Jendob Private Quarters, Gaelorth Hotel, EFP (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Jendob Private Quarters, Gaelorth Hotel, EFP (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Jendob Private Quarters, Gaelorth Hotel, EFP (Surface)

I entered the quarters assigned to me and Shayera after the meeting with Organa Solo to see Shayera busily working at a datapad. She heard me enter, and glanced up. I smiled at her, and she returned it.
"Hey there, stranger," she greeted. "How did the meeting go?"
I sat down next to her, tapping at my the code cylinder, and blanking out any listening devices. "Mixed. She's not releasing Flint, but we managed to get her to shut those zealots up, provided we return the favor."
She sighed. "I really did frak things up, didn't I?"
I slipped an arm around her shoulder. "No, sweetheart. You finally let off the steam that has been building in the Empire because of the Alliance continuously pressing us despite our attempts to work with them.
"You really just showed them for what they are, and they got angry because you dared challenge them. You're pretty good at pissing people off, Shy," I chuckled.
She snickered. "Hey, don't frak around with me when I'm hormonal and overweight. I'll hurt ya," she joked, her teeth flashing in a humored grin. "Anyway, can you give me a hand on this file? Something's bothering me about it, and I can't place it."
I took the datapad she offered. "Sure, no problem, Shayera." I began reading through the file she'd been writing.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

I smiled at Shy as her lips slowly seperated from mine. The meeting with Nevin was hours in the past, and now I was relaxing with my lovely wife in our quarters. My right arm rested around her shoulders, while her right hand and my left were clasped together. Even then, however, my thoughts flashed briefly on the ex-Grand Moff.

I knew appealing his basest desires would work, I sighed mentally. As much as Flint needed to be terminated, I had been serious about questioning him. But now it seems there was no other alternative. Especially since Nevin wanted to witness his elimination. It's for the best, Jendob. It's for the Empire, the Alliance, the Galaxy at large... and for Shayera and the baby most of all.

There was an odd noise, and I glanced down at the little ysalamiri brought in from orbit. It was going to keep Flint in a sort of Force-sedation until he could be dealt with properly. Such an odd creature, too. It was claimed that the Force flowed from life, at least so said highly classified holos from the old Jedi Temple. Yet, this creature, while quite alive, was purported to repel it.

"You okay?" a soft, sweet voice asked.

My brooding ceased and a smiled once more, looking into those emerald pools. "Yes, fine, darling. I'm sorry. I've got a lot on my mind," I explained.

She let go of my hand, and took the other in hers. "Wanna talk about it?"

I sighed. "Not right now, love," I answered, then kissed her cheek and smile to try to reassure her.

"Are you going to?" Shayera asked, not convinced. She could just read me too well.

I squeezed her hand gently. "Yes, I will. In a little bit, though. I'd like to unwind a little first."

She turned and sat on my lap, smirking playfully. "I can think of a few fun ways to relax," she said mischievously.

"I'm sure," I chuckled. "So just what is that evil mind of yours thinking?"

"A nice, long, hot, steamy..." she paused for effect. "Bath. For me, at least. I ache like crazy."

I laughed and kissed her cheek. "Well, that helps you unwind, at least," I smiled.

"You can come in, too."

I stopped short. "Shy, honey... um..."

Shayera laughed and rolled her eyes. "Ams, first off, the tub is too small for both of us. Second, no I'm not thinking of doing that. But we can still talk and stuff. After all, it's not like you haven't seen me without anything on recently," she smiled.

"Eh, I don't know. It does make me a little uncomfortable," I admitted.

She grinned. "Ams, are you sure you're the same guy who slept with almost every woman he came across on his missions?"

"That was different. I--I don't know what it is, honey."

"What it is is you're trying to protect me, I think, and it's very sweet," she suggested. "But in this case, it's not necessary. Ams, you're my husband. I love you deeply and I know you love me too. And I know you wouldn't do anything, and I wouldn't try anything either, if that's what's got you worried."

My worried expression changed to a smile at her words, some of the smile being one of appreciation, the rest of amusement at her somewhat odd words. I lightly ran my fingers through her hair and pulled her closer. "I do love you, Shy. I just don't feel right with you... displaying yourself, even to me. I mean, it's one thing if we're making love or even just in a hurry and have to share the shower, but... um..." I was at a loss for words. What was I trying to say?

"So, wait, let me get this right," she smirked. "It's okay for you to see me naked if we're really in a rush and in the shower, or if we're having sex, but not in a non-erotic or hurried situation?"

I tried to stifle a laugh, but it resulted in a semi-derisive sounding snort. "Well, when you put it like that," I chuckled. "Anyway, why don't you get in there. Maybe I'll join you in a minute or so."

She swung her feet to the floor, and with a little help, stood on them, and walked off to the refresher. There was a pause of a few minutes, and then I could hear the water running. I glanced at my watch. Still had an hour to go. I waited another minute or so until I heard Shy shut off the water before going in, bringing the little creature from Myrkr and my code cylinder with me.

"Hey," she greeted, shifting to face me. As she moved, there was a soft crackling, and I saw the tub filled with a thick layer of bubbles, thankfully covering her from her shoulders down. Wisps of steam came off the water and her body, and indeed the air itself was somewhat thick with humidity. "Don't be shy, c'mere," she teased.

"Well, how I can be you, lover?" I asked, punning on her nickname. Its origins were actually far from innocuous in that once, while making love back on Relias, she'd never let me finish saying her name before resuming a deep, passionate kiss, so I finally called her Shy from then on just to frustrate her little game for the rest of the week. Eventually, it grew on both of us and stuck, but still stayed an intimate nickname. As a result, she didn't allow anyone else to call her that.

"Very funny," she said drily as I sat down next to the tub, but was still smiling broadly, her pearly white teeth gleaming in the light. "So what's going on, Ams? And what's with... that?"

I tapped the hidden activation switch for small, but powerful jammer in the cylinder, ensuring I could speak freely. Of course, if Alliance Security was spying on the refresher stalls, they definitely had more issues than I thought. "It's for a mission. Flint won't be staying here long."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

I paused before managing force the words out of my mouth. "I can't tell you just yet. I'm sorry."

I hated myself for having to hold something back from the person I trusted the most, the person who I had known for twenty years, who I had vowed to spend the rest of my natural life with just over a year ago, who carried our child in her womb, the one person from who I held no secrets, until now. It was like a knife in my heart, twisting slowly and deliberately.

But Shayera nodded, her voice without any trace of hurt or disappointment. "I understand." It alleviated the feeling slightly, but not completely. "Can I ask you something?"

I nodded, and she continued. "Ams, if you could change something about me, what would it be?"

I laughed softly. "Nothing at all," I grinned.

"No, seriously. There's gotta be something. It's okay, I'm just curious," she replied.

"Hmm," I pondered the question a moment. "Well, if there were something... I guess it would be when you sweat a lot without--"

She burst into laughter. "The best you can come up with is body odor? Well, I guess that's kind of a good thing," she smirked. "At least I'm not a psychopath, or I dunno."

I chuckled. "How about you? What would you change with me?"

"I know exactly what I'd change. I'd make you less nervous about talking about things like this," she smiled, showing she wasn't trying to criticize but instead was trying to help. "Okay, another weird question," she started.

"One good turn deserves another, I suppose," I laughed. "What is it?"

"If you had a chance to make me a normal, human woman, would you take it?"

"Never," I said automatically. "Why do you ask that?"

She shrugged, leaning back in the tub until the steaming water was at her chin. "Part curiosity, part a little bit of paranoia, I guess," she smiled again, reassuringly. "Sometimes I just wonder if you ever get bothered by the fact that I have wings and I'm a Thanagarian."

"Ah, no Shy. I don't care what race you are, or about any extra appendages on your back. I love you, for who you are, not what. And I can't picture you any other way," I answered honestly.

Shayera was speechless for a moment, then her old smile turned her lips up again. "Aww. C'mere, you." She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed me lightly on the lips. "Ya big mush," she chuckled, and then her warm smile changed to a playful smirk. "And just so you know, no, I don't want you to have wings."

"What about our kids?" I asked.

"Hmm. I don't know. I guess it would be kinda fun," she replied. "Of course, we'll have to watch a lot more closely when they're teenagers, make sure there's no airborne makeouts."

I laughed again. "Aireborne--gods, Shayera. Sometimes I wonder about you."

"Ah, y'know you love me."

"Absolutely."

We continued to talk, for almost an hour, about any number of things, eventually hitting on the subject of our parents.

"What do you remember about yours?" Shayera asked. Our parents had always been a subject that was rather taboo, with Shayera watching hers murdered before her very eyes and me never knowing mine. But soon to be parents ourselves... I returned to Shayera's question. Probing into the most distant reaches of my remembered past, I seized upon a singular image.

"My mother was a very kind woman. I don't really remember my father though," I trailed off. "I really wish I could remember more."

Shayera shifted around in the bathtub, the bubbles slightly lower now (but still covering her suitably), the water no longer steaming. "I can't imagine, Ams. I mean, I thought at the Academy you had it pretty good: smart, good schooling, fair amount of money... but I actually think I was the lucky one back then."

I nodded. "What about your mother and father? You've never said anything much about them."

"Dad was a nice guy, but a little strict at times. And he always put us kids and Mom first, you know? Made sure we had a roof over us, food in mouths... we really didn't have much, but we got by thanks to him. And it wasn't all rough, hardscrabble times. Him and I used to wrestle from when I was five," she smiled nostalgically. "Mom... I think I actually saved a holo of her and Dad somewhere. She loved Dad and us a lot. Well, maybe a Dad a little too much," she smirked.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Well, remember when I was telling you about how Thanagarians can, and sometimes do make love in mid-air? Well, uh... yeah. Awkward, first hand experience there."

"You didn't."

She nodded. "Yup. Six years old, I go in my parent's room because I had a bad dream, and see them flapping and bumping and grinding. I think the nightmare was better," she chuckled.

I snickered. "Let's make sure the same thing doesn't happen with us," I teased.

Shy snorted dismissively. "Meh, I pulled a muscle in my wing with that little stunt for your birthday last year. Don't plan on much mid-air fun with this Thanagarian."

"What about another one?" I joked.

"Nah, Canjra's got both jobs filled," she responded smartly. "Ugh... not sure what's worse. Walking in on your little sister or your parents."

"You don't seem to have much luck when entering people's bedrooms."

"Mmm, just ours. Then I get lucky a lot," she jibed.

I was going to say something more, but my watch vibrated as the silent alarm went off. Dammit, not now!

"Hon, I have bad news..."

"I hear it. Go. Besides, I want to get out of the tub anyway," she smirked.

I kissed her forehead. "All right. But get packed up and get to the ship. I won't be long."

"Okay. Good luck," she said. "I should be there with you."

"Not in your condition," I answered.

"Yeah," she conceded, disappointed. But she bounced back, at least partially, with a thin smile. "Anyway, go earn that Double-Oh's designation of yours."

"I won't be long. Be on the ship."

She nodded, and with that, I slid the sleek new C-1 pistol with the silencer into my pocket. It had been concealed in the Ysalamari cage. I also picked up the fuzzy little creature, and carried it with me to the rendezvous point.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Jendob Private Quarters, Gaelorth Hotel, EFP (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: