Praesitlyn - StarteK Industries
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Praesitlyn - StarteK Industries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Praesitlyn - StarteK Industries

It was nice to have her office finished. Or at least usable. The headquarters of the now semi-operational StarteK Industries, a previously owned but refurbished building, was not the prettiest thing to look at, but it was functional.

Nora Stark sat in the chair behind her desk. Originally, Nora had been considering the construction of a brand new building. She had reconsidered in on a second thought of the issue, in which she included the cost of such a building.

”Ah, well. It’s only a matter of time.”

With everyone at each other’s throats, it was only a matter of time before someone went to war with someone else. Until then, it was only natural that there would be an arms build up. If everything went well, it would be the perfect chance for her new company to blossom. She only hoped that she could get her new company fully up and running in time.

“Speaking of which…”

While she had nearly finalized her main R&D team, she had yet to have a proper meeting with the group to discuss what they had been hired to do – research and design her companies’ products. That was about to change.

”And it starts…”

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries

Last edited by Space Jawa on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

It was a short drive from the main office building by landspeeder to the main R&D facility, another temporary inconvenience. She could have chosen to have the meeting at headquarters, but having the team in their own area would hopefully let the meeting run smoother, put them more at ease. This building, like the building she had left, was nothing too fancy, but it was functional. And that was all she needed for the time being.

R3-B

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

As she pulled up and parked at the R&D facility, she saw that Jerry Tak’ch, her assistant, was already waiting for her. Jerry, a man she had known for a number of years now, was really only an assistant in the lightest sense. He was more of a coordinator, someone to see to the smaller details of the company. While that didn’t amount to much yet, Nora saw it as something that would be necessary eventually if she achieved what she wanted to, and had dealt with it as soon as she could.

“What do we have on the Gallofree designs?”
“Nothing yet. It’s still ongoing, could go either way at this point.”

Currently, his main job was overseeing attempts to secure the rights to some designs that could help the company get going while waiting on its own, original products. It had yet to yield any fruit, so the negotiations had been postponed for a couple days to give both sides plenty of time to think up and rest.

“There has to be something else they want. We need to find out what that is, and if we can’t give it to them, try to find a way to get them to go with a substitute. I’m surprised they haven’t agreed already. They went bankrupt. They haven't made any new ships in years. It’s not like they have anything to loose.”
“That's probably why they’re holding out.”
“Perhaps. And perhaps it's time that we gave them something to loose.”

R3-B

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries

Last edited by Space Jawa on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

The last member of the design staff walked into the room to find the rest of the team plus his new boss.

“You’re five, no, 6 minutes late.” Nora stated, looking at her chrono “I sincerely hope this does not become a habit.”
“Sorry, I got caught up in…” He attempted to reply
“Especially when it’s me coming to your building.” She cut him off. Excuses.
“Uh, understood. I promise it won’t happen…”

“I hope so.” She cut him off again. It was a generic excuse, and she didn’t want to hear it. She sincerely hoped that he didn’t make his tardiness a habit. Or at least made it worthwhile. She would hate to have to fire him. She walked to the middle of the room and began the meeting.

R3-B

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject:

“That definitely could have gone better.”

Stark hadn’t said a word from the time she had left her office to when she had sat down at her desk.

“Really?” Replied Tak’ch. “I thought it actually didn’t go all that bad.”
“Is that so?” Her eyes widened as she looked back at him. “Mind sharing this insight with me?”
“I’m not exactly sure how much there is to…”
BZZZZZZ

“Excuse me for a moment.” She said as she answered the desk comm. “Yes?”
“Ms. Stark, we have just received word that the Gallofree negotiators have contacted us and have agreed to the last negotiated terms. As soon as the contract is signed, Startek will have full production and design right to all Gallofree Yard designs.”
“Wonderful. Inform them that I wish to get the contract signed ASAP.”
“Understood.”

She clicked off the comm.

“It’s nice to have some good news.” She stood up from her chair. “I’ll have to get R&D working on improving the Gallofree designs as soon as they’ve finished with their current projects.”
“Until then, you have something you can sell. Let’s just hope that Startek is able to do better than Gallofree.”
“I have few, if any, doubts about it.”

R3-B

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

The room was quiet.

”Good”

Plenty of room to concentrate. And plenty of room to move around. The room, modified and located in the basement of StarteK headquarters, was sealed off from the outside world. Only a couple doors and an intercom connected Nora Stark to the outside. There were no recorders, and no windows. Just what Nora wanted. Leaving her with plenty of concentration.

Her Shi’ido origins were not known to many. By design, she led most people to believe her to be human. Only a select few knew what she really was. And only because she trusted them to keep it a secret. Which limited that number to the single digits.

Using the gifts that came with being a member of her species, she changed into a gundark, and began to perform a version of the martial arts modified in such a way that such an animal could perform them, if it were intelligent enough to learn them. To any observer, the moves she made would look clumsy, but with the strength and ferocity of the gundark, such moves could be very dangerous.

Her family would no doubt be looking down upon her right now if they knew what she had accomplished. Which was something she thought of as sad. Her relatives had been among those that felt that no shi’ido should leave their homeworld, part of the extreme side of the spectrum of the species isolationist policy. She felt sorry for those people.

Changing to an acklay, she began a new set of moves, ones that worked well with her current form. Like her previous form, they only added to the deadliness of the beast.

”Deadly, but for whom?”

Not agreeing with her parents on the issue, she had stowed away on a visiting ship. A ship that other shi’idos had then scared off. From there…it had helped shape her into who she was.

Another species, another set of moves, this time for a Rancor. She could only stretch herself so much, and this was reaching the far edges of it. For now. She had been able to push herself further, larger, more extremely over time, through practice, through pushing herself farther.

She had also worked to learn more about the species of the galaxy, searching for more dangerous, more powerful, more deadly animals she could use. She had naturally assumed some of her favorites, including a new one, the terentatek.

She assumed the form of the fearsome beast, pushing the limits of the animals body. She had only in the not too distant past learned about the beast, and was amazed by its potential. Its ability to counter jedi moves. Or sith attacks. Something she desperately wanted.

”I have only to learn how to use it properly.”

It was part of her overall, long-term plan, a plan that StarteK only was the first step in.

Reverting back to her regular, human shaped form, she finished the workout with traditional combat moves, and then warmed down.

”I’ll need to get some droids in here at some point.”

For now, that would wait. Finishing her workout, she opened the doors to the room and proceeded to head for a shower.

R3-B

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Praesitlyn - StarteK Industries
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: