Tatooine Base - Landing Platform
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Tatooine Base - Landing Platform
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Tatooine Base - Landing Platform

Salla Vivek stood outside the wind-swept landing field with a bantha-wool shawl wrapped around her small frame. Although the wool was extremely uncomfortable for the harsh heat, it was her only method of protection against the raging sand storm brewing off on the horizon. In a sense, the storm echoed Salla's mind.

Her gaze stayed leveled on the swirling dust as pilots and technicians hurried about to secure fighters and equipment before ths storm could swallow them up. It would be an intense night for the men here at the base and for Salla as she battled her inner demons.

It had been days since the Knight had sent back an acknowledgement of them recieving her message. Of course, they would not allow her to talk to its young intelligence officer and that is why she was in her current state. She could not keep her mind off of Nevin Antilles. He seemed to consume her mind. Wherever she went, he was there watching her. When she tried to focus on her assignments, he was there again to interupt her or to throw off her concentration. It was torture. If she did not see him or hear his voice soon, she would go mentally insane.

"Liutenant," a quiet voice said from behind her. "It is time to head indoors. The storm is becoming too strong."

Salla turned to see a young pilot about Nevin's age standing behind her. Nevin. That was the only thing she could think about and the only thing that made her follow him inside.

She needed him.....badly.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

This is before Denon, appr. 3 days after the Anteevy plotline.

Nevin stepped off the ramp into the night of Tatooine. The enveloping warmth of the planet’s night was welcome after the trip to Anteevy, and it was a bit more satisfying than the stale air aboard the Knight.

The rest of the crew and passengers had left the ship awhile back, but Nevin had remained. In a way, he didn’t want to leave the somewhat-safe atmosphere of the metal beast, mostly because he knew the Rebel command would probably raise a storm at his rescue of the Solos. Hell, even Solo himself had mentioned he wanted to talk to him later.

He strode across the sand-covered metal walkway into the base, looking around, half-expecting for Admiral Ackbar or someone to pop out from behind a moisture evaporator and push him down into the grainy ground. Smirking at that thought, he neared the base and looked up, realizing why he was so hesitant to leave the ship.

Salla Vivek was waiting for him. Salla Vivek was running towards him. Salla Vivek nearly tripped.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

No matter how hard she tried to do other things, Salla always found herself right back where she started - outside on the landing platform in the scorching heat. It was as if her mind was eternally plagued by his presence. Not even her daily routine around the base could shake her mind of him. It was becoming a...sickness. One she needed to get over soon...

So, she found herself once again wandering the sandy platform, scanning for work, scanning for someone to talk to....scanning for him. Dammit! There she goes again...she needed to stop, find something to--

Salla's mind suddenly went blank. As if on cue, a lone figure began to swagger in from the hazy horizon. She couldn't make out details just yet, but the body language seemed right. So right in fact, that she found herself suddenly moving off at a dead run toward him.

All her mind's worries were suddenly swept away as she felt the sudden rush of air on her face. It was a welcoming relief admist the intense heat - very much like seeing him again was a relief for her soul. He was back!

She was almost within his reach now, she could clearly see his expression, those eyes, his mouth. Then she stumbled. No, you klutz! Not now! Hold it! Not in front of him!

Salla held her breath for those few seconds until she was sure she had everything under control. When she was certain, a smile spread across her face and then she was within his arms. She held on tight, the material of his tunic clenched within her fingers.

"I-I missed you," she mumbled silently into his shirt. "I-I'm sorry if this is all a bit much, but you had no idea what it was like."

Last edited by Han Solo on Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject:

When the man stumbled back as Salla ran into him, Nevin didn't know how to reciprocate. He looked down at her as she talked into him, rambling on about being sorry or something. Even after reading the letter from her, Nevin didn't expect that reaction from the girl.

He didn't expect his reaction.

He pulled her against his body and held her, almost by reflex. "I--I missed you too," he stuttered.

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject:

His words echoed softly in her ear. Had she just heard him say what she thought? As if to make sure it was true and she wasn't dreaming, Salla tilted her head up to look into his blue eyes. They were filled with warmth and sparkling against the harsh light of the hangar. Two twin orbs of light among a galaxy of darkness. The thought brought a smile to her lips.

"Really?" she cooed back against his breast. Her grip on him tightened and she felt as if she would never let go. "W-what happened out there? Why did you leave?" she was almost afraid of the answers, but she had to ask. She needed to know.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Nevin winced slightly and pulled awaay from her embrace. "I'm sure you'll here all of it after I report to the Council. I doubt much of the ranks wouldn't have heard about it."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Salla's fingers slid away from his arms as he stepped back; he looked troubled. He had mentioned the High Council and high ranking officials. The young woman furrowed her brow at his mention of the them. Did that mean he was in serious trouble? "Report to them?" she questioned, licking her lips. "What did you do? Tell me."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

"Nothing bad," he said, starting to walk towards the base. "But I don't think the Council'll look at it that way."

He glanced back at her. "I want to meet up with you later...but I think they already have the grill hot waiting for me."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Salla was getting desperate now and the moment she was dreading since he had returned to the base had come. He was leaving and all the young lieutenant could do was stand there and watch. Her lower lip began to quiver but she quickly tensed the muscle to stop it.

Her face was a mixture of sorrow, worry and anger. So many emotions were flowing through her mind at that instant that she couldn't comprehend them all. She just wanted to raise her hands into the air and scream, "I love you, stay with me!" Her heart was ready...

...but her mind was not.

"That won't stop us," she uttered to herself. Her voice was just barely above a whisper. She had to do something to ensure that she'll be in his presence again. "Nevin," she called to him directly this time. "If things go well, I'll be in my quarters if you want to drop by later." She smiled. "And good luck."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Nevin began to nod and continue walking, but he stopped himself. He felt something different in her. It was something that was needy, but...satisfying. He couldn't explain it. He took a few steps toward her and looked down into her face. "I'll be there," he assured. He studied her and debated what to do next. What he wanted to do and what he should do were two different things. Unfortunately, he wasn't ready for what he wanted. "Wait for me," Nevin said as he turned and walked into the base.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:

Ma’shi and Nicole were leaning against Luke’s shiny new fighter as he slowly and carefully painted its name onto the left and right side’s of its hull.
“Why don’t you just go in and see him before you go again?” Nicole tried to reason with Luke.
“Yeah Luke, he can’t STILL be mad at you… for almost killing him and his wife and threatening his kids. He almost killed you too Cole, not to mention nearly bringing us into civil war.” Ma’shi commented sourly.
Luke looked up at Ma’shi with a raised eyebrow.
“What?” She asked, taking a short step back, hitting the new fighter.
Luke just shook his head and continued with his work.
Nicole looked at Ma’shi, “He’s being very quiet.”
Ma’shi glared at Nicole, “He has every right to be. If he wants to be an anti-social Koochoo.”
Luke glanced up at the green Nikto, “I didn’t know you spoke Huttese.”
Ma’shi smiled, “I heard Threepio calling Artoo that once.”
The two looked at Nicole, she stared at the two of them. Luke and Ma’shi both smiled and said, “She/I called me/him an idiot.”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Colin Brokna
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Brokna entered the landing platform, swiftly entering up the ramp and onto the waiting shuttle. He would be attending the ball with Carlist Rieekan, a man he was looking forward to meeting, although he did anticipate some friction with the long-time, respected Alliance Officer. Sitting down in his seat, Brokna gazed into the forward compartment where the pilot was doing some checks, he waited for the Field Marshal.

MC100 Energizer

1,000,049,000 credits

Last edited by Colin Brokna on Tue May 09, 2006 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Rieekan proceeded outside of the Base into the open air, shielding his eyes from the blinding sun that glistened in the royal blue sky above. He also noted the sweltering heat that was overcoming, even though he had been on the planet for months, albeit much of it was indoors where the environmental controls of the base were set much cooler.

Placing his Alliance issue sun-glasses over his eyes, the Field Marshal advanced out further from the door onto the landing platform, gazing at the shuttle waiting to transport him and Brokna to this 'Galaxy Ball' that was happening on Coruscant. In all his days, this would be his first visit to the Galactic Capital, a shame he wasn't bringing the rest of the Alliance Military with him.

Beyond his discomfort at attending a function in Imperial space, Rieekan looked forward to the respite, even if it was short. Besides, Commander Solo and the Chief of State were attending, as well as this Brokna character, so it couldn't be all that bad. At least there would be some familiar faces, in amongst that of his former enemy. Stepping up the shuttle ramp, his small bag held at his side, Rieekan took his seat. He noticed that Brokna had already arrived, and was in his seat. Rieekan sat his bag down next to the seat as he waited for the shuttle to take off.

Rieekan and Brokna are now at Coruscant.

Back to top »
Adawa Basea

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't sure if this was the proper, place...but here goes.

Adawa Basea stepped off the shuttle, fresh from Kessel, where he was imprisoned after the Battle of Hoth.

"Never thought I'd be able to see such wide open spaces again..." Adawa thought to himself as he walked down the ramp and moved off to resecure his position in the Alliance.

Having been out of the Galactic hubub for quite some time, Adawa found himself needing to find information on the current state of the war, what had happened to his home planet of Corellia and, most importantly, if he was still needed to defend the Galaxy from the Empire.

After securing his bearings and having a quick bite to eat from a street vendor, Adawa strode toward the Alliance base. Two armed soldiers stood outside the gate to the compound, and when Adawa approached, they ordered him to halt.

"Halt! State your name and business." The first guard demanded.

"Former Lt. Adawa Basea; fresh from the Spice Mines of Kessel and looking to re-enlist for the Cause," Was the response.

After confering with the inside via comlink, Adawa was permitted to enter.

And enter he did...although he had no clue where to go next, nor who to report to...he has, after all, been away for awhile.
 Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

This is an NPC to move the plot along - this is NOT Ackbar speaking in this post

Another officer, not much younger than Adawa himself, was waiting in the corridor beyond the entrance. A small contingent of guards flanked him and he raised his hand to his brow in a crisp salute as Basea entered.

"Commander Hallin at your service, sir," the young man said without a pause. "I've been assigned to take you to the Admiral's office. He's very anxious to meet you. So, if that's alright with you, we can be on our way."

The commander smiled and gestured for Basea to go ahead of him down the corridor. Hallin fell in behind him and the guards, armed with blaster rifles just in case, brought up the rear.

Back to top »
Adawa Basea

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Ackbar

Basea began to fall into old habits as he walked down the corridor; he began moving with a crisp, military gait; looked straight down the walkway and absorbed the entirety of his surroundings.

Noticing that the corridor was distinctly, "...more upkept than I remember the Alliance being able to afford. I guess I'll have to ask the Admiral about events since I've been 'away'."

Thinking back on his time working on Kessel, loading, harvesting and refining spice, Basea began to feel a bit chill. Reliving those memories was just somehow...wrong. He sincerely believed that it was time for people like the Overseers, and their defacto masters, the Empire, needed to be punished.

Thinking this, Basea smirked and lipped to himself, "It's almost time...maybe I'll even get to direct some of the punishements."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Tatooine Base - Landing Platform
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: