Coronet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Coronet

The shuttle dropped us off at the Coronet spaceport, on Corellia. Only an hour before, this was enemy territory. Now, it was a demilitarized world, with both the Empire and Rebellion laying claim to it.
The terms of the treaty were simple: No military vessels were permitted in the system. Any funds generated by the planet would be shared equally. The planet would also be governed by a civilian council with a single Imperial and Rebel representative. Also, the planet was never to be annexed into either group. Each side would police itself, as well. Imperial soldiers were not to take Rebels into custody or vice-versa. And no one was to carry a weapon.
Both sides also had free access to any planet in the system, but any action against the other side or dishonorable behavior (with the Imperials, at least) would result in the individual's permanent ejection from the system. There was too much at stake for us to afford an inebriated stormtrooper acting stupidly.
Corellia, in essence, was to be a sanctuary--an escape from the war ravaging the galaxy. Bitter enemies could relax here, possibly even have a couple cold ones together. Shayera jokingly described the image of even her and Solo kicking back and having a drink. I laughed, but secretly, I had no problems with that at all. I was tired of the war. Trillions had perished in the past twenty years. I had seen more than my fair share of the war up close and personal. The only major engagement I was in was Endor, and only two other official battles with the Rebels prior to that, but my numerous missions into the Alliance showed me the horrors of war just as effectively as a stormtrooper saw them on the front lines. Perhaps even moreso, since the majority of people who died at my hands did so in front of me. They weren't an anonymous figure in the scope of a rifle, or a flying silhouette against a mine explosion. I had looked into their eyes as their life fled them. And I used to be haunted every night by them, their faces and dying screams following me in dreams. So indelible were the images that I count their number: two hundred fifty nine, by my hands alone.
Not that I was proud of the blood of well over 260 people on my hands. The fact sickened me. I told Shayera that one of my most heartfelt wishes was that our children would never ask me if I killed anyone in the war they were studying in history. What could I say? "Daddy only killed a few thousand people, and only two hundred sixty with his own hands," or I could lie, which I wouldn't do.
I took a deep breath, inhaling the Corellian atmosphere. The salty scent of the ocean brought back memories of nearly six months prior. And what memories they were. Especially from that first night here. Shayera and I had been married less than two days, and our first night truly together, since the shuttle trip was made by just the two of us, meaning we spent more time with navcomp readings and checking coolant levels rather than with each other.
But that first night, walking along the beach with just the twinkling light from the stars and glow of Coronet for light, was quite possibly the second-best moment in my life... just behind putting that golden ring on Shayera's finger and feeling our lips press together in a passionate kiss.
But, I had to admit, lying on the beach in the soft sand, looking up into Shayera's beautiful eyes, and surrendering to our passions as the cool waves slowly lapped at the beach and washed over us did make this second-best moment a close one to the first.
We exited the spaceport, and headed for the heart of Coronet.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

The small restaurant in Coronet was bustling during the middle of the day. All of the outdoor seats were full. The weather was quite accomodating, though: sunny and warm with just an occasional breeze. Small groups of Imperials would walk by occasionally, laughing and talking among themselves. Everything seemed to be running smoothly. One never could've guessed that just two week prior, wearing an Imperial uniform on this world would be a death sentence.
"I can't believe it's already been two days," said the lovely redheaded woman sitting across from me.
I smiled at her. Her green eyes shone like diamonds, her smile warm, welcoming, and inviting. Her white short-sleeved shirt fluttered slightly with the occasional breeze, as did her long, flame red hair.
"I know," I agreed. "It seems so much shorter."
Shayera picked up her glass and took a long sip. As she did so, I watched those lovely eyes follow something behind me. I started to look back, but she gave a subtle shake of her head as she brought her glass back down. A Corellian in a police uniform of some sort stopped beside us.
"I guess that treaty picked up pretty quick," he noted, leaning against a lampost.
I smiled. "Yeah. I hope it hasn't increasing your workload at all," I said with some concern.
"What? No, not at all. Hell, crime's dropped a bunch since this treaty business started. I hear that the government is raking in a ton of credits, too."
Shayera raised an eyebrow. "Really?"
"Yeah. Everyone wants to go to this attraction or that canyon or see that mountain range. The guys in Tourism are goin' nuts."
I chuckled. "Glad to help."
The policeman smiled some more. "And I really gotta tell ya, this sight makes my day. An Imp and Reb, sitting together--"
"Whoa! Hold on, pal," Shayera interrupted. "Where do you get Rebel from this?"
"W-Well, you..."
Oh gods... now he's in for it. This poor policeman wasn't the first to think Shayera was a Rebel.
She stood up quickly, but not too quickly. "Listen, bub," she drawled. "Just because I've got wings on my back doesn't mean I'm a Rebel."
"You're an Imp?"
"Administrator Shayera Hol, Imperial Intelligence," she said with an edge to her voice. "Need an ID number?"
The policeman stumbled back a couple of steps. He had a few centimeters and some mass on her, but the look in her eye told him this was one person he didn't want to tick off any further.
"Sorry, ma'am. Uh, enjoy your lunch," he said quickly, then scampered off.
Shayera sat down heavily, exhaled exasperatedly, and shook her head. "Seven Frackin' Hells," she swore. "Am I gonna need to be in uniform all the time here?"
I laughed heartily. "Even then, they might not believe you," I teased.
"Gah!" Shy exclaimed. "I get a little time off, where I don't have to be in uniform, and people think I'm a kriffing Rebel." She looked down at her salad, and began stabbing at it with her fork.
I reached across the table and picked her chin up with the side of my index finger while touching her cheek with my thumb. "They can't help it if seeing the most beautiful woman in the Galaxy gets them a little confused," I said.
She cracked a smile. "Damn, you're good. No wonder all those women fell for you for nine years."
"Please," I rolled my eyes. "I got enough of that during my agent days. Even my wife won't spare me?"
"I need something to get even with that stupid nickname you came up with at the Academy," she teased.
I grinned. "I didn't come up with it. Besides, you didn't mind when I called you that back then..."
She scowled. "Ams, last time I checked, I'm not a hawk. And at thirty-four, I'm a bit old to be a girl." Her scowl faded a little, "When you could call me that, I was eighteen."
I backed off somewhat. "All right."
I looked around again, pleasant memories flooding back. The surge of memories triggered a nostalgic sigh. "Remember how we met?"
"At the Academy? Or Naboo?"
"The Academy."
She smirked. "Yeah, I remember that. I couldn't stand you at all back then," she chortled. "If someone told me that day I would end up with you..."
I laughed. "Yeah. Hell, you tried to kill me a few weeks later."
"Nah, not really. Besides, look at the good that came from trying to run you through," Shayera chuckled.
"You broke your leg and dislocated your shoulder, and smashed three of my ribs and my left arm," I noted. "We were stuck in the infirmary for nine weeks."
"And all you did was whine about missing your classes and training. And you would've kept it up to, if hadn't I told you stop acting like a sniveling child and shut up," she smiled.
"Among other things."
"Yeah," she smirked. "That first year was hell, though. Harrassed by the other cadets, singled out by instructors... If not for you, Ams, I don't think I would've made it."
"Well, you pulled me through plenty of hard times, too."
She shrugged. "Hey, what're friends for?"
I smiled. "What about our first kiss? Remember that?"
"Which first kiss? Graduation, Relias, the gym of the Terminator, our wedding... Pick a first," she grinned.
"Graduation?"
Shy chuckled. "Yeah, just after we left the main auditorium..."
Now it came back. "That one doesn't count. I mean the first real one, not a friendly peck on the cheek," I teased.
That drew a laugh. "Then Relias. Not bad for a first kiss, either," she winked. "It was just before the first time we--well, you were there, obviously."
I nodded. "You obviously recall that," I grinned.
"Yeah. First time I ever saw reclining seats in a speeder. It's funny that I remember that even though we were both a little drunk, too," Shy snickered.
"Didn't mean I loved you any less."
Shy reached across the table and took my hand. "Can I say something and you won't get offended?"
"What's that?" I asked.
"You were pretty lousy in bed then," she smirked.
I burst into laughter. "Maybe I was holding out on you," I teased.
"Uh-huh," she nodded skeptically. "Don't worry about it anymore, though. Maybe something good did come out of all those women," she joked.
I groaned at her. Suddenly, a familiar form caught my eye.
"Oh no..."
Not her. Damn it, she saw me. Please don't come over, please--ARGH!
"Ams? Ams Jendob?" asked the tall woman. Her ice blue eyes swept over me as her long and voluminous sable hair hung around her shoulders.
Shayera turned at the sound of the female voice. "Who's asking?"
The newcomer gave Shayera a dirty look. "Back off, birdie. Him and I go way back."
Oh, shit...
"Oh, yeah? And how far is that?"
"Seven years. Now, go find someone else to flirt with," came the cold reply. Then she turned to me as she sidled up to the table. "Geez, Ams. I guess you've really let your standards slip since--"
She was cut off in midsentence as Shayera drove her elbow into the interloper's stomach. The brunette doubled over as Shayera stood up calmly.
"Now, you have to the count of three to beat it, Dollface," Shayera said matter-of-factly, "before I kick your ass halfway to the next Galaxy."
The downed woman coughed, and rasped, "I guess he's already had you, too."
Then she lashed out, trying to trip Shayera. Very, very bad move. Shy jumped over her swinging leg, then reached down to grab her by the front of her jacket and hoist her into the air. Then Shayera looked over at me. "Ams, care to fill me in?"
"Uh," I stammered. "Shayera, Diana Cropht. Di, Shayera Hol."
"A frackin' pleasure," Diana squeaked. "Can you tell your latest date to put me down?"
Shayera's emerald eyes glared into the other woman's sapphire-hued orbs. "Let's just get one thing straight, Dollface. I'm not his date. I'm his wife."
With that, her fist opened, and Diana fell in a heap, gasping for breath from getting the wind knocked out of her.
"By the way," Shayera said coyly. "Nice to meet you, Diana."

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: