thoughts, he had almost forgotten the derivation of his anxiety. Kara was dead. She was dead. Even amongst the conspiracy theories, her death was the only constant.

Nevin stood up. Enough of this... He had to take action. Looking around the room for any obvious means of escape, he tried to concoct a short-term plan. The other constant at this point was the fact of the vibroblade. That would be his way out. Eventually, if his captors intended to keep him alive, he would have to be fed. He would attack the first person to come into this room. It was a banal plan, but often one easy to spring. He’d then find a way to get to Solo. Nevin had an idea where they were already, so it would not be difficult – after all, he wasn’t going to let his wife give birth in anywhere but the medical bay. Conveniently for Nevin, the guards had already taken Antilles there to treat his “wounds”, so he already knew the way. Perfect. Solo and his wife would soon be dead. That’s all he had to worry about. What happened to him didn’t matter…he would be bettering the Empire and righting the wrong done to him. And to Kara.

Nevin pulled the blade out from his boot and placed it in a more accessible location: his sleeve. He had just finished the movement when a sliver of light appeared as the door slid open. Antilles leaned back against the wall, waiting for the right moment.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Dune Sea
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: