ASD Vindictive
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » ASD Vindictive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galcian Serpentes

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: ASD Vindictive

Akula Class Star Destroyer Vindictive
Flag Officer: General Admiral Uric Treshan
Commanding Officer: Vacant
Executive Officer:Vacant

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Another transfer of command. And the best one I'd had. Three of the Akula-class Star Destroyers, under my command!
"Commander Sarthos, alert all commands. We will be taking the Deep Core. Hannibal, you will come with us. Crimson Empire, start at Ruan, then Aargau, and further south. We shall meet at Ebaq, and take it last. Good luck gentlemen."
With that, I signed off. "Open a channel to the surface," I ordered. "Let the negotiations begin."

Chief of Staff, Imperial Navy

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject:

"Channel is open, sir," the communications officer reported.
"Good," I noted. There was one advantage to this diplomacy business. It meant less chance of a revolt that could pull me back to suppress it.
"Attention Ojom: this is General Admiral Uric Treshan of the Galactic Empire. Once more, we come to you to bring you into the fold. This time, however, you need not tap into underworld connections to avoid enslavement, as we have abolished all slavery. Instead we ask you..." I choked on the words. "...to join us as equals.
"What is your reply?" I asked.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

A day later, I waited for the reply.
Why do they always want a day to think about it? Why not an immediate answer? Why can't one planet jump up and welcome us immediately, or even reject us instantly? No, they have to deliberate and debate and--
My train of thought was broken by the comm officer.
"Sir, message from the surface."
"Put him on," I ordered.
The image of a four-armed Besalisk shimmered into view on the holographic imager. "We have discussed the matter at great length, and have come to a conclusion."
Get to the bloody point!
"We willingly join the Empire on the grounds that we will not be enslaved."
"Yes, of course. The Empire thanks you for joining our great government," I answered, then ordered the channel cut. "Have Squadron Seven remain as the local squadron until a proper defense unit can be sent in."
"Of course, sir," the comm officer replied.
"Then, alert the rest of the fleet. Tell them to set a course for Eclipse."
The officer relayed the orders, and we waited for a reply from the Hannibal.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

The communications officer turned again. "Hannibal reports ready."
I smirked. "Good. All ships, to Eclipse!"
The stars streaked, and the huge Imperial fleet leapt into hyperspace.

The Hannibal, Vindictive, Squadrons 5-9, and the Firebat are at Eclipse

Back to top »
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

The fleet orbited Eclipse, scanning it in depth. If things went wrong, I wanted my troopers to know the land.
After a day of scanning, I finally told the communications officer to hail the planet. I had grown tired of saying that idiotic message of peace and open arms. Instead, it had been prerecorded, and was now being broadcast. And sure enough, the damned fools wanted time to think.
Bloody diplomacy...

Back to top »
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

After a day and a half of waiting for their foolish deliberation to end, the communications officer spoke up.
"Sir, I am detecting no more EM emissions on the planet. Nor any residuals..."
"What are you saying, Lieutenant?"
The young officer looked back nervously. "I believe we were communicating with an electromagnetic echo. The magnetic fields from the asteroids and gas giants must create some sort of--"
My mood sunk from annoyance to sheer despair. We were talking to the vacuum of space.
"Sensors, scan for any life on that damned planet!" I barked.
Ten minutes later, then scanner officer shook his head. "Nothing, sir."
Bloody frakking hell!!!
"Fine. Send a platoon of stormtroopers down for recon, we're jumping to Ebaq to wait for Commodore Valua."

The fleet is now at Ebaq and Eclipse is under Imperial control.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

When Commodore Valua's force hypered in, I was most pleased. Finally, we could depart from this distorted area of space to bring the rest of the Galaxy to the Empire.
"Open a channel to Ebaq, gentlemen. Make sure they have a clean look at our fleet first."
A few moments passed. Then an hour. Two. I was beginning to get irritated. "Does this one have any life?" I asked sharply.
The sensor officer took his scans. "The moon appears abandoned, sir."
My teeth ground together. "Wonderful. We've got the whole bloody Deep Core, for nothing. Nothing!"

Back to top »
Uric Treshan

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

A smirk crossed my lips as I heard Jendob's proclamation. Perhaps he wasn't so weak after all.
"You heard the man," I ordered. "All ships are to charge weapons, raise shields, and jump to Khomm. Let's crush the scum."
The helmsman grinned and began to lay in the coordinates. "Yes, sir!"
The fleet girded itself for battle, then leapt into destiny's path.

The Deep Core Expeditionary Force is en route to Khomm, and will arrive at the appropriate battle cycle.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Vice Marshal Vigo Argenteus turned to the communications panel, his arms folding behind his back, rank plaque gleaming as everyone hastened to take up battle stations.

"Scramble code Beta-19 to the fleet." As the communications channel chimed, the Vice Admiral's voice spoke up, ringing powerfully throughout the fleet.

"Prepare the fighters. I want everyone ready to deploy in formation Phi, Squall variant as soon as the fleet drops from hyperspace. A-VAs, assume paired icosahedral points around the battle. A-DEs, doctrahedral wing formations at the Akula key points.

"I-ADs, ventral hexagonal starburst. I-INs, port and starboard flanking to the I-ADs.

"L-DEs, dodecahedral point defense. L-INs, Flank the L-DEs. L-ADs, quadrahedral point defense around the L-DE groups.

"C-ID, deploy just outside the gravity well, seeker torpedoes armed and forward, concussion mines at the ready.

"IN-IN, deploy in hex-bombs above and below the curves.

"prepare to give them hell, boys."

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » ASD Vindictive
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: