Imperial Palace
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Imperial Palace

The door to Office Suite 41221B hissed shut and I headed for my personal office within the suite. I entered, and held the door for Shayera. She walked in and got over to her desk while I sat at mine. With the touch of a button, the desktop screen lit up with backlogged reports.
"All of these were eyes only?" I asked my personal aide and security chief.
Shayera nodded. "You don't want to know how many I was able to handle."
I pulled up the computer logs. "Ten thousand? What could possibly be happening with in the Empire that warrants that many messages?"
I read few the first few. "Gods, this Adjutant Relsik doesn't shut up, does he?"
"He wants that intel," she shrugged. "I just sent him 8,000 replies--one for each of his messages--that say we don't have it."
I glanced over at her. "You are one evil woman, Shy."
She smirked. "What did I say this morning about flattery?"
I changed the monitor view back to the eyes-only messages, all 1,256 of them, and began the process of reading each one and replying to it.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.

Last edited by on Fri May 27, 2005 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Ravik was wandering the streets of Coruscant, as his Comm system went off. A private adress had sent him a text message. It read "Ravik, come to the Imperial Palace ASAP-Nevin Antilles." Ravik looked up to his right, and luckily enough, the Palace was right there.

Ravik asked an attendent where his office was located, and followed her instructions.

As he approached Nevin's door, he rapped on it 3 times, then opened it and entered.

Nevin was busy on the computer, and looked up as he entered the room.

Ravik saluted, asking,"Sir, you called for me?" Nevin stood up to return the salute, then sat back down and nodded, responding with a, "Yes."

Nevin's expression became very serious. "Your next assignment is to go to Dantooine and asses the situation there. You are to find what factions might help us, and which ones may support the Rebellion. Effective immediately"

Ravik nodded. "Understood, Sir. If you dont mind me asking, why Dantooine?"

Nevin glared at him, "That is not of your concern at the moment. It is neither relevant for your mission." Ravik was bewildered. What does he mean it's not of my concern?! It could possibly aid me in my mission. Hmmph, it must come with all high ranking officers. Ravik thought.

"Anything else sir?" he asked. Nevin shook his head, "No. You're dismissed."

Ravik walked out of the room. Interesting. Dantooine. I thought that place was just full of some primitive caveman and poisonous rats.

Ravik is now on Dantooine

If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?

Last edited by on Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject:

My very special thanks to Nevin Antilles for RPing this with me last night through this morning, and keeping me wildly amused during the process.

I scanned the officer's mess, searching for Moff Nevin Antilles. Other than his talking to me about Kara last night, him and I hadn't had a chance to catch up after my two-and-a-half week trip to Sernpidal.
I continued searching, until I heard a slightly amused "ahem." I looked up, and saw a man with a cream-white jacket and black trousers, with a moff's plaque pinned to his left breast.
"Hello," I greeted him.
Antilles smiled. "Hey," he replied and sat down. He began poking at his food. It took a bite of my own.
"So, did you get a chance to talk to a certain someone?" I asked after I swallowed. I figured it would probably better not to mention T'Tol's name out loud, just in case any ambitious officers had blackmail on their minds.
"Yeah, I saw her," he said flatly. Nevin seemed oddly distracted, and yet there was this small smile on his lips, as if he were remembering something pleasant.
I pressed a little further. After Nevin had gone out of his way to talk to me about this, I felt responsible, somehow. "Did you talk to her?"
Antilles nodded. As he did so, a droplet of water fell from his hair, which I realized was quite damp. Strange...
"Rush in today?" I baited.
The young moff blushed slightly, and ran his hand through his soaking wet hair. "Yeah."
"Right...," I could sense he was hiding something. At first, it was just a gnawing and unclear suspicion, just out of reach of comprehension. And then it all added up. I could feel my face start to flush, but I recovered.
"Of course, it would help if you didn't take a second run through the office suite refresher," I added quitely, so Nevin and I were the only ones who heard it.
The younger man glanced up from his tray. "What was that?"
"Nev, it's twelve forty-six. You got in before I did, and I got here at oh-seven-fifty," I pointed out. "Gods, I hope she didn't catch you just getting out," I joked.
Nevin smirked sheepishly. "Uh..."
My smile faded. "She did?"
"I--I don't know what you're talking about," he stammered, then tried to cover it by stuffing his mouth with some of his salad.
I backed off. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried, Nevin; that's all. You're my friend." Then, with a conspiratorial smirk, I added, "And I've got your back."
"Well, she didn't walk in after," Nevin started as I took a sip of my drink. He paused then, and ate a little more of his salad as I set my glass down.
"You took a shower after she left?" I pondered.
Nevin just shot me an odd look and kept chewing.
"Ah, after she left then."
Nevin looked down again. He was getting uncomfortable.
"So, um, how are things in Security?" I asked, changing the subject.
Nevin glanced up again. "Pretty okay."
I snickered.
"What?"
I smirked a little. "Odd choice of words. 'Pretty good' I can see. 'Okay' works. Never heard them combined, though."
Nevin shrugged. "Guess I've just been busy."
My smile turned wry. "Tell me about it. Some smartass adjutant literally sent 8,000 copies of the same kriffing message to me." Now I grinned maliciously. "So Shayera wound up sending him a reply for each of his messages."
That made Nevin smirk, with just a hint of malice. Some movement behind him caught my eye.
"Uh-oh. Speak of the devil," I muttered. "Why don't we finish this conversation in my office; try to avoid any administrative entanglements?"
"Huh?"
"That adjutant just walked in. And he's holding a rather large stack of papers."
"Oh. Yeah, let's go."

I closed the door to the office and let out a relieved sigh.
"Well, he's not gonna be happy for a while," Nevin observed.
"No kidding," I joked. "By the way, what made you think of taking a shower after Kara left?"
Nevin was caught totally off-guard. "Um, what do you mean?"
"Just poking a little fun, Nev," I said dismissively. "But it is kind of odd."
"Maybe I didn't, then..."
I laughed. "Oh. Did you jump in the shower while she was there?"
Nevin tilted his head to one side and raised his eyebrows.
"I suppose you're going to say she went in with you, huh?" I laughed even harder.
Antilles snickered. Eventually, the laughter faded to a point where I could speak coherently.
"I'm sorry, Nevin. I couldn't help it." I sat down in my chair. "You and Kara in the... Gods, Shy's right. I do have a twisted mind."
Nevin's brow furrowed. I was worried I offended him.
"Seriously, Nev. I apologize for saying that."
My friend simply grunted and glanced away.
"What's wrong?" I asked. Surely a small joke didn't cut into him that badly.
"I think you've pretty much said it," came the reply.
"What? You and Kara in the--" I stopped abruptly. "You didn't."
Nevin's head bobbed up and down in a nod to the affirmative.
"Y-You're not serious."
"What's so bad about it?"
What indeed--actually, what is so bad?
"Well, nothing I guess. It's a little surprising, from my point of view, though. Of course, others may simply take a dim view of doing that on duty."
Antilles shook his head. "We didn't do that."
"Oh. You just went in together. You didn't--"
"No."
There was an awkward silence. I glanced at my wrist chronometer. "Well, we'd better be getting back to work for the Empire," I quipped. "And, Nevin," I added as the younger man headed for the door. "My lips are sealed."
The Mantellian smirked. "Thanks."
I clapped him on the shoulder. "Just don't make it a habit," I said, then gave him a knowing grin. "Not here, anyway."
Nevin laughed and walked out. I sat back down, my mind a roiling torrent of strange thoughts. But the strangest of all that arose from the seething cauldron was Way to go, Nev...
I quickly stifled the thought as Shayera came in.
"Moff Antilles seems to be in an awfully pleasant mood," she noted.
"Yes. All of his troubles seem to have... gone down the drain."

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I watched as the two Naval Guards hoisted High Inquisitor Tremayne's body from the floor and dragged it away.
Vader had ordered the High Inquisitor eliminated after I reported about Gowbacca's demise. It seemed the Inquisitor was eyeing the throne as well, and Vader had had enough revolts for a while.
A single laser bolt in the throat was all it took to end dreams of empire.
I walked off towards my office, solemnly reflecting on the two-hundred-sixtieth person I killed.

The door hissed aside, and Shayera looked up from her desk. She shot straight up, and wrapped her arms around me. I accepted it for a moment, then gently eased her off.
"It's done," I said plainly.
She nodded. "I'm sorry. But you told me to stay here, and I got worried."
I cracked a thin smile. "It takes more than a Dark Side adept to kill me, Shayera."
She tried to smile. This was getting uncomfortable.
"Anything new come in?"
She checked her terminal. "No, not--hold on. A message just popped up, from Medlab K2."
"What do they want?"
She shrugged and turned the monitor to face me. The message read:

To: GM Jendob
Subject: Autopsy, Civilian Casualty

Grand Moff Jendob, please report to Medlab K2 at your earliest possible convenience.

"What the hell do they mean, 'Civilian Casualty'? That's not an Intelligence matter," I said impatiently.
"They might need your help with identifying something."
I grunted. "Fine. Let's see what they want."

The Medlab on Level 2, Section K was close to the lift, so there wasn't much distance to walk. Shayera and I entered the room, and were slapped with a terrible reminder.
A body laid on the table, all save the head covered in a sheet. The blood had been cleaned away from the corpse's mouth, but I could still see her sprawled in a pool of crimson on the cold deck of the Lusankya.
The body was that of my friend's love. The body was that of the woman I killed; shot in the midst of chaos and confusion. The body was that of Kara T'Tol.
"Ah, there you are, sir."
A doctor stepped out from a small alcove. "I am Dr. Slone. I sent you the summons."
The man had a kind face, an odd attribute among Imperials. Most seemed to have a scowl etched into their features. His white hair and mustache gave him a dignified look. Despite the lines in his features, his blue eyes shone with a keen intelligence.
"You wanted something, Doctor?" I asked.
He nodded. "Yes. It's about this young lady over here," he said, gesturing to Kara. "Now, in your report, you said that during that nasty business on the Lusankya, you were about to fire on a Rebel when your aim was misdirected and you shot her instead. Correct?"
"Yes," I admitted.
He raised a hand. "I don't think so."
"Excuse me?"
Slone stared directly at me. "Your report of the incident is not true."
I glared at him. "Are you calling me a liar?"
"No, not at all," he said quickly. "Just that my autopsy of this woman has brought new details to light."
"Explain."
"It would be easier to show you. Ma'am, you may wish to leave," he said to Shayera.
"I can handle it, Doctor," she said firmly.
"As you wish."
He walked over to Kara's body, and lifted the sheet from her stomach so Shayera and I could see.
Her belly was torn with a large gash, the edges blackened and seared; the calling card of a blaster wound. Her right hip was damaged, as well. A filigree of fine, metal fragments protruded into her flesh.
"What do you see?" the doctor queried.
"Blaster exit wound in her stomach, what looks like shrapnel in her leg..."
And Nevin's wife-to-be lying cold and stiff on a table, I thought bitterly.
Slone nodded. "Good, except for one thing. That is not an exit wound. It's a series of entrance wounds."
I looked up at him. "Series? You mean she wasn't killed by a single shot?"
The snowy-haired man shook his head. "The size of the induvidual punctures and the extent of damage to surrounding tissues indicates she was hit by an E-Web."
This was too good to be true. I saw my bolt strike her with my own eyes.
"Doctor, I saw her take a hit from my weapon."
He looked at me skeptically. "Where?"
I thought back, reliving that hateful moment in my mind. I felt my body get shoved around by the force of the bolt, and watched in horror as the bolt left the muzzle of the pistol, bearing down on Kara. I saw the flash of burning clothing and flesh, heard her cry of anguish. She staggered into the center of the corridor, fought to stay on her feet, then collapsed...
"I hit her a few centimeters above her waist, on the right side," I said finally.
The doctor scratched his head. "Was she near a bulkhead at the time?"
Come to think of it, she was.
"I see," Slone commented.
Did I say that out loud? I thought.
Something must've clicked in Shayera's mind. "How close was she, Ams?"
"Almost up against it--" My voice trailed off. "And she has a shrapnel wound in her right hip."
"If I ran tests on the fragments, I'll bet they match the bulkhead's composition," the doctor added.
I didn't kill her... I DIDN'T KILL HER! My mind was screaming in joy. I felt a smile threaten to spread across my face.
"Thank you, Doctor," I said simply. "Please, run those tests and send me the results."
He nodded. "Of course."
"Forgive my haste, but it seems I have a report to revise," I said, then walked towards the lift. Shayera followed me closely.
As soon the doors closed, I almost let out a jubilant scream before another dark thought shattered my good mood.
But Nevin thinks I killed her... doesn't he?

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject:

Leia stood at the foot of the grand Imperial Palace. The dark feelings creeping over her were very apparent, and it was worse than what she had felt as the undaunted senator all those years ago.

Her husband was clearly uncomfortable as well, and Chewie was equally perturbed to be standing at the monument to Imperial tyranny and power. Glancing nervously back at her two companions, then stepped into the Grand Hall, flanked by two “tour guides”, as the ambassador called them, whom were not much more than elite Storm Troopers.

Gazing at the surroundings which had been compiled from the wealth gathered from the insidious prizes the Empire’s evilness had reaped, she felt even more disturbed now than she had as Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan. It ran a chill down her spine to be in the center of the Empire once again; even though Palpatine was dead, his presence radiated in these halls. The corruption he had weaved echoed throughout the planet, from the condemned Senate Hall to this very dwelling.

Leia entered the doorway that she had been instructed to proceed to, and waited for Supreme Moff Jendob.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject:

"You've got a bounce in your step, you know," Shayera smiled.
I just grinned. "Well, it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with this," I chuckled, referring to the shining, new insignia on my chest. "Or with the fact that I'm with my beautiful wife at moment."
She laughed as I slid my ID card through the office suite reader. We entered, then stopped abruptly.
"Madame Chief of State! And General Solo and Chewbacca as well... I, uh, I didn't expect to see you so soon," I stammered.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject:

"That's Grand Admiral Solo to you, Moff," Han spat toward the approaching Imperials as he pushed past his wife. "Now, what was that you were saying about me not deserving my rank? Apparently someone high up thinks I'm doin' something right."

Han could feel Leia's steely gaze bearing into his back, but that was soon forgetten as Chewie woofed his agreement. At least someone more intimidating than Tara Stevens was backing him up this time. Han could only smirk.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject:

I glanced at Solo's insignia. Indeed, it had changed.
"Congratulations," I said, having to force any kind of warmth into my tone. "As for my remarks earlier, well... they were in the heat of the moment."
The big Wookiee made a sarcastic hoot.
Well, no use talking with them... I turned back to the Chief of State. "You're early. Has something gone wrong?"

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Jaral Roseb

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject:

Jamal Truton got up, supremely glad at the fact that the Supreme Moff considered it. The Lieutenant came back, and briefed him on the fact that the Supreme Moff was on the planets surface, at the Imperial Palace, and that his secretariat had been informed that I was coming to meet with the Supreme Moff. Jamal boarded a shuttle, and in a few hours he arrived at Coruscant. He then took an air buss to the Imperial palace.

There he saw it, the show if Imperial Power, the grand palace. The statue looming over him, made him feel somewhat scared even though he always thought of himself as an Imperial. Jamal walked up the steps and into the main lobby. He walked over to the woman at the front, and said "Good Day, I have an appointment with the Supreme Moff." Jamal said, "And your name is sir?" "Jamal Truton" He Replied. "Sir I am afraid the Supreme Moff is in a private meeting, and you will have to wait for him. Please go into the waiting room over there."

"Thankyou." Replied Jamal. It would be much more waiting, however he knew that if he had his way, he would get to work with the Supreme Moff, and feel like he was part of the Imperial Empire. After all, he didnt know how repressive and Evil the Empire truly was.
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Studying the lines on the Moff's face closely, the most Han could do was smirk smugly, the right side of his mouth twisting upward into that famous Solo grin.

"Sure, go ahead and change the story to look like the good guy." Han thrust his hands deep into his pockets and threw Leia an annoyed glance.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I gave Solo a smirk of my own. "More often than not, good and evil depends on which side you're on. But we're allies now. Or at least at peace. No need for mudslinging, Grand Admiral."
I heard Shy chuckle quietly from behind.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Han threw an intense glare in the direction of the bird woman who somehow found this whole exchange amusing and began to chuckle. If it wasn't for Leia standing directly behind him, he would have took this moment to personally pluck every single feather from the woman's wings.

But she wasn't the main concern. Han turned his gaze back to the Moff. "No mudslinging," Han began, sneering at the man. "Although, if I were you, I'd stick to fleet command or whatever it is you do here instead of philosophy."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I noticed Solo's glare, and considered returning it.
Better not. If Ams saw it, he'd have your ass...
Still, I had to get one of the men out of here before punches started flying. Ams was probably straining to hold his tongue already...
"Uh, Gen--Admiral, can I speak with you for a minute?" I gestured to my own office. "In there?"

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Narrowing his eyes to slits, Han followed the bird woman's gesture toward the office located off to the side of the hall they were currently in. Behind him, he heard Chewie grunt in a low tone, obviously echoing Han's suspicions.

Han patted the Wookiee on the arm slightly before turning back to the winged woman. "Whatever you have to say, you can say it here," his tone was low to reflect his mood.

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I sighed. "Solo, just come with me." I nodded to Chewbacca. "He can come, too, if it makes you feel better."

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Han regarded the bird woman for a moment before cocking his head slightly to the office she had indicated.

Chewie moaned softly again, voicing his concern on the matter. However, Han didn't want to hear the rest of what the Wookiee had uttered. He---agreed? He shot the hairy beast a quick, but deadly, glare before turning back toward Hol.

"Alright, fine," he forced himself to say with an exasperated sigh. "But make it quick."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Leia stared at the closed door before turning back to the Moff. She hoped this wasn't some attempt to split them up before gassing them. Though she doubted it, she wouldn't put it past them. The Imperials had done far worse.

When it came down to it, she really didn't remember what this meeting was arranged for. They had already concluded the treaty...perhaps it was for the planned embassy. She figured the only way to know was to ask.

"So," She said, glancing around the office. "What is this meeting for?" Leia asked before turning back to Jendob.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject:

Still angered by his little "meeting" with that bird woman, Han stormed into the Imperial Moff's office, guards not close behind.

"He sneered in the Moff's direction. "I thought we're guests. Next time you call your boys on me, they'll be reporting back to you with nice clean holes in their chests."

Forgetting about the Moff for just a second, Han's eyes strayed over to Leia.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject:

I looked back.
How did she get in here?
"Black Sun attacked two worlds, and DRWP forces have engaged us over Bastion. Fortunately, I made a deal with Black Sun. And the ship at Bastion is dealing with the threat."
I stood now and faced down Solo. "As for you, they're for your protection. In case you haven't heard, three planets have been attacked. Metellos isn't far from here. So, forgive me for being curt, but I don't have time for little gripes and complaints about our guards. If we're attacked, those men will give their lives to protect you, though you clearly would prefer to take them yourself.
"So, quite frankly, Grand Admiral, suck it up or shut up."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject:

Leia could feel the storm brewing between them again. Rolling her eyes, she stuck both of her arms out as a signal for them to stop speaking. "Enough," She commanded. Maybe it was a bad decision to even bring Han along.

Even with her promises on Tatooine, they had, in reality, not spent much time together at all. Maybe it was fate that this visit be so insanely hectic.

However, as the Moff began to threaten her husband, Leia wished that Chewie were around to back them up...

"Frankly," Leia began, cutting a glare at Jendob. "I'm surprised the Empire allows those with such quick tempers to get into a command position." In fact, every Imperial Moff I've met has been a stark, raving lunatic, She mentally finished the sentence. "Now, do I have to make you sit in the corner, or are we going to get down to business?"
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I came within centimeters of a vehement objection to the Chief of State's comment about my temper. But it would do no good, so I buried it, hoping to relieve the repressed emotion later.
"Of course," I said in a tightly controlled tone. "To begin with, I'd like to inform you of our new Alderaan Reparation budget."
I sat behind my desk, and motioned for the two Alliance officials to sit while browsing through the myriad files and communiques for the report. Finally, I ffound it and downloaded the information to a datapad, which was then handed to Organa Solo.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:

Leia looked upon the text displayed by the piece of technology.

IMPERIAL REPARATION BUDGET--ALDERAAN

-Goal: 5,000,000 credits per survivor;
300,000,000,00 credits total
-Progress: 1,086,461,889 credits

Leia looked up slightly. She wasn't happy. It wasn't because the Empire wasn't giving enough money - it certainly was alot. However, everyone realized that no amount of money could make up for the destruction of Alderaan. She should have thanked Jendob for starting this fund, but Leia would have preferred the Empire admitting that it was an act of cruelty and heartlessness. She couldn't thank him.

"Thank you," Organa Solo said, putting her foot in her mouth. The fakeness of her voice was so thick it could have been cut with a vibroblade. "I'm sure the survivors will appreciate this."

Leia handed the datapad back to the Supreme Moff. "I hope you'll excuse me for a second," She informed. "I think I should contact Tatooine about this DRWP attack."

Bowing slightly, and throwing a sideways "be nice" glance at her husband, she walked out of the office and into the small antechamber before the room she was previously in. Taking pleasure in the quiet for the time being, she revealed her comlink and began to send a message to Tatooine.

Leia waited, hoping for Tanya Haines to pick up the proverbial phone. She needed to talk to the woman quickly.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I opened my mouth to say something to the Chief of State, but she pivoted and left the office for the antechamber.
Great, alone with Solo again.
The man was infuriating. Twice I had lost my temper with the pompous ass of a Corellian, first on Tatooine, then just moments ago. The insignia on his shoulder was a derision to every Rebel soldier who died; this smuggler wearing the badge of the highest ranked Rebel naval officer, barely worthy of any rank whatsoever. Solo was the one true example of the Imperial epithet, "Rebel scum."
Organa Solo or Shayera better get in here quickly before this turns out like me and Nevi--
The analogy brought back painful memories; not of the physical wounds, all of which were long faded, but the betrayal from my friend.
I buried the hurt down, and faced Solo. He would probably jump on the words I spoke, but at least I could say I made the effort.
"I apologize for my comments earlier, Admiral."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Leaning in toward his wife to get a better look, Han scoweled when Leia handed the datapad back to the conceited Moff. Following the datapad with his eyes, Han hoped that at least he could take the hint that he wanted to see the information.

Tucking the datapad back into his desk, the Moff turned back to Leia. That arrogant bastard. Now Han was beginning to wonder if he was doing this on purpose to make him angry. Balling his hands into fists beneath the desk, Han began to devise a few ways to put the Imp in his place, but remained silent.

Movement coming directly to Han's left caught his attention. Looking over slowly, Han turned just in time to see Leia rise from her seat.

"Wha--?" Han stuttered but was cut off as Leia spoke.

"I hope you'll excuse me for a second. I think I should contact Tatooine about this DRWP attack."

Contact Tatooine now? Han saw Leia get all nervous over a potential attack before, but to walk away from the Imperials during this crucial time for the Alliance? Something didn't seem right. It didn't take a a prissy protocol droid to figure out that Leia was coming up with excuses to get away for a few moments.

Before Han could address her directly, she had rushed from the room, not even addressing him. An irritated itch formed at the back of his mind and Han rose as well to follow his wife.

"I apologize for my comments earlier, Admiral."

Han stopped, his body half turned toward the door. Now what was he up to? Surely, he didn't think his little act of trying to warm up to him by apologizing would work. Besides, whoever heard of an Imp apologizing?

Swallowing back an imminent retort, Han clamped his teeth together and turned to face the speaker - the Moff. Han just regarded the man in silence for a moment before smirking to himself.

Hmm...maybe this wasn't all bad. Afterall, the man did say he was sorry. And to think, Leia didn't force it out of Han first. He had won.

Han's grin grew larger at the thought of victory. Now it was Han's turn to have some fun. "Apology?" Han questioned before bursting out in mocking laughter. "Save it for when you truly mean it, Moff. Trust me, it'll go a lot further."

Not even giving the man the chance to respond, Han turned his back toward him again and started to walk in the direction of the door.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:

"Who said I don't?" I asked plainly as the shorter man reached the door.
You don't get off that easy, Solo... I'm done taking shit from you.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

"Who said I don't?"

Han stopped in his tracks once again, hand outstretched to smack the doorpad. A shiver ran up his spine that ignited every nerve in his body. His hand fell back to his side, seemingly forgetting about the door.

The Imperial Moff had finally reached Han's limit. He had had enough of this little game. Han had given the Moff more than enough time to let it slip and to shutup. But now, it seems like he had no choice but to take desperate measures.

Stepping away from the closed door, Han turned around and just stood there, staring the Imperial Moff down. The smug look on the man's face only heightened Han's anger. He thought this was funny?

In one quick motion, Han covered the space between the door and the Moff's desk in a few long strides. Stopping before the desk, Han glanced down and regarded the younger man for a few moments. "You know," Han sneered. "I don't believe you do."

His voice trailed off just as his hand balled into a fist and shot up to connect with the Moff's nose, hard. A sensation of satisfaction traveled through Han's body on impact.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I never saw Solo's fist move. But I felt it. My face went numb as I careened out of the chair and to the floor.
My first impulse was to tear Solo's shoulder from the socket, then break his neck. The second one was to grab a blaster and eviscerate him. It wasn't until the ninth or tenth impulse that I realized killing him would do no good.
I slowly got to my feet, large drops of blood falling to the floor. I wiped my nose with the sleeve of my red jacket, and chuckled, my tone thick with blood.
"Good job. You got the drop on me all right," I said, offering my hand.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:

A twisted smirk formed on Han's face as the Moff comically flipped over the back of his chair and hit the floor. Han wished he was able to take a holo of that, he was almost positive the same opportunity would never present itself again.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Han watched with satisfaction as Jendob rose from the floor and quickly wiped his nose with his sleeve. Han wore the exact same smug expression the Moff had had on his face earlier. But what the Moff said next took him completely off guard.

"Good job. You got the drop on me all right,"

Han flinched slightly as the main thrust out his hand for a shake. Staring stupidly down at the outstretched appendage, Han's first impulse was that this was a trick. Did Jendob think he would actually fall for it?

Han's eyes traveled back up to lock with the Moff's. "Yea," he muttered plainly. "I sure did. And let that be a lesson to you." Refusing the proffered hand, Han turned his back to the Imperial officer to once again face the door.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject:

I was tempted to grab Solo from behind and snap his neck he turned around. Then again, killing the husband of the Alliance Chief of State was not the smartest idea.
But one day... I would get revenge.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Leia put the comm away and sighed. No answer... She thought. The Chief of State hoped that there were no problems going on back home already. She was unsure of the DRWP's motives. Then again, Haines could have easily missed the call. Leia didn't know what the reason was, but she wasn't going to get ahold of the woman right now. She supposed the news she overheard could wait.

She turned back towards Jendob's office, beginning her trek back towards it. She reached the door, opening it, to see her husband facing her, and Jendob behind him, bruised slightly.

"Can't I ever leave you alone?" She growled at Han, returning her focus to his face, away from the Moff behind him.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject:

Just as Han raised his hand to slap the door control, the automated hatch slid aside on its own accord. This left Han standing in the open doorway with a dumbfounded look on his face. How--?

Then the answer presented itself. Clad in her typical political attire, Leia Organa Solo stood with a firery gaze angled up at Han. Why did she have to return right at this moment? Why couldn't she had waited for him to come to her? And judging from the look on her face, she apparently put two and two together and came to the conclusion that Han had roughened up the Grand Moff just a bit.

"Can't I ever leave you alone?"

The tone of her voice ripped into Han with the force of a dull vibroblade. His expression quickly softened and became one of innocence. If there was one thing Han learned from getting married, it was never cross Leia. If all else fails, act innocent or stupid. Han decided to use both for this incident.

"What?" he questioned, trying to put as much bafflement in his voice as possible.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:

Solo should've been an actor, I mused.
While thinking that, I felt the warm trickle begin to flow again, and dabbed at it.
"It's just a flesh wound, Madame Chief of State. Nothing to worry about."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject:

After glaring harshly at Han, Leia turned her attention to Moff Jendob. "I certainly hope it was nothing more, Moff," She said. Honestly, she wouldn't have minded to sock him one as well. "but I hope you'd understand if we got back to our hotel."

She wanted to get back to that time alone she had promised her husband. Even though if most of that time was probably now going to consist of yelling at him for his actions today. It was lucky they weren't already arrested.

The smile on her face contorting into a glare, she looked back at Han. "Let's go, dear..."
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Back to the hotel. Now that was something that actually appealed to Han. It beat lounging around in this stuffy office and humoring the Supreme Moff and his bird. Besides, if they didn't get out of here soon, Han feared he would do more to the Imp than just sock him in the nose.

"Let's go, dear..."

Dear. He didn't like the tone of voice in which his wife said that. Han winced inwardly, and glanced down at Leia. The look he saw there confirmed his sentiments. He definitely crossed the line with Leia this time and he was in for a long night. So much for enjoying their time alone...

Throwing a final glare in the Moff's direction, Han let himself out of the room, followed closely by Leia. When the door of the office resealed behind them, Han turned once again to the firery Alderaanian. "You know, I'm not sorry for what I did," Han stated flat out. "I know that's what you're mad at, but that fake deserved it. You didn't see the whole thing."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Chewbacca and I left my office, and entered the office suite's antechamber.
Throwing a glance back at the towering Wookiee, I told him, "Just stick close to me, Chewbacca."
His blue eyes narrowed. I had never seen eyes that blue on anyone, human, Thanagarian, or any other race for that matter. They were almost hypnotizing. The furry being then grunted and yowled a message.
I glanced at the datapad. In clear Aurebesh Basic, it displayed the meaning of the Wookiee's words.
Do you mind filling me in on what's going on?
The tone of both the translation and the sounds it was derived from indicated some level of distrust.
You can't blame him, Shayera. The Empire put the Wookiees through all Seven Hells on Kashyyyk.
Still, the words brought a small frown to my lips. "A ship just landed at one of the Palace landing pads," I explained. "They've requested me personally."
He continued to scrutinize me, those piercing orbs seeming to bore into my mind in search of answers.
"I don't know any more than that."
But he continued to study me, examine me like an insect as he woofed a question.
And why bring me along to something that appears... confidential? the datapad translated.
I sighed with some frustration and resignation. "Honestly? I'm acting as your escort while you're here." I slowed my pace somewhat until the Wookiee and I were side by side. "Orders are orders."
His response was a low growl followed by more muttered sounds. The translation program in the pad dutifully tackled the complex language, doing its best to convert each subtle nuance in each sound into an understandable message. Finally, it displayed the results of its labor.
Then why not take me back to the others instead of following you around everywhere? I'd rather have that.
Clearly, he was getting irritated. And if there was one thing anyone in the Galaxy knew, it was that irritated Wookiees are very bad for your health. So I tried to lighten the mood, shrugging and saying "Maybe I thought I'd get lonely."
The joke fell faster than a TIE Interceptor at full throttle pointed down on a high gravity planet.
"Sorry," I apologized.
Chewbacca muttered a reply. There is another reason behind this.
At the risk of further irritation, I nodded. "Yeah, there is. The whole reason I pulled you and Solo into my office. This treaty is still pretty fragile, Chewbacca. And your friend's mouth is not helping matters."
I smiled slightly again. "Besides, would you rather stay stuck in an office or stretch your legs a little?"
My companion woofed back an interrogative response. But if I am not the main problem, why continue to hold me? Besides, my cub is off on his own again and most likely causing trouble.
When the word cub appeared, I chuckled again. "Ams--" I immediately stopped, flashing back to our quarrel on the Liquidator. Is that what he meant? How often had I called him Ams in public and on duty? "Um, Moff Jendob can be pretty patient."
The pad once again displayed Chewbacca's reply. But patience only wears so far.
In response, I smirked up at the big Wookiee. "I know the Moff pretty well," I told him. I could even tell you what color underwear he has on, I joked, the words never leaving my skull for my mouth. "We went to the Academy together."
The two-meter tall being grunted in acknowledgement, then looked away. He began sniffing at the air cautiously, and glancing around. I immediately became alert, scanning the area. "What's wrong?" I asked. But he just shook his shaggy, brown-haired head. Pushing any suspicions aside, I tried to keep him busy with small talk. "So, how did you and your 'cub' meet?"
Chewbacca laughed softly while barking and yowling his reply. I thought that was common knowledge by now.
"Why?" I asked. "I really don't know."
A series of Wookiee words followed, with popping in in the middle.
Well, with his mouth... He saved me and was discharged from your service.
"Oh," I answered, not getting the full meaning of what he was saying. "I knew Solo was discharged," I thought aloud.
A few more grunts issued from his throat. And that is the reason why.
The full impact then struck me. Solo's record had an obscure reference as to his charge, but it fell into place now. Chewbacca had been enslaved, Solo tried to do something about it, and was discharged.
"I'm truly sorry," I said. For what, I wasn't sure. That time couldn't be turned back and this gentle giant never enslaved? That the Empire's racism was still present with hardliners, even if it was now seriously frowned upon instead of endorsed? Or any number of other issues?
The big Wookiee made an odd sound, one I couldn't really place. The translator returned the result. "Sorry?"
I thought for a moment, and decided. "About what the Empire did to you and your people. To anyone who wasn't human. Trust me, I know what it's like to be looked down on because I'm not human."
Four years of hell at the Academy came to mind, being passed over for promotions, missions, awards, and damn near everything else. So vivid was the torrent of memory and emotion that I didn't even realize Chewbacca had answered me until I saw more text on the datapad.
Yet you made it in their ranks.
"Only by busting my ass," I almost snapped. "Sorry, that wasn't very professional."
The Wookiee shrugged and we continued our walk to the landing pad.
After a moment, I spoke again. "Why did Solo change his mind about us? When I spoke to him the first time, he seemed to want to stop fighting."
Chewbacca replied with a long string sounds that the translator was hard-pressed to keep up with. I watched as words jumped around in the forming sentence, vanished, appeared, and changed until he was done.
That doesn't surprise me, he tends to do that alot; although, I'm not sure he ever changed his opinion about you.
I grunted. "We're not asking people to change their opinion. We just want to stop fighting."
But people don't believe you. That's the problem, translated the datapad.
"Yeah, I know," I admitted, then smiled a little at the Wookiee. "You've been around the block a few times. What do you think?"
Chewbacca replied in his native tongue, and the datapad was rapidly proving its worth. Me? I am willing to give you a chance, but I'm not holding too of hopes.
I shrugged. "At least it's a start."
He let a short bark. Perhaps.
Finally, our walk came to end. "You know what? Forget about that escort business. If you want to go back, you can," I told him. "You're a guest here, not a prisoner."
Chewbacca sniffed at the air again, and cocked his head before woofing a short reply. I glanced at the datapad. And you?
I pointed my thumb at the door. "I gotta put with whoever's out there. Probably some sniveling bureaucrat who can't see past the end of his nose."
The big Wookiee laughed, and started to turn away to return to his companions.
"And, if any smartass gives you lip," I said, quickly clearing the pad's screen and scrawling a message and signature with the attached stylus, "Show them this."
It was a security pass so he could return to Solo and his wife without having to worry about Security detaining him. He took the pad.
"I'm glad I had this chance to meet you, Chewbacca. You've shown me that not everyone is like Solo."
The Wookiee bared his teeth in what I thought was an approximation of a smile, and commented. I couldn't be sure, but the gestures and tone of his voice almost made it seem like he was saying, "There is no one else in the Galaxy quite like him." Of course, for all I knew, he was threatening to rip my arms out for insulting his friend.
If it was that first one, and if Thanagarians had any gods, I'd be thanking every last one that no one else is like Solo.
With that, I turned and walked out onto the landing pad. The ship sitting there had some familiar lines, even though I had never seen one before. Of course, the figure striding towards me with an ear-to-ear grin was unmistakeable.
"Now what brings you all the way out here?" I asked.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Han's mind was the equivalent of a Tatooine sandstorm. The incident in the Grand Moff's office continued to replay in his mind over and over again. And everytime it came to the part where he had hauled off and slugged the man, his anger grew. No, it wasn't remorse or whatever the hell Leia wanted him to feel - it was pure anger for the man and his Empire.

In fact, he was so caught up in his personal agenda that he failed to notice Leia become abnormally quiet. It wasn't until they were halfway down the corridor that Han realized she had not responded to his words.

Stopping in mid-stride, Han glimpsed over in her direction and frowned at what he saw. Her usual calm composure was masked over with a vacant expression and she appeared slightly pale.

Immediately two things crossed Han's mind. One was that the sight of the Grand Moff had made her physically ill - which was unlikely. And the other was the Force. Gods, he hoped it wasn't that. Not only was it something he didn't understand, but to be honest, it drove him insane to just hear Luke ramble on about it. Not to mention, when it affected someone like this, it usually meant trouble.

Determined to break his wife from the spell, Han sidestepped into her path and brought her to a sudden halt. When Leia was still unmoved by his actions, Han began to truly worry. Just how strong was this hold on her anyway?

Han set his jaw into a firm line and clamped one hand onto her shoulder while waving another humorously in front of her face. "Hey princess," he said with some concern. "You still with me?"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I strode through the hall with the person I met on the landing platform, talking and laughing with her. A small entourage of a couple guards and her aide followed close behind.
I hadn't seen her in months. Her green eyes sparkled in a way I hadn't seen in decades. Her red hair was cut shorter than the last time we met, but other than that, she changed little in appearence. But her demeanor was vastly improved.
"So, how is Thanagar? Is the Prefect giving you any problems?" I asked.
Thanagarian Supreme Magistrate Canjra Hol shook her head. "None. And honestly, the planet has really improved since we joined the Empire. Hell, your taxes are lower than mine were," she chuckled.
I smiled. "Well, it's good to know that someone thinks we help out."
As soon as I said that, I saw a small knot of people ahead: Solo, his wife, and Chewbacca.
I couldn't help but smile at Chewbacca. His demeanor earlier was a complete surprise to me.
"Hi, Chewbacca. I see you found your cub," I chuckled.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The distinct sound of boots clicking against the polished corridor floor echoed down the narrow passage toward Han and Leia. Brow furrowing with the loss of concentration, Han raised his gaze to look upon the newcomers, his hand still firmly placed on Leia's shoulder in the hopes that she would snap out of her daze.

Han's mouth gaped slightly at the sight he saw. Coming toward him were four winged humanoids being led by none other than Hol herself. Han scowled at the bird woman and opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by an overly euphoric Wookiee howl. Han stepped back and turned toward Chewie, who was huddling at the back of the group. Upon seeing the bird woman, he came forward. Han watched on in silence, eyebrows raised curiously.

"Hi, Chewbacca. I see you found your cub."

Chewie snickered at the comment as Han's expression once again turned to a scowl. He turned toward his partner with a deadly glare. "Cub?" Han questioned before stepping before the towering Wookiee and socking him just below the shoulder. "What did I tell you 'bout using that?!" His eyes darted toward Hol. "Especially in front of them."

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

"How do you mean 'them'?"
My mouth had opened to say the words, but it was Canjra's that they issued forth from.
"I don't know who you are, or who you think you are, and I really don't care. If you have a problem with Thanagar or its people, then fine. Just keep your racist cracks to yourself."
I blinked, a little stunned by the cold venom in her words.
"I think he meant the Empire," I whispered, then spoke up a little louder. "Anyway... Admiral," I said in sarcastically polite tones. "This is the Supreme Magistrate of Thanagar. Canjra; Grand Admiral Han Solo, Chief of State Leia Organa Solo; and Chewbacca."
She nodded to each except Solo, then gestured to her own party. "Lieutenants Talak and Dargan, my security officers. And my personal aide, Clehr Daens."
A slim blonde woman stepped forward. Her eyes were green, and she was about twelve centimeters shorter than me. Her wings were a lighter in hue than my own, appearing almost white. Her face was somewhat round, but friendly. She looked oddly familiar, too.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Han glared at the group of bird people, eyes darting to each of them as introductions were made. If truth be told, he wasn't even listening. It was all the same to him and by now, he learned to just nod his head and go through the motions.

Except this time he wasn't too inclined to do any of that. The anger that burned into him from the woman's words was the only thing he could focus on. Clenching his jaw in agitation, Han turned his gaze back on that single woman. When Hol was finally done flapping her mouth, Han began to speak.

"Racist?!" Han sputtered. "Look hawky, I had enough of these quips from people like you. I suggest you think a little before throwing words like that 'round! How you got racist out of 'them' is beyond me but it tells me a lot 'bout you and your people." Sneering one last time at her to make his point clear, Han turned his attention back to Hol. "I suggest you keep a better hold on your 'friends.'"

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Canjra snarled and seemed ready to leap upon Solo, but I grabbed her shoulder.
"No," I said firmly. "Don't give him what he wants. All of you, just follow me."
Then I gave Solo an icy stare. "You're damned lucky there's a treaty protecting you right now, Solo. Damned lucky."
I gently tugged on Canjra's arm. "Come on. The rest of you, follow me."
With that, I led the Thanagarians away from the cocky bastard.
I don't give a shit if Chewbacca's there... I still want to tear that asshole limb from limb.

The office suite was just a short walk away, so tempers were still high when we reached our destination. I led Canjra into Ams' office.
"We have a visitor, sir."
He looked up, a confused expression on his features. But when I stepped aside and Canjra came in, he grinned.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject:

As Leia watched the departure of the "bird people", she turned back towards Han. "Can't I trust you anywhere?" She muttered with a scowl on her fast, turning away and storming down the corridor.

Leia rubbed her temple slightly, massaging away the small headache that was forming within her head. She knew it wasn't just a normal headache; it was a warning sign. She recognized it well, yet she couldn't place what the message through the Force was trying to tell her. It had been so long.

However, one thing was obviously clear: they had to get moving. Perhaps the fight that occured moments before had encouraged the Moff to detain the Rebels. She didn't doubt it, although she didn't know for sure. She determined the safest course of action was to get out of this place.

Still walking, she glanced over at Han. "I think we need to leave...now." She said.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:

"What are you doing on Coruscant?" I asked.
The Thanagarian Magistrate shrugged as she sat down. "You gave me an open invitation, remember?" Then she paused, wary now. "That's still open, yes?"
"Oh, of course. I just didn't expect you."
Canjra let out an relieved giggle, which was actually markedly different from any relieved chuckle I had ever heard Shayera make. Yet their relation was easy to see. They looked a great deal alike, though Canjra was somewhat shorter.
"Anyway, I'm here on a sabbatical. Thanagar is practically running itself," she smiled. "To be honest, I was skeptical about joining the Empire. We'd heard about some... things."
I nodded somberly. "We can't hide from our past."
"I even had the military on alert for a couple months, just in case. But everything has been fine. In fact, I'd say things are better now than five months ago."
I raised an eyebrow. "Really? That's excellent."
She smiled. Shayera, who was leaning against the doorframe, then posed a question. "If you're on sabbatical, why the aide and guards?"
Canjra glanced up at her sister and smirked wryly. "Our dear hermanito insisted."
Shayera laughed warmly, then looked at her watch. "Hmm. Shift's about to end. Where are you staying, Canjra?"
My sister-in-law appeared nonplussed. "I don't know," she admitted. "This is the first planet I've ever been on besides Thanagar."
I finished signing a request as Shayera offered, "You can stay with us."
Canjra's face went through a series of emotions. "Oh, I don't want to be a bother."
I smiled. "Nonsense. We'd love to have you."
"Yeah. We don't charge, either," Shy laughed.
Canjra considered it for a moment, then nodded. "All right. But, what about everyone with me?"
She cares about those with her. Probably from the wars to reunite her planet, I noted mentally.
"Um, Canjra," Shayera said apologetically. "It's a four-bedroom house. And one is being used," she smiled at me.
"The guards have barracks at our Embassy. I'm thinking of Clehr."
I gave Shayera a puzzled look.
"Her aide," the elder Thanagarian explained.
"Without her, I'd forget my head if it weren't attached," the younger one said.
I shrugged. "It's up to her, really."
Canjra smiled and nodded. "Okay."
I signed off on the last report, then shut down the computer terminal.
"Shall we?"

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Administrator...

The words rang in Ravik's ear as he thought about his promotion, that along with commanding all of the Imperial Security Bureau. If ever there was a time to be grateful it was now.

Then again, the reason I got this position was because Nevin's loyalties no longer lie with the Empire. It was a bitter enough thought to ruin his achievement.

Ravik shook his head and decided not to dwell on what had already happened. Nothing was more important than accepting the new responsibilities of his new post. He wouldn't want to make a fool of himself and a fool of the people who nominated him.

He turned to his screen, and powered it up.

As soon as Ravik turned on his screen, his comm started beeping. He picked it up and flicked it "on".

"Administrator Shadowstalker speaking."

The voice on the other end, his security officer, said quickly, "Sir, there was an suspicious local walking out of the palace, and he didn’t seem to have a real reason to be here, though he gave excuses alright. I was able to get his name out of him. It was uh… Truton, Jamal Truton.”

Ravik really didn’t like the sound of that. “How long ago was this?”

His security officer replied, “About, uh, 5 minutes ago, sir.”

Probably some Rebel supporter who didn’t like the truce. He wasn’t surprised they already had some insurgents, although, of course, they weren’t going to say they were Rebel. “Understood. I’m out.”

The Rebels were bad enough. But now someone dared to make a mockery of their…alliance? I will take care of him myself. He will answer to me, and he will regret defying us.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject:

Crossing his arms over his chest, Han watched on in mock humor as the small entourage of bird people attempted to retort his comments. They didn't get far, however, before Hol stepped in and decided to play the peacemaker. That thought was a complete joke in its own right. Hol was just as guilty of treason and cold-blooded murder as the next Imperial. There was no fooling him with her innocent facade. Han learned to see through such masks, much like the one Hol wore, in his time.

A satisfied smirk spread across his features now as Hol once again tried to threaten him before escorting her little group down the hall. Han felt like rolling his eyes at the situation. When will they learn? He would've done it too if it weren't for Leia, who had suddenly snapped out of her daze, breathing down his neck.

"Can't I trust you anywhere?" she hissed as they once again started to make their way down the corridor.

"Hey sweetheart," he said with a slight hint of cockiness in his voice. "Remember you're the one who forced me to come. If you would've left me at home, like I asked, you wouldn't be having this--"

Han stopped as a frown crossed his face. In just that short of a timespan, Leia had managed to once again slip into that dazed state. This time was different, however. She was still able to continue down the corridor, but her gaze was still distant. On top of that, she massaged her temples as if she was in a great deal of pain. Han didn't like this one bit.

"Leia...what's wrong?" he inquired with concern.

Just as quickly as she had slipped into that distant state, she returned, eyes fluttering slightly before focusing on Han. She looked distraught. "I think we need to leave...now.

Han's mood instantly lightened at her words. This was the last thing he had expected to come out of her mouth. "Leave?" A sly smile managed to creep onto his face. "Princess, that's the best thing I've heard all day."

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Let's see, Jamal Roseb openly defied the Empire in a public speech, so he obviously has atleast moderate intelligence. Except for defying the Empire. So this fool won't be stupid enough to stick his head up anywhere in the upper levels of Coruscant, he's probably running down to the bottom right now. Ravik went over these facts in his head.

If he is looking for more people to join, he won't be in the middle of the streets again. One, because he will easily be ID'd by any Imperials that happen to be down there. And two, who in their right mind is going to wander the lower levels of Coruscant? Only people that are dumb, drunk, or have a death wish. So this mean's he's most likely at some bar, that's the only place mercanaries would be.

Ravik smiled. He was going to catch this little Neo Rebel, as he called him, right where he thought no Imperial would go.

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanates approached the massive complex, still sporting some of the scaffolding that was used in its reconstruction. He approached one of the guards to the main gates, and bowed to the armor-clad individual. "Good afternoon, sir. My name is Thanates Scyntor, and I've come to inquire about a potential reinstatement of my training with the Imperial Stormtrooper Command." The trooper looked him over, Thanates' chin coming to the top of the helmet. The trooper stood silent a moment, evaluating the being's security risk.

"To gain access to the Imperial Facilities, we must hold on to all of your weapons, and you must have binders on your wrists before we allow you into the complex." Thanates nodded his affirmation, then slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out the vibroblade. He ran his fingers lovingly over the worn grip before he passed it to the trooper, who passed it to one of the other troopers on duty. He clicked his internal commlink on, and spoke with military efficiency. "This is PG-23-159 requesting a replacement on duty at the eastern gate." The trooper turned to Thanates, who had already turned his back and presented his wrists for binding. We will have to wait until my replacement arrives before I bring you to the palace, Mr. Scyntor."

"I understand completely, and I would expect no less from the Galactic Empire." As the binders clicked, he let his shoulders relax slightly as he waited for the replacement to arrive...

This will be the last post I make here until I know I'm allowed inside - requesting an Imperial Commander (other than Jax) to verify.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Alright, so I lied. but I'm bored!

"Thank you for your patience, Mr. Scyntor. We are still waiting for confirmation from visual analysis to make sure you do not pose a threat." The stormtrooper looked to his replacement, and then back to the 2 meter tall being, apparently incredulous that the man had ever made it into the Stormtrooper corps, much less was removed from it.

"As I said, given the time this place has had, I can certainly appreciate the extra security measures... especially with Emperor Vader's safety on the line." Thanates blinked as three blasters lifted to his head, and he found himself staring down the barrel of the one who was to bring him up.

"What do you mean, Thanates?" The voice was immediately professional, all trace of humanity gone as the trooper reverted into his training in dealing with a potentially hostile target, finger trembling slightly as he tightened his grip on the blaster.

"One of my gifts, the reason I wanted to be a trooper in the first place, is that I have an inherent ability to sense when something is wrong... and right now, I am sensing something in the direction of the Imperial Palace. I don't know for sure exactly what it is, but I know that it is something around here..." Thanates stood motionless, his hands completely relaxed, fingers splayed to show the troopers behind him that he was concealing nothing... not that he would have had time to react with the muzzle of a blaster at the base of his skull.

The trooper stood silent a moment, then spoke to his commlink again. "This is PG-23-159 requesting an immediate audience with a representative from Imperial Intelligence as well as Stormtrooper Command - We have reason to suspect a security risk in the Imperial Palace, and a potential informant waiting at the east gate." The trooper turned to Thanates, then back to the gate, starting to get anxious...
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject:

"SIR! There's been a riot on the North Side - all available units are being called in!" The trooper before Thanates backhanded the overanxious cadet, stunning him a moment. The trooper stood silent a moment, then grabbed the keys and unhooked the binders from Thanates's wrists.

"If you want to prove yourself, now would be the time. The encampment is one and a half kilometers to the north. You have authorization to use any methods necessary to bring the riot under control." The trooper saluted Thanates and flipped his vibroblade back, which the being caught nimbly between two fingers and flipped it over his knuckles, settling it into his pocket. He turned without hesitation, and ran towards the fray, meeting up with four squads of troopers along the way.
 Back to top »
Moff Yittreas

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Yittreas glanced around the rebuilt Palace. The engineers had salvaged what the could of the original structure, but still some subtle notes let the Moff know he wasn't at the Palace. It was most unsettling, and Yittreas despised being unsettled.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: