Shuttle Victory
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Shuttle Victory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Shuttle Victory

The shuttle cruised through hyperspace, five hours into its twenty-eight hour journey. Shayera was in the back, sleeping. Her shift up front was in a few hours, and she was catching some sleep so she could pilot the ship without worrying about fatigue.
The vista of hyperspace panned out before me. Starlight from realspace was distorted by the dimensional boundaries to a wall of bluish-white brilliance. The modified hyperdrive hummed along, propelling the ship forward at a little more than .48 towards Corellia. With our mission of overthrowing the usuper Pratt finished, we had to return to Corellia to formally make the sector a demilitarized zone. Hopefully, it would be the first step in ending this gods-forsaken civil war.
I ruminated for a few hours about the sheer, unmitigated disaster this war was. Even destroying the Rebels didn't matter to me anymore. All I cared about was ending this war with the Empire intact.
"Hey," a voice said from behind. "My turn to drive."
I turned. "What are you doing up?"
Shayera smiled, her pearl-white teeth seeming to brighten the small cockpit. "My shift."
I looked at the chronometer. "So it is."
Then I got out of the chair, inactivity-stiffened joints making my movements slow and ungainly. Shayera took my seat while I stretched my legs.
"Chair's warm," she commented. "And we're a couple degrees off course."
She flipped some switches, and the heading changed slightly.
"How did that double-chair arrangement work?" I asked. The shuttle had no cabins, just a lot of chairs. Shayera had spun one backwards to face the chair behind it, then sat on one and put her feet on the other.
"Not bad, really. It's more comfortable than it looks."
I chuckled. "Well, it beats popping a stick of chewstim every few hours just to stay awake."
She grinned. "Great way to start a honeymoon, right Ams?"
I plopped down in the co-pilot's seat. "Yeah. Nothing like being jumpy everytime the woman you love tries to put her arms around you," I joked.
"You weren't jumpy," she said.
I chuckled. "Yes, I was. I was just subtle about it," I teased, then yawned.
"Sleepy, Ams?" she gibed, then smirked.
I grunted. "Only a little."
She talked to me, even though she was looking straight ahead. "Go get some sleep. I can handle it from here."
"That desperate to get rid of me, hm?" I kidded.
She cuffed me in the stomach. "Go on. What if Solo's there now? You don't want to fall asleep in the negotiations."
I smiled. "Practicing for motherhood on me, Shy?"
She glanced away from the controls to give me look. "Bed time, little Ams," she said patronizingly.
I played along. "Will you tuck me in?"
She didn't expect that. "Just get back there," she said in amused exasperation.
I got up, and kissed her cheek. "All right..." I walked away. "Mother hen," I said under my breath.
"I heard that."
"Mother hawk," I corrected, still under my breath, and a little further away.
There was a predatory growl. "I'm gonna get you for that," she called.
I had to laugh as I sat down in the chair, and put my feet up on the next seat. "You caught me, hon."
"You're in for it when we land," she said teasingly from the cockpit.
"Yeah, yeah," I muttered and closed my eyes. In no time, I drifted off to sleep.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

"Coronet Control, this is shuttle Victory requesting permission to land on platform East-52."
I awaited the response, drumming my fingers on the control board.
At last, a reply came. "Imperial shuttle, you are cleared to land at E-five-two. Have fun at that big conference," the controller quipped.
I smiled. "Roger that, Control. Over and out."
Then, with a smirk on my lips, I cut the inertial dampeners, and banked the shuttle. Ams spilled out of his seat and back to consciousness.
I cut the dampeners back in, and smiled at him. "Ams, you really should learn how to stay in a chair," I said innocently.
He glowered up at me from the deck. "Very funny," he grumbled then climbed back into his seat.
I reached over and slid my hand under his. His frown slowly melted away, and gave me resigned smirk. "You know I can't stay mad, don't you?" he asked.
A grin spread across my face. "Guilty as charged."
I turned my hand to clasp his, and he returned the gesture. I looked into his sea-green eyes for just a moment, but it felt like a lifetime.
If someone told me twenty years ago I would fall in love with Ams Jendob and marry him, I would've laughed and probably punched them out. Ams was my friend at the time, but I wouldn't have said I was in love with him. Now was different. Ams and I had been lovers once before, on Relias III. I wasn't sure if we were truly in love then, or if it had been just physical attraction. I even questioned that in the early weeks of my marriage. But now, I knew. Ams truly loved me and cared for and about me. And I felt the same for him. He was the first person I really trusted, and my first love.
At the Academy, he'd help me through many a last-minute cram for a test. On Relias, his sensual caress helped me whittle away many a sleepless night.
He still does that, I thought, a mischievous smirk tugging at my lips even more.
And now, we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. I could hardly believe I'd spent only a bit over half of a standard year in wedlock. I felt like my entire adult life had been spent looking at those dashing features, or being held in his arms. Everything else seemed to be from another life, implanted into my memory.
All of that ran through my mind in the space of a heartbeat. Then I looked back out the cockpit window, and guided the shuttle in.

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject:

The shuttle lifted off from Corellia, and slowly cruised up through the atmosphere. Our job here was done, and it was time to go home. I punched in the coordinates, and slid the lever forward. The stars blurred for a moment, then vanished.

Ams and Shayera are at Coruscant

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Shuttle Victory
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: