Coronet Jail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Jail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Coronet Jail

I leaned against the wall in my new, temporary quarters. A passing stormtrooper had seen my little altercation with Little Miss Dollface, and had arrested me a few minutes later. Ams protested, of course, but then, I did slug her. Even if the little slut had it coming.
And now I was in a local jail. It really wasn't that bad. I had the cell to myself, and a transparent forcefield barrier kept me in. The bunks looked sturdy enough, and there was a small lavatory--
I'm beginning to sound like Ams, I thought humorously.
Anyway, there was a small 'fresher unit in the back corner of the cell. At least in my stay for a couple of days, I could clean up a little.
I got a small smile as the cop who mistook me for a Rebel before walked past the cell, then did a double-take.
"Hi Officer," I said simply.
He just smiled wryly and shook his head. "Someone call you a Reb again?"
"Nah, I just elbowed some bimbo in the stomach," I laughed.
"Watch it, Birdie."
The tall brunette stepped in from off to the side. The cop then saluted her. Just one problem. She wasn't in that light blue jacket and pants. Now she wore the dark-blue uniform that the policeman had.
"Chief, you know her?" the cop asked.
The brunette looked from the cop to me, and back. "I'm the one she decked."
The policeman looked at me again, his eyes wide. "Geez, lady. If you had to hit someone, you shouldn't have picked her."
Then he walked off.
"Chief, huh?"
I received an icy glare in return.
Well, that's a great way to meet people... Knock 'em around, then get locked up by them. Good job, Shayera.
Finally, I cracked a smile.
"You find something funny, Birdie?"
I chuckled. "Actually I do. And if you'll knock off the 'Birdie' crap, I'd be tempted to tell you."
Dee or Di or whatever Ams said her name was leaned against the back wall, looking into the cell.
"I was just thinking that if Ams would open up about his past lovers, we could've avoided this."
A dark eyebrow went up. "He's not talkative with you, either?"
I shook my head. "No. By the way, sorry about knocking the wind out of you. And, uh, I didn't quite catch your name."
"Chief Cropht," she said sternly. But then an odd smile crossed her lips. "But you can call me Diana. After you're out of that cell."
Then the chief walked off, presumably to do whatever the Chief of Corellian police does when the planet is under these conditions.

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject:

"Oh, Ams... That was amazing."
He grinned up at me again, and kissed me--

The dream fragmented as consciousness returned. Just when things were getting interesting. Then again, why just dream it when the real thing was less than an arm's length away?
I put my right arm out, and winced as my hand knocked against a cold, hard surface.
"Ow."
I opened my eyes, and saw I had just backhanded a duracrete wall. I tried the left, and my hand dangled over the edge of the bed. Two things were awry here: first, the bed had apparently gotten much smaller since a couple nights ago. Second, where in the Seven Hells was Ams?
Wait, this isn't our room...
Then I remembered the day before. Of course this wasn't the hotel room. I was in a fracking jail.
It's just another day, Shayera. Get through today, and you'll be let out tomorrow.
"Time to wake up, maggots!" a sharp voice said in mocking geniality.
"Ah, what the--" I muttered.
Cropht glared into the cell. "Got a problem, Hol?"
"What's going on?" I asked.
A smug look crossed over the tall brunette's face. "Rollcall, then breakfast. Get up or it's solitary for you."
I got up and swore under my breath.
"You say something, Hol?"
This was getting annoying. "No. You're hearing things."
The Corellian scowled, then grinned ferally. "Congratulations, Administrator. You just earned yourself the rest of your stay in solitary."
She flipped a switch, and a thick isolation door came down in front of the forcefield. After it descended, I felt the anger boil over.
"You frackin' bitch!"
For the next hour, I occupied myself hurling insults in Basic and Thanagarian towards Cropht. What the hell did Ams ever see in that bimbo? Aside from a pretty face and good figure, anyway.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I knocked on the door to the chief's office.
"Come in," was the reply from behind.
The door hissed to the side, and I was met with an odd sight.
"Di? You're the police chief?"
The voluptuous raven-haired woman grinned. "Hello to you too, Ams."
That was a bit of a surprise. I knew Diana was a police officer now, but I wasn't aware that she was the chief. Then again, it made my visit a little simpler.
"Anyway, what can I do for you?" she asked.
Straight to the point, just like always.
"I wanted to see a certain prisoner, but I can't find her."
"Uh-huh. You can't see her, Ams," the police chief stated.
"What?"
Diana leaned forward. "She's in solitary confinement. She needs to cool her heels."
I sat down and ran a hand through my hair. "What did she do to deserve that?"
"She was uncooperative," Cropht said matter-of-factly. "So she's in solitary until her release tomorrow."
"Oh, come on, Diana."
Those blue eyes narrowed. "Ams, I'm doing my job. And the law is the law, even with an old lover."
Now my eyes narrowed. "I wasn't asking for a special favor just because you and I, in the past..."
"Why the hell do you care, anyway? Afraid it'll blow your cover?"
My jaw clenched. If she was insinuating what I thought she was... "What do you mean, cover?"
Diana scoffed. "Come on, Ams. You, married to... her? Whichever sick mind at I.I. dreamed up that little combina--"
"It's not a cover," I growled.
"Of course not."
I fought to keep my teeth unclenched. "Well, Chief, can I at least know when she's to be released tomorrow?"
"Noon. And yes, you can pick her up yourself."
"Thank you," I said coldly, and turned to leave.
"Ams."
I turned back.
"You really care for her, don't you," my former lover asked.
"Yes, I do."
"Ams, please, don't be angry with me. I have no control of the situation. I'm just doing my job."
"Fine," I said stiffly, and walked out.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject:

The isolation door slowly rose, the sound jarring me from a fitful sleep.
"All right, Hol. You're free. Just don't slug anyone else, okay?"
I glared at the source of that voice. "Right. Then stay out of my sight, Chief."
The forcefield cut out as the woman pressed a button.
"What's to stop me from charging out of this cell and going for your throat?" I asked.
Her eyebrow cocked. "Well, I'd have to tell your husband that he'll need to wait another three years to pick you up rather than three minutes."
"Ams is here?"
She nodded. "Showed up an hour early."
I got out of the bunk, and looked around the corner. "Where?"
"Reception area. Come on, I'll take you," she offered.
"No thanks, Chief."
"Diana, remember?"
I gave her a questioning look. "What?"
"My name. It's only 'Chief' when you're in that cell."
"It's grown on me," I said flatly.
Blue eyes rolled at that comment. "I was just doing my job. Putting you in solitary is just standard procedure."
"Uh-huh."
She was starting to get impatient. "Okay, fine. Be like that. But are you going to keep Ams waiting?"
"Lead the way," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

As soon as Shayera saw me, she broke from Cropht and bolted for me. I took her in my arms, and held her tightly.
"She's free to go," the Corellian police chief said. "Just make sure she doesn't beat up anyone else, or it's three years."
I gave the tall brunette a look. "Whatever you say."
Then we turned to leave.
"You're welcome," Diana called.

We drove towards the hotel, talking along the way.
"Ams, why don't you ever tell me about women like her?"
I sighed. "I don't want you to get upset."
"Why would I? Hell, if I knew about Cropht, chances are I wouldn't have been so quick to deck her."
"She's the last woman I would've told you about," I admitted.
I felt a questioning gaze come from those emerald eyes.
"Her and I were close. Very close. Those other women weren't anything like her..."
I saw understanding dawn on her face. "Oh."
I tried changing the subject. "Now that you're free, anything you want to do?"
Shayera chuckled. "Yeah. Spend the next week in a shower."
"But then I wouldn't get to see you," I complained jokingly.
Shayera gave me a mischievous smirk. "Sure you could. You could spend all week with me."
I returned her smirk. I would've kissed her right then, but a speeder swerved in front of us, and I had to veer around it to avoid an accident.
"Bloody Rebels can't even drive," I muttered.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Jail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: