Rattatak
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Rattatak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Rattatak

Neo watched the senior members of the Order argue among themselves. The situation on Rattatak was becoming dire. The Necromongers, a army belonging to the only remaining warlord on Rattatak and whose strange beliefs were the Order's target, were powerful and fought to the death. one belief in particular was seen as their weakness. Their "you keep what you kill" notion that was designed to allow the best fighters to climb the ranks by assassinating more senior officers. The catch was it had to be one person doing the killing, as a group of people couldn't take a single position.

The order had sent many assassains in, and thus far none had even managed to enter the Spire. This was the source of the arguments. The Order's intelligence Spec Ops were not up to the task of infiltration, as they fanatically refused to learn how the Necromongers worked. The leader of the necromongers, a powerful Rattataki and descendant of Asajj Ventress, the savior, Adam Ritchie, ruled his people with an iron fist. Rumors of cannibalism had also reached the ears of the Order members.

Ritchie's doctrine of keep what you kill had attracted many rattataki youths, and had also killed just as many. Rattatak's space program was non-existant, so appealing to the factions of the galaxy for help was not an option. The Order had tried to send Neo in, but he refused, saying that he would not participate until their intelligence teams were willing to give him adequate cover.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject:

The Stooge and Predictable emerged from hyperspace just outside sensor range of the planet Rattatak. Their commanders were under strict orders from James to watch and wait for him to arrive.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

The beautiful wormhole of hyperspace reverted into the red hued orb of the planet Rattatak. James broadcast his transponder codes and hailed the Stooge and Predictable.

"Its been a while."
"Yes sir."
"Rejoin formation."
"Yes sir."

James rolled his eyes. Clones were so boring. He hailed the planet.

"This is James Vita, on board the Corellian Corvette, Death's Blade, can anybody hear me?"
"Go away, we don't want your kind here," came a gruff reply in basic.
"You don't even know who my kind is," replied James.
"I know you are not of this world. Attempt to land, outsider, and I will personally see to it that you are destroyed."
"I would really like to see you try it," replied James.

As James was talking to this man, another reply came in the form of a burst transmission. James played it, but it was in Rattataki.

"Translate it," he said to one of his bridge officers.

James kept talking to the man on the other end, kept baiting him and infuriating him.

"It says that the Order is happy to welcome the outsider to Rattatak and would he please meet them at these co-ordinates."
"Then we land at those co-ordinates."
"Yes, sir!"

James brought the Blade down and landed it near one of Rattatak’s many arenas. He left alone and climbed up on to of the corvette, surveying the landscape. A barren, rock planet, Rattatak was home to a civil war that had never ceased. Their fighting nature made them a perfect target for slavers. At least that was what the holonet had told him. There was a cloud of dust in the distance. James got out his electro binoculars and had a look.

It was a small six-wheeled crawler. At the wheel was a thin-looking old man with a wasted look on his face. James went below quickly and grabbed a long blaster. He lay prone on top of the corvette, just behind the cockpit bubble. He looked through the scope, and saw that the man was being chased by several strong looking youngsters armed with blasters. He zoomed right in on the weapons. They were old and barbaric, but no less lethal. James squeezed the trigger, burning off the youth’s hand, along with most of the blaster. He screamed in pain, his crawler skidding sideways before crashing into a large rock formation.

There was just one crawler left now, this one ridiculously overcrowded with eight of them somehow fitting in the tiny open cockpit craft. James shot out the front left tire, causing the vehicle to spin out of control for several hundred metres before coming to a stop. The old man continued towards the corvette, a smile on his wasted old features. He stopped about fifty metres away and called out in basic.

“You no shoot, stranger?”

James climbed down, slinging the long blaster around onto his back.

“Right, I no shoot.”
“Good. I thought for a moment that you were another slaver who had intercepted the transmission.”

James stared at the man, dumbfounded.

“What? The dumb native thing is an act. The reality of our situation is simple. Every once in a while slavers arrive and make us fight each other to see who wins. The problem is that nobody ever survives more than a couple of fights, so it is pointless. You saved my life, so I will let you in on the secret of my existence. I am a part of a group called the Order for the Restoration of Peace to Rattatak, or just The Order. We are a large underground movement consisting of elders and most of the middle generation. The elders like myself are among those who were alive when Asajj Ventress united the warlords and brought a shaky peace to our world. We would like to see that peace return. The problem is with our youth, those fifteen to twenty-five years old. Whenever they suspect that somebody is part of the Order, they attack, not letting the person defend themselves. They are inflamed by their leader, a cannibalistic tyrant by the name of Adam Ritchie. If he were to be taken out, we could no doubt open talks with the members of his gang and convince them that peace is what we need. You have a ship, and you know your way around a blaster. Will you help us?”
“Three words, Old Man. Not. My. Fight.”
“Perhaps, but the people of this world need a leader. You would be a god amongst the Rattataki. Think about it; and entire planet dedicated to you.”

James paused for a moment. This was his chance for power as well as riches. It was also an opportunity to slap his father in the face and prove that Arlyn’s parting words were true.

“Very well, Old man. You make your point well. I will do it. Where is this Adam Ritchie based?”
“There is a spire of rock approximately three hundred klicks north of here. You will find him in his throne room at the centre.”
“And what does he look like?”
“Human; black hair; brown eyes; wears a black cape and a silver helmet. His group call themselves the necromongers. Roughly means death-worshippers. When you are finished, contact the senior members of the Order on this frequency and inform them of the surrender.”
“Right. I will leave now then.”
“You’re walking?” the man said incredulously.
“You know of a better way to sneak in?”
“Well no, but it is three hundred klicks.”
“This is why I’m leaving now.”

James raised his comm-link.

“Double-oh-one, I am going on a mission for the Rattataki. Stay on full alert, I may need a pickup.”
“Yes sir,” replied the clone.

James went inside to collect supplies before setting off north.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject:

Neo watched the outlander's progress with interest. It had been only two days since he left the meeting site and already he was well over halfway to his destination. Neo leaned forward as his quarry moved out of his line of sight, disturbing a pile of pebbles and sending them cascading down the rock wall of the valley. He hastily lowered his night-vision electrobinoculars and crouched behind a boulder. He waited a ten-breath count and looked back around.

The Outlander was gone. Cursing silently, he stood up and turned around, lowering the Spec-ops night vision goggles onto his face. At once, he jumped back, startled, for standing directly in front of him, eyes glowing, was the outlander.

"There a reason why you're following me, boy?" said James, pointing his pistol at Neo's head.

Neo dived to the left, narrowly missing the bullet as it ricocheted off the boulder behind him. James holstered his pistol and stepped forward to engage, hand to hand. As Neo got up James swung a punch at his head, but the agile youngster ducked and wept James fet from under him.

James landed flat on his back, but was up again in the blink of an eye. He feigned another punch at Neo's head and reversed, swing a kick to the other side of his torso. Neo blocked again, siezing James by the throat. James grabbed Neo's arm, twisting it behind his back. Neo kicked James in the face, rolling forward and coming up in a low defensive stance.

James was stunned for a moment, but recovered quickly and waited for Neo to make his move. He swung a kick at James' midsection, allowing James to grab his leg and remove the Spec-ops goggles. Now that Neo was effectively blind, James landed punch after punch, before kicking Neo to the ground.

"Wait," Neo croaked, "the Order send me to test you. To make sure you are worthy. I have never lost a fight before you. Go now, Outlander. You are worthy."

James chucked the Spec-Ops goggles into the valley and continued on his way, deciding that even though the little oddity may be lying, he couldn't see well enough to track him anyway.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject:

After just over a week, James was looking out over the spire of the Necromongers. James had expected a ragtag bunch of stupid kids who didn’t who better, but what he found instead was a highly disciplined fighting army, complete with gun-metal gray battle armour and helmets. He had been watching the spire for a full day-night cycle now and now was waiting for the dusk two-man patrol.

They walked past his hiding place, their armour clanking loudly. James waited in silence for their return trip. When they walked past he sprang, driving a blade deep into one’s backbone while moving to break the neck of the second. He finished the first off and dragged them into the dark cave. A brief moment later he emerged, clad in Necromonger armour with two blades concealed on his person.

A thirty-man squad was sent out ten minutes later, when the first failed to return. James snatched the rearmost member of their formation and broke his neck, leaving him with the others. Quickly and quietly he caught up, entering the spire with the rest of the squad. They moved directly to the throne room where they lined up on either side of the room, their blasters holsters and their battle axes held at their sides.

The lead member of the squad approached the throne and kneeled.

“Líder estimado, no podríamos encontrar ningún rastro de los hombres ausentes.” he said in Rattataki.
“In basic, squad leader.”
“Yes sir. We could find no trace of the missing patrol.”
“That is two patrols in as many days. Tell me, squad leader, what does this say to you?”
“That the Order is growing more reckless, sir.”
“Or they are hiring mercs. One of your troops is not what he should be, squad leader. Perhaps you are facilitating the Order.”
“No, sir. Never sir.”
“I sentence you to death, squad leader, for treason,” Ritchie yelled, his words ringing through the chamber. The rest of the squad cheered as he grabbed the unfortunate man by the head and severed his jugular vein with his teeth, the blood pouring down his front. Aware that he had been discovered, James walked out of formation.

“You should clean your self up, sir,” he said mockingly.
“So you are the merc responsible for killing my patrols. Interesting that you should take their armour. Perhaps you know more of our ways than I could have suspected.”

James removed the helmet and tossed it at the Ritchie’s feet.

“Have it back, then.”
“Oh no, mercenary, here amongst the Necromongers you keep what you kill. The armor is yours. If I were to want it back, I would have to do this, he said as he drew his blaster and fired. The move betrayed his youth and inexperience. He leaned into his blaster side, betraying his next move so that James was already moving by the time the blaster came up. The bolt pinged harmlessly against the wall.

James’ attack was not so harmless. One of his blades was now sticking out of Ritchie’s blaster hand, the blaster now sitting at his feet. James advanced on the Necro commander, his axe at the ready. Ritchie rolled back, grabbing his own axe. James laughed and, his hand a mere blur, flung the other blade into Ritchie’s other hand. The boy fell to his knees. James walked forward and swung the axe horizontally, parting Ritchie’s head from his body.

He summoned all necromongers to the throne room, and delivered to them the terms of their surrender to the Order. Their unique ways left them no choice but to accept these terms. James contacted the Order to inform them of the Necromonger surrender.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr

Last edited by kypjargon on Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

James sat at the head of table in the intelligence centre of the Order base on Rattatak. The Order was now the major power, as James had dissolved the Necromongers as soon as he was their leader. The intelligence head, a gorgeous brunette human by the name of Tiara Tranada, was briefing James on how the planet was faring following the defeat of the Necromongers.

"So far we are doing suprising well. Nobody has stepped up to fill the power vacuum. It actually looks like the people are accepting peace. Kinda bad news for you, though," she said slyly.
"In what way," replied James instantly suspicious.

Tiara looked around nervously. She motioned for James to lean closer.

"There is talk of turning Rattatak into a democracy. While its better for the people, it is in direct contrast to their deal with you. My agents have also heard talk of getting Neo to assasinate you. I am telling you this now so that you have fair warning. You can stay and fight, or you can cut your losses and leave. Should you decide to leave, I know I have some information that will be of much use to you."
"Why are you helping me?" said James, still suspicious.
"Because you helped us," Tiara said simply.
"Still, you are the Intelligence Director, lying to strangers is your job."
"You aren't a stranger."
"I am to Rattatak."
"Not to me, or to the Order. There is a project concerning the establishment of our Navy that I am the head of."
"I'm listening," said James.
"Well the project itself has hit sort of a wall. We have the blueprints for the ships, but we lack the resources and the holonet broadcasting capacity to make it work. I'm saying we should steal the blueprints and leave this hellhole."
"You really hate it here, don't you," said James.
"I have a lot of repressed memories of this place, lets leave it at that."
"Whatever suits you," James said with a shrug.
"We should finish up, here," she said, our time is up, "I will see you tomorrow night for your next meeting."
"Okay," said James, saluting.

Tiara laughed.

"Go to bed, outlander."

James went outside and boarded his ship. He went straight to 001 for a security report.

"Did anyone come aboard today while I was gone."
"The assassain, Neo Li and an an Elder came aboard and put a listening device under your chair on the bridge. I feigned a weapon malfunction and shot it. The remnants are in your quarters."
"Good work, soldier."
"Yes sir."

James went straight to his quarters. On his desk were a few fragment of metal.

Some weapon malfunction, he thought with a smile.

He posted 003 and 004 outside his quarters and stepped up the patrols in the corridor outside, keeping his Droidekas on full alert. These treacherous fools would not get him that easily.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

James awoke in the morning, well rested and ready for the treachery of the Order. He still wasn't sure of Tiara's motives, but the listening device found by 001 left little doubt as to the reliability of her claims. He lowered the landing ramp to see Neo Li, the little assassain who attacked James on the way to the Necro Spire.

"Walk with me, Mr Vita," he said.
"Sure," said James as he fell into step with Li.
"So how goes the Intelligence Debriefing."
"Its fine."
"She's beautiful, isn't she."
"I assume this conversation has a point," said James, his hand straying to one of the blades on his belt, "you should make it."
"I find it interesting that you should get along so well with her in particular. You might have noticed, but she is not from around here."
"Yeah I did notice that, but I'm sure that's not your point," said James sliding the blade slightly out of its sheath.

Neo whipped out a katana and brought it to a horizontal guard position. James resheathed the blade he had his hand on and selected his two loner blades. While they didn't have the reach of the katana, Li's advantage was countered by the fact that there were two of them.

Neo lunged, swinging his sword brutally. James parried, crossing his blades to take the full force of the blow. He twisted them, cleaving the top off the katana before kicking Neo in the stomach. The small Rattataki fell to his knees, but recovered quickly. He threw the sword aside and motioned for James to do the same.

James sheathed his blades.

"I don't think so, traitor," he said, drawing his pistol and shooting Neo in the chest.
"The code of honor," Neo sputtered.
"Doesn't apply when you betray me."

James shot Neo again, this time in the head. He didn't stop there though. He kept shooting until he had emptied the entire magazine into Neo's chest. He reloaded and holstered his pistol. As he did so, Tiara came running towards him, heavy blaster in hand.

"Oh thank the stars. They told me Neo was dispatched to kill you. I had to pretend like I didn't care. Oh I was so worried. But here, I have the disc with the blueprints. We can leave right away."
"Good," said James. "lets go."

It was not as simple as James hoped though. The Order had surrounded his ship. He crouched behind some cover about twenty metres from their line and got out his commlink.

"Oh-oh-one this is Vita, do you read?"
"Loud and clear sir."
"I want you to send out all fifteen Droidekas to engage the Order troops surrounding the ship. Once they have engaged provide covering fire. I will be coming in hot so keep the off my ass. We are bringing the Intelligence Director along too, so don't shoot her."
"Understood sir."
"Good, Vita out."

Tiara looked at him strangely.

"Well thats comforting ... 'umm would you mind awfully not shooting her'"
"Its better than a blaster bolt between the eyes. Come on."

James peered over the top of the boulder. The landing ramp descended, all fifteen Droidekas unfolding in a half-circle formation. They unfurled, activating their shield generators and waiting for the Rattataki to make a move.

They did, their blasts bouncing off the Droidekas shields uselessly. James unsheathed two blades and took a running jump off the top of the rock. He buried the blades into one of the troops, before removing them and moving on to the next. Tiara kept up a deadly web of laser bolts behind him, ensuring that nobody suprised him. 001 and 002 did the same from the landing ramp.

In less than a minute the Order troops were all dead.

"Come on," James motioned to Tiara, "that isn't the last of them."

Tiara and James ran aboard. The droidekas disengaged and followed them. Within five minutes they are in the air, and not a moment too soon as the reinforcements arrived with heavier weapons. They do not manage to score a hit.

James commed the rest of the fleet as soon as they broke orbit.

"Prepare for hyperspace, Destination: Geonosis."
"Yes sir."

The stars stretched to lines as the three ships jumped into hyperspace.

James is en route to Geonosis in the Death's Blade.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Rattatak
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: