Interrogation Cell (Rebel Base)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Interrogation Cell (Rebel Base)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Interrogation Cell (Rebel Base)

A bright light seared my eyes as the hard chair back slammed against my back.
No good deed goes unpunished.
"I think I liked my old accomodations better," I muttered to the Rebel who bound my hands and pushed me into a chair.
"Yeah, too bad this ain't a hotel. Why don't you just shut up, buckethead?"
I shot him a look. "Tell me, smart guy; do you see a helmet?"
The Rebel snorted and walked out, leaving me alone and waiting for my interrogator. I hoped it wasn't that insufferable Hunt. That man was so full of himself, his sheer arrogance would make anyone crack.
After a few agonizing minutes, I watched with my now-adjusted eyes as the interrogation cell door slid to the side, and familiar figure stood there.
"Well, well, General. Fancy meeting you here."

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Han strode silently down the corridor alone. His mind was a whirlwind of emotions, clouding his judgment and limiting his awareness of the things around him. The events that transpired a month ago still plagued him -- and him only.

He decided almost immediately upon seeing Leia's face in the recovery room to keep it a secret. She had been through a lot and the look of joy and relief on her face at that moment in time was too much for him to bear. He would not open his mouth to her concerning their third child - his son - who had not survived birth. It would only cause them more grief and that's the last thing he needed.

As a result, Han had become overprotective of his son, Jonash, and daugher, Jaina, rarely letting the two out of his sight for fear of something similar befalling them. Sure, Leia had become suspicious on more than one occasion about his behavior and even questioned him about it, but Han was able to easily shrug it off. But the internal struggle continued on.

With all of this in mind, Han didn't take well to the announcement yesterday that he was to interrogate another new prisoner. He had fought it, regretting some of the words he had said to the high council, but they had promised him time off. They said 2 months. And once again, they lied to him. Ultimately, he lost the battle and he found himself in his current position - in the depths of the dark, musty detention level.

The smell of the lower depths were beginning to turn his stomach as he approached the desginated cell. Han just wanted to get this over with. He wasn't sure how effective he would be, but at the moment, he didn't care.

Punching the correct code into the doorpad, Han stepped in as the door slid aside to admit him. Instantly, he stopped in his tracks and glared intensely at the form before him.

"Well, well, General. Fancy meeting you here.

She looked at him with those emerald green eyes of hers that caused his anger to build. He felt his fists clench and unclench. She would not get to him this time. Now it was his turn.

"I should have guessed they'd have me question the Empire's covergirl." He stepped closer to her, pulling a chair around to face in her direction. "This ought to be fun."

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject:

The Empire's covergirl? That's a good one, I mused. I think the wings sticking out of my back might cause some problems there.
And there was no way I was going to let him off with that remark.
"I guess someone likes you, General. By the way, how's your jaw?" I smirked.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject:

As the memory of their last meeting on Coruscant resurfaced, Han brought his hand up to his face and rubbed his jaw lightly. He smiled at the red-haired woman. "Couldn't have healed better. If you really want to do some real damage, you're gonna have to hit me a lot harder next time."

Moving away from the chair, Han began to circle her, subtlely admiring her appearance. "But enough from you." He stopped again before her face. "How stupid are you to show up in Alliance space? What galaxy shattering plans is 'ole metal face dreaming up now?"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject:

I couldn't help a chuckle at his mocking name for Vader. Yeah, this guy is definitely an ex-Imperial.
"Nothing, General--oh, why stand on ceremony? Nothing, Han. Lord Vader doesn't even like this idea, but the High Command carries a lot of weight," I pointed out, my eyes and head following him as he circled me like a hungry vulture. "Besides, didn't anyone ever tell you not to look a gift tauntaun in the mouth?"

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Grinding his teeth together in irritation, Han nearly flipped the empty chair over onto her at her use of his first name. Normally Han didn't like the use of special title , but it was different when he was face to face with an Imperial officer. He figured it had to do with wanting respect and holding some kind of authority over her - which he enjoyed.

"That's General to you, sweetheart. Next time--" Han faltered and trailed off.

Did she just say what he thought she said? Kriff! This whole treaty could be blown if he captured an Imperial officer when she was just here to deliver a---

"Gift?" he inquired slowly, his eyes studying her closely. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject:

My jaw dropped slightly, but I clamped it shut.
Those fracking stupid, incompetant, unorganized, idiotic, mother--, at that point in my mental tirade, I inserted a rather vitriolic Thanagarian curse, MORONS! Can't the damned Diplomatic branch do ANYTHING right?!
Even so, I wasn't going to let Solo know we had screwed up. But those bastards at Diplomacy were fracking lucky none of my men had been killed, or I would personally take them out.
Once more, I steered my thoughts to the present situation, and how I could toy with Solo. An idea came, and I began to tug at my binders with my wrists. After a few minutes of grunting and swearing, I looked up at him.
"Can you get these things off?" I asked, pretending to be embarrassed, even helpless.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Her hands were mesmerizing as she twisted them about, trying to loosen the bonds that held them together. Han found his eyes glued to those hands before moving back up to her face. "That's out of the question, I'm afraid," he said with a mocking smirk.

He propped one foot up on the empty chair, leaning his elbow on his raised knee, still studying her. "Now, how 'bout you answer my question before I have to get nasty."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I eyed Solo. There was a sadistic sort of amusement in those hazel eyes which made me want to break his jaw again. Pompous, arrogant bastard...
His pose conveyed an arrogance that made a lot of Imperial officers look humble. He could be quite irritating, but I was going to hit him punch-for-punch.
"Nothin' to say. I've got a gesture for you, but my hands are tied."
His expression was well-worth it.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Her response had taken him off guard. Was she trying to flirt with him again? If so, it was getting old and he wasn't going to fall for it again.

"A...gesture, huh? Well, how thoughtful of you," he said with a sly smirk. He let his leg drop off of the chair and he stepped closer to her. "I also have one for you."

He slowly started to move in toward her. Bringing his fist up at the last minute, he slapped her across the face. "Now, enough foolin' around. Answer my kriffin' question."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:

It took a second to register that he'd slapped me. I turned back, with an incredulous look on my face.
He fracking slapped me!
Then again, I did give him an uppercut during his interrogation, but how else was I supposed to keep him from shoving his tongue half-way down my throat?
"Some gentleman you are, hitting a woman," I remarked.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Clenching his teeth and balling his hand up into a fist once again, he sneered at the bird-woman. "I gave you a warning to answer me before I get nasty. Looks like you didn't listen."

Backing up slightly, he continued to glare at her. "Now, answer me before my hand slips again."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I narrowed my eyes at him.
"If you do, you can kiss whatever shot at ending this damn war goodbye," I said bluntly. Forget toying with him, this moron was going to threaten everything Ams and I worked for.
Ams...
Did he know what happened? If he found out I was captured...
'They'd wish they never came within a thousand parsecs of you.'
His chilling words echoed across my mind, as did images of the Imperial fleet turning Tatooine to a glass ball. But the fight wouldn't be bloodless... and Ams would likely be one of the unlucky ones.
"General--Han--Solo, whatever you want me to call you... Those Acclamators aren't an attack force."
I paused, trying to get the words out of my mouth. "They're a gift."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Han inwardly cringed at the thought of the war continuing and the treaty being broken. That's the least thing he wanted - especially with the thought of his kids being caught up into it, growing up knowing nothing but blood and death. Plus, the thought of the blame falling squarely on his shoulders didn't help matters any.

But then what she said next caused Han's expression to soften. So, he had heard her right - there was a gift. Or, at least she referred to it as a "gift." He wasn't about to trust her that easily.

"Yes, you've said. But somehow I don't trust you." He studied her expression closely, looking for any hints of lies. "Why do you think that is, sweetheart?"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I groaned. He was impossible. "Maybe because I tried rearranging your face and put a hole in your hand, to start. Maybe it's the uniform. I really don't give a womprat's ass. But those ships are a gesture from the Empire... when have we ever sent over a dozen and half starships to anyone?
"Many officers want to end the war. Most would be willing to do it in a treaty. I'm one of them."
With that, I worked my hands from behind my back to in front of me. "Sorry, it was getting uncomfortable with my wrists slowly getting cut."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

He couldn't help but smile as she groaned. He was doing his job well.

"Oh, well...let's see," he started. "How 'bout when you're about to wipe out an entire planet? I can see you calling something like that a gift."

He leaned against the chair and glared at her as she fumbled with her hands again. "I want more proof." And almost as an afterthought, he added, "As for those binders, that's the idea."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

This idiot just contradicted himself in the space of two minutes.
"Do you get chafed straddling the fence all the time?" I challenged.

Last edited by on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:

He had the urge to hit her again, but he concluded that's what she wanted him to do. Instead, he just gave her an intense glare. He could feel his face burning up in anger.

"I'm asking the questions here." His voice was low and had an edge to it. "Now, provide me with the proof I'm asking for regarding these...'gifts.'"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I had to smirk as his eyes blazed with anger. He was holding back from assaulting me further.
But is he this stupid? Or is he just trying to suck more information out of me?
The debate raged on for a second or two.
"How about the fact that all 50 of my crew were aboard a single ship? And the rest were slaved to that ship? Does that sound like a good way to launch a planetary assault?" I asked.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:

"No, I wasn't talking about this fleet being the attack force. This could just be a diversion." He looked at her squarely in the eyes. "Afterall, this isn't the first time the Empire broke their promise."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject:

"Look, this isn't the same Empire it was several months ago. Do you think Palpatine would've let us compromise over Corellia?
"Look, things are changing in the Galaxy. This war... this war can't continue."
I looked up into the hazel orbs that scrutinized me. "Do you want your children growing up in a war-torn Galaxy? To know just hate and death and destruction? Because I don't my kids to have to suffer through what their parents have."
A moment passed after the tirade, and I realized I had just poured out some of my closest feelings to a man who, a month before, I was trying to kill.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

For the first time Han can recall, he was rendered speechless by an Imperial officer. What the woman just spewed to him took him off guard and put a human factor to her. She was feeling the same exact thing as he - and if most of the Imperial officers felt this way...

"I didn't expect you to spill it," he quickly covered up. He tried to make it appear that he had always known they felt this way. "But now that you have, let's see what we can do about this...gift."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I smirked at him. "You can start by getting these cuffs off. I won't try to kill you."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

He narrowed his eyes, studying her closely again. Eventhough she openly just admitted to him that she wanted to end this war, something was still telling him to be cautious. This may still be an Imperial trick, afterall.

"I think it'll be best if I keep those on you for the time being," he said slowly.

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

"Jackass," I said under my breath. Or sadist. Maybe both.
"Can I go back to my cell, then?" I asked impatiently. "This room's a little small for my tastes."
Solo regarded me for a moment before responding. "Who says we're done here?"
I'm not your enemy, dammit. The only reason I'm here is because Imperial Diplomacy is a bunch of idiots. No wonder Tarkin thought his "rule by fear" policy would work. Our diplomats are worthless!
That train of thought brought a scowl to my face, which stayed as I replied, "What more could you possibly want?"
The Rebel shrugged. "Oh, I don't know," he said obtusely before turning to look at the wall. I let out a frustrated groan.
"Those Acclamators," he started, still facing the wall. "We can just take 'em, right?"
Okay, maybe not a bad question.
"Yeah. Fortunately for you, we unslaved the computer controls before you geniuses decided to pelt us with ion cannons," I quipped.
He turned back to face me."How thoughtful of you," he remarked sarcastically.
I smirked at him. "It'd be like giving a gift without power cells. Not much point in that, is there?"
His eyes narrowed, and his lip curled into a sneer that reminded me distinctly of the image of an Imperial officer portrayed in propaganda.
"Remember where you're at," he cautioned. "I won't hesitate to hurt you again."
I tried to stifle laughing out loud, but a derisive snicker still broke free. He thought his little slap broke my will? "Please, you hit like a baby. Either that or I appreciate the restraint."
"Baby?!" he flushed the same hue as my uniform.
Me, three. Him, zip, I thought smugly, tapping my binders against the stone walls of the cell. "Any other questions?"
He glared at me. "For now, no."
"Good. Now can I go to my cell?"
He walked towards me, grabbed the binders by their central linkage, and jerked me to my feet. The rough gesture elicited a grunt and a warning, "Watch it."
"Too rough for you?" he asked smugly.
It was an opportunity I couldn't, and certainly wouldn't pass up to get under his skin once more. "I've seen rougher with my husband. And he's not trying to hurt me."
Solo's nose wrinkled, and his cocky demeanor vanished. "That's something I don't want to get into," he admitted.
"You asked." I shrugged.
He just rolled his eyes, then began to drag me to the door. I resisted his attempt. "I can walk on my own, you know. I'm cuffed, not crippled."
"Fine."
He released me with a push, and I stumbled backwards. Still, I managed to stay on my feet. But now I was pissed.
"After you," I offered, speaking through gritted teeth.
And with that, he led me off to my cell.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Interrogation Cell (Rebel Base)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: