Coronet Hospital
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hospital
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Coronet Hospital

Arlyn and Ryan didn't wander too far, they ended up in front of the Coronet Hospital. A place of birth and one's final rest. Families came here to celebrate and some to mourn. Arlyn gripped Ryan's hand as they entered the noisy building. The screams of pain and joy echoed as one as they came to the front desk.

"I am looking for Sly Est, an Umbaran woman." Arlyn said softly. Although she never liked the Umbaran, she would at least see her to the 'end'. The secretary nodded looking at the thanagarian and said, "Right this way."

The elderly secretary lead them down a long cooridor that passed several drama filled rooms with weaping children crying 'mama' or 'papa'. Parents that shouted to the Corellian gods why their children were just taken from them. When they reached the room the Umbaran woman was in, Arlyn held her breath.

Sly sat restrained on the table, the machine echoing a slowly dying 'beep....beep....beep'. Arlyn approached the malicious woman who had tried to suppress her. The woman looked at Arlyn as she approached and something flicked in her eyes.

"Flint is planning a war." she said softly, "My homeworld is at risk."

Arlyn nodded and said, "Sly. You have fought well."

The Umbaran laughed slightly in her dark way and the machine began to beep more rapidly as Sly had trouble breathing. Arlyn looked at her wide eyed, waiting for the death moment to occur, but Sly returned.

"Circle of blackholes." Sly said through gasps, "Secrets there. Blonde woman."

Arlyn was unsure if the woman was insane or revealing bits of information she had collected, "Hand! Hand!" Then it happened. The final moment of one's life. Sly's eyes opened to the galaxy and it slowly disappeared. She was gone. Arlyn looked at Ryan whom only nodded. His secret died with her and the only possible man that 'knew' could be Flint. How his powers were able to detect him as a droid, was still unclear.

Arlyn entered Ryan's arms as a team of medical officers rushed in to perform a second attempt at the woman's life. But it was over, Sly had passed on and into the afterlife. If one existed.

Ryan lead Arlyn out of the room and they continued their near midnight stroll of Coronet.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

The Coronet Hospital was beginning to settle down, the first time in years. The patient number was decreasing and the doctors had enough time to grab a bite to eat and re-energize. The Head Doctor stepped into the ER, her eyes locking onto some patients she hadn't spoken to since they were admitted. She began her way towards them when the ER doors sprung open and a man carrying a winged bloody brunette walked through the door.

"Alliance Security Chief?" the doctor gasped and ran towards the newcomers.

Ryan kicked open the doors, his eyes desperately looking for a doctor. Ironically a female doctor carrying the insignia and rank of head administrator was standing in front of them. "Help" he whispered, but she was already running towards them.

"Come this way." the middle aged woman said looking over the Thanagarian in his arms, "Tell me your name."

"Alliance Naval Ambassador Ryan Davad, ma'am." he said carrying Arlyn in her direction.

The woman nodded and kept the conversation, "Everything is in our hands now, you did everything you could, understood?"

Ryan nodded along but knew he should've done something else...Something more... They stepped into a medical room, droids beeping an acknowledgement at their entry. The table was preloaded and ready to receive the broken angel. Ryan stood perplexed at the thought of letting her go. He had carried Arlyn for hours.

"Ryan, listen to me." The woman looked directly into his eyes, "You are going to have to let go. All right?" she kindly asked before repeating the order, "Just set her carefully on the table..." Ryan nodded and moved towards the table and paused. "Ryan, if we are going to save her, please set her on the table. Everything will be all right." Ryan laid the woman on the table and kissed her bruised forehead as three nurses and doctors burst through the doors.

"Sir, we are going to have to ask you to wait outside." the short male doctor asked while giving him a brief look. Seeing Ryan’s stubbornness he added, "Please." Ryan obeyed again and stepped outside, collapsing against the wall near the door. His face was emotionless but deep within his soul he could feel that he was beginning to lose her. She was slipping from life. A single tear leaked from his eyes and ran across his cheek before splashing into the hospital flooring.

Ryan didn't budge after being moved to the 'waiting room'. He watched the various community come and go. Mended and treated easily and sent back on their daily lives. Last time Arlyn and Ryan were here, they were saying good bye to Sly Est. Now, Ryan may have to say good bye to his only love. His companion, his greatest friend, his possible wife could not slip away.

The administrator that had greeted him entered the waiting room, her eyes gloomy and full of exhaustion. Ryan stood immediately and looked at her, Is she going to live? he wanted to say with every fiber, but couldn't. The fear of the negative response.

"Miss Pallanén remains in critical condition." she said gravely, "She regained consciousness a few minutes ago." Ryan began to walk towards her but the doctor held out her hands, "Wait. She did ask for you, but keep it simple and quick. The next few hours are critical; we are preparing a bacta tank as we speak."

Ryan nodded and moved passed the doctor. The frightened man sped through the hallway and stopped in front of the door. His hand outstretched but recoiled. His eyes watered instantly as he pushed the door open. Arlyn lay across the bed with a droid tending her right arm.

The thanagarian attempted to smile as he entered as her broken voice began, "They told me you didn't want to leave me." Ryan nodded afraid to betray his eyes to emotions. "If I..." she started her eyes blinking rapidly to counter the oncoming tears, "...don’t make it. Tell my family I love them. Give my love to the Geonosians who sheltered me." Ryan moved towards her as he shook his head. He was not accepting her death, it could not happen!

"Ryan," her mangled fingers skimmed across his face, "You are my present. And if death takes me, I may not be your future. Live on. Live the love that you have for me." Her words were powerful as she had trouble breathing.

"Oh Arlyn," he began, "It wasn't meant to end like this. I wanted...I wanted...." Ryan stopped as her eyes closed and the computer wailing 'beeeeeeep'. Ryan shook his head. No, no, no, no he repeated over and over. The medical droid sprang to life and began to perform basic maneuvers to bring her back, but failed. The medical team arrived quickly pushing Ryan to the side as they began their medical drills. "Stay with me Angel." he begged at the lifeless Thanagarian, "Don't..."

The doctors tried for minutes, but nothing. Ashlia, the Administrator, looked at her watch and sighed regretting the next words out of her mouth, "16:08".

Beep, Beep, Beep came the computer as Arlyn gasped for breath. The doctor laughed while moving to the bedside, "Wait." She took a few pulse readings, "GET ME THAT BACTA TANK!" The droids began to move the holo-bed and Arlyn detached and floated off towards the Bacta Tank. The doctor cornered Ryan saying, "She must love ya kid, that rarely happens."

Ryan's chest took the first breath as he wiped his damp cheeks, "Thanks."

Ashlia nodded and grinned, "She'll pull through, all right?" Ryan nodded and the doctor left pulling up the rear of the small medical convoy towards the bacta tanks.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:

Luke burst through the front doors, the secretary looked up, “sir, don’t even think about going in there without showing me your identification.”
Luke shook his head, one of his best ex-agents was lying in a bed in this hospital and they wanted to see his id? Luke waved his hand, “you don’t need to see my ID.”
The secretary replied, “I don’t need to see your ID.”
Luke smiled and stepped through the doors leading to the A&E department.
Luke turned a corner and saw Arlyn being carted off to the Bacta rooms. He saw Ryan in one of the side rooms; Luke guessed they were Operating Rooms. Luke opened the door and walked inside.
He walked right up to Ryan, “Ambassador.” Luke said, bowing low, “How is Ag… Chief Pallanén?”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Ryan turned to face the oncoming Jedi Master sighing in disbelief. “Ambassador.” Luke said, bowing low, “How is Ag… Chief Pallanén?” he asked thoughtfully.

Ryan looked at the thanagarian as they rounded a corner and disappeared. Ryan turned back to Luke. "She will recover." he said as emotionless as possible his uniform still held the blood from which he carried her. He didn't notice until this moment, he looked away and responded, "They say it will be a good ten hours before she is back on her feet." His eyes scanned the area and openly wondered, "How did you know she was here?"

Afraid of a media leak, Ryan waited for the man's response.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

Luke looked at Ryan, he could feel emotion emanating from him… yet his brain was unlike any he had experienced… in an organic life form.
“Chief Pallanén used to be one of my agents in the Rebel Intelligence Network.” Luke pulls a datapad out of his utility belt, on the top of the pad the words "Plot Device" are clearly visible, “this datapadd indicates the status of all my agents, I kept it when I left as a sort of nostalgic reminder… During the Lusankya incident it never stopped beeping; nearly all my agents were involved in the evacuation or were killed afterwards. Chief Pallanén and a few others were lucky not to be involved… however it beeped at me about five minutes ago and told me of Chief Pallanén’s basic physical situation. I told no one else.”
Luke looked at the datapad, he handed it to Ryan, “could you give that to her, when she is able to take visitors, the remaining two are her agents now.”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?

Last edited by Gavin Young on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

Ryan nodded respectfully. Skywalker cared for Arlyn and for now, Ryan would respect that. His eyes lowered and he took the padd while eminating a simple 'Thanks'. Ryan looked around, not sure of what he could be doing to help the situation. A nurse approached them, Ryan in particular.

"Gentlemen, Miss Pallanén will be in the bacta tank for almost 12 hours. We want to make sure she is healed, run some tests, everything possible to insure her absolute recovery." Her voice was directed to both of them, but switched, targetting Ryan, "I suggest you go back to the hotel, clean up, and take a rest. We will notify you of anything."

Ryan nodded and thought it was maybe best that he looked his best when she awoke or was able to him. The nurse looked at Luke, patted his arm and walked away and off towards her next patient. Ryan turned to Skywalker and said, "I need to clean up...I think." he joked looking at the top half of his formal shirt stained with thick packets of blood.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Ryan shook Luke Skywalker's hand and left for the speeder he had taken from the terrorists. He drove it back to the hotel in absolute silence and collected the Sword of Levition before calling the Corellian Officials to report the vehicle and the incident that occured. The Police Chief personally took the call and thanked the man who saved his career. Apparently, Corellian officials were after the punks for weeks, death warrants for all of them. After a long conversation, Ryan greeted the Investigators then left them to collect what evidence they needed as they left with the vehicle in tow.

Ryan entered the Coronet Hotel, gathering a large amount of attention with the blood on his shirt. He walked passed several security guards and into a private lift towards his room. Ryan leaned against the wall, the day still replaying within his mind. As the lift doors opened, Ryan let out a weak sigh. His heart at its lowest that he could do nothing for Arlyn, the only human fresh-blood that he truly loved. She was the beginning of his sentience and she could be very well the end of it.

He unlocked the door and entered into the dark and empty room. He sat down within a chair rubbing his temples and calming his thoughts. He slowly began to undress and tossed his clothes into the bins. He walked into the shower and began the process of rest.

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject:

Luke clasped the man’s hand firmly and watched him depart, Luke had descided to wait around, he didn’t know why but the Force was telling him to wait here.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Arlyn's eyes opened and adjusted to the vicious amount of light within the room. She groaned and coughed out of reflex from the long period of bacta, the oxygen was not as fresh as the air pumped into her. Her eyes scanned the area, no one. She was lying on a long hospital bed, her entire body felt rested and healed to an addicting state of perfection. Her skin was soft and renewed. Her fingers were mended, the bones corrected. Arlyn touched her cheeks and they were repaired just as well.

The brunette Thanagarian sat up right and moved her wings. They felt rested and even adjusted. She could detect the slightest current in the room better than before. Arlyn observed that she was now wearing a hospital robe with a patient ID attached. She moved and realized that she was in fact not alone. A room divider rested in the middle of the room and the man on the other side coughed. Arlyn ignored it, but he called out to her.

"Alatáriël?" his voice was rough and weak. Arlyn looked at the divider. "Who?"

"Yes?" she answered moving towards the white divider.

He breathed heavily and said, "I'm so humbled that you are alive. My work is finished." Arlyn opened the divider with her hands and the man’s voice belonged to the old Chalactian Priest that was shot in the Rambaldi Underground cavern. “You must have questions, I’ll answer as many as I can before…you know.”

Arlyn nodded carefully her face reflecting the want of the man to survive, but his wounds clearly stated his fate, “All right.” Her voice was calm, accepting his kindness and moving on to his request, “Why were you in the cave?” It was odd that a Chalactian Priest happened to be inside the cave the day her and Ryan spontaneously decided to enter.

The man chuckled, “It seems I was forordained such a fate. I was ordered by the church to cover this cavern up as soon as possible, it would provide the Angel of Levias unnecessary and unwanted attention as she went for the Sword of Levition.”

Arlyn nodded and asked, “What is the importance of the Sword?”

“Ahhh…” his voice echoed and ended with a violent cough. After clearing his throat he answered the Thanagarian’s question, “The Sword unlocks another Rambaldi mystery, one of which I do not know, but I can tell you it unlocks an immeasurable amount of trea-“

Arlyn finished his sentence, “Treasure. I know. Is that why the Alumnai Terrorist group was present?”

The Chalactian nodded, “Gifted with wisdom, you are indeed, Miss Pallanén. Those pirates and thieves have been stealing from religious sactums for years to bank their actions. Their funds and credit pool is running thin and somehow they found out about the Rambali treasure. I was able to inform the Chalactian officials, it is only a matter of time before their organization collapses.” He grinned.

Arlyn nodded, “A worthy cause, no doubt, but how do the Chalactians plan on destroying their entire organization?”

The man smirked, “We have several agents within their criminal terrorist empire. Its only a matter of days for it collapses in a civil war. My sources promise no civilians will be harmed in the process.”

Arlyn eyed the man carefully. The Chalactians were deeply spiritual and those that interrupted their preaching and teachings would not be so lucky, especially this eternal mission of the ‘Angel of Levia’.

The man continued, “There is something, O Angel, I require.” Arlyn nodded allowing the man to continue, “This organization needs to be ended swiftly and the leader has mysteriously left the organization and fled to Nar Shadda. I suggest you task an agent quickly and eliminate him. I believe he is on twelve Galactic Alliance Death Warrant Lists; Ryloth, Denon, Tatooine, -“

Arlyn smiled, “I am familiar with the individual and will fulfill your request. He was one of the minor few that managed to escape my Tatooine Criminal Purge.” The Chalactian priest nodded and was thrown into another coughing fit. Arlyn was about to call for a medical nurse, but he slowed holding up his hands.

“I’ll be fine. Where is the Sword currently?” the Priest asked wiping his mouth.

Arlyn shrugged, “I was unconscious at the time. It must be within my hotel room.” Her memory recalled the last images she remembered and one was Ryan taking the Sword and sliding it onto his side. Arlyn looked at the priest, smiling carefully. “I think you answered all my questions. Rest.”

The man nodded calmly and said, “You have blessed us all. I shall continue my prayers into the night, but I have a feeling someone is waiting for you. Someone that cares for you dearly.” Arlyn gave him an odd glanced and the man chuckled, “The divider was open two hours ago and he waited for you almost the entire time.” Arlyn nodded relieved it wasn’t another divine revelation. She had too many of those in the recent events. She walked to the door and her fingers dangled over the command padd as the doors opened and a man stepped inside. Ryan Davad. "That's the lad."

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Ryan stopped in front of the repaired angel. His organic heart stopped, his eyes filling with returned emotion. She was standing in front of him, mended to perfection. Her beauty restored a hundred fold. Ryan's sensors had detected corrections made on almost every part of her body; her feathers corrected, the bones in her fingers restored, her face was back to its normality of beauty, the bruises and nasty cuts were gone.

Ryan's hand lifted to her face and he touched her soft skin. Her hand rose and set ontop of his. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before embracing each other in a long and much needed affectionate kiss. Ryan pressed himself into her as the roses fell in slow motion from his hands and crashed into the floor. Arlyn wrapped her hands around him as the door closed behind.

It was several minutes before they stopped, the Chalactian Priest had pressed the divider closed while saying, "Dont mind me." Arlyn laughed and kissed Ryan again across the lips. She whispered, "Thanks..."

Ryan leaned against her, his finger skimming across her face, "It was nothing." His thumb stopped on her lower lip, "Just don't scare me like that -" Arlyn kissed him again and when she let go, she whispered, "Let's get back out of here."

Ryan nodded and kissed her a last time, before she went into the little side room to change out of the hospital robe. Arlyn emerged, wearing a universal human release shirt and some of her pants that held the blood from the day before. Ryan gulped at the site, but her smile refreshed the emotions of the present. He grinned and collected her hand. They left in unison back to the hotel, kissing each other occansionally.

Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

The short Jedi Master walked into the Corellia Hospital. He was delayed significantly by running into an old friend, who was infact the Head Administrator here at the Coronet Hospital. Yoogle paused at the entrance, the Jedi Master receiving a vision.

"Like Alzoc III, we must be like." Yoogle grinned and looked at the lead doctor.

She nodded carefully and walked away from the Jedi, saying her good-byes. Yoogle walked out of the front doors and attempted to catch a taxi back towards the hotel. He needed to speak with Arlyn, immediately. Apparently, they had just left.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Calias Ketra, Vice Supreme Chancellor [DECEASED]
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

Nobody knew who this girl was; all the security guy who accompanied her would say was that she had been stabbed, and the the circumstances were "suspicious". An explanation such as this could have a million possible meanings, and frustrated the Head doctor no end. What she wouldn't give for a normal day. The though alone was enough to make her smile. What, after all, was a normal day?

She began to examine the unconscious body on the table in front of her. This woman, whoever she was, was laying strangely. The cop hadn't let anybody touch her, not even to dress her in a hospital gown, citing evidenciary reasons. Quietly, and slowly, she lifted the body. The sight made her gasp and almost drop the body. Tucked into the waistband of the patient's pants, just above her buttocks, was a gun. Carefully, she removed it, and placed it in a blue waste tray beside her instruments.

Setting the body back down, she used a scalpel to cut open the shirt, exposing the wound. It was roughly four centimetres in length, and perhaps half a centre in width. She clamped the main areas of bleeding, and peered inside the wound. Though the wound was deep, it had managed to penetrate between the folds of her small intestine, just above the illiem. As far as the doctor could tell, there was no trauma evident to the small intestine itself.

Content, she began to repair the blood vessels, before closing and stitching the wound. There was a tube of bacta-based gel next to the blaster in the tray. She picked it up and applied a small amount to the surface of the wound, before taking a bacta bandage and covering the gel, ensuring there were no leaks. A strong gauze bandage was wrapped completely around the patient's abdomen, completeing the surgery after one and three-quarter hours.

The doctor sighed to herself before signalling to the nurses that she was done. Charting this patient would be a nightmare. There was no birthdate, no address, not even a name. A whole storage area in the records department was dedicated to cases such as this, one of the telltale signs of a shattered hope.

Once the patient was back out in the emergency department, she went to talk to the security officer, carrying the gun. She approached him, and held it out, butt first.

"She had this concealed on her person."

The officer looked startled for a moment, clearly reliving the journey here and wondering if the patient had an opportunity to shoot him.

"Thank you. You look tired, doctor, perhaps you should rest."
"My shift ends in twenty minutes, I'll rest after that," replied the doctor, returning to her work.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject:

Hospital space was scarce these days, but nevertheless the Security Officer demanded that his charge be given a private room. There had been much muttering after this demand, but it had been complied with. The officer didn't mind a little bit of dissent, just as long as the end result was what he wanted. He was standing at attention next to the door when a bald-headed man approached. The man looked human, more mulcular than most, but still human.

"Did she survive?"
The question immediately aroused the suspicions of the Officer.
"Yes, she did. I am wonering how you are in a position to know that she was injured."
"I saved her life, and incapacitated her attacker."
"Then your prints will match those found on the switchblade found next to her attacker's body."
"They should, yes" replied James.
"And what is that you were doing in that particular alley at that particuler time? Was it luck, Mr ..."
"Vita. And I should think not. I followed her from Coronet hotel."
"With what intent?"
"To gather information."
"Concerning?"
"She tried to rip me off when I checked in. At the time it struck me as odd because she didn't appear to have the brains to pull something like that off. When I got to the alley it became apparent that she had only done it because the man threatened her."
"And what happened in the alleyway?"
"She had only two hundred credits stolen from hotel customers. The man was not satisfied and questioned her. When she refused to comply he grabbed her by the throat. This is when I stepped in. He drew a blaster, at which point I threw the switchblade into his hand, thereby disarming him. He pulled out a vibroblade and stabbed her before I could stop him. He engaged me and I incapacitated him."
"You realise that by leaving you were commiting a crime."
"Hardly. I did not know how many were involved in this scam and feared for my safety. This is the soonest possible time that I felt save enough to come forward. I am willing to submit a formal statement, but will not be in the system long enough to attend a trial or charge hearing."
"We have ways of making you stay."
"You would try to arrest the only witness in this crime, thereby discrediting me in the eyes of the law?"
The officer thought for a long moment before replying, "no, I wouldn't. The young lady will be taken to the station tomorrow morning. You should come by then to give your statement. I trust you know where our station is?"
"I do."
"Then our conversation is concluded. Thank you for your information."

James walked quickly away, wanting to get as much distance between himself and the officer before the man could change his mind.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr

Last edited by kypjargon on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hospital
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: