Streets of Theed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Naboo » Streets of Theed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Streets of Theed

Nubis walked down the lengthy ramp of the Ambigram and made his way toward a port official. Nubis didn't care for formalities, however, and waved off the man saying, "No need, sir. I understand procedure. You'll need to disucss anything you might possibly have to say with the ship's captain. You can find him on the bridge."

Nubis let out a sigh. He was tired of the red tape and procedure the galaxy was drowning itself in. The worlds had turned into a pointless dance of politics and needless talking. It made his throat dry and his eyes red. Of course, there were other reasons for that - reasons which he had decided to keep quiet for the time being. There would come a point when it would be benificial to let out those specifics to the galaxy. Not now.

Leaving the ship behind him, Nubis took up a meager pace through the streets of Theed. In the distance, the Royal Palace was just barely noticable, the massive complex of the starport hid most of it from view. Of course, being Theed, there were shops lining the street, all huddled next to another so close that you couldn't tell who was selling what amid the vendors. The poor of society struggling to get their wares off their own hands and replace them with credits to feed themselves, he depressed himself.

Feeling an ache rising through his legs, he hailed a taxi. From his right, a fast-moving taxi made its way up to him, comming only a foot from hitting him. The driver, Nubis remarked to himself, must be desperate. Boarding the taxi, he took his seat and signaled to the pilot. "To the palace, please. I have an appointment to get to."

The driver nodded and engaged the humming repulsorlifts of the speeder. As they made their way through the winding streets and across the vast plazas, Nubis couldn't help but feel that something was wrong here. Something was out of place. It was almost as if Naboo and its splendor was too good to be true. With the comming marriage between some unknown Jedi and the Queen. Suprisingly, the event was low-key. Nubis figured it would be the news story of the galaxy. Oddly, it wasn't. That puzzeled him even more. He pushed the thought aside and focused on his goal. He was being sent to complete an act for his Master, and would do so.

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:

The early morning was one of Naboo’s most beautiful moments. The early rising of the sun had sent warm rays throughout the streets of Theed. Alexander, the older and handsome teenager, approached a perfect view of the Palace. The view was an excellent display of Naboo Royalty and their accomplishments over the long courses of time. A pair of storm troopers walked by, sending chills down Alexander’s back.

Years of history, especially by Mr. Phillip, had brought a great disliking towards the Imperial guests. Although the Queen had invited them to stay, Alexander had decided it went against everything the people of Naboo stood for. He longed for the days of the Old Republic where freedom and democracy reigned. The return of senators.

Alexander sighed and realized that his normal sidekick and best friend was no where in sight. Landon’s family had forced him along to Sol, making their conversations into holo communications. It was lame, to say the least, but they still kept in touch. And in a week or two, they would meet up at the Alliance Academy. As star fighter pilots. Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles were their idols when it came to flying. Becoming apart of the legendary Rogue Squadron was something they dreamed of, ever since the holo images of the Battle of Yavin.

Alexander leaned against the merchant stands, looking down the great falls. A couple of TIE fighters were doing their daily morning routines, something Mr. Phillips would take pleasure in lecturing for hours over. Ever since the 501st Legion’s invasion of the planet, the massacre of the Jedi and Queen of the time, Phillips has been proclaiming his dislike. The old man managed to thrown in jail, placed in concentration camps, and banished more than anyone Alexander knew; yet still allowed to become a school teacher.

Alexander bit into his breakfast apple while watching a pair of ducks dive towards the bottom of the falls. His meditation on the history of Naboo was broken when someone called his last name.

“Rixter!” the male voice yelled, “You gotta take a look a’ this!” His accent was all too familiar. The manager of ‘Repair Speeders’ shop. Alexander was a local legend at repairing things, something that came easy to him. He had taken a liking to speeders and battle droids. Fixing the historical battle droids of the first ‘Battle of Naboo’ for museums across the system, was a favorite past time of Alexander Rixter.

Alexander followed the large manager into the shop where a cloth was tossed over something…special. Obviously Ugnart didn’t want anyone to catch a glance of this. The manager placed his stubby hands on the cloth and gave it a tug while saying, “Feast yo’ eyes on this litt’ puppy.”

Alexander literally gasped. Despite a few bumps and scrapes, a fully restored Droideka stood in front of them. But it wasn’t the regular, run of the mill destroyer droid, it was modified. Alexander approached the droid, wondering how the blazes it managed to make it here of all places.

“Ugnart?” Alexander’s voice clearly perplexed at the image. His hands touched the soft, yet protective metal. This was no regular design, this was a personal droid to someone really special. Alexander opened the back of the model and a name of the possible previous owner existed. ‘Arlyn’ was written in clean, gold letters. It had some internal damage, but only a matter of minutes of correction was needed.

“Get me the hyprano.” Alexander ordered. The manager complied hoping to sell the droideka to the highest bidder. Alexander spent minutes of precise labor, when he finally was able to activate the droid. Little did he know, a Rebellion beacon was activated. The destroyer droid coiled into a ball, then turned to face the frozen manager and mechanic, Alexander.

“Greetings, my name is Remus.” The droid responded its head twitching, “Where is Agent Pallanén ?”

Alexander took a step forward, “It’s all right. We aren’t going to hurt you.”

Remus twitched his head, “I was captured by pirates.” Alexander nodded to go along with the story as his hands reached for a deactivating device. The destroyer droid opened fire effectively vaporizing the device inches away from Alexander’s hand. Remus’s voice patterns did not change, but the words sent chills down Alexander’s spine, “You do not wish to harm me, yet you reach for a deactivating device.” Its voice was blunt and ordered, “I require a data aperture in order to download the most recent events.”

Alexander nodded activating a computer console. Remus walked to the opening and injected his processors, assimilating the new information.
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Alexander took a seat watching the droid take in months of galactic history and begin to process it. Alexander eyed his manager, who only shrugged. Not exactly the best help in the galaxy, but Alexander was unsure what to do with the droid. Return it? Wipe its memory?

Alexander sighed and leaned his head against the palm of his hand. They waited for almost twenty minutes in silence until the droid detached and said, "Take me to Corellia."

Alexander laughed, "In the middle of the Killik Attack? I dont think so! And do you know how much a trip like that costs, I dont have that kind of credits!"

Remus arms unfolded into twin barrels of blasters and restated his orders, "Take me to Corellia."

Alexander was a lot smarter than some droid, so he picked up an ion blaster and aimed directly at the body of the destroyer droid. "No. I cannot afford a trip, nonetheless, enter into the middle of a battlefield."

Remus's head moved then he fired, disabling the ion blaster. "Take me to Tatooine." he changed the perimeteres slightly. That was much cheaper, but that would take his entire savingsfor the past couple of months. Then again the Galactic Alliance was stationed there, but he needed a few more weeks.

"Listen. Landon and I are going to an Alliance Academy in the next couple of weeks. It will give me time to save up credits. You can roll up into on of my luggage bags." Alexander attempted to please the droid, but he had forgot the manager was standing next to him.

His rough, trader voice picked up, "Oh no you don't Alexander. I found this droid, I'm going to get a reward from the Lady of Geonosis." His toothy grin gave Alexander a sick feeling. Remus turned his weapon arms against Ugnart. The manager froze.

"You will not sell me." Remus declared and opened fire, the manager collapsed stunned. Alexander gasped and demanded, "You will get no where if you keep this up. You can go roll around all of Naboo if you want, but I have a feeling you wont get far."

Especially if any gungans are out, they would blow this Trade Federation look alike to smitherins. he thought, Wouldn't be such a bad thing either, elminates a lot of trouble off my hands...

Remus twitched then rolled into a ball and across the room. He looked out the window, as if calculating the risk then agreed to Alexander's terms. "Ugnart will be a problem, " the eerie voice stated. Alexander couldn't help but agree and it responded, "Where do you live? I will wait there."

Ugnart's hand twitched, a sign of the physical return. What am I getting myself into? he stated. He gave the droid his address, then the droid turned his blasters on him. "Hey! I am helping you!"

The droid twitched its head, "I know. We need to convince Ugnart that I turned on both of you."

Alexander was going to protest, but everything went black just as the rolling sound of the destroyer droid disappeared into the main streets of Theed.
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The throbbing of his headache would not go away for another three hours. Alexander lifted himself off the floor, the voice of an angry manager exploded into his ears. Alexander muttered some gungan curse of the droid menace and finished picking himself off the floor.

Could've let be lay down first. Alexander thought, rubbing the side he fell onto. Ugnart ran into the room, demanding to know what direction the droid rolled into. Naboo police had been alerted, and Alexander made up the story that the droid had asked where the nearest sea port was. Ugnart grinned at the 'smartness of the boy' and left to contact his sea clients.

Alexander was dismissed from work and the short journey home was groggy. Alexander opened the front door of his living complex to be greeted by the Destroyer Droid. Alexander cursed at its disregard for secrecy and closed the door as fast as he could. The droid looked at Alexander slightly confused.

"Listen, Remus." Alexander's voice was now taking command, "From now on you will follow my commands otherwise its the end for both of us. I spared you, cause the Ugnart would rob the Lady of Geonosis for every credit you are worth." Alexander sighed, "I want you to stay in this complex at all times until we leave for the academy, understood?"

Remus's voice was chilling, but he confirmed that he understood. Alexander breathed a bit more easy, and moved to the kitchen to begin preparation for lunch. His parents were away and off planet. They have been for three months, around the time Landon left. It was lonely around Naboo, however, Remus was now here and that was something Alexander was thankful for.

"Alexander, tell me about your family." the droid asked curiously. Alexander was surprised at such a question, but nonetheless, came to inform the droid of his history. And in return, the droid filled in Alexander since the beginning of his creation.
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

The next morning came and Alexander found himself growing attached to the droid. They shared a few more of their memories. Alexander shared even his private feelings about being home alone all the time, though Remus proved he was not entirely alone. "I am here." the droid had said. Alexander grinned and thanked the destroyer droid for its kindness. Ever since Landon had left, things had begun to become less exciting, not as happy.

He wasn't sure if it was witrhdrawals of the lacking of a best friend or other things. In any case, he was beginning to emerge out of the emotional blankness as Alexander Rixter, again. Feeling more like himself, he was actually excited to go to work. He wished the droid a farewell for the next couple of hours, and left outside the door.

Welcoming the morning smell of the local waterfalls, he entered the streets of Theed.
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

The day had finally come to where Alexander would leave everything he knew behind. His parents had returned from Coruscant, a meeting with some Moff or other kind govenor. Alexander kissed his mother's cheek and shook his father's hand. He stared into their faces, memorizing each for the sake of memory. Alexander loaded the luggage on a large hover platform, including the secret destroyer droid.

He looked back a final time to his crying parents and waved a farewell. There was nothing more to be said.

The Galactic Alliance Embassy was beautiful. It rivaled the Naboo buildings and it was rumored the gungans were involved. Although Alexander loved his own kin's design, this was amazing. He was greeted by several delegates who knew his face.

"Recruit Rixter, right this way." the lady said with a large grin. A shuttle was waiting for him and three other boys of his age. He was surprised to find a young female on board. Her hair was black, pinned elegantly behind her head. She was unlike any Naboo, Alexander had seen. She was intelligent, yet dressed as if she was a punk star from Tatooine. That would most likely change, as the academy had strict dress codes.

Her blue eyes stared into Alexander for a moment then she spoke, "What are you looking at?" Alexander shrugged and sat down across from her. He muttered 'nothing' and looked out of the viewing window. The Alliance pilots introduced themselves and gave the location to where they were going and the standard intro.

When they returned to their stations, Alexander looked outside of his widnow again as they emerged into the sky above. The girl looked Alexander up and down and asked, "Are you joining to be a scientist?"

Alexander laughed, "Not exactly. Naval officer." It was the girl who laughed this time. Her response was cruel, "You think you could be an officer?" Alexander ignored her for the rest of the trip.

Alexander is now enroute to Tatooine.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

*poke* Clearance first. Joke

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Alexander Rixter

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Oops

The shuttle lifted off as it made communications to the nearest Imperial checkpoint. The pilots communed their identity and purpose for leaving.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Thank you. Smile

The traffic control officer acknowledged the hail, and approved the shuttle's departure.

Shortly thereafter, he was reassigned to waste management.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Naboo » Streets of Theed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: