Alliance Base - Navy Commandant's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Alliance Base - Navy Commandant's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ackbar

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Alliance Base - Navy Commandant's Office

The door to the office briskly slid aside to reveal a young officer surrounded by a small contingent of guards. Ackbar's bulbous eyes rose from the datapad he held in his hand to regard the new visitors.

Upon further inspection, Ackbar realized a fresh face in the group. The Mon Cal had never seen this man around the base before and came to the conclusion that this must be the new recruit - Adawa Basea.

"Commander?" Ackbar's voice rose in question as he turned back to the young man.

"Sir!" the lanky man saluted his superior. "I have a Adawa Basea wishing to see you, sir."

Ah, so his guess had been correct. This was the new man. Ackbar rose from the desk. "Thank you, Commander. You may go."

The commander saluted yet again before turning on his heel and leaving the small office, the group of guards following in his wake.

When all was gone, Ackbar's eyes shifted back to the new man and he extended a webbed hand out to him. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Basea," Ackbar said in his gruff voice. "I seem to remember seeing records of you and I am quite impressed. Please, have a seat and we can begin." Before retaking his seat, the Mon Cal gestured to a droid in the corner of a room. "Can I get you a drink or some kind of refreshment? The desert can do murder to a man."

Back to top »
Adawa Basea

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Basea shook the proferred hand and glanced to where the Admiral gestured to a corner and shook his head lightly, "No thank you Admiral, I am quite alright. I was only exposed in the desert for a short while."

Taking his seat and glancing at the adornments on the Admiral's desk and walls, Basea began to speak in earnest, "I'd like to thank you for seeing me on such short notice Admiral, and I must say that it is a distinct pleasure to finally meet you. As you mentioned earlier, I was indeed in the service previously...unfortunately, that was cut short some time ago and I've been detained on Kessel for some time. I was only recently able to secure my release and return to the Alliance."

Sitting up a bit straighter, Basea looked intently at Ackbar and continued, "Sir, I've come back to make sure we can secure a better future for this galaxy, for our children and their children. I'm willing to serve in any capacity you see fit and necessary and would assure you that I am capable of anything you can throw at me."
 Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

Ackbar reclined back in the chair behind his desk and dabbed his forehead lightly with a damp cloth as he listened intently to the man sitting before him. Many of the men and women who served under the Alliance had a passion which was not easily shaken. They were mostly fresh recruits, but never before had he seen such determination in a man as well along in years as this. Ackbar was deeply moved by his story. Anyone who was capable of surviving the prisons of Kessel and still sane after the experience was worthy to serve the Alliance.

"A colorful story indeed, Mr Basea," Ackbar finally concluded, pushing forward toward the desk with his elbows. "Talking as the head of Navy for the Alliance, I would be most pleased to have you back amongst our ranks. It took a lot of courage and guts to live through what you did."

The Mon Calamarian paused to dab his forehead yet again and sucked in a breath before continuing on. "Tell me, Mr Basea, before you were detained on Kessel, what exactly was it that you did for the Alliance? Perhaps I can secure you in a position similar to what you left behind."

Back to top »
Adawa Basea

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject:

Looking down at his hands, Basea began to speak.

"I joined the Alliance just after the Battle of Yavin...it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I remember thinking to myself that I'd been hiding on Corellia for long enough, I'd been working in the Corellian Army as a commander of Field Engineers, as well as the Executive Officer of a Corvette stationed in orbit. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to take command of that ship, as it was never finished. I remember thinking...that it was time to begin reclaiming the Galaxy for the people and not letting it fall further into the hands of the Empire. I knew I couldn't be a fighter pilot, so I signed on to do what i'd been doing before; just to be an Executive Officer. The High Command had other plans though; as I had a little experience, I was given a "Battle Group"...or at least that's what it was supposed to be.

"I was a young Commander and I had two Corvettes and a few Z-95 Head Hunters to work with. I couldn't very well say that this wouldn't do, because I knew that's all the Alliance had at the time. After a few years of doing the usual hit-and-fade operations against convoys, we got caught just after the Battle of Derra IV...we were supposed to pick up some of the supplies. The Imps jumped on us and dissabled the Corvettes with ion cannons and took most of the crew prisoner after the boarding was complete. That's when they sent us to Kessel. As far as I know, I'm the only one that survived.

"I'd rather not talk about those years...I hope you can understand, Admiral. But that's about the gist of what I've done for the Alliance. I'd like to get back into the fight, sir."
 Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Ackbar sat in silence and stroked his chin tentacles in thought. The man had good experience under his belt and with tensions rising between the Alliance and Empire as well as with other factions throughout the galaxy, a man like this would be a welcomed relief.

With a nod of his head, Ackbar sat forward with a Mon Calamarian equivelant of a smile. "No need to say anymore, Mr Basea," he assured the man. "Your story reflects just what the Alliance is looking for in our troops. And we welcome you back with open arms."

Opening a drawer in his desk, Ackbar began to sort around through the mess of flimsies until he came to a datapad. He grabbed the electronic device and handed it across to Basea. "I will be transferring you to the Fifth Fleet under the command of Admiral Jack Williams. I would like you to read over the information supplied in that report. It highlights all the specs of the Fifth Fleet as well as anything else you would like to know. Please get in contact with the Admiral at your earliest convienence. I'm sure he would love to hear from you, Rear Admiral Basea."

Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

The report came to him through the same aide which had greeted Admiral Basea upon arrival. Ackbar took the datapad from his hand and read it with furrowed brow. A sigh of disappointment and frustration escaped him once he was finished. He would've expected something like this from the Empire, but an ally? He shook his bulbous head. What was the galaxy coming to?

Setting the datapad down on his desk, Ackar rose from his chair and activated the comm. A high, female voice came over the speaker. "Yes, sir?"

"Avara, contact General Khel on Mon Calamari and inform him that I will be there to pick him up within the next few hours. This is urgent."

There was a click of acknowledgement before the comm went silent. Ackbar blew out another sigh as he began to clean up his office. One good thing about this upcoming mission, at least he'll be going home. But that may be the only bright hope in a sea of darkness.

When everything was in place, Ackbar headed out of his office and made way for a shuttle which would take him up to the fleet.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Alliance Base - Navy Commandant's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: