The Frecht District
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » The Frecht District
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: The Frecht District

As the glowrod flickered on with a loud buzz, 4-LOM took in his surroundngs. He was standing in what had been a successful droid repair shop, now just another part of the decaying Frecht district. Apparently the place hadn't been touched in years - there was dust and grime everywhere - and its owner had died on the job, due to slugthrower rounds on the floor and a shrivelled corspe in a backroom.
Organics have such disgusting habits, 4-LOM thought as he pushed his hoversled toward the middle of the shop. He would be grateful for any sort of bounty that came his way...
Something vibrated inside one of the boxes. 4-LOM rushed to pry it open, ignoring the pliers he had packed for just this occasion. After thirty seconds of brute force the box opened, and a small display began flashing. My first job, the droid thought and pulled out his Holonet receiver. ONE NEW MESSAGE, the screen stated in a brassy tone. After punching in his password, 4-LOM finally found the message. And it was from the Lady of Geonosis, no less!
For the first time in his "life," 4-LOM felt pleased. He had a clear shot at the Hunt, but this time there would be no coughing Gand to ruin everything.
It was perfect.

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Waiting, as any organic will tell you, is tedious. It's especially tedious for a bounty hunter, even more so than being on the Hunt. But for 4-LOM, time seemed to crawl like a dying man in the desert...nothing to do but work on his newly acquired Destroyer Droids in the shop.
Sparks flew as 4-LOM began to remove the blasters on a destroyer droid he named "X-1", simply to designate it from the other droids still in their crates.
From the moment that Murgth'a and 4-LOM arrived back on Denon, the latter was ready to begin hunting again - that is, until he checked the Holonet and saw several "journals" proclaiming some sort of battle near Corellia. The Lady of Geonosis would certainly be there, at least to protect her assests, 4-LOM had thought, And that means I'm out of a job until things cool down. And who knew when that would happen, considering that the Killiks - the foolish bugs! - were rumored to have been present at Corellia.
The blasters came off cleanly and clanged on the floor. Maybe I'll add weapon slots, that way I can have some back-up on the next Hunt...
4-LOM is at Denon.

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

It was time for a new Hunt...
"Murgth'a, I'm leaving you on guard duty," 4-LOM said as he gathered his supplies in the shop. The trip from Denon to Dagobah would probably take a week, maybe less if the hyperspace charts were accurate, but who knew? A true bounty hunter is prepared for anything, the droid mused, even faulty space routes.
"I have to watch the crates again?" Murgth'a asked, obviously wanting to be out in the fray again. He was at times much too eager for his associate's liking, but he was good in combat, which balanced out.
"You'll have time to practice your hand-to-hand fighting; It's another step toward becoming a Hunter." 4-LOM activated X-1 and X-2, his modified Destroyer Droids, with a small controller unit and began to load the hoversled. If Fandar tried to - how did organics say it? - "pull something," he would be stopped immediately...

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

"I've been working hard, Forrel," Murgth'a shouted as 4-LOM and the X droids brought his crates into the repair shop. "Forrel" had become the alien's nickname for his droid tutor ever since Ninan Deskila had been captured, and 4-LOM had taken on the name with stride - it was a great deal better than "Toy Soldier," anyways.
The Nikto was using a steel spear to parry attacks by one of 4-LOM's destroyer droid; apparently he had modified it enough to hold a smaller spear in two small pincers. He grunted loudly and thrust his spear into his opponent, shutting it off with a loud beep. "The Petranaki style, specifically - I found a Holonet documentary about it while you were gone, and you were right: this is good practice." He paused to put his weapon against a wall. "How much did you get this time?"
"A good deal. Enough to get by, at least for now," 4-LOM replied as he walked toward Murght'a. "Soon it will be time for your first assignment."
"Forrel, that's generous!" the Nikto replied, and with youthful spirit picked up two spears. Tossing the droid one, he shouted "Let me show you my skill! Ready yourself!"
4-LOM grabbed the spear and went into a crouched stance. He will make an excellent hunter...and perhaps teach me this 'Petrenaki'...

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Xaph
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Bounty Hunter's Guild

Xaph arrived at the Fecht District precisly on schedule for the Bounty Hunter's Guild trials. He climbed out of his fighter and searched the landing bay for the droideka he was suppoesed to meet.

Bounty Hunter - 500,038,000 Credits

Argh... didn't need to hear about Arlyn and the nine-million credit dildo again. - Ams
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

"You should have looked harder, organic." A droideka rolled out the entrance of the bay and unfurled itself in front of Xaph. The droid's metal pincers snapped together as its visual sensors took in the hunter; A vocabulator welded to the droid's chest crackled briefly. "Perception is the first thing that a hunter must grasp to pass the tests...."
The droid gestured to a Nebulon-S swoop bike in the corner of the bay. "That is your transportation, hunter. Head west from here for 15 meters - 4-LOM will meet you there." And with that the droid rolled itself out of the bay and into the darkness...

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Xaph
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Xaph was trying to think up a comeback when the droid rolled away.

"Damned droid, coming up behind me...like I even care about some stupid machine..."

His grumbling continued as he made his way to the swoop bike and got on. He never felt right on these things, there was too much danger with too little reward for speed. And 15 meters? What was the point...

Grudingly, he fired up the engines and left.

Argh... didn't need to hear about Arlyn and the nine-million credit dildo again. - Ams
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

4-LOM had just walked out of the shop when X-3 came rolling toward him. "So he has finally arrived, X-3?"
"Yes, and he took the swoop bike. He should be here any time now..."
"Excellent - Go inside and alert Murgth'a and Vrex. I want them to be ready to greet their fellow hunter."
The droideka nodded slightly and rolled inside, leaving 4-LOM alone to face the coming nightfall.

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Xaph pulled up to the shop and hopped out of the swoop bike, definitely annoyed and ready to bust a head or two. "You're 4-LOM, right?" he said as he walked toward the droid, "I'm ready to take your trials."
4-LOM was pleased inwardly - so this hunter had spirit, a quality seen very rarely nowadays. He would make an excellent addition to the Guild...
"Well, well, well...Xaph. You'll have to wait till morning to commence the trials, but in the meantime catch some sleep in your room - it's upstairs. Follow me." With that 4-LOM and Xaph entered the shop, passing two sleeping figures - Murghth'a and the Zeltron Abby Vrex. Xaph took his things up to his room, while 4-LOM found a place to shutdown.
Tommorow would be the first test of the Bounty Hunter's Guild...

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Xaph
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Xaph examined his room carefully and lifted up the matress of the hastily thrown-in cot. Underneath, he found what looked like a very short spike in between the four legs of the bed. Grabbing a piece of metal he found on the ground he tapped the tip of the spike gently.

The spike drove up with great speed, knocking the shard of metal out of Xaph's hands and bouncing off the ceiling. He left the room.

On the way out, he shook one of the figures he had seen earlier awake.

"Was that some sort of test?"

Sorry if that's kindof presumptous, I just though it would be better than saying I just fell asleep.

Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject:

James approached a large building in the Frecht district. It looked like a perfect place for the bounty hunter's guild to be located. There was a large hanger built into the building, and there were enough rooms to house several hundred hunters and staff. James doubted that this 4-LOM had the foresight to plan something like this, given that foresight was more commonly attributed to organics.

He snuck inside, passing several large crates on the ground. There was a destroyer droid in rolled up form in one corner, with a swoop bike in another part of the workshop. He continued through a doorway, and saw a figure he recognised from the holonet as Xaph looking very unamused as he demanded answers from a tired looking and equally unamused Nikto.

In the corner of the room was a small security camera. To the normal eye it would be invisible due to the darkness of the room, but James did not have normal eyes. He backtracked to the outside of the building and and climbed up before finding what he was looking for. A droid he assumed was 4-LOM watching the security feed from that same camera.

James slid open the window and climbed in silently. He stood for a moment, before speaking the obvious.

"You know, there's a slight conflict brewing downstairs. And also, your destroyer droid needs his hearing sensors upgraded."

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Fellas...I'm going to move the conversation to a new thread after this post...and I apologise for not posting sooner - damn weekend! Joke
4-LOM turned to face this new intruder, a James Vita, slowly. The organic seemed well armed, which would be a challenge. As the scene downstairs played itself out he said smoothly, "Indeed they were working earlier, but are yours?"
A sultry female voice answered, "Mine are at least. Murgth'a can handle the situation himself, he's no child." Abby Vrex walked out of the corner of the room and played with a rather nasty looking knife, bringing the blade within a short distance of Vita's neck. "Now this one I remember from the 'Net. Very efficient, shadowy...the sort of man I like. I say he exempts the trials."
4-LOM chuckled slightly as he turned back toward the screen. "Well said Abigail. Mr. Vita, since the trials are going to be taking place earlier than usual, I'd like it if you would monitor them. Perhaps you can provide some...suggestions for Xaph on his technique."

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Tue May 02, 2006 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

"Uhh...what is it..." Murgth'a mumbled as the hunter known as Xaph shook him awake. As he rose to his feet he groaned slightly - maybe it was his Southern Nikto heritage that caused him muscle pain. "Damn, you're still alive. I should've known...Anyway, that was a test that you passed with flying colors. Congrats, now you can get to flex your muscles a little. Follow me." With that the Nikto picked up his steel spear, hustled toward the back of the room, and out a side corridor. He wasn't sure if Xaph would follow, but something told him that the hunter would. Some people were just born with knives in their hands, and a little training would turn them into effective warriors...
EDIT - Just some grammer issues. Me no speak good English Joke

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Thu May 04, 2006 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

James smiled slightly, before seizing the womans blade hand and spinning her around, the blade now millimetres from her throat.

"Sister, you wouldn't know what to do with me," he said before releasing her and shoving her towards 4-LOM, "but sure, I'll monitor his progress, thought I doubt he will take any suggestions favourably."

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

James was about to take a seat in front of the security monitor when his commlink beeped. A human male appeared on the screen, announcing that his clones were ready. James nodded and closed the connection. He walked to the window before turning around.

"There is something I need to do first," he said before climbing out the window.

He climbed quickly down the outside of the building, landing without a sound. When he got to the hangar, there was a troop transport landed. It was a very snug fit, but somehow the pilot had made it.

"James Vita?" the man called.
"Yeah, thats me."
"I have your order here. The clones are designated JV-000 and so on. Your two commanders are JV-000 and JV-111. The commandoes are JV-001 to JV-030. All other units follow on numerically from there."
"Okay, good. Unload them here."

Thirty commando clones came out first, followed by a group of sixty clone troops. After them came two groups of thirty, each led by a commander.

"JV series clones, you will stay in this hangar until given further orders."
"Yes sir," came the collective reply of the assembled troops.
"Good."

James motioned for the first seven of the commandoes to follow him. With them in tow, he returned to the monitoring room.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

4-LOM was putting the final touches on the first trial when Vita, and several other humans, arrived in the monitoring room - all of them seemed to be armed. Very well armed in fact.
Abby had gone downstairs to check on Murgth'a and Xaph, giving the other hunter a moment to himself. "I hope, Mr. Vita, that you aren't planning some kind of coup," 4-LOM mumbled as he called up the "Geonosis Arena" holoprogram. "If that were to happen - Mr. Vita. Who are your bodyguards? I thought you came alone."

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Xaph
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

So, am I still going out to train, or is the attention now on the clones?

Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

"...And this is your testing ground, Xaph." Murgth'a paused to sweep his left hand across the empty room. It was no larger than that of a freighter's cargo bay, but with the proper holo-program one could travel to far-off places...it sure cut the need for offworld training...
"But...it's...empty," Xaph said, still annoyed as ever. He obviously wasn't amused after last night's "incident."
"True, but watch." The Nikto punched a button on the nearest wall and stepped back. After a loud buzz, the room was transformed into a Geonosian Arena, complete with four lights beaming down from above. In this arena, nightfall had already taken place, perfect for the upcoming test. "This is your first trial - Perception. You will have to fight 4 Nexu in short succession, and after each one dies one light goes off. You can use one weapon from over there," Murgth'a said, pointing toward a pile of melee and ranged weapons. "Once you're done, shout 'Finished'. I'll be outside if you need me." With that the Nikto walked out a side door, confident that Xaph would pass. Xaph, this is where you come in - roleplay the test and PM me when you're done. Good luck! Very Happy

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Wed May 03, 2006 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

"I did," replied James, "these clones and several more are to be my crew, however CEC hasn't ratified my order yet. These seven are part of a commando strike force that I ordered. Guess it shows how much better corporations run if governments aren't involved. Of course if I wanted to stage a coup I wouldn't bother with clones. I would just assassinate you and claim that you are unworthy. I'm sure Ms PallanÚn would get over it."

James moved to watch the first test on the monitor.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

"Speaking of," muttered James as 4-LOM's commlink beeped.

The protocol droid took the call and looked back at James.

"The Lady wants us to move to Manaan."

James smirked at this.

"Solo's having a whinge about us being on an Alliance controlled world. I would suggest that a better location, at least for now, would be Geonosis. It is in the outer rim and the Geonosians are loyal to the Ms PallanÚn."

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

"Hmmph, you have a point," 4-LOM remarked as he switched the security camera over to the "Danger Room." Xaph was finishing the last of the holographic Nexus with ease - indeed, he drove his double-bladed sword straight through its head.
"Finished!" he shouted as the last light flickered out. "What do I do now?"
4-LOM put himself though intercom - "Xaph, well done. Your first trial is complete. We would continue but we have a message from our patron. Effective immediately, the Guild is moving operations to Geonosis. No exceptions. That means get your gear together and head into Denon's orbit, I'll get you the coordinates there."
After he switched the intercom off, 4-LOM turned to Vita and said "Well, don't just stand there. We're leaving now."

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Thu May 04, 2006 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Xaph
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

Sorry, but I had school. I'll post what I had finished at the bottom of this post.

Geonosis. This was odd. For a moment, Xaph let his paranoia seep through. No, this was not a trap. This was just a change. Most likely security. Xaph left the building.

Xaph smiled under his mask. Geonosis. The droid couldn't have picked a better location if he had tried. Xaph knew the layout of the battle arena already, had committed it to memory, and so anticipated the releaseof the first Nexu already. Retrieving a double-bladed sword from the pile of weapons in a corner, Xaph stood in the middle of the arena.
As the gates pulled open and the Nexu came thrashing out, Xaph adopted a steady stance, with his feet planted firmly apart, and quarter-staff extended. He crouched low, bringing down his center of gravity.
The Nexu charged Xaph head on, and just as it was about to leap at Xaph, he made his move.
Bringing the sword forward, he stabbed at the Nexu's eyes, the creature baking up out of pure instinct. Xaph followed through by pivoting the sword around, bringing it straight across the creature's face. The Nexu reeled back, and Xaph brought his back foot up, catching the creature underneath the chin, pushing it back, and more importantly, revealing the creature's stomach, and plunged his blade into it.
Directly on cue, one of the light's above the arena went off. The light that was trained on Xaph.
Looking up, he saw that one of the lights was following the Nexu that was emerging from the cage, leving the area around him in relative darkness. He span around ad grabbed for the sword even now lodged in the Nexu corpse, being careful not to grab the already revealed blade. He got both hands around the grip and began to pull it out when he was knocked forward with a tremendous force. He was thrown forward, and the sword was flung from his hands. Landing and rolling to his feet, Xaph quickly got into a hand-to-hand stance, facing the Nexu as he prepared to charge again. He couldn't see the sword.
His stance was similar to the last time: feet spread, knees bent. But this time, he was on his toes, ready to spring to the side at the last minute. As the Nexu ran at him, he noticed the double-bladed sword in it's path. Leaping out of the way, he ran toward the sword, and kicke it up into his hand. The Nexu was circling back at him, but this time he was armed. Pre-empting the lunge, Xaph drove the blade through the Nexu's skull, bringing it down.
He was down to two lights, and it seemed as if this one was moving in a random pattern, with it's path changing every few feet. There was still enough light to dimly make out the Nexu, this one circling him.

And it was going to end with the double-bladed sword breaking in half, with Xaph then using them as two long knives.

Yellow is OOC and please use text people can read. - Gav

[color=yellow]It was OOC, and I figured he would copy and paste it. It was meant to be unobtrusive.

Last edited by Xaph on Fri May 05, 2006 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject:

James looked incredulously at the protocol droid for a moment before leading his commandoes back to the hangar. By a lucky coincidence, the transport was still there when he arrived. He boarded it and convinced the pilot to fly them to Geonosis before returning to whereever it was that he came.

Once his clones were secure aboard the ship, he returned to the docking bay and retrieved his fighter. Once aboard, he launched to space and met up with the transport and escorted it to the jump point.

James is en route to Geonosis

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr

Last edited by kypjargon on Fri May 05, 2006 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » The Frecht District
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: