Rebel Base - Governmental Offices
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Governmental Offices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Rebel Base - Governmental Offices

The other thread was getting heavy on posts and things were getting hard to follow, so creating another thread for offices and such

Han watched Tara stalk off toward her quarters. This girl was really beginning to get on his nerves. He asks a question to find out what's going on and she snaps back at him. Then again, he didn't expect much better out of her.

A snickering sound at his back brought him out of his thoughts. He stepped back and around to find the bounty hunter's shoulders bobbing up and down in mock laughter. He obviously found Tara's actions to be funny as well.

"You find that funny, huh? Well, I'll give you something else to laugh about." Han balled his right hand into a fist and let loose on the imprisoned hunter. His head jerked back in a sharp movement as a grunt issued from deep in his chest.

Han smiled at the sight and gestured for a guard to come over. "Take our friend here down to the detention area."

"Yes, sir." The man saluted and motioned his men forward. They immediately came forward and lifted the bounty hunter out of the chair by his arms and began dragging him down the corridor.

Han watched in silence for a moment then let out a sigh of relief at having this particular mess be over with. He turned back toward Leia office, rubbing the hand he used to hit the bounty hunter.

"Han!" a voice yelled out from the office.

Han turned his head slightly, immediately recognizing Leia's voice. With the business with the bounty hunter and Tara he forgot all about Leia, who wanted to speak with him about something.

He glanced slightly over his shoulder before stepping back into the office, his hand hitting the door panel on the way in. It swooshed shut behind him. "Sorry, had to take care of that..." he muttered quietly.

As Han stepped toward the desk, he noted that she still had that same distracted expression on her face as she did earlier. It bothered him to no end. "Yeah, I heard." She paused here, grimacing slightly and placing her right hand over her adbomen.

Han caught this movement and shifted slightly in place. Was something wrong with the baby?

Her expression finally changed and she focused her gaze directly at Han. "Um, Han..."

He returned her gaze then sighed heavily. "Here it comes...I knew I was in trouble..."

Leia looked dubiously at him for a moment then issued a string of short giggles - something she had not done in a long time with everything that was going on within the Alliance. "No, actually I want to give you something. The other commanders have come up with this..."

Han could only roll his eyes. Nope, this still wasn't good news to him. "If they came up with it, I don't want to hear it..."

" Han..."

Han raised his eyebrows and gave her an innocent look.

She could only smile at his look, which caused her tone to immediately soften. "You know with the twins on the way, I can't keep up with this Chief of State thing."

His playful mood suddenly vanished as his expression notably dropped. "You're resigning? Why? You know as well as I do that if you do that, someone like Borsk will get into office and turn what we have here to hell..."

"I'm not resigning Calm down." She couldn't help but laugh at how silly he looked and sounded at the moment.

He narrowed his eyes. "Then what?"

She was quiet for a moment then sighed deeply. " I can't handle the military and politics of the job." She looked directly at him again at this. " So, we've created a new osition in the military. The Commander in Chief." She couldn't repress her smile any longer and she leaned forward slightly. " You."

Han was suddenly taken off guard. He had no idea what to say, so he did what came naturally. "Me?" he said dumbly, pointing to his chest with his index finger.

This caused Leia's smile to widen. " Yes, you, your...Generalship.

"Hey, no using my lines..." His expression hardened. "It'll get you in trouble..."

Leia stared at him for a moment, not sure just how to take what he just said. Finally she came around and smiled, leaning over the desk, which was strewn with papers and kissed him on the cheek. "I've been in trouble before with you."

Han simply smiled. " I know...but this time it'll be worse..." He winked.

"Why?" she said, giving him a skeptical look.

"Because you're putting me in a position I don't want..."

She couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Han, the next person on the list is Borsk."

Han noticably grimaced then quickly tried to change the subject away from the power hungry Bothan. "I'm not good at doing desk jobs..."

Leia wasn't buying it. "It's just for a little while."

"I've heard that before..." His tone turned more serious. "Look what happened when I said I would stick around with the Alliance for a little while..."

Once again, Leia literally rolled her eyes at Han's comment. "Hey, you paid Jabba back, didn't you?"

Han didn't want to particularly discuss this topic - not after what happened with everyone risking their lives just for him. And more often than not, he thought about what could have happened if Leia was seriously harmed for his account. "More like you did..."

"Oh, right." She sensed Han's nervousness at the subject and tried to steer clear of it altogether. "Everything back then is such a blur..."

That comment seemed a bit odd, but he took liberty to follow what Leia was doing. "If you say so..."

She noted that he was still uneasy and pushed it further. "Look at this way, Han. You can finally push Borsk around, rather than him pushing you." She smiled.

He quickly went on the defensive. His anger toward Borsk obviously showing. "What're you talking about? I've never let him push me around...I shove it back in his hairy face..."

Leia watched his expression for a moment then started to laugh, shaking her head. Typical Han. "And you were worried about a desk job? Your first assignment just came up."

Han became silent and stared at her sternly. Leia noted his expression and her face immediately turned grim. "Did you hear about Fondor?"

Fondor was another matter he didn't want to hear at the moment. It caused nothing but bad vibes all throughout the Alliance base. Part of him wasn't sure if he wanted to hear what exactly was going on. "I heard about the battle, but not the outcome..."

Leia's eyes shifted toward the flimsies on her desk and her voice became a whisper. "They were captured." She paused for a long moment, shifting the flimsies around and ignoring Han's gaze. "You have to go to Coruscant...get them and the Justice crew back."

Han's mouth fell open. "Whoa, whoa...wait a minute...Coruscant? Leia, that's the heart of the Empire!"

Leia looked up at him sadly. " That's why we're sending the fastest ship in the fleet." Then she added on almost as an afterthought, "And we have a temporary truce signed with the Empire. Gods only know if they'll keep to it."

Han shooks his head in dismay and began to pace the space in front of her desk. "This is still know they won't keep it..."

She watched him helplessly and opened her mouth to speak. "Han, you can outrun them. If there's even the slightest sign of breaking their word, turn around and punch it." She wasn't sure if she said that to comfort him or to try and convince herself that he'll be alright.

Han stopped pacing and looked up at her incredulously. "Easier said than done..." He stared at her face long and hard. "I can't believe you agree with this..."

"I didn't," she mumbled with regret. "Ackbar and Madine were adamant."

Han nodded. "So, I send them my hate mail?"

"The Imps or those two?"

Han looked at her dumbly. "Those two..." He smiled slightly. "Although, if you want to get technical, I'll send them to both..."

"Han, think of those prisoners." She was serious only for a moment before a slightly smile broke out on her beautiful face. "Besides, you said you didn't want a desk job."

Han threw his hands up in defeat. "I hate you...I knew you'd find a way..." He walked around the side of the desk to stand next to her. He took a moment to study her features and to stare into her dark, brown eyes. "Why do I even bother arguing with you?"

She returned his gaze and took his hands. "I wanted to come with you...but the Senate and the military overruled me."

He began to massage her hands and flashed her that lopsided grin. "I wouldn't have let you come anyway..."

"Aww," she said mockingly. "Just try not to kill anyone, okay? And that's double for Chewie."

He pulled back slightly and pointed to his chest again with an innocent look. "Me? Come on now, sweetheart...why would I do that?" He flashed her his famous smile again.

She looked up at his face and at the smile that always managed to melt her heart. She suddenly found herself clinging to him, not wanting to ever let him go. "I'll miss you," she mumbled sadly into his chest.

Han stumbled back slightly, taken aback at her sudden action but gradually relaxed into her grip. He slowly wrapped his arms around her widened waist and hugged her back, resting his chin on the top of her head. "I know...I'll be alright, though..."

She pulled back slightly and looked up at his face again. "Make sure you are, Han." She smiled once more, trying to keep her emotions in check. "And come back soon. Jaina and Jacen aren't going to wait much longer."

Han smiled. "I know...and I won't miss it..."

"Better not..." she warned. "Or not even Chewbacca will be able to protect you."

He finally managed to laugh at that comment. "That bad, huh?"

She had a mischievous look in her eye. "Yep. Now get out of here, you old pirate."

A hurt expression suddenly came over his face. He loved to pest her like this. Too bad they didn't have more time. "Now you want to get rid of me?" He turned away for a moment then slowly raised his head back up to stare down at her. "One last thing..."

Before Leia knew what was happening, their lips were locked in one final kiss. The touch of his lips upon hers sent shivers down her spine and caused her more than anything to long for his safe return.

They finally pulled apart after what seemed like an eternity and were staring into each other's eyes. It took a few moments for Leia to find her voice. " Go on..." she said quietly, almost in a whisper.

Han's gaze stayed locked on her pale face and the endless brown depths of her eyes. One side of his mouth turned up in a half smile. "See you soon..." With those simple words, he was gone.

Leia could only stare at the empty doorway where he was standing moments before. It took all of Leia's being to hold back the tears that were threatening to come forth.
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Vlaad Kle'Vla

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Thares Sebar was in the office of some Alliance offical, he didn't know who nor did he care. All he wanted was what the offical could give him, a document. This particular document was a letter of marque, something that would ensure the Alliance wouldn't press charges after the war.
"Now, you are aware there are some conditions for this?" the offical asked, he was some species Thares would consider prey under other circumstances.
"This one does know of these thingz," Thares replied.
"Yes, well then, I would think all I would have to do is to give you it then," the offical said, his emotions clearly somewhere between fear and distain. Thares hissed in laughter at this.
"This one thankz you for this," Thares replied then left the office, going to his ship. He would be sure to make good use of this.

Rear Admiral Vlaad Kle'Vla

Borsk Fey'lya

Thares Sebar

Wing Commander Stath Bak'vla
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Darth Margera

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject:

Chief Tarpin and two of his Clone Bodyguards strode into the Office. Tarpin rang the Bell on the Desk a couple of times, which would have escalated into quite a lot had it not been for the annoyed Rebel officer which pulled his hand off ans started speaking
" whadya want? "
" My Master and his Men would like to join the Alliance. " Z3 answered, having just walked in
" I don't believe the New Republic is in need of any Teddy Bears, but if there's a sudden shortage, we'll call you. "
After this had been translated to Tarpin, he pounced on the woman, his furry hands barely able to reach around her neck. The Gaurds quickly removed him from the woman and the building.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Governmental Offices
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: