Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Night 2 - Galaxy Ball

The short walk from the speeder garage to the massive building that was serving as the ballroom was rather enjoyable in the crisp, clear air of a Coruscant summer's night. At the main entrance were two IntelForce guards, resplendent in their new, polished, dusky armor, over snowy dress uniforms with crimson trim. They also carried full armament, except grenades.
I nodded to each. "Master Sergeant, Staff Sergeant."
They nodded behind their transparisteel viewplates. "M'lord. If you would kindly walk through the scanner?"
I did so, and cleared. The scanners were quite sensitive, designed to pick out weapons, toxins, explosives, Adegan crystals, binary explosives and toxins, Phrik and cortosis objects, and the imaging scanner could determine if the subject was carrying a bladed weapon.
The rest of the party walked through, though the diamond necklace I bought Shayera for her birthday set off the alarm. The two troopers quickly adjusted the scanner to filter out carbon in the particular lattice structure.
"Leave it to me, I guess," she had sighed lightheartedly as she went back through.

The atmosphere inside the ball was a welcome change from the night before and this morning. Of course, the birth of triplets to Luke Skywalker had helped to offset the double-murder and execution of earlier.
Our party had arrived early, so attendance was still sparse. I just hoped there'd be no more speeches or pulling of guns tonight. It was a bloody ball, not a political rally or battlefield.

Sorry, Arlyn... they made me do it. Joke

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue May 30, 2006 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject:

”I’m not so sure I want you to be able to see things as if you were in my head. It’s bad enough sometimes with the way I have to deal with him in my head.”
”In your head? I am your head.”
”Nobody asked you. So give me a very good reason why we should try it.”
”As I said before, I have been thinking about this idea for a while now. Seeing that your one eye is fully integrated with the droid section of your body, this would allow me to see what is going on around you and gain information I otherwise wouldn’t have. If, say, today had gone differently, I would have known what had happened to you, providing me with some sort of means of rescuing you easier.”
”You don’t think we could just install comms or something?
"If hooked up to your mechanical ear, this would allow for both image and sound, and would not be as obvi…please hold your position for a moment."

Drake and R3-B has recently gotten out of the speeder garage and were on their way to the main building. Drake was now wearing his formal outfit, and looking much better than he had the previous night, while R3 was still as clothed as he had been when he had been built.

”What do you see?”

”Take a look at the doors. Looks like they are scanning people this time.” The droid pointed at the two guards and the people that were entering.
Drake used the scanners on his droid eye to get a better view. ”Looks like they don’t want a repeat of this morning. Not good.”
”Stupid saberboy. Way to ruin a perfectly unsecured event.”
”Shutup.”

He thought for a moment.

“This is very bad. After this morning, who knows what kind of scanners they have.”

”Who cares? Sneak in a side door or something.”
”Side door, bad idea. Probably have anti-intruder systems. That and I don’t think they’d appreciate seeing us inside when we didn’t use the front door.”
”So what other options do we have.”

Drake pulled R3 back towards the speeder garage some as he tried to think. He wasn’t so worried about himself as R3. He had not only taken precautions to try to make his retracted wrist blaster look like it was part of the mechanics of the arm when he had installed it, but for this event he had both put in place a system to deactivate the blaster and take out some of the less-vital parts, which he currently held in his pocket. He felt pretty confident that the blaster in his arm would remain hidden. It was R3’s glop grenade launcher in his hind quarters, or more specifically the grenades themselves, that worried him.

“I’m sorry I have to do this.”

”As sorry as you were about the arm?”
”This will be a lot less harmful to you. I’m simply going to take out your grenades.
”Oh sure, leave me defenseless, why don’t you.”

”Defenseless? Is he forgetting our arm? Let me smack him once.”
”No.”

“Look, I’m just going to take them out, put them in a hidden location where we can retrieve them later. The launcher will still work. I’m hoping that they won’t be able to detect, or if they can, won’t worry about only that.”

”I’m so going to get you for all this.”
”Understood.”

The two walked into the speeder garage and found a plant that looked like it offered sufficient hiding room. Then, when they thought no one was looking, Drake unloaded R3’s glop grenades and hid them in the plant. Both of them remembering where they parked their grenades, the two headed back to the building.

”So what if they still detect it?”
”We hope that isn’t the case and if it is, we try to convince them we’re no harm.”
”And if that doesn’t work, we find something to shoot them with.”
”You’re just full of violence recently, aren’t you?”
”Pent up. It’s been too long since we killed and/or hunted something something."

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject:

Luke was in his quarters, gently bouncing his son in his arms while Nicole fed the two girls. "We should think of names." He said to his finance, "Something... sentimental."
Nicole laughed slightly, "Well, I hear it's traditional to use the mothers name..."
Luke smiled, "Well I did have one suggestion for this little one." He looked down at his son, "How would you feel about being named Ben?"
The boy just gurgled in his arms.
Luke smiled, "I think he likes it."
Nicole nodded, "And for these two I was thinking Padme Leia and Mina Salla."
Luke started walking around with his son in his arms, "I like them." he said nodding.
Nicole looked between the two sleeping girls, "Which one's which though?"
Luke laughed lowering his Ben into his cot, "The one on the left is Mina, the one on the right is Padme."
Nicole nodded then paused, "My left or your left?"
Luke smiled, "yours dear."
Nicole grinned and carefully laid the two girls in their respective cots, "Luke.. about Jasmine."
Luke turned to her, "I'd rather not talk about it if it's all the same to you Nikki."
Nicole shook her head, "It's not just about her, it's about your Order."
Luke frowned, "Only myself and Jase left... not much of an order to start with though was it?"
Nicole walked over to her man and wrapped her arm around his waist, pulling him closer, "What're you going to do?"
Luke shrugged as he held Nicole, "Well, it's not just the Order that is over... Phoenix is without a C.E.O. and until Jandon's will is read they'll be out of business..."
Nicole shook her head, "but that's not your problem is it? The NJO is."
Luke rested his head on her shoulder, "I'll just have to tell Jase that Yoogle is his new master. I can't go on like this."
Nicole nodded, "I understand... what will we do?"
Luke frowned slightly, "We should go into a sabbatical... on Tatooine. I need to practice and better myself. And we can take care of this kids safely there."
Nicole pressed her head against Luke's chest, "Sounds like a plan to me."
Luke looked over to the beeping console, Jandon's will was about to be announced on public comm.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

Thanates Scyntor strode through the security sweeps, handing over the worn vibroblade at his belt most willingly. With the Grand Marshal detained, the Colonel-General of Stormtroopers became the representative of the Imperial Military. His immaculately cut silver tuxedo contrasted rather pleasantly with his dark skin, a thick cigar sticking out over the breast pocket.

He smiled as he looked around at the nearly empty gathering area. With a coded tap to his shoulder, he indicated to the Imperial security personel that a warrant had been issued for Gavin Onasi, on the charge of fleeing the scene of a crime, obstruction of justice, and failure to obey Imperial security protocols. Ne saw the subtle nods, and smiled again as he took a seat, looking towards the doors.

His gaze lingered on the being seeming to sit in a far corner. The way the mans shoulders were angled, and the way his head was tilted as if listening to a voice that wasn't there immediately raised Scyntor's guard... his fingers drummed against the table, but even that motion was a warning to watch the man. Whatever the situation, he was not one to be taken lightly, and was a potential security risk.

Thanates had agreed to serve in an official capacity, so he had to be on his best behavior as an Imperial representative. Even though he didn't have Jax's penchant for creating public nuisances, he had to consider the political ramifications of his actions. Being a fighter, though, it was uncomfortbale and mentaly exhausting, and he vowed to pace himself.
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Folks...after this post it's going to be hard for me to post regularly, but I'll try anyway Smile
The three bounty hunters - 4-LOM, Murgth'a, and Targulla the Hutt - arrived once more for the evening's festivities. Yet something seemed different...perhaps it was the increase of security or a tough looking barve who was chatting with the stormtroopers. Whatever it was, Targulla was unsettled by it all. After passing through the scanners, Targulla pulled 4-LOM aside for a moment.
"There's been rumors," she said quietly, "of an assassin at today's lunch. What do you think?"
"To be honest, I don't know. I heard that the Empire called a hit on Skywalker, but that can't be true." 4-LOM fell silent for a moment. "My advice is to stay low for now, but organize what hunters we have here. If there's a fight, someone has to be crowd control."
Targulla nodded slightly and smiled. "Come, let's just try to get along."
"For the moment..."

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Tue May 30, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

As Boba stepped into the ball area, checking his weapon with the security detail, and then walking through the scanners, and into the actual ball room. Only a few people had arrived, and he was sure Jase would be one of the latest to the party.

Scanning the room, he saw the man he had recognized from the bar, earlier that day. Thanates Scyntor. He had finally remembered the name. He then saw his target, standing close to 14 meters away. He would not kill him. Not now, anyway. For now, he would observe him.

Walking over, and out of the way, he went to find a drink, and to wait for Jase.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jase Denora
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Jase entered the security checkpoint, his simple, black formal attire had nowhere to hide a weapon. He had, of course, left his lightsaber in the room. He didn't trust the Imperials, ever. He got through the checkpoint and immediately noticed Fett at the bar. What was his game? Erics and Sarafina would be along shortly, they were still getting into their formal wear. Jase sat at the bar, far from Fett, but not too far. His formal wear was simple and all black, his hair tied back with a small, metallic ribbon. He ordered a Corellian ale and watched the small number of people in the room through emotionless eyes, waiting.

Jase Denora
Jedi Knight, Member of the GA, all around smexy badass.

Erics Renaul
Ward of Jase Denora

Death is a beautiful thing.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Kyp slowly walked through the surcurity checks letting the Imperials take their time because of the recent accident. As he passed the final checkpoint Kyp brushed his hand through his hair and made sure it was properly done.

Walking to a table Kyp sat down with a flop. He was pretty tired and he ached, as he had gotten no sleep due to training. Only thing that was keeping him awake was the occasional rubbing of the eyes and a cold shower which he had taken three hours ago.

Once again like the last time he came into an event he scanned the room. An Imperial Officer, Boba Fett, a Jedi or force sensitive he didn't know, some bounty hunters.

Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

After hearing the news that had transpired earlier, Han was glad they left the buffet when they did. Han had originally thought it was misfortune that he had run into that bitch of a security chief, but the woman may have kept him from the real trouble. She may not have intended it, but she actually did Han a favor. Well, a small favor at least. There was still Leia's wrath.

Upon returning to the hotel room for the afternoon, Leia pulled out all stops and let loose on Han. She was none too happy with his behavior(or the others), but it was still justified in his mind. Putting the winged bitch and her squire in their place made up for the verbal abuse issued by Leia. But it didn't make up for the silent streak that insued afterwards and continued even to this point.

Han and Leia passed through the security checkpoint side by side, but silent. They had not spoken to each other since their little blow-out after breakfast and as a result, both were in an irritable mood. It wasn't helping the situation any that Han was forced to wear this damn formal tux. Every few minutes resulted in him tugging at the collar or pulling uncomfortably at the cuffs and length of the jacket.

This kept up until Leia took notice of it and slapped him in the side to stop. It didn't go completely unnoticed as the guards at the check-point began to snicker as they waved them through. Han sneered at them upon passing and rather roughly, took Leia's arm into his as they entered the main ballroom. They had to keep up appearances afterall, or that's what Leia so oftenly preached. Han just rolled his eyes at the thought and led Leia into the room.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

The Pallanén sisters sped into the Galaxy Ball, Alatáriël strolling in front of the trio. Her eyes soared over the current guests but her eyes flashed immediately to the Commander-in-Chief. Arlyn turned and glanced at both of her sisters, "This will only take a second." They nodded and followed her.

They each cornered the older man and Arlyn looked into his eyes, "Commander Solo, forgive my attitude this morning." She paused for the effect, "I suggest in the future you respect my judgement and allow me to perform my duties. Despite what Lucious said the other day, I believe you are a smart man. You can be powerful in will and give the Galactic Alliance a worthy figure head, when you want to be. We're on the same side, Han, and I hope we realize that." Leia was nearby and the Security Chief looked at her, "You look amazing, Madame." The Pallanén triple smiled and agreed, she was simply stunning. They strode past the Solo couple and onwards towards their next 'target'.

Jaini whispered, "See the look on his face?" Arlyn grinned and whispered back, "Priceless." They giggled, almost childlike, then proceeded towards Ams Jendob.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid

Last edited by Arlyn on Tue May 30, 2006 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

After the fiasco at the buffet, I had returned to my room to get ready for the night ahead. I hated tuxedos...they never seemed to fit right.

I was always more comfortable in either the bridge of a warship, the cockpit of a starfighter, or wearing armor with a rifle in my hands.
After struggling with the collar for several minutes I left for the ball.

As I entered the Ball after checking my weapons with the security, I noticed several people. The bounty hunter, Boba Fett, Alliance Commander in Chief Han Solo, Security Chief Arlyn, and Supreme Moff Jendob.
As I walked past I gave a nod to Han Solo.
He looks to be in a rather bad mood...after what happened earlier I guess it's to be expected.

I did notice Arlyn walking straight for Jendob...
Uh oh...from what I've read on the holonet, she doesn't talk to Jendob unless she wants to complain about something.

There was someone I hadn't noticed before...Thanates Scyntor, the Colonel General of the Stormtroopers...I'd heard alot about this guy, and from what I did hear, I respected him.

You know what, I do have a few things to talk to the Moff about. And I might be able to get front row seats to another shouting match should it arise.
I walked towards the Supreme Moff...half expecting somebody to start yelling at any second.

Commodore Kalydon Skirata--Venator Black Star

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

— Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Kyp kept eyeing about the ballroom, his attention turned to Arlyn who was headed towards the Moff. Kyp immeadiatly stood upwards, he was un-official security so being on guard was something he thought he could do.

He walked towards the Moff too but cut his walk short when he stopped at a pillar. Fixing his tie Kyp watched for a little, again feeling odd being a Jedi in such a social setting. Placing his hands over each other he then walked a little closer....close enough the hear an arguement which may come up.

Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Han stood frozen in place and gaped at the retreating backs of the three winged women. Was that just an apology he heard from her? After the fiasco this morning, he thought for sure his relationship with the Security Chief would be hit and miss from now on. He expected nothing like this. He would have one last laugh, though.

Pressing his lips into a thin line and glancing down at Leia for a moment, Han began to weave through the growing crowd in the direction the three women had gone. When he finally caught up to them, he tapped on Arlyn's shoulder to grab her attention. The woman whirled around toward him, a surprised expression etched on her face upon seeing him.

"You know," he started, his face serious. "I never expected that from you. But you know what? Maybe you ain't so bad. I guess I had you figured wrong. So, uh...I'm sorry too." With those final words, Han moved in closer and planted a kiss on the Security Chief's lips. Of course he didn't really mean it, but it would draw a good laugh.

As quickly as he had moved in, Han broke it off with a huge smirk on his face. "How's that for an apology?" he inquired of her with a devilish look in his eye. Satisfied with the situation, Han began to move away from the group of women and back toward where Leia was waiting. "See ya around, Chief!" he called with a wave of his hand before turning his back on her.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén touched her lips as the Commander-in-Chief turned away and she looked at Jaini and Keirail. Their reactions were a mix of laughter and confusion and the look on Leia Organa Solo's face did not assist in the matters. Immediately the trio turned and walked up towards the stagnant Jendob and his wife. The thanagarian sisters took their formal greetings, then Arlyn spoke. "Exarch, I wanted to apologize for everything that happened between us since Naboo. I wanted a mutual friendship, not a rivalry. I did, however, get you a little something..." Arlyn pulled a small holo-card. As Arlyn handed it to red-head the screen flashed to 'Congratulations'. The device also carried a pre-paid luxury trip for three, Ams, Shayera, and the child to the Alliance vacation world of Manaan.

"I wish I could do more, but frankly, it is the thought that counts. I doubt you would actually visit Manaan, but I know credits, vessels, droids, and any other service would be irrevelant. If you need me, please do not hesitate to send a holo." And with that she flashed the Supreme Moff a geniune smile, "You'll be an excellent father, Ams, don't let anyone change that." Arlyn, along with her sisters, exchanged a formal bow and were off to the center table. She would begin the last dinner...awaiting for a few more guests to arrive before starting the opening speech.

Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

The Grand Master, after the mess from the Hotel Imperial had been cleared, had returned to his room and re-entered meditation. Jasmine had been killed moments before Yoogle could arrive at the scene, the elevators postponing his arrival by mere minutes. His soul ached for the lost Jedi, but upon entering meditation he learned Jasmine lost control of the Force before Carnor had attacked.

The Dark Side of the Force held its ground at the galactic capital, the scar of the Jedi Temple grew ever more with Jasmine's loss. The small Master contemplated the magnitude this would have across the galaxy, as parents would cling to their children with abilities. Seeing the fate of such an innocent and predominant child, would shake many.

The Grand Master opened his life and eyes to the galaxy at large, as he viewed from a third perspective. He casually zoomed over the cosmos in a type of mental, spiritual state. His mind recreating images he had seen or witnessed and put them together like a massive jigsaw puzzle. He located the planet of Nespis, something stirred in the Force. Evil.

Yoogle skimmed again, until finally returning to the galactic power sphere of Coruscant. Grand schemes laid ahead, though most of them foiled by the impressive display of Imperial security. Though their brutalities had yet to be revealed and proven, Yoogle felt something existed or did not exist. Peace. Was it truly hanging on the very tip of a Gornish needle?

Yoogle withdrew back into his mind and slowly opened his eyes. The question of peace always existed; the matters and actions of the present would affect the answer, but never change the question.

Yoogle appeared in the entrance of the Galaxy Ball, formally dressed in the best tuxedo attire for his size. He had purchased a modified human child's tux, which fit relatively well. As Yoogle approached the security outputs, the sly aide of Lucious passed through, still wearing the mask of Nihilus. The impressions past, haunted Yoogle slightly, seeing the mask as a remnant of the Sith’s power. Yoogle quickly passed the many scanners and managed to catch up with the boy.

"Strange presence around you, there is." Yoogle stated causing the boy to stop. The Grand Master peered through the Force then stopped, his heart beating faster, "Impossible, it is! Cheated death, have you?!"

"Master Yoogle, all things are possible. And you should never believe the holo-reports." the sly reply came and he disappeared into the crowd.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Calias Ketra, Vice Supreme Chancellor [DECEASED]
 Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Overseer of Alliance Diplomacy, Lucious Victorinox, entered the grand halls of the Imperial Palace. He was formally dressed in the finest tuxedo credits could buy in this humble galaxy of his. The Imperial security, though annoyingly active this night, cleared the diplomatic leader. He made his way, passing a somewhat surprised Jedi Master on his entrance.

"Master Yoogle, it seems you have seen a ghost." Lucious grinned. Secretly, Lucious thought, Yoogle must've found the true identity of Lucious's aide. An impressive Jedi Master, to be sure, but Lucious sped past him.

As he made his way into the Galaxy Ball, it was nearly filled to a packed state. The bimbos of the previous night were now formally dressed and new faces had emerged. Lucious found his band of powerful political figures and speared his way towards the table. Jack and Irina, several minutes later, appeared causing Lucious to stop and nod in their direction.

Irina was stunning to be sure, but both of his close friends were oddly dressed in their formal wear. It seems Thanagar had a bit trouble adapting to such occasion on short notice. Lucious changed his course, it seemed he had a special seat at the Pallanén table....
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Kyp turned from the group of people around Arlyn and walked towards Yoogle. He had felt him once he had gotten inside the building, though that was not a bad thing. Eventually after dodging a few people while traveling through a crowd he came to Yoogle.

As a person who was of normal stature Kyp somewhat laughed inside, seeing his Master in a suit was very......odd. Kneeling down Kyp looked around the room a little and then brought his attention to Master.

"Master Yoogle, nice to see you came." he said in a almost mocking tone, though inside he was trying to take attention away from the death of Jasmine which occured earlier.

Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

It was definitely turning out to be an interesting evening. Drake sat at the bar and watched as people moved about, wondering what would happen once the night was over. R3 was not so happy.

The two had managed to get through security, but not without causing a little bit of commotion. Drake had had R3 go through first, and unfortunately, his grenade launcher had been discovered. It was only after he had been able to assure them that he didn’t have anything to fire, by letting them personally look the droid over, and attaching a restraining bolt to him to turn him off should anything happen, that the droid was allowed to continue in. It hadn’t helped matters at all that the launcher had previously been unregistered. He wasn’t sure if they would have been able to detect his currently inoperative arm blaster, or what they would have done had they detected it, as Drake had used the commotion from R3 to sneak through without a thorough look-at. Something that he was incredibly thankful for.

Unfortunately, he also had to deal with the now sulking droid.

“Oh come on, cheer up, will ya?”

”Easy for you to say. You aren’t the one who could be turned off at any moment. I tell you, I am marking this down in my memory. You owe me big time for this.”
”Hey, it could be a lot worse.”
”Or a lot better.”
”I didn’t ask you.”

He watched as Solo and the winged speaker had nearly an opposite conversation of earlier in the day, then thought about how much blander it looked with everyone wearing slight variations of the exact same thing. That, and he was uncomfortable.

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

Master Yoogle watched Kyp Durron approach as if in slow motion as the Force gave him a revelation. Two shadow images fought at the Hotel Imperial, one of them was a skilled Bounty Hunter, the best of his kin. The other was a... droid?Yoogle turned to 4-LOM, something was going to happen to this droid...

Kyp approached and after he had kneeled down to the Jedi's height he almost mocked, "Master Yoogle, nice to see you came." Yoogle gave a quick nod then cut his apprentice off, "Open your mind, you must. Keep your eyes for an attacker, we will." He paused scanning the room with his eyes, yet because of the major height difference, didn't get a good look at faces, "Warn the Jedi." Yoogle then opened his mind and communicated with Kyp Durron mentally.

"Clouded the future is, but warn the bounty hunters of Arlyn, we must." Yoogle informed his apprentice, "Warn them of a possible attacker, and aware they will be."

Grand Master Yoogle gave his apprentice a final glance, then the two immediately departed. Yoogle began to walk towards Jase Denora, but something occured in the Force. A vision. The Grand Master closed his eyes, as it enveloped around him. The voices of the Galaxy Ball were replaced but the furious emotions of Jase as he swung viciously at the equally equipped attacker....

The threat of Darth Avaritus was closer than ever. Yoogle felt Jase needed to be warned, but the dark jedi was hiding something. Not wanting to alert the man of Yoogle's prowess, the short master would operate with a close eye on the individual.

As Yoogle continued to walk he passed the clone replica and the Force tiggled as he passed. Yoogle stopped suddenly as the flashback of Calias Ketra's death. Geonosis. Boba Fett and Jase Denora had worked together to kill that man...

Yoogle slowly turned around, using the Force to mentally scan the man's mind. His emotions were well prepared for such a simple mind trick, so Yoogle began a conversation. "Jaster, your name is?"

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

Boba didn't hestitate one second as he smiled, and turned to face the small Jedi. He had anticipated a meeting with one of the Jedi, but not Yoogle. This brought up certain complications. He went through his normal exercises when meeting a Jedi. His mental barriers went up, and he began thinking of his role, thinking like the person he was supposed to be, fooling even himself temporarily into thinking that he was who he claimed to be.

"Indeed. Jaster Mereel. What can I do for you, Master Jedi?"
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

The Grand Master, through the Force, felt something cast into the shadows of his mind. He was more experienced than he was leading on. Yoogle was quiet, but considering the entire room, his mind withdrew so it was mentally over the entire area. Especially on Kyp. Yoogle was guarding his apprentice, whether Kyp had felt his presence or not. A single touch, would result in the most powerful defense Yoogle knew. Very few items in the galaxy would be able to stop it.

"Look familiar, you do." Yoogle pointed with his fingers and mentally eyed Denora to sense his emotions. Not all could hide their feelings and true intent, at least not for long. So if Yoogle could keep the covnersation, especially keeping the man's attention tied... "To the Galaxy Ball, what brings you?"

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

Boba frowned, and said, "I've been working so long, I haven't really been able to enjoy myself. I've never been to a ball such as this, and decided it might be interesting to go. And yes, I supposed I do look familiar to one who lived through the Clone Wars. I'm a clone. When the ARC troopers at Kamino went rogue, I was taken out of the cloning cylinders before my genes were altered. I grew at a normal rate. My...Father, I guess I could call him, did not have such a luxury, and died 4 years after fleeing Kamino, and taking me to Dantooine. From there, I grew up with a foster family. The rest is, as they say, history."

Boba knew the story well, and had told it many times. The records he was able to find indicated an ARC Trooper stole an undeveloped clone from Kamino, but didn't say where the trooper took the clone, nor what had happened to them. If Yoogle checked the story, or even knew it, he would check out. Hopefully.

"And what brings you, a Jedi, to the Galaxy Ball? It was my understanding that Jedi don't like to indulge in such public events."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Scyntor rose to greet the dignitaries as he entered, offering them one by one a firm handshake and a smile, though his presence would certainly be intimidating. His deep voice rumbled as he offered his greetings to all that entered, his eyes continually sweeping the area. He was on the lookout for Onasi; he knew the man was not going to be pleased with the warrant on his head.

He took a flute of Coruscanti champagne from a passing server's tray, and tok a sip. He rolled his shoulders underneath the silver tuxedo, eyes slipping closed for just a moment as he intentionally stayed away from Jaster and Yoogle. He had not heard the words and thus did not know the conversation, but he did know that if lies were being fed, his thoughts would give them away.

Rather, he walked over to the band and leand over towards the bandleader. A low rumble of his voice, barely audible, and the man nodded before motioning to one of his performers. Two sticks suddenly sailed thrugh the air, and Scyntor, with a coiled backflip, seized them in midair and landed behind the drumset.

Not only was this an absolutely perfect observation point, it allowed Scyntor to truly relax as he had intended to during this event. He started a subtle rhythm, the ends of the sticks brushing the drumhead of the snare. The beat was barely noticeable, yet its pervasive undercurrents would soon have people moving in its time subconciously...
Commander

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén rose to her feet as the guest entrances began to die down. Her speech was shorter than the earlier night, but it touched on what many were thinking. She took a deep breath and then began, “If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are sentient beings, and we have faith, and we have hope. Our faith has been tested my beloved friends, but our very presence here proves that we have endured.” She blinked suddenly, the love stirring within her, “Over the years, we have lost our dearest loved ones, we have lost our officers, we have lost our comrades.” She took a look around the room, “When I see your faces, I do not see an Imperial, Alliance, bounty hunter, Jedi… I see people. People who have come together to celebrate the lives they hold and the very peace we have held for granted.”

She took out a small letter and looked up to Ams Jendob, “With some technological donations to the children of Alzoc III, I was able to receive this poem.” She cleared her her throat from the tears, her memory recalling the thousands of poems that were submitted but she picked this one,

“One SONG can spark a moment
One FLOWER can wake the dream
One TREE can start a forest
One BIRD can herald spring
One SMILE begins a friendship
One HANDCLASP lifts a soul
One STAR can guide a ship at sea
One WORD can frame the goal
One VOTE can change a nation
One SUNBEAM lights a room
One CANDLE wipes out darkness
One LAUGH will conquer gloom
One STEP must start each journey
One WORD must start a prayer
One HOPE will raise our spirits
One TOUCH can show you care
One VOICE can speak with wisdom
One HEART can know what is true
One LIFE can make a difference.”

The brown thanagarian eyes scanned the room, “Which one of these words are you?” she asked, “Are you the ‘touch’ that shows that you care? Are you the ‘laughter’ that conquers gloom or the ‘vote’ that changes a nation? Look into yourselves and you will find your answer.

“As the night unfolds, listen to those around you. Get to know them personally. Understand them. Not tactically, but emotionally. It is easy to become an enemy, but much harder to become a friend. Take this challenge. And let this night, be one of the best of our lives.” Alatáriël paused a smile forming on her face, “May the festivities begin and I welcome all of you tonight.”

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

"The Phantom of the Opera" is a magnificent tale that begins when an opera ghost terrorizes the cast and crew of the French Opera House while tutoring a chorus girl. He finally drives the lead soprano crazy so she and her friend leave. The girl is able to sing lead one night but the soprano doesn't want her show stolen so she comes back. The ghost demands they keep giving his protoge lead roles. Meanwhile, His pupil falls in love with the Vicomte de Chagny, but the Phantom is in love with Christine, his student. The Phantom is outraged by their love and kidnaps Christine to be his eternal bride. Will Raoul, the Vicomte, be able to stop this dastardly plan? Watch and find out…

(Christine) will be portrayed by [guest role] Alatáriël Pallanén
(Raoul) will be portrayed by Rodger Rodiquez; Special Guest!

Alatáriël Pallanén watched as the impressive display of service men and women appeared to hand out the elegant dishes of the prepared food. Just as the show was about to start, the kickoff of the Galaxy Ball, one of the manager’s approached Arlyn’s table, his voice panic-struck. “Lady Alatáriël!” he exclaimed, “Christine is nowhere to be found! This is a disaster!” the manager hissed.

Lucious Victorinox, with an odd smile, leaned in and suggested, “Arlyn, why don’t you play the part? You had an amazing voice when you were child, right Jack?” Arlyn's father agreed, yet encouraged his daughter to do what she felt was right. Looking nervously as the lights dimmed and the dramatic introduction began to play, Arlyn stepped up. Jaini squeezed her hand, just as she emerged and went backstage, the manager thanking the thanagarian for saving his career.

The play had started, the Lady of Geonosis’s appearance on the stage caused shock around the room, especially at such a prestige role. The thanagarian sang roughly at the start, her vocal cords adapting to the strenuous role, but as the melody and the singers continued, her voice became amazingly perfect and suited for the angel she portrayed.

The play continued, with amazing applause, whistles and bravoes, until the part where the singer, Rodger Rodiquez was to emerge and sing his love for the character, Christine, failed to show. The Thanagarian looked backstage as a ripple of confusion emerged over the Palace guests, just then a man emerged from the back stage, his voice sounding incredible and almost too perfect.

(Raoul)
No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears.
I'm here, nothing can harm you -
my words will warm and calm you.

Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears.
I'm here with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you...

Alatáriël, clearly intoxicated by this man’s familiar voice sang her part, the audience entranced by the stage performance. She also realized that he was wearing the mask from the previous night, Lucious’s aide and the man she had kissed after the last dance. Her voice filled the Imperial Palace as her heart pounded,

(Christine)
Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime...

Say you need me with you now and always...
Promise me that all you say is true -
that's all I ask of you...

(Raoul)
Let me be your shelter, let me be your light.
You're safe: No one will find you -
your fears are far behind you...

(Christine)
All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night... and you,
always beside me, to hold me and to hide me...

(Raoul)
Then say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime...
let me lead you from your solitude....

Say you need me with you here, beside you...
anywhere you go, let me go too –

Alatáriël, that's all I ask of you...

Arlyn looked at the man, his use of ‘Alatáriël’ instead of the character’s name ‘Christine’, Arlyn continued singing nonetheless,

(Christine)
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime...
say the word and I will follow you...

As Arlyn was in his arms, the Nihilus masked man moved his hands to his face and pulled away the mask. The warm and familiar facial features of Ryan Davad stared into her eyes. Her eyes leaked tears of both pain and joy as she grabbed his, “How…you…” Ryan tossed the mask aside, wrapping his arms around the gentle thanagarian and kissed her across the lips, the long desire disappearing from both of their bodies in that moment. Arlyn held him for a moment, when he released and kneeled to the floor.

He opened a jeweled box revealing a Thanagarian styled necklace. It was the formal tradition of a proposal. It was beautifully created, images were inscribed across the necklace that were some of their most romantic moments. His voice was sweet and made Arlyn’s knees buckle, “Alatáriël, Arlyn, will you marry me? I promise to love and share everyday with you.”

The audience hung in the moment waiting for the brunette’s reply. She collapsed to her knees, equalizing their height. Her hands skimmed his arms until they found his face. “Yes, Ryan Davad, I will marry you.” They kissed romantically, the musician and band instantly responding by the triumphant music as Ryan and Arlyn rose to their feet together to finish the song.

(Both)
Share each day with me,
each night, each morning...

(Christine)
Say you love me...

(Raoul)
You know I do...

(Both)
Love me - that's all I ask of you...

Anywhere you go let me go too...
Love me - that's all I ask of you...

The music ended in a fanastic array of applause. The curtains closed as the brunette Thanagarian held onto her lost love.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Kyp walked around the room, trying to spot Jedi. Only him, master, and the other were present. Watching the hands and eyes of on go-ers with precision he made his way into a corner. Tactically if he had to, he could immeadiatly run out the main entrance out into the security if needed and proceed back to the Hotel Imperial to grab his saber.

Soon Arlyn's speech came, again a great speech like the one from the Costume Ball. Kyp looked over the crowd to his master who was talking with an individual whom Kyp didn't know, but if master was talking to him it'd have to be important.

Kyp crossed his arms as he watched the crowd and began to try to mentally sweep them for signs of miscontent, though he had yet to develop this to an extreme like Master Yoogle had.

Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Nevin stepped into the room, uncomfortable in the rented suit. He hated it. He couldn’t wait until this whole ball was over. He could get off Coruscant and back to his job. With the…event taking place during the breakfast earlier in the morning, Nevin was pretty sure there were many other people feeling the same way.

However, it was evident that several people wanted to maintain the illusion of tranquility, whether for their own benefit or really for the benefit of the entire galaxy. Therefore, the ball would go on – unfortunately for Nevin.

Predictably, Salla was still in the room getting ready when Nevin had decided to go down without her. He just wanted to get this over with and get on with his life.

He surveyed the crowd as the play ended. If there was one person here that felt the same way, it was Solo. Nevin spotted him and proceeded to walk between the various peoples in the crowd. However, when he came within a few meters, Antilles began to rethink his decision to talk to Han…

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Leia Organa Solo was mad. It wasn’t like she had only one reason to be mad; she could be infuriated about the breakfast incident earlier, she could be mad about Cassie Mehan’s advances on Han the other night. She could also be mad at the fact that she had nearly forgotten to place her children in the nursery.

However, she was mad about Han’s latest stupid decision – if there was any other kind of decision her husband ever made, it was not revealed to her.

“What was that all about?” She said, voice tensely under control, but her face turning red.

Back to top »
Selena Heckler
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Sarafina sat enjoying herself, she ate her food and had her mind on things mostly Jase.

This has been so amazing, I wish they had something like that on Naboo

Sarafina thought as a smile came to her face as she continued to enjoy the festives.

Asrith Yeon

Last edited by Selena Heckler on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Luke was sIck and tired of this, first Jandon dies, then Jasmine, then Phoenix practically commits suicide. He had enough.
"Master Skywalker, Phoenix Corporation does not recognize your claim over us." A dull monotonous voice droned on and on over the wall com.
"Recognized or not the claim is still valid. Or would you rather I sent someone over to give you your instructions?" Luke looked back, clearly bored.
The man on the screen cracked a small smile, "and who would you send?"
"I have a friend that would be all to happy to put a blaster bolt through all your skulls. His name is Han Solo. I trust you've heard of him?" Luke smiled back.
The man shifted uneasily in his seat, "what do you want us to do Master Skywalker?"
Luke smiled inwardly, "I want you to lift the embargoes, give each of the affected governments and individuals 20% off and make a public apology. Then I want you to clear out your desks. If this does not happen by the end of the day all your redundancy packages are null." He paused slightly, "Am I understood?" His voice was raised only slightly, so as to not disturb the children in the next room.
The man was sweating profusely, "y-yes Master Skywalker, it will be done."
Luke deactivated the comlink and the screen went black.
"All sorted?" Nicole asked him from the door way.
"Yeah, hopefully the people aren't still angry." Luke scratched the back of his neck, "maybe I should have made it 50% off..."
Nicole shrugged, "I've got to stay here and look after the kids so if you want to go down..."
"If you're sure. OK, gimme a minute to finish getting dressed." Luke turned and picked up the neatly pressed top half of his formal outfit. As usual he was dressed from neck to toe in black, this time however it was black durasilk with electrum weave in the collar to give it a sparkle.
On his left hip was a circular holocom, on his right was bare and he felt almost naked without his lightsaber...
Luke chose to take the stairs down to the ball as they were only on the second floor, he opened the door to his suite and departed, closing it quietly behind him.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

How dare he leave without me, Salla fumed to herself as she passed the security checkpoint and entered the ballroom. Sure, it had taken her a little longer to get ready than Nevin, but at least the man could've waited!

She had picked out the perfect dress for the evening - a flowing, light pink halter dress with a white sash, high-heeled shoes and dangling earrings. Her hair was pulled back tightly and wrapped about the top of her head similar to a beehive. In short, she looked amazing. It was meant to be the perfect surprise for Nevin....but then he walked out.

Crossing her arms across her chest and scowling, Salla began to scan the room for Antilles. The crowd was growing thick and she just barely caught a hint of the top of his head on the other side of the room. Finally, she would be able to show off.

Salla set out across the room and just as she was about to approach Nevin, a server droid crossed her path and stopped her, forcing her to take some kind of drink. Salla raised her hand in disgust, trying to push the droid away but it was no use. She finally gave in and grabbed a glass of fine wine and began to sip it. The droid better not prompt her for credits or she would knock the mechanical being on the floor with her fist.

To her relief, the droid continued onward without consulting her further and disappeared into the crowd. Salla sighed and looked back in the direction she had seen Nevin, but when she scanned the area, he was gone.

Damn him! she screamed mentally to herself with a stomp of her foot. How elusive could one man be? First he walks out on her and now he disappears into a sea of people. This was turning into a real fun night. Downing the drink in one gulp, Salla turned back to the crowd to hunt down Antilles.

Last edited by Han Solo on Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Cassie walked through the guards and their stupid little scanners, making sure to leave her trusty knife with the goons. She hated being anywhere without it, especially with all of these trigger-happy Imps around.

The inside was a little better, though. People were just starting to arrive and there was a lot of buzz and chatter. And best of all, the Grand Jerk got demoted by the Chief of State herself. Cassie secretly wondered if he'd ever learn his lesson and stop taking cheap, and really crappy, shots at anything that moved.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Shayera looked at the card with suspicion as Pallanén walked away, while I puzzled over her comment. Let anyone ruin it...?
Shortly after, I saw a man talking to her, and seeming to give her an gift in the middle of a song and dance number.
"Shall we?" I asked Shayera, smiling warmly.
A playful smile crossed her lips. "Just remember... I'm not too flexible anymore."
And with that, I took her hand in mine and we walked onto the dance floor.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Han clapped unenthusiastically from his seat as the play Arlyn had presented ended. How much worse could this Ball get? Two cheesy and tongue in cheek speeches and now some sappy play in which some poor soul proposed to the Security Chief. Han pitied the man for wanting to marry a woman like that. He was in for a rough life.

Turning back to the table, Han crossed his arms over his chest and stopped at the expression on his wife's face. Perhaps Davad wasn't the only one in for a rough life. Sometimes Leia could take things so seriously. The question she posed confirmed that fact.

Han rolled his eyes. "Oh, relax, sweetheart," he drawled out, realizing this was the first time they had spoken since this morning. "It was all in good fun. She gave me her apology and I gave her mine. At least we're not at each other's throats anymore. Isn't that what you wanted?"

Han popped an hors d'oeuvre into his mouth and caught movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head slightly to see Antilles sauntering up to their table. Finally, someone he could relate to.

"'Bout time you showed up," Han smiled as he waved to an empty chair. "Have a seat. You can rescue me one more time from all of these diplomats."

Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

The replica of Jango Fett, whether this man accepted it or not, was no spawn of a clone. Yoogle watched as 4-LOM was alerted of a possible assasination, then Yoogle smiled as if taunting the man with knowledge and answered the man's question, "In a new age, the Jedi are." And with that, the Jedi Master physically left the being, as he made his way towards his assigned seat. The play was beginning to start as Arlyn had left her seat. He could sense fear and startled emotions. Apparently, she wasn't expecting to be on stage.

Yoogle approached his apprentice and before the young man could kneel, Yoogle used the Force to collect a nearby disk. It landed squarely at his feet and after the Jedi Master had stepped onto it, he used the Force to levitate himself into the air. His mind opened to the entire room, scanning the emotions and mental processes of all. It broke when the masked man, Yoogle had learned was Ryan Davad, revealed himself to the entire audience.

Yoogle smiled as the two embraced each other, the warm loving feelings was enough to set Yoogle's soul at a temporary rest. It was this love and joy that the galaxy needed, not the pain and suffering caused by the Dark Side of the Force. The Jedi Master, after they finished their last song, continued his mental sweep.

The Force impressions were strong in this room, especially with the powerful politicians that had gathered. Their minds were crowded with personal gain, ego and other dark factors that was between them and true peace. Yoogle, his face betraying no emotions, watched the remainder of the opening ceremony as he pondered the future of the Galactic Alliance Jedi Order.

A new temple was going to be constructed, an amazing display of Jedi art and architecture that was recently restored. The Jedi of the current generation would be able to attend seeing the magnificent beauty and power the Force truly was. The Force, unlike the Sith's common mistake, was an ally. Not a tool.The Grand Master had large plans for the upcoming years, including the complete organization of known Force Sensitives. Jedi would see this temple as a sense of refuge, as would other non-gifted individuals.

With the GAJO Temple aside, Yoogle had a massive hunt prepared for his order. Master and Apprentice would travel into the darkest places of the galaxy to destroy agents of evil. Creatures of fear and power, forged by the Dark Lords of over thousands of years. It was on these paths, the Jedi would truly be tested.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Kyp stood aloft and watched as Yoogle came to him. The play was starting and like others he was put at ease by it....maybe more. The was quiet and before long the masked figure revealed himself to be Ryan Davad, the man who he had met a while back on Corellia.

Before Kyp could kneel, Master brought a disk to himself and stood on it. It was a gesture of respect in Kyp's mind, for once his Master came to his level which made Kyp feel good.

Continuing to look around the room he looked to Yoogle who now had his eyes closed, no doubt pondering the future. The Jedi Temple on Denon would be a monument and a home, especially for the people of Hurrun Kal who they had saved a while back. Each one would make a fine Jedi one day, and a even better citezen of the GA.

But as Kyp joined his master in pondering the future he came back to the peace in between the GA and GE. He knew without a doubt that these men and women in this room would eventually become enemies or stay allies. It wouldn't last much longer.......not much longer at all.

After a few more minutes of pondering the future and what it held for himself and the Galaxy Kyp again looked at Yoogle.

"Master, excuse me I'm to go walk around.....I'll keep my eyes open."

Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Yoogle watched his young apprentice and for a moment, he completely withdrew from the room to focus on the mind of his young apprentice. "Jedi Apprentice Kyp Durron, my young padawan." Yoogle looked at his eyes, the connection was beginning to grow. "You are perhaps the greatest Jedi I have had the privilage to meet, yes you are."

Yoogle physically scanned the room and said, "All of these people, none as honorable as yourself. Be mindful with your thoughts, my padawan." With that Yoogle closed his eyes once more. He had much to tell his apprentice, but not here and not now."Go, if it is your will." And Yoogle closed his short speech not with 'padawan' but another gesture, "My friend."

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Lucious watched as the opening duet began between Alatáriël Pallanén and the masked Ryan Davad. Not only had Lucious approved of Ryan, he had helped the boy realize that Arlyn truly did care for him. The love between them was destiny. Not many knew of Lucious's true allegiance, but it was to his own faith. Rambaldi. This boy was exactly who the old prophet had predicted many years ago. Lucious became an ambassador, then diplomatic leadership, in order to gain entry into the many worlds. He had searched Rambaldi and it was Thanagar that he saw his greatest accomplishment.

Ever since Lucious had gazed upon the child, he knew the little girl was the true Celebriän of Levias. Jack and Irina were foolish to try to keep their child on Thanagar, where war and anger existed. It was Lucious that had taken the child and raised her into the Rebel Alliance.

Lucious watched as the play unfolded symbolically as well as it did romantically. Little did everyone know in this room what was in store for the couple, but Lucious knew. Rambaldi had predicted the union of the true Celebriän and the Aranethon. The Angel and Young Royalty. Though not many knew of Ryan's title, he was slowly becoming the 'King of Droids'. Many droid envied the man, others would follow him into battle, others desired his sentient and free programming. Whether people accepted it or not, Ryan was what he was. A legend of technology.

When Ryan Davad revealed himself, Keirail and Jaini nearly screamed in shock, and both burst into tears immediately. Jack and Irina gasped, both of their heads shooting towards Lucious, but he was too involved with Rambaldi's prophecy to satisify their questions.

"...This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire."

Alatáriël Pallanén had yet to look upon Mt. Subasio, but Lucious after hours of research had finally figured how she would bring forth Rambaldi's great works. Lucious looked to Ryan Davad and a smile curled on his face.
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

As the play ended, and the Thanagarian was reunited with her love, I applauded.

How sweet...cheesy it may be, but still they must be happy.
Now Ams, where did you go...there you a- ahh dammit!

Ams and Shayera headed out to the dance floor.

I'll catch up to you later Moff, have fun.
Maybe I should leave, it's getting boring here...and there's too many politicians. At least that pompous, stuck-up, Di'kutla Mir'osik Victorinox wasn't here...

Then I saw him.

Dammit...dammit all to hell, the very thought of that man's existence must be revolting to most, and he is allowed to walk freely in public? If he was under my command I would have most likely killed him the moment he disobeyed my orders...the Alliance was soft on him. He disobeyed standing directives several times for conduct on the holonet set by his superiors and they merely demoted him.
Either I would have killed him outright or simply keelhauled him.

I also noticed the Jedi in the room...I didn't feel anger towards them like I usually did. After all the time I had spent learning of my heritage I had forgotten one of the most important principle.
Mandalorians don't hate the ones who beat them, we should respect them and learn from our mistakes.
These Jedi are strong, worthy, and resilient opponents.

For that, they do earn my respect.

I figured that it wouldn't hurt to walk over and talk to the Jedi...

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Wed May 31, 2006 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Kyp kept walking, thankful for the words his master gave him, the training and knowledge more than anything. Connecting with his master through the force he simply replied, "Thank you, you are by far the greatest teacher a Jedi could ask for." Kyp paused for a second and began to speak again through the force, "Though we are not departing....may the force be with you......my friend."

Kyp knew where he was going with this at this moment, not long from now he'd be a Jedi Knight. His dilegent training in mind, body, and skill with a saber would bring him to a new level. Though in his mind, Kyp would always consider Yoogle as not only a master or a friend, but a father of sorts even though he would not be his padawan soon.

Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Yoogle enjoyed watching Kyp Durron walking away. Not because they were no longer together, but he was finally ready to enter the galaxy as a Jedi Knight. Of course, he needed a few more lessons and advice, but at this moment, the man walked and acted as a Jedi Knight would. Yoogle turned his head while closing his eyes. He circled around Jaster, Jase, 4-LOm and especially the young apprentice, but not as much as before. Kyp was beginning to keep a mental contact, something that he could use to call on for aide or help... Yoogle didn't need to worry as much.

The Grand Master felt through the Force the entry of a new individual, Kalydon Skirata. Yoogle wasn't completely sure of this man's past, but he had a feeling the Mandalorian was respectful and less attached to the Galactic Empire than Ams Jendob. Yoogle opened his eyes and greeted the man with a common Mandalorian phrase and added, "Good to see you, it is."

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Master Jedi Yoogle stood before me, and he greeted me in Mando'a.
I was shocked...he knew something of the Manalorians...

"Su'cuy, Master Jedi."
Su'cuy is a friendly greeting in Mando'a.

Of all the people to talk about how long this peace will last, a Jedi would be the best choice. They are the most level-headed and non-biased when it comes to things like this.

"Master Jedi, I wanted to ask you about the peace, do you think it will last much longer? Tempers have been flaring on both sides...most recently the incident at the hotel with that poor girl and the Grand Marshall."

Remembering the Jedi ability to sense feelings, I made sure to bury the painful memories of the girl who died three years ago today...some thoughts are best left private...

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Wed May 31, 2006 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

As the curtains closed, Arlyn looked into Ryan's eyes. The feelings were overwhelming as she stepped next to him, her lips trembling as she touch his lips again. She held him for a moment, the initial shock a few minutes ago, wearing off, but she was beginning to realize how she thought he was gone. "Ryan, I thought I lost you." she whispered, their heads resting against each other.

Ryan's hand skimmed over her face and carefully tucked her hair behind her ears as he softly kissed her. "I'll never leave you." The music began to play as the Galaxy Ball slowly returned to it's 'normality', as Ryan took Arlyn's hands into his own and began to dance to the beat of the music. Their pace was soft and full of the loving emotions each shared, often stopping to embrace and hold each other.

The pain of the past had disappeared between the two of them as they secretly danced behind the curtains, away from the many guests of the Galaxy Ball. Ryan had found his angel and was the happiest man within the galaxy. As the first song slowly disappeared, Arlyn laid her head on his shoulder and asked in a soft voice, "Where are going to get married?" Her face displayed a simple smile, yet it held every part of her joy.

Ryan leaned into her, thinking for a moment and he responded carefully, "The location doesn't matter, only your happiness. We can afford the biggest wedding, the most guests, -" Arlyn silenced him with another kiss, "...whatever you decide, I'm happy with."

Arlyn nodded and took his hand with a smirk, "Let's go, my family is going to want to talk to you." As the couple began to exit, the gitty managar nearly screamed as he saw the two exit the stage.

"Fabulous! Fantastic darling!" he said looking. Arlyn was about to say 'thanks' but the manager shook Ryan's hand. Arlyn rolled her eyes and tugged Ryan into the opening and towards her parent's table leaving the over excited manager to himself.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Keeping his steady stride about the large room Kyp came near the dance floor. He wasn't going to sit around again today, nope he'd actually have some fun. Fixing his parted hair he approached a woman not much older than he, she was sitting at a table apparently talking to some friends.

"Good night ma'am." Kyp said trying to appear as though he was a normal person. "Would you like to dance." he finished with a smile, though he was extremely nervous. When he rose his head he stared into her eyes, they were hazel showing Kyp's reflection in them.

With a small laugh she replied, "Why yes I would Jedi."

For a second Kyp wondered how she had known, but he did talk to Yoogle alot and called him master.......no wonder she knew. She immeadiatly grabbed his hand, tugging him towards the dance floor. Her light brown hair somewhat trailed behind her as they made their way to dance.

Once on the dance floor Kyp immeadiatly began to sway with her. The song was slow allowing them to look at each other. For a minute they both were silent until she broke it.

"What is your name, Jedi?" she said, curiosity obviously taking over her mind.

For a second Kyp studdered, "My, my, my name is Kyp Durron....yours?"

She though did not act in kind only a straight answer, "Galien Dhel." only a second of slience followed, "What is your title Mr. Durron." she said the same smile coming across her face.

Again Kyp was going to fake his title, it'd be weird to say he was no more than a padawan. "Jedi Knight."

For a second she seemed to buy it until she snapped back, "Don't lie, be proud of what you are Kyp." Kyp face turned red as she touched his face, "You must not be able to enjoy an everyday life or am I wrong?"

Kyp responded by dipping her, "I can have fun." he said with a smile.

"But can you love." she said with a questioning face.

"Of course I can, though most Jedi choose to avoid the situation as it affects ones judgement." said Kyp as he turned her.

"But everyone needs someone to love even if it does affect judgement, it is better to have loved than to never have loved at all?" she said.

"I guess your right, we do need something to hold on to......but what about you? What do you do for a living?"

She frowned as though it was bad, "Well......me I'm a diplomat.......not as exciting an life as I could have had."

"And what would that have been?" said Kyp.

"I could have been a Jedi like you." she said as though it was all good.

"Well, its not as great as people make it out to be. You have to pursue a living where you are selfless, where people and their well being will always come first, where you have to see friends and people die, and you have to stay true as the force is like two sides of a coin. Us Jedi we take one side while other sentient lifeforms take the other side. The best advise a Jedi can give to another is to tell them to be true to themselves and to not be diluted by the dark side of the force." he said as he turned towards Yoogle's general direction. "Its not all simple, in my opinion I would take being a Jedi over being anything else any day of the week. Because for all the pain and for all the death you may have to see, you also see more smiles and happiness which seems to help drive us." Kyp finished as the song began to slow down coming to a stop.

Galien smiled, "You will definatly be a gread Jedi, Kyp Durron. I hope we can do this again, sometime in the future as it was nice talking with you."

"The same to you Ms. Dhel." Kyp said as he followed her off the dance floor.

"Please, you can me Galien." she said as they departed.

Under his breath Kyp muttered, "Will do Galien."

As Kyp looked around he spotted a spot that had opened at the bar, in which he immeadiatly approached and ordered a glass of water.

Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

Somehow, Shayera managed to glide across the dance floor almost as well as she could before her pregnancy. Of course, there was a noticeable difference for me, then again, I spent day and night with her.
"Hey, slow down... these heels are a pain."
I snapped to the present, and smirked at Shayera. "All right, I'll slow down for my old lady."
She growled softly, but smiled. "Old, huh? You'll be hitting forty before me."
I laughed, and dipped her... and just barely managed to right her. "Okay, no more of that," I grunted.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Solo's reception was certainly welcome. Nevin smiled slightly and sat where Han had gestured. The Chief in State greeted him, but it was plainly obvious something else was on her mind. In fact, Nevin was half-afraid she was going to push the table over.

"So," He began, returning his gaze to Han. "Just how many more seconds is left in this thing?" Nevin asked witfully.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

The song finally ended, and my love and I stopped dancing. I looked into her deep green eyes, and smiled for the umpteenth time that night.
"I love you," I whispered.
She smiled back as we sat down at a nearby table. "I love you too."
A waiterdroid came by with a tray of drink. We each took a glass of water, and sat out the next song. As we sat, I watched her scanning the crowd intently.
"Who are you looking for?" I asked curiously as her brother and sister joined us. They had standing off to the side, almost like outsiders.
"Nevin," Shayera answered distantly. "I need to talk to him about something."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

The entire table shook as Nevin sat down but the source of it didn't come from the young man. Han shifted his gaze ever so slightly so that he could just barely make out his wife out of the corner of his eye. There was no doubt in her expression. She was fuming and probably kicked the table with her foot to release some of that pent up anger.

Han sighed and turned back to Antilles. No doubt he would get another earful later on when they headed back to the room. But for now, might as well enjoy himself while he could. He raised his hand for a server droid and ordered a drink for himself and Antilles.

"I wish it was one," he finally addressed the other's question. "But from the way things are going, it's not gonna go by fast enough. But as long as I avoid anymore bird women, I should be fine."

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I nodded to Shy, then turned to Canjra. "So, how has it been so far for you?"
My sister-in-law shrugged. "Eh, it's been kind of boring, and kinda intimidating."
Shayera tilted her head. "Why intimidating?"
"Well, you and Ams are the only people I even know on this planet," the younger Hol answered. "And I'm kinda worried about just going up to someone and asking them to dance."
I smiled. "I know what you mean. If you want..." I rose slowly, and extended my hand to help her to her feet.
A look of confusion, then one of understanding crossed the red-haired Thanagarian's face, followed by a smile so like her sister's, yet different enough to make the comparison eerie at best. "Shayera, is that okay with you?"
The eldest Hol laughed. "Of course, hermanita. I need to sit out anyway."
"May I have this dance?" I asked with tongue-in-cheek politeness.
Canjra reached forward and took my hand. "Definitely," she smiled warmly, and stood.
We walked out on to the dance floor, and the notion that I was with my wife's sister, and not my wife was rather odd. She was certainly attractive, and in the dress that she wore, she was quite stunning really, wings aside. She was lean but strong, much like Shayera, though she cut her hair a little shorter, stopping halfway-down her neck instead of falling about her shoulders. She was a little shorter than Shayera, only about 170 centimeters tall.
We stopped on the floor, and she turned to face me, placing her free hand on my side. I reciprocated, and we began to move and sway to the music. She was a beginner, but she was not bad at all. She managed to twirl out to arms' length then spin back in, with her face mere millimeters from mine. Were she Shayera, there would've been no problem, however, being her sister, there was a distinct feeling of discomfort.
"Wow, Shayera was right. You're really good," Canjra said during a dip.
I smirked and righted her, resuming the step. "It's an acquired skill. If anyone told me dancing was a requirement to be a spy, I don't know if I would've gone into Intelligence," I joked.
She laughed, then her gaze fixed on one point. "Who is that?"
I glanced over my shoulder and scowled. "Han Solo. Trouble."
I looked back, and didn't like the curious expression on my sister-in-law's face, and the oh-so-familiar twinkle in her green eyes.
"Canjra, I don't think--"
"Hey, it can't hurt," she smirked, but then stopped. "You don't mind do you?"
I shook my head. "No, I just don't want there to be any trouble."
She grinned. "I'm a big girl Ams. Not as big as Shayera," she chuckled. "But I can handle myself."
I shrugged, but had to admire her courage. "Good luck, then."
And with that, she walked toward Solo.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
OtetTiswi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Ikrit strolled into the ball room. It was a grand room, with famous people everywhere. Ikrit walked in and noticed many people turn their heads toward him..as if they havn't seen a Kushiban before. He chuckled to himself softly, with Laissa walking beside him. She wor a gorgeous dress, one more beautiful than he had ever seen her wear...aside from the wedding dress of course.

Ikrit sensed the force was strong in this room. Both the Light and Dark side were present. He saw Kyp and Yoogle, Luke all present. He grabbed Laissa's hands and began to dance with her.

Kam followed Ikrit with Liana by his side. They walked in, not knowing anyone in the room other than his parents and Yoogle. They were complete strangers. Or at least he was. Liana was a senator, so she at least knew people. Kam couldn't recognize anyone that was in the room, but he didn't mind. He grabbed her hands and began dancing with her.

Kam Fisto Toran
Prince
292,869cr

Klani Uthum
GARO Administrator
50,000cr

Galactic Aid Relief Organization (GARO)
2,050,945,000r

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: