Night One - Dinner
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night One - Dinner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Night One - Dinner

Costume Reference:

Alatáriël Pallanén:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/calias2/01521428.jpg

Dinner reference:
http://www.amusebouchecatering.com/images/fancy_dinner_large.jpg

Alatáriël Pallanén entered the Grand Ballroom of the Imperial Palace. It was oddly decorated to correspond with the costume portion of the Galaxy Ball. As the Thanagarian entered with her devilish robes, she collected stares from around the room. Not exactly what one would expect, but it wasn't as extreme as some imagined. She was merely playing the general opposite of her most famous title. A Demon.

Alatáriël crossed the many and long tables that were established. Each table was different, representing the many different races and customs of the known galaxy. As the brunette entered the kitchen, the cooks and service assistance saluted at once. She grinned, "This isn't the military." They all cracked a smile and went back to work.

Arlyn took the time to get to know each and show gratitude for their assistance. They would be handling some of the most respectable and moral people this galaxy had to offer and the complete opposite. Bounty hunters were considered scum of the galaxy, but they were invited for a purpose. Quite opposite to what many believed...

The Chief of Alliance Security moved about her business, frequently checking her data padd to ensure she was on time. She arrived at the front of the Imperial Palace doors, to where the deformed Imperial Captain was waiting. She greeted him with an odd warm smile, "Ready?" she asked him. Her stomach moved oddly, most likely due to the disgusting facial features present on the man's face. He gave a nod and opened the grand doors.

The Galaxy Ball had begun.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid

Last edited by Arlyn on Sat May 20, 2006 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Lucious Victorinox approached the security checkpoint. He had seen and talked with many of his politician friends. He was wearing a uniform, no doubt, but it had a striking similarity to that of Ams Jendob's. Thought entirely different and impersonation would not be heard of, it had a remarkable resemblance. Instead of ranks and the various medals, it displayed 'Grand Fool of the Umpire'. The 'e' was changed at the last minute, in order to provide a less provocative entry.

Sebastion, or whatever the name of his 'guard', was tagging behind. He was enjoying a conversation with Jack and Irina. His eldest alien friends, the thanagarian parents to Arlyn, were not exactly in costumes, but they were here to support their daughter.

Alatáriël Pallanén.

The beautiful thanagarian Security Chief was a recent addition to the Galactic Alliance high commnd, yet an extreme asset. None has proved more efficient than herself, except perhaps of the legendary Leia Organa Solo. But Lucious cared for Arlyn more than he did for Leia. Little did the galaxy know, Alatáriël Pallanén was his goddaughter.

Lucious entered the checkpoint and was cleared immediately. When he turned to the left he witnessed the most disgusting and deformed Imperial to ever walk the face of the galaxy. "My goodness man!" Lucious laughed, "Brilliant! Brilliant! The steps these imperials go to, are shocking!” Lucious and his aide made it through and proceeded towards the dinner table. Some snickered at Lucious's costume others shook their heads. They knew Lucious had gone a bit too far, but it was in his nature.

NOTE: Due to color irregularites and a slightly different design, it would not be confused with a true Supreme Moff uniform.
 Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Gavin walked into the area where the ball was to begin. Immediatly he saw the checkpoint and walked over and showed his ID card. The person there looked at him strangely then said "Uhh, that does not look like you, do I have to call security?"

Gavin laughed "Of course not, I am merely dressed as a Jedi, do you like the beard? I had it fashoned just for this."

The man there looked again then nodded "Give me your weapons and you may enter. You have been approved for entrance."

Gavin took out his Sith Assassin pistol, he stood at looked at it for a minute as if emotionally attacked than he handed it over. He was about to walk away and into the ball when the security personel stopped him. "Sir, we need your vibroblade as well." Reluctantly Gavin handed it over; then the same man waved him through.

Entering the Ball he looked at the amazing decorations, never before had he seen such a display of elegance and prosperity. Perhaps the Empire has done somethings right since I left he thought

Lets just skip the rest of the check in I didnt finish Joke Im here now lol

Gavin Onasi- Territorial Commander
credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

Xen'tal- Commodore

Gruu Dunrik- Jedi Padawan

Last edited by Gavin Onasi on Sat May 20, 2006 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Salan had just put the finishing touches on his costume this very night. It was a smuggler's outfit, and he was anxious to show it off. He approached the Security Checkpoint and showed his ID.

"Thank you, Mr Vita. Please check all weapons."
"I do not believe in carrying weapon of war, especially in peaceful times."
"As you wish sir, but if the troops catch you with anything you're in a whole lot of trouble."
"Your concern is touching," Salan muttered.

With that, he strode through the checkpoint without a backward glance. a quick look around the room told him that not many people had arrived yet. He approached the bar and ordered a Corellian whiskey.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

A procession of Masassi look-alikes marched into the hall, and turned to flank the door. Bringing forth ceremonial vibro-pikes, made of silver-plated plasteel, they formed an honor guard passage. A moment of silence, then an aominous sound filled the air, the music changing to a deep funerary procession... and striding into the hall, his form clad in a black tunic and black pants, his thick fall of brown hair tied into a short ponytail at the back of his head, stood a remarkable likeness of...

Exar Kun.

A very intricate replica of Kun's lightsaber, using schematics taken from Jedi Temple archives hung from his belt, the corner of his lips curled in an imperious smirk as he took in Lucious's uniform, his voice a rumbling chuckle. "I must say, you do the uniform justice... you look like an even bigger idiot than the Supreme Moff ever did."

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sat May 20, 2006 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject:

Slowly Kyp walked down the hallway, approaching the guards. The glint armor looking like a Storm Trooper. Obviously he didn't have all the normal things on it.......but it'd pass for it none-the-less.

He walked next to one of the soldiers and gave a crisp salute in a mocking manner.

"Sir, do you have any weapons currently in your posession?"

Kyp again took the chance to mock the sercurity, "Sir, yes sir it is currently in my pants." he said a laugh erputing from his inards. The gaurd obviously not amused took shook his head.

"Please proceed, sir."

"Aye aye, Captain." said Kyp as he struggled to hold his laughter.

Kyp looked around him, one man looked dressed up in a fashion, one looked like a Jedi, another looked like a Jedi too but bore a resemblence of Kun.

Kyp turned around a little more and noticed Arlyn, even in a devil costume she looked like an angel.......but he'd keep that to himself, he was still a Jedi underneath this armor.

Acer

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject:

Kyle, dressed up as a shabby monk, walked down the seemingly endless hallways to the ballroom. As he approached the door, he was stopped by a guard.

“This is for invited guests only,” the guard sneered.

Wordlessly, Kyle took out his ID and showed it to the guard.

“Sorry sir, a slight misunderstanding,” was the hurried response. “Sir, you need to check all weapons.”

Again, without a word, Kyle handed over his two blasters (lightsaber is in room) and entered the ballroom. Ah, what splendor the bastardly Imperials can create. The spoils of their havoc destruction.

Will post more later.

203,500,000 credits left

Admiral Jack Williams - Galactic Alliance | Commander of the Alliance Fifth Fleet

376,343 credits left

General Jan Dodonna - Galactic Alliance

200,000 credits left

Jan Ors - Freelancer
("Oh, as if I haven't saved you from the bad guys a few dozen times.")

100,000,000 credits left

King Ebareebaveebeedee - King of Skor II

3,886,900,000 credits left

Last edited by Acer on Sun May 21, 2006 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

Carnor's voice was a rumbling chuckle. "I must say, you do the uniform justice... you look like an even bigger idiot than the Supreme Moff ever did."

It was Lucious that then laughed. "My dear lad, it seems we both dressed as killers!" Lucious chuckled and a few of his political friends joined in. The lack of respect for Ams was at it's peak when he added, "I'm quite surprised you didn't come dressed as a pup. You're what they call a 'lap dog' aren't you?" Lucious smirked then changed to a more diplomatic tone as per Leia's advice, "Jokes aside, it is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jax." His inward smile twisted of Carnor's latest attempted political statement. He had made more of a fool of himself; more than any in the Empire, exception being Ams Jendob. Lucious turned away from the man and engaged in a conversation with the ruler of Ryloth.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

"I find the fact that you refuse to face me quite telling, Victorinox... one might think you are afraid of even the one they call a 'lap dog' to the Empire... what does that say about your terror concerning the Imperial Command, I wonder." His words were playful, as a Krayt Dragon was playful in the capture of its meals. "I can hear your knees knocking from here, Lucious..."

Jax's smile was evident as he picked a straw from a nearby container, flipping it between his fingers with effortless grace as he looked at Lucious's back. He resisted the urge to drive the plastic between the mans vertabrae. Instead, he took up a flute of Coruscani champagne, sipping it.

He moved to a corner of the hall, watching and awaiting the arrival of the other guests... he was not going to allow the pompous idiot out of his sight. Jax's green eyes drifted across the assembled populace, noting the presence of every being currently in the area, their locations and their probable seating arrangements.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sun May 21, 2006 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Colin Brokna
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I feel itd be a lot easier to post if someone came up with where everyone was sitting.

MC100 Energizer

1,000,049,000 credits
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The 'banquet' is divided into several long tables. The tables are crafted by different cultures, but they each set about a 100 people.

Last edited by Arlyn on Sun May 21, 2006 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
OtetTiswi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Ikrit arrived in the banquet hall, and looked around the room. He saw many long tables, set up very elegantly. He had never really been to any large banquets like this, even when he went on diplomatic missions to the "Purse-worlds" of the Colonies, who enjoyed to throw lavish banquets. This was something he had never seen, and for a Jedi who has been roaming the galaxy for centuries, that is quite a feat.

He looked around for people he knew, he saw Kyp Durron. He hadn't really met Kyp before. He talked to him once maybe, but the rest he knew about him, he only heard from the other Jedi Masters. Ikrit turned over his lightsaber to the security officer, and walked in the dining hall with a smile on his face.

Ikrit's robe was handcrafted by the finest seamstress in all of Theed, was a fine tan robe, with a dark blue sort of cape that hung over his shoulders, held togethor with small golden chains. He walked in like any of the other bi-pedal humans there, and some people just stared at him, as if they had never seen a Kushiban before. Ikrit ignored them and approached Arlyn.

Ikrits robe: http://starwars.wikia.com/images/4/4c/Dacediath.jpg

Kam Fisto Toran
Prince
292,869cr

Klani Uthum
GARO Administrator
50,000cr

Galactic Aid Relief Organization (GARO)
2,050,945,000r

Last edited by OtetTiswi on Sun May 21, 2006 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucious enjoyed every moment of Carnor's presence. Not only did it prove to world leaders Jax was a fool, it showed the protector's pointless attempts to look supreme. Lucious curled a smile and since the Imperial turned and began to walk away before Lucious could reply, he said, "The 'sound of my knees knocking' is laughter at the two 'Fools of the Empire'."

He resumed conversation with the leader of Ryloth just as the Security Chief of the Galactic Alliance entered the room. She talked with a few special guests, then proceeded to where here father and mother were sitting. It appeared the dinner was about to start.

Lucious's aide, also dressed in a costume of a famous Sith Master [Darth Nihilus], leaned in and whispered in a hiss. "Ma'shi is causing problems." His aide then handed a data pad, with some of her recent actions. Lucious laughed while reading, just as Arlyn rose to her feet to begin the opening ceremony.

Any late arrivals, now is the time.
 Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Cassie entered the dining area with a smirk. Not because that jerkoff Vict-whatever made himself look like a bigger douche with his lame attempt to make fun of the Moff with the winged wife, but because of her own costume. Her black, knee-length boots were polished to almost a mirror finish, and from her ankle to her collar, she was dressed in red. Specifically, the red uniform of an Imperial.

She almost laughed when she thought how pissed the Imps would be.

"Man, I love surplus stores," she giggled to herself, taking a seat at her table.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Gavin walked around mingling with some of the guests and joking about his Jedi Costume. He even went so far as to "do a mind trick" on the waiter to get him another drink.

Walking over to one of the tables he spoted the commodore that he had a few conversations with over the Alliance holonet channels on some rather heated debates about cloneing and other things.

He walked up to her and gave her a head nod "Commodore, finally we meet in person. After those holonet conversations I hope you don't hate me." with that he laughed.

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Cassie laughed. "Its ok. I don't hate you. And nice costume, by the way."

She smiled at him.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

"Thanks, I thought it would be funny looking like a Jedi, now that uniform is pretty good as well. I wonder if the Imps like that.."

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Cassie giggled again. "I hope not. And I hope that uptight jerkoff Victorwhatever hates it too," she smiled. "I'd love to just punch him in the nose. He makes us look bad with what he says."

She shrugged then. "And you don't look funny. You look kinda cute, actually," she blushed.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Gavin stood shocked for a minute then finally got a wry smile on his face "Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself, for an Imperial soldier." he added "Yeah and the overseer can overstep is boundaries, but sometimes I do agree with him."

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Cassie shrugged again, actually surprised by how comfy the uniform was. No wonder Imps loved them.

"He may be right about a few things, but dragging a guy's family in to insult him... that's just wrong, no matter what side your on."

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Ravik walked at a moderate pace towards the security checkpoint. He was clad in a white jacket, with white trousers, and wore black boots and golden epaulets. His eyes were crimson red, covered by red contacts. However, there was no rank on his uniform, even so, he bore an unmistakable likeness to Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Ravik walked up to the security checkpoint and pulled out his ID. The security officer there furrowed his brow at Ravik's costume, until he finally realized what it was. He gave a small smirk and said, "May I take your weapon, sir?"

Ravik nodded, "Of course," and leaned down, pulled up his pant leg, and took his 22T4 pistol out of its holster and handed it to the guard.

The guard handed Ravik's ID back to him, and they both exchanged nods. Ravik then proceeded into the main hall-

And was immediately taken aback. The dining hall was the largest and most delicately prepared dining hall he'd ever seen. Not that he was one for unnecessary, and usually overpriced, merchandise, but that was still saying something.

He then walked over, took a seat, and got himself a light drink.

If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sun May 21, 2006 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile/Faction Leader
Aedile/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Petyr Baelish, Supreme Sovereign Emperor of the Devaron Sovereignty, strode towards the security entrance, loafers clicking. Clothed in his complete ceremonial Emperor ensemble, cloak billowing behind him from the ventilation systems in the marvelous building. Approaching the checkpoint, Petyr took a glorified bow and cut of the guard at his first intake of air, “Greetings, I am Supreme Emperor Petyr Baelish, and my formal title is too long for common speak, so I’ll allow you the pleasure of calling me ‘my lord’.”
The check-in attendant started to say something, but it caught in his throat. The woman glanced at her checklist and said, “Mister Ba – my lord, do you have any weapons on your persona?”
“For once I’m trusting the security of the Imperials, so no, madam.”
“T-then you’re welcome in, m’lord.”
Taking another sweeping bow, Petyr entered the lobby overlooking the tables of awe-inspiring craftsmanship. Sweeping over, Baelish spotted the figure of Lucious Victorinox. Seeing the opportunity to speak with a man of a somewhat intelligent nature, Petyr clicked up and bowed fairly normally. “Greetings, Mister Victorinox. If you didn’t already know, I am Emperor Baelish of the Devaron Sovereignty,” he said, offering his hand.

Aegon Targaryen

Jonos Bracken
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

As I walked to the checkpoint, people looked at the armor as if they hadn't seen it before.
Like they hadn't seen the armor of an ARC trooper before...the soldiers who had given their lives to defend the Republic which was now a memory...

I merely ignored them as I made my way to the checkpoint.
I handed the Security officer my ID.

He raised his eyebrows as if he was going to faint.
"Commodore Skirata, welcome. You'll need to hand your weapons over here sir."
I handed him my pistol and Vibrosword.
"Thank you sir" he said as he handed my ID card back, "enjoy the party."

I then turned to the rest of the guests.
Carnor Jax was there as Exar Kun...the worthless di'kut Luscious Victorinox as a bad impersonation of Supreme Moff Ams Jendob...and various other people.

I walked in silently, without a word and walked over to a window, looking at the night sky...

Commodore Kalydon Skirata--Venator Black Star

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

— Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language"

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject:

Han glanced back over his shoulder and scowled as Leia, Han and the twins passed the security checkpoint. They had confiscated his trusty DL-44 until he left the ballroom and that was never a good feeling. He felt naked without it. The costumes Leia picked out and literally forced him to change into wasn't helping matters any. Looking around at the others, who wore fairly normal attire for a costume ball, made Han feel even worse.

Leia had called around and decided on some old-fashioned, Alderaanian attire for them to wear to the event. It was the worst decision she could've made, in his opinion. Leia's gown was long and flowing as it spread out in three subsections with a teal fringe. It had a matching bonnet and gloves. Han wore a similar outfit in the form of an off-white suit with teal accenting. A very uncomfortable tophat and gloves completed the outfit and Han hated it.

For reference: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/han-leia-costumes.jpg

He let out a disgruntled sigh and lowered his gaze to avoid the crowd, but soon regretted it. His eyes fell upon the two children he held in his arms that were so horribly dressed in matching Ewok costumes ( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/cos_ewok.jpg ). Ewoks of all things! He didn't know what exactly happened to Leia, but she had definitely lost it in that decision. The poor kids could hardly hold their heads up, the headdress was that heavy. Neither of them looked too happy either as they looked up at Han with pouty expressions. Han just shrugged at them and moved deeper into the crowd.

"Blame your mother, not me," he mumbled to them softly as he noticed another couple enter the room. It was Antilles and his...date? Han narrowed his eyes and watched the young man as he led a blonde woman into the room beside him. He didn't remember the kid being involved with anyone, but he had to admit, it would sure do him good. At least it meant he was getting around and meeting people.

"Ow!" he suddenly yelled out as a painful blow to the side of the face brought him out of his thoughts. He cursed quietly under his breath and looked down to see his son, Jonash, waving the little wooden Ewok "spear" around in his hand and giggling. Jaina, who was beside her brother in Han's other arm, was also laughing.

"Waah!" he cried out in another fit of laughter and swung the "spear" once again toward Han's face.

Reaching around the best he could with Jaina in his other arm, Han was able to bring his hand forward and stop the stick before it whacked him in the face a second time. "I don't think so, kid," he scolded mildly while lowering the would-be weapon. "I thought I told you it was your mother's fault. Remember I didn't make you put on those crazy things."

Jonash cooed something unintelligable in response and reached out toward the stick as Han bent down and picked the other off the floor that Jaina had dropped. Leia couldn't just dress them in Ewok costumes, she had to throw makeshift spears into the mix as well. He was surprised security hadn't questioned them about them upon entering. Han would've gladly given them up. Luckily for him, the spears didn't have tips on them or he would've been in big trouble.

Handing the sticks back to the kids at their insistance, Han began to move through the crowd to catch up with Leia, who had taken her spot at a table. When he finally reached her position, he sat down in a chair beside her and set the twins down in his lap with a sigh. This is gonna be a long night, he mused to himself.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon May 22, 2006 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:

James approached the security checkpoint, showing his ID as he arrived. Something on the screen flashed red, and the guard tensed.

"Hand over your weapons," he said gruffly, one hand on his belt at the hip.

James smiled and produced his blades with the same flourish that he had treated the receptionist to. The security guard just about wet his pants at this point.

The incident put him in a very good mood, and there was quite the spring in his step as he surveyed the room. Arlyn was there, obviously with what looked like her entire family. The Alliance personnel were dressed in Imperial uniforms with varying degrees of offensiveness. The imperials on the other hand had more maturity and had arrived as other things.

He took a seat at the rear of the room so as not to disturb anyone.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Colin Brokna
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject:

Brokna entered the ballroom, still fidgeting with his tie which by now no longer needed any straightening. There were one or two glances at his pink shirt and tie, and he tried to ignore them, though ultimately began to blush. He looked down the table for any open spots, preferably beside Alliance members.

To his relief he spotted a fellow Naval Officer, a Commodore, and a member of the Alliance government. He approached, taking a seat beside the man, the government member(Gavin Onasi). "Good evening," Brokna said.

MC100 Energizer

1,000,049,000 credits
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

Salan had been watching the door since the start of the night, the table in front of his steadily filling up with empty glasses of whiskey. His nervousness proved to be well founded, as his son had chosen to wear the attire of a Sith Lord.

Uncharacteristically, James took a seat at the rear of the building. There was no grand entrance, no showing off. Clearly the person behind the dark goggles was different to the impulsive, violent youth he had thrown from his home all those years ago. And if Salan was completely honest with himself, he would admit that this cold, quiet James scared the hell out of him.

He hastily averted his eyes, and ordered another drink.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

Grand Master Yoogle of the Galactic Alliance Jedi Order entered the Galaxy Ball, passing the security checks with no signs of weaponry on him. The costumed King, walked into the dining hall to where the Lady of Geonosis was rising to her feet. It seemed the ceremony was about to begin.

Yoogle sensed the dark presence of Carnor Jax, a vulture of fear. He circled the Galaxy Ball, his eyes probing the intentions of those around him. Yoogle, ignoring the man, but keeping his sense trained on the Sovereign Protector, walked towards the table with all Imperial Officers.

It was a time of change, well, that and Yoogle would attempt to gather some information. He was a Jedi, but an intelligence officer in something he felt was coming.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Calias Ketra, Vice Supreme Chancellor [DECEASED]
 Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Lucious Victorinox was speaking to the Prime Minister of Malastare when Petyr Baelish had entered the Galaxy Ball dining facility. An individual, worthy of conversation, it seems as he approached and bowed fairly. Lucious returned to gesture and the formality. "And greetings to you, Emperor Baelish of the Devaron Sovereignty." Lucious then shook the man's extended hand. Perhaps it was their similar 'subtle' distaste for the Galactic Empire or the Grand Fool himself, whatever caused this man's interest, Lucious would find out.

"A pleasure to meet you." Lucious said with a friendly grin. But their conversation was interrupted by the Security Chief and President of the Galaxy Ball.
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Note: this is the opening speech, the next will be more important; that is on Night Two. Segments of this speech was modeled after ‘The Chance for Peace’ by Eisenhower.

Alatáriël Pallanén rose to her feet, her wings protruding to her sides. She looked at the various family members that were sitting at her table, her many friends and comrades. A few geonosians were present and her angelic grin flashed to each of them as they nodded in grand approval. Her eyes returned to the majority of the guests as the whispers and voices died down.

"As President of the Galaxy Ball," she started with a smile, "I am happy to be here. I say this and I mean it very genuinely for a number of reasons. Not the least of these is the number of friends I am honored to count among you. Over the years we have seen, fought, agreed, and argued with one another on a vast variety of subjects, under circumstances no less varied. We have met at home and in distant worlds. We have been together at times when war seemed endless, at times when peace seemed near, at times when peace seemed to have eluded us again. We have met in times of battle, both military and politically, and all these occasions mean to me, memories of enduring friendships.” Arlyn looked to her fellow Galactic Alliance officers and to the Imperials, smiling to both.

“However, a new war has approached us, my friends. And our friendship must endure yet again.” She paused for the effect and continued, “The monuments to this new war would be the neglected children and better schools, hospitals and homes, food and health. We are ready, in short, to dedicate our strength to serving the needs, rather than the fears, of the galaxy.

“I know of nothing I can add to make plainer the sincere purposes of the Galactic Alliance and the alignment with the Galactic Empire. Other factions have come here today as well, and it is in their mighty company that makes this galaxy safe and a place we can proudly call home. Other species are emerging from the unknown regions and we have welcomed some and fought others. But we have done this in unity.

“This Galaxy Ball, the first of its kind, has brought together the many and great people of the galaxy we share. Look around you. You see, immediately, your friends and fellow officers. But look beyond that. The purpose of this costume portion is to set aside the uniforms, the prejudices and sport our universal aptitude of humor. If we can laugh together, we can work together to face the new evils of this age.”

Her arms opened slightly, “I welcome you to this new peace and war. But we do not fight each other, or other beings, but we fight together in full fellowship, against the pain and suffering of the innocent. Let us remember the experiences we have here of this terrific weekend. Let us remember those that we have met and laughed with.” Arlyn raised her glass, and so did those around her. "Let us remember peace."

Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

This is before Arlyn's speech...
A dark-grey hoverlimo pulled up to the security entrance, and three warriors - Targulla the Hutt, Murgth'a, and 4-LOM stepped out, each looking ready for a whole nest of rancors. As they made their way through the scanners, Targulla turned to 4-LOM and said, "Your choice of costume was a good decision. I've haven't felt this exotic since...well..."
"A long time, I know," 4-LOM said quietly, "I just ask one thing."
"And that would be?.."
"Don't drink too much Zoochberry juice."
Targulla laughed as she and the others headed into the Ballroom...
The room had filled up a great deal but there was still some room in the back - and did 4-LOM see James Vita? The prodigal son has returned, the droid thought, I just hope he hasn't forgotten the Guild already.
After a few minutes the trio were able to make their way to Vita's table. "Mr. Vita, what a surpise to see you here," 4-LOM said warmly, "May we sit down?"
Vita nodded slightly, and the three managed to squeeze into their seats just as Arlyn rose...

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Tue May 23, 2006 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
OtetTiswi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Ikrit noticed Yoogle walk in. He saw Yoogle glare at Carnor. He chuckled. He had done the exact same upon entrance into the dining hall. He walked up to Yoogle. "It's so good to see you, been a while it has." he told Yoogle. "Enjoyed a month and a half of isolation and meditation on Naboo I have." he added.

Kam Fisto Toran
Prince
292,869cr

Klani Uthum
GARO Administrator
50,000cr

Galactic Aid Relief Organization (GARO)
2,050,945,000r

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Kyp watched from a seat not too far from Arlyn as she read her speech. At the end Kyp clapped his hands supporting the speech as it stated much. Kyp glanced around the room again until he spotted his Master and another Jedi.......but was not sure of who he was.

Kyp lifted the helmet from head, a rush of cool air came in. He had been sweating for a while until he moved next to a cooling vent. Slowly he approached the two, not wanting to interfere in on their conversation.

A few more steps and Kyp stood next to his Master, he towered over him until he kneeled down. He did not feel right being so tall over his Master. He always wanted to be on even ground with him, but even after his time with him he'd still not had gotten used to the stature of Yoogle.

Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Applause broke out around the ballroom as the Alliance chief of security finished her speech. All around them, glasses were raised into the air and more cheers went up at the pronouncement of peace.

Han, with his gaze lowered to the table, just rolled his eyes at the proceedings. The last time Han had heard something so fake and fixed as Arlyn's speech was when he had attended a Senate meeting way back with Leia. He thought the politicians were bad. Arlyn could probably match them with how much she was lying through her teeth right now.

Peace. Han scoffed. That's not what these people wanted right now and he doubted that it'll ever happen. They just agreed to her proclamation to make their own sorry hides look good in front of the entire galaxy. Han wasn't gonna even try to stoop down to that level. He knew peace was a joke when it came to the Alliance and Empire. It wouldn't last and he wasn't about to pretend that it would. It was better to be honest than look at the galaxy through tainted eyes. You can't survive like that.

Nevertheless, Han raised the glass of wine that was sitting on the table before him and tipped it slightly - just to show that he had been listening and acknowledged her words. His face remained solemn, however, to show that he didn't agree with it.

When the cheers began to die down and the soft buzz of conversation began to return, Han brought the glass to his mouth and took a sip. Not bad, but he had better elsewhere. But still, it was something to do and it kept him out of the limelight. Maybe if he'd down enough of these and remained at the table all night, no one would notice him and he'd forget that this damn costume ball ever happened. It was worth a try, at least.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

"Yeah" Gavin agreed "Family is a bit harsh and wrong." he paused "Well I am going to search out for an Imperial to have a colorful conversation with, your welcome to join me if you want. If not I will see you around the holonet Commodore." Gavin then looked around the room for a "target" to talk to.

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Jax took in the Director's words impassively, still running his fingers over his gauntlet datapad. He had other matters that required his immediate attention, even so he didn't miss a word. He took a sip of the water that was left for him, with a wedge of lemon.

He felt the eyes on him and only smiled... he had gotten the reaction he was looking for from the Jedi. He returned his attention back to the datapad, punching in a couple more commands before leaning back, eyes lifting to watch Solo and Onasi... it was very unliekly that anyone outside of Lucious and the Jedi woudl regognize the Grand Marshal.

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

"Let us remember peace."

Yes, let's. And hopefully war won't break out again. But of course, that's about as unlikely as a hutt donating to charity. It just won't happen. But if this leaves everyone feeling at least a little more peaceful, then I'm sure not going to interrupt it. Mabye if people are under the illusion of peace, peace will come...?"

Ravik looked up, and saw a keen likeness to Exar Kun. He slowly walked over and thought he recognized the man, "Grand Marshall, is that you?"

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Jax looked up at Ravik and let a smile touch his lips, nodding. His voice would give him away immediately. "Very perceptive, Commandant Shadowstalker."

He motioned to the seat at his left as he took another sip of water, looking at readouts in Yinchorri runes on his gauntlet datapad. His left hand stole to the tiny plastic sword still tucked into the loop of his belt, letting his fingertips take in the ultrafine ridging of the rather well-imitated hilt. "I take it you found that speech to be as... enlightening... as I did?" His smirk was kept to the very corners of his lips, and the bare inflection would lead anyone listening in to believe he was sincere in his statement.

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Ravik took the seat that Carnor Jax motioned to, careful to not imitation- Grand Admiral uniform to messed up.

In responce to his question, Ravik shrugged," I suppose so sir," slightly dodging the question. Then he said with a smirk, " I see you fancy yourself a sith lord, eh?"

Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Interesting, James thought. Arlyn makes a speech promoting peace and it is scoffed at. As he watched, he could see the looks that people were giving, he could see that her promotion of peace was not well recieved.

4-LOM and other members of the guild approached the table. They requested to be allowed to sit down. He nodded slightly. Something about that speech was nagging at him. He looked at the alliance security chief again. Something was not right about her, something was out of place. He just didn't know what.

Salan applauded loudly after the girl's speech. Finally, it seemed, others were embracing peace. And everyone agreed, although perhaps it was simply a way for them to garner her favour.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr

Last edited by kypjargon on Mon May 22, 2006 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

As the speech ended and the applause started, Drake and R3 entered the room. They had already gotten through the checkpoint, without any incident, he simply wanted to avoid walking in during the middle of the speech.

R3, being a droid, was wearing nothing. Drake, meanwhile was wearing a suit he had recently bought second-hand. It was now the best looking piece of clothing he had, and one of the few outfits he wore that covered up most of his droid parts. It, as well as the trip to this planet on public transportation, had run him down to 100,000 credits. But it would hopefully be worth it.

”So, where do we go?” asked R3
”Where we’re told.”

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Jax smiled as he sat back, his eyes slipping closed a moment. "And you fancy yourself a Grand Admiral, it appears... I must say the uniform suits you."

He took another sip of the water, relishing the thoughts as they passed through his head. He motioned to one of the waiters and ordered himself a Pomegranite Mindflayer, and Ravik a gin and tonic. "I assume that is still your beverage of choice.,?"

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Ravik grinned, " Ah yes, well, a Grand Admiral is just slightly more humble then a sith lord. You know, just a notch or two. As for the drink, I really don't care, I'll drink just about anything, I've lived on Dantooine before. Believe me when I say I'll drink almost anything."

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Mon May 22, 2006 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Cassie finally caught sight of Commander Solo, and her azure-hued eyes lit up with emotion. She rose from her seat, uttering a quiet "Excuse me" to Onasi, and walked towards the hilariously-costumed ex-smuggler.

She stopped just short of the table, and snapped a crisp salute, her blonde locks shaking slightly from the suddenness of the movement. "Sir. How are you enjoying the Ball so far?" she smirked.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

A shadow stretched across the table as somone walked up to them and stopped. Han winced and set down the empty glass of wine before raising his gaze to see who it was that had found them. So much for his wondeful plan of keeping a distance from everyone.

The woman who was standing there had long, blonde hair which was tied neatly back to go with the Imperial uniform she was wearing for a costume. Han recognized her instantly and relaxed somewhat. Commodore Cassie Meehan. It could've been much worse.

Handing the twins off to Leia, Han nodded to acknowledge her salute. "You know, Commodore, you don't need to use those pleasantries here. There's enough of that pompous shit being thrown back and forth around here already. We don't need more. I'm surprised the walls of the place don't implode from all the egos." Han smirked and gestured to a seat across from them. Might as well invite her to stay a while if she went through all the trouble.

"If you couldn't tell by now," he continued, waving over a server droid to bring some more drinks. "The only good thing 'bout this ball is the wine. And even that could be better."

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon May 22, 2006 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"Let us remember peace."

A noble idea...but knowing what has happened the past couple of weeks...and judging by tempers flaring on the holonet...I doubt this peace will last much longer.

Most of these people probably don't even want peace, they want bloodshed instead.
And thus, the endless waltz of history will repeat itself...the three beats of war, peace, and revolution will continue on forever...

Regardless I still found myself clapping when she finished her speech. I did so because I admired her guts. I know she hates the Empire, yet she still pursues peace...at least, she seems that way.

I moved to sit down at the table, and then proceeded to remove my helmet.
The air smelled good, fresh too. Definitely better than that reprocessed stuff onboard capital ships I'd say.

I sat there...staring at my reflection in the visor...
I picked up a glass of wine and took a long drink.

As I sat there, I started singing a song my father taught me when I was very young, I sang it too low for anyone too notice unless they were trying to listen.

"Kote!

Kandosii sa ka’rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a’den mhi, Vode an.
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso’ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.
Aruetyc runi solus cet o’r.

Motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.
Aruetyc runi trattok’o."

I continued to sing quietly as I sat there...playing with the now empty glass.

Commodore Kalydon Skirata--Venator Black Star

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

— Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language"

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Tue May 23, 2006 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:

A troupe of four stormtroopers marched briskly into the dining hall, conversations ground to a halt as the troops came into the centre of the room. A voice came from the forward most trooper, “I can’t see a thing in this helmet.” Slowly the trooper raised his hands to his head and removed the helmet.
http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/Images/StarWars/Classico/105-520.jpg
The other three removed their helmets also, and the rest of the fake armour jumpsuit to reveal… Nicole, Jandon and Jasmine. Nicole wore a costume similar to Mon Mothma’s during the Clone Wars. Jandon wore a similar outfit to Han Solo’s when he met Princess Leia, and Jasmine went as her role model Leia. When Luke removed his armour bodysuit he was dressed as the so called “Phantom of the Opera” that was legend in the early days of Coruscanti development. ttp://www.musicalsonline.com/images/poto/reddeath.jpg

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?

Last edited by Gavin Young on Tue May 23, 2006 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lucious Victorinox

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

Lucious Victorinox applauded to the Lady's speech. It was no doubt the best hope this galaxy had before another Civil War broke out, and the feeling and tensions that had existed before the opening words, had slowly disappeared. Arlyn, after almost ten minutes of chatter and the dismal entrance of Jandon Fallor, rose to her feet again and with a quick, smiling delegation said, "May the feast begin." And on cue, hundreds of server droids and humanoids appeared. They walked in perfect order and displayed the much coloration this galaxy came to know.

Lucious's assistant didn't remove his mask of Nihilus's face, but it was obvious he was interested in the Security Chief. Lucious looked at the poor girl and responded so only his assistant could hear, "She's a free woman now, you know." The assistant’s head turned quickly, then slowly nodded.

Lucious had always enjoyed playing matchmaker, but this was obvious. They were the perfect match, especially when Lucious had time to talk to the young man. But, he put that aside, figuring they would work it out and returned to the conversation with Petyr.

"Tell me how the Devaron Sovereignty has been, my good friend." Lucious had a feeling a mature friendship would develop.

Last edited by Lucious Victorinox on Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Master Yoogle had been almost at the Imperial table when his good friend, Ikrit appeared. The Darkside presence within Yoogle's mind slowly began to turn as the magnificent display of power turned in their favor. The presence of nearly Yoogle's entire Jedi Order, or at least those well known, were within these Grand Halls. Even Luke Skywalker and his friend Jasmine showed. Yoogle smiled at the sight of so many Jedi. And Arlyn's words, "Not the least of these is the number of friends I am honored to count among you." The Jedi Order was returning with new faces, friends Yoogle wouldn't change for anything.

His apprentice appeared and slowly entered the conversation when Yoogle responded to his equally size-challenged friend, "Good to see you as well, Master Ikrit." Yoogle beamed, "Sense a great magnitude of the Force within you, I do." He looked at Kyp who had lowered to one knee. "My padawan and apprentice, ready he is for the trials. Only a week's worth of hard learning, he has." Yoogle grinned at his pupil.

Just then Arlyn had began the feast and they were asked to take a seat. The Jedi with Yoogle's lead, took a seat at the table nearly full of Imperials. Yoogle looked to those next to him and nodded in approval. Their expressions were friendly, but Yoogle sensed a feeling of hate in each of them. It would be hard to transform the Imperial Propaganda among them.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Calias Ketra, Vice Supreme Chancellor [DECEASED]
 Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Cassie laughed softly and sat down across from the Commander and his wife.

"I dunno about the wine, but I think the Imps at least tried with this one. You have to admit, the interior stuff ain't bad. Neither was security, for me, anyway. Just a little scan, give 'em my knife, and go through."

She paused, trying some of the wine. She knew someone who could've identified to the very year what the vintage was. "I don't see why everyone was bit--um, complaining about, sir."

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night One - Dinner
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: