Platform A-56
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » Platform A-56
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Platform A-56

The Ghtroc Class 720 freighter touched down, nearly invisible due to the coming nightfall and the ship's paintjob. Steam emerged from the belly of the ship as a protocol droid descended the cargo ramp and felt solid ground for the first time in months. Pushing a hoversled filled with boxes toward the Numal-Alpha spaceport, the droid wondered whether a life as a free agent was still worth the trouble. But he considered the 75% chance of bounties on this planet, and that made him feel somewhat confident.

The protocol droid's name? 4-LOM. It had been some time since the Solo incident, and 4-LOM was not going to let that happen again.

That was a promise.

4-LOM is at Denon.

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits

Last edited by Jaxxon Five-D on Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

When 4-LOM approached the spaceport, he noticed several guards posted just outside the entrance. There must have been a internal disturbance, hence the increased security, he thought. Just as the droid was about to leave the landing pad, one of the guards stepped in his way.
"Excuse me sir, but droids aren't allowed planetside without security clearance. We'll have to investigate your belongings."

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

"Sir, I can assure you that I am not carrying any sort of weapons," 4-LOM stated boldly, "I'm here so I can start a new life..." The droid rambled on about how his master abandoned him, he had arrived in a borrowed starship, that sort of thing. Hopefully the bluff would work on a organic simpleton - in fact, there was a 89.445% percent chance that it would work.

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

It worked. It actually worked.

The guard took the lies willingly, but there was just the slightest bit of doubt in his face. "I'll let you through," he said after a long pause, "But you'll have to check in with Captain Loorn. He's my commanding officer, and he can run a background check on you, to verify you are who you say you are. Do you understand?"

"Certainly fine sir, thank you very much. I don't know how I..."

"Moving along will be enough for me." He stepped to the side to allow 4-LOM to move his things off the platform. Good, now I can get down to business, the droid thought. Just one bumpy ride on the public transport system and he would be free to start his "operations." The freighter he could always sell on the black market if he need money...

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Two days later...
The platform's doors slid open, revealing an impatient protocol droid. Droidekas or not, I still have a terrorist to catch, 4-LOM thought as he hustled toward his waiting freighter. He wasn't carrying much beyond his weapons, a repair kit (for emergencies) and a spare credstick - one never knows how many people need to be bribed before information becomes public domain.
As the cargo bay door closed and 4-LOM began guiding his ship out of the port, he decided on recruiting some local thugs for his "assignment." The probability of one droid against a large terrorist group were just too slim to pass as favorable odds...
4-LOM has left Denon.

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » Platform A-56
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: