Maintenance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Suggestions » Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cut back the maintenance to original numbers?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Maintenance

I'm wondering if the maintenance costs are too high. After all, a few thousand fighters can easily wipe out a planet's income for a faction. Troops are another huge cost, and some capital ships can drain away entire planets. So...

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject:

Personally, I think everything should be scaled back and prices increased. There's too much of everything in this game and it's getting out of hand. Seriously, the numbers that float around this place are on the border of rediculous!

I think, considering the purpose of this game, things on the logistical front need to be pulled back to a much more managable level.

And of course, with that, comes more attention to the RPG and not the RTS.

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:

Nubis Serin wrote:
Personally, I think everything should be scaled back and prices increased. There's too much of everything in this game and it's getting out of hand. Seriously, the numbers that float around this place are on the border of rediculous!

I think, considering the purpose of this game, things on the logistical front need to be pulled back to a much more managable level.

Prices increased on? You need to remember smaller factions need low prices to get ships. What you forget while you run your personal crusade on RPG process, is that in reality this is still a war game at heart. It is not a worry of you as to how many soldiers you have as to how much you have to pay for them. If you can't even get a fleet the first place, why should maintenance matter? The point is we scale down on maintenance and up on cost will leave us with a huge margin of weakness. If this were to happen then many factions would be left in the dark. I do agree however, that something’s should be increased on, but not everything. Such things as whole monorails, which to this day confuse the hell out of me in the way they are deployed, cost enough for most anyone to buy on a very small salary.

Now, that is crazy. But for war ships that are powerful enough to protect whole worlds going into the billions is a total different story. Ships that are required for an at least adequate defensive capability can not be purchased do to price ranges of billions by most small factions. If they were however, to buy many smaller craft then it would work out for them, but to increase price of smaller ships and bigger ones keeps the big ships from them and the smaller ships harder for them to reach and catch. Bigger factions would then always have the upper hand, do we want that?

Grand Commodore Guru Bhuru/Commander, all of the DRWP navy

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Noo... not Neimodia, you Rebels how?! says:
I have a style named after me now?
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
*gets married, gives birth to children and dies*
From the desk of Reverend. Matthew from the COM our mascot Penguin all verdicts are finel! says:
lol

"Tare meus armo , EGO vadum crudus , quod rip meus pes , EGO vadum scream , tamen EGO mos nunquam trado U.R.I. quod EGO mos pugna ut nex , si ut est quis postulo exsisto."

SPORE! The Fansite: http://www.sporefan.com/fhome.asp Will Wright is making the next myspace!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject:

Brote Heckler wrote:
Nubis Serin wrote:

Prices increased on? You need to remember smaller factions need low prices to get ships. What you forget while you run your personal crusade on RPG process, is that in reality this is still a war game at heart. It is not a worry of you as to how many soldiers you have as to how much you have to pay for them. If you can't even get a fleet the first place, why should maintenance matter? The point is we scale down on maintenance and up on cost will leave us with a huge margin of weakness. If this were to happen then many factions would be left in the dark. I do agree however, that something’s should be increased on, but not everything. Such things as whole monorails, which to this day confuse the hell out of me in the way they are deployed, cost enough for most anyone to buy on a very small salary.

Now, that is crazy. But for war ships that are powerful enough to protect whole worlds going into the billions is a total different story. Ships that are required for an at least adequate defensive capability can not be purchased do to price ranges of billions by most small factions. If they were however, to buy many smaller craft then it would work out for them, but to increase price of smaller ships and bigger ones keeps the big ships from them and the smaller ships harder for them to reach and catch. Bigger factions would then always have the upper hand, do we want that?

Do you always only care about yourself or is it a VII thing?

The purpose of raising costs is to purge the market of crap. There's too much of everything, including money. Players can join the game and in two days, buy a fleet. It's rediculous. Everything should be much harder to get - including those big ships you mention which protect your all-powerful empire.

Purge the market and make things much more realistic. Ships shouldn't be purchased in huge numbers. It should be a BIG deal when the Empire builds a new SD...instead of placing an order to 2 here and then and having them "delivered."

In my opinion, the economics of this game need a BIG overhaul.

Back to top »
Alexus
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject:

I like them as they are. Ams, what are these new maintence figures? Shocked

Nespis - Democratic Republic - Pop 115,000,000,000 (Estimated) - two members

Alexus says:
I wonder what Moskau sounds like at double speed!
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
WOAH

Alexus - Tora! Tora! Tora! says:
there's a lot of difference between me and VVD
about two feet
Ross says:
LOL

Crazed says:
LOL DILDOS
LOL
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:

The maintenance figures are not new. They've been there from the beginning. What Ams is proposing is to lower the maintenance cost so that things like troops and starfighters can be affordable for smaller factions.

On the subject of the economics of the game - I tend to agree with Nubis. A lot of things are unrealistic. It's just funny to watch a faction buy 10 capital ships every other day. With that said, we are working to improve it.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Alexus
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject:

While the amount of ships may be a bit too big, the troop numbers are way too low. Nespis has a hundred and ten billion or so people, but we can only afford 2 million troops. IMO 50 creds a week is too high.

Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
WOAH

about two feet
Ross says:
LOL

Crazed says:
LOL DILDOS
LOL
 Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:

now what faction does that? I wish i could do that.... ohh wait in three weeks im going to be forced to merge with another faction, or let it die....

In my opinion, it was the introduction of the Akula, and Soviergn and all those powerful ships that is making this out of whack...

Gavin Onasi- Territorial Commander
credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

Xen'tal- Commodore

Gruu Dunrik- Jedi Padawan
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject:

On the matter of raising prices and saying that buy 10 capital ships per day is alot, you must remember that if we went by how much the Empire should really make, they would be making in the trillions. In the GCW, the Empire had thousands of ISD, and million upon million of troops. The Clone Wars also show, there were over 1000 Venators defending Coruscant alone, along with 1000 CIS ships at Coruscant too. This is only a small fraction, as Star Wars: Complete Locations notes that most of the Republic and CIS fleets are too busy in the Outer Rim to come to attack/defend Coruscant.

Also, in the RotS Cross Sections, tens of thousands of Resculant-class Ships were made, show that their price in this RPG should be in fact decreased not increased. Although I do believe some things are out the window. The Akula and Soverign have about four thousand weapons, a number that only three classes of ships have ever bolstered canon. These ships are the Executor, and the first and second Death Stars.

Now, the first Death Star, according to Ams' figures was about 14 trillion credits. In twenty years, there would be no way that the Empire could make about 30 trillion, unless every month they taxed every citizen on every planet, one credit. Knowing Palpatine, it might have been 10 to 100 per person. The over priced things in this RPG IMO are:

-Dreadnaughts (600,000,000)
-Resculants/Munificent-classes (120,000,000)
-Venator/Providence-classes (500,000,000)

And a few others, although I thing Carracks are way under priced. Yeah, thats it for now.

Alexus - Moskau, Moskau, Wirf die Gläser an die Wand says:
"About last night... was that condom working?"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject:

Alexus wrote:
While the amount of ships may be a bit too big, the troop numbers are way too low. Nespis has a hundred and ten billion or so people, but we can only afford 2 million troops. IMO 50 creds a week is too high.

That's a perfect example of what Ams is talking about. With the change, we're hoping it would allow troops to be more affordable.

Gavin Onasi wrote:
In my opinion, it was the introduction of the Akula, and Soviergn and all those powerful ships that is making this out of whack...

As much as I know Ams and Ozzy will not like this, I agree. A limit on the production of these ships has been brought up and discussed. You're not alone in thinking that.

Victor Von Doom wrote:
On the matter of raising prices and saying that buy 10 capital ships per day is alot, you must remember that if we went by how much the Empire should really make, they would be making in the trillions. In the GCW, the Empire had thousands of ISD, and million upon million of troops. The Clone Wars also show, there were over 1000 Venators defending Coruscant alone, along with 1000 CIS ships at Coruscant too. This is only a small fraction, as Star Wars: Complete Locations notes that most of the Republic and CIS fleets are too busy in the Outer Rim to come to attack/defend Coruscant.

But you have to remember the scale of this game and what would fit realistically into that setting. This game is no where near as large as the canon Star Wars galaxy. Sure, it takes place within that galaxy, but I'm talking about players. We have no where near as many players as there are beings living in the galaxy. And to accomodate for that, we need to scale down on things. The Empire having thousands of ISDs in this game setting would be just plain ridiculous. We need to remember our size and where to set things according to that as well.

Last edited by Han Solo on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject:

wait a minute? The akula has 4k weapons? Wait is it the Mark I or II? I was thinking the Mark I of the Akula when i was talking, but i think we should stick to ships they are around the power level of the Cannon ships. (Not Execuaters and whatnot, the Imperators) I just want to have a defensive fleet that can make me safe, but with ships with 4k weapons running around, how can i do that?

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject:

It's not ridiculous... Joke

And as for our "supership", the Akula, yes, a limit HAS been placed on their creation. And I agree whole heartedly. It was fine when there were one or two... but dozens just makes it boring.

And people, this isn't a discussion about cutting the purchase prices. It's about reducing the maintenance only.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:

But you have to remember the scale of this game and what would fit realistically into that setting. This game is no where near as large as the canon Star Wars galaxy. Sure, it takes place within that galaxy, but I'm talking about players. We have no where near as many players as there are beings living in the galaxy. And to accomodate for that, we need to scale down on things. The Empire having thousands of ISDs in this game setting would be just plain ridiculous. We need to remember our size and where to set things according to that as well.

I agree with not having thousands of ISDs, but you have to remember the scale of the ship. 1000 Libs compared to 1000 ISDs is a big difference. People complain because you have "200 ships", but my ships aren't even ISD sized. So size should matter.

Also to address the RPG vs RTS field, there are two forms of RPGs, Fleet Based and Character Based. It is completely possible to merge these two, which you can see in this RPG. If you take the RPG aspect out of this, its no fun, take away the RTS aspect, its no fun. People like to think big. The combination of RTS-RPG makes people make a character, who could be a massive buisiness man.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject:

i think i voted wrong for the poll, im for reducing maintenace.

Back to these non-cannon extremely powerful ships... I remember seeing 6 of the Akulas taking on the entire DRWP fleet and defenses of a planet, and guess how many losses they took? NONE! I dont think i have ever read about an Akula being destroyed... yes the maintanence is high, but if you can afford 30 akulas you can afford to maintain it...

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject:

They're been disabled in combat... and Kerrigan was close. If Brote had continued... also, Zekk's pilfered Akula, the self-styled Scylla was destroyed.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject:

Zekk's by yours truely. Although it wasn't exactly in combat Joke.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject:

*makes some off-hand comment about everyone and their brother having 10,000 (Not a joke!) bodyguards in the same room, or a hallway outside the room you're in...*

Makes bounty hunting almost IMPOSSIBLE in this game.. :/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I have no bodyguards, Boba! HUNT!

Actually..don't. I changed my mind.

coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)
celebrate the might (Power!)

Nasatweed

Nawthos

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
never begins it, never, but once engaged...
never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
It's not ridiculous... Joke.

You say that only because you're part of the Empire. Laughing

Victor von Doom wrote:
I agree with not having thousands of ISDs, but you have to remember the scale of the ship. 1000 Libs compared to 1000 ISDs is a big difference. People complain because you have "200 ships", but my ships aren't even ISD sized. So size should matter

Oh, definitely. I was mostly talking about the larger ships and how having too many of them like 1000 would be insane. But then again, people in the GFFA don't buy things like ships in bulk every day or every other day. We need to keep things realistic there as well.

Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
It's not ridiculous... Joke

And as for our "supership", the Akula, yes, a limit HAS been placed on their creation. And I agree whole heartedly. It was fine when there were one or two... but dozens just makes it boring.

And people, this isn't a discussion about cutting the purchase prices. It's about reducing the maintenance only.

No, but you CAN listen to these concerns because if not in this thread, there will be one somewhere else.

I find it very funny how the handful of people who commit the crimes that Nubis has a problem with are the same people who have a problem with their mighty ship numbers being reduced and the strength of their fleets decreasing. You guys are rediculously hypocritical.

On the subject of the RPG-RTS, remember that I helped to delevop the concepts behind this game and how it works. There was a time, namely TS2, where it wasn't all about the RTS, but mostly RPG. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that was when TS was at it's best. Those of you here that were in TS back then can account.

Dj, you hit it on the nose. That is exactly part of the problem that I think needs to be addressed with this game. "Blank walks into the room with one thousand bodyguard droids." You guys are playing like little children who start crying when they lose.

To be frank, this game is full of god-modding and CMAC is too nice to enforce it because they don't want people to leave. Well, that's understandable, certainly. But it makes the rest of us have to play in a very difficult game.

Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Something else everyone's noticed, and spoken about, but I feel I should get my opinion out in the open...

Everyone faction has their own versions of Star Destroyers, and whatnot.. Now, in the movies... You will notice that there were not 30 some Star Destroyers around the Death Star in Return of the Jedi, nor were there 30 some MC-80's, MC-40's, etc... Or at least it didn't look that way, and if it was, then I'm a fool, but oh well...

Hell, in some of the books, the authors classified big engagements as 3-4 SD's pounding at each other...

There are just way too many ships! Just increase hull ratings a bit, get rid of the MASSIVE ammount of ships there are... If you actually calculated the REAL ammount it would take to feed, clothe, water, heat, etc... the hundreds of thousands of soldiers, and workers in your nice little fleets, and armies.. You'd see that you wouldn't have that much to buy ships with, or anything else.. Even starting out...

Oh well, I got off on a rant.. Bah..

Also, I haven't read this thread entirely, only a few posts.. So if I just reiterated someone's point COMPLETELY, then sorry..

Last edited by Boba Fett on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject:

id say get rid of akulas and any other ship like it.... reduce incomes by half and then everything will balance itself out.... something like that

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Not so much as get rid of it.. Cause you can't limit production of anything in a huge universe... Just make it ungodly expensive...
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

You guys need to shut up about the Akulas. They are perfectly balanced except for cost. Stop crying about how strong they are because they aren't what you think. I'm perfect testimony to that - do you not recall when THE Akula was crippled? A few shots and it would have ben the end to Nubis - and I can only imagine how sad you'd all be. Wink

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

and look what ur doing now... threatening to kill everyone because they are "corrupt"

Xen'tal- Commodore

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but he doesn't have the Akula now. Joke

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Gavin Onasi wrote:
and look what ur doing now... threatening to kill everyone because they are "corrupt"

And would you know it, I'm doing it all without any military assets or income to speak of! What does that tell you? Oh, right, let me say it for you...

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN CHARGE OF STUFF TO ENJOY THE GAME AND BUILD A CHARACTER!

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Everyone faction has their own versions of Star Destroyers, and whatnot.. Now, in the movies... You will notice that there were not 30 some Star Destroyers around the Death Star in Return of the Jedi, nor were there 30 some MC-80's, MC-40's, etc... Or at least it didn't look that way, and if it was, then I'm a fool, but oh well...

Um, actually, there were not 30-something Star Destroyers around the Death Star. There were 20-30 of them around Endor. And more in the Rebel fleet. Joke

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Nubis you say you, "created" the system of this RPG... Since you're not in-charge, that lets the CMAC moderate it. I personally don't give a damn about TS, You say the Akula is "balanced". That is bull-shit. The Akula has four thousands guns, on a three-kilometer surface. The only things ever created within the SW Universe that could take on the Akula are the Vong. The Vong would even have trouble.

The problem is, the Akula would be good if there are one or two, not thirty. The fact that planetary ions can disable the Akula is great - only because they ignore shielding. There are certain factors that must be put into consideration.

You threaten to destroy factions, but you think you can pull strings? Guess what, you can't pull every string. You a merely changing the galaxy into comething you want - a less RTS more RPG based game by making the people the more important part of a governments concerns.

You can't change all of our views, Nubis. I personally enjoy a srategic warfare game - its what I enjoy, you enjoy a long story game, I can't change your likings and you can't change mine - simple. Also, about the Akula again - as I said before only Executors and Death Stars exceed its gun limits.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Ahem ,VVD, there are about 30 Akula Mark I's. They do NOT carry 4,000 guns. So, if you would, kindly keep the comments to things you're sure of, or as the legal adage goes, "Don't ask a question if you don't already know the answer."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention, it's so unbalanced, but we've made it available to you. And, as I can see from the IMC thread, you haven't bought any.

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

@Ams: I was referring to Mark IIs... Sorry if I exaderated a bit. Plus, how should I know how many Akula you have. I was also just making references about the immense power source needed for a 4000 gun on a 3000m ship.

@Swali: Thats cause you won't sell them to me and it cheaper to build my own ships.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Eh, VVD... OPEN MARKET. YOU CAN BUY THEM! Joke

Everyone can!

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Victor von Doom wrote:
@Ams: I was referring to Mark IIs... Sorry if I exaderated a bit. Plus, how should I know how many Akula you have. I was also just making references about the immense power source needed for a 4000 gun on a 3000m ship.

@Swali: Thats cause you won't sell them to me and it cheaper to build my own ships.

VVD, you make me laugh. You get all pissy because someone threatens your perfect little game. I apologize if I've found a better way to play than you. It's not my fault that I put some thought behind what I do here. No one says you have to listen to or believe Nubis. If you do, that's fine. If you don't, that's just as fine. That is how you choose to play.

You can take your person tiff with me to ME...not on these boards. I would gladly chat to you about your problems with me just fine. But again, keep it off here.

And I don't care what you think about TS - just know that I know how this system works and what works best for it. If you don't like that, start a game of your own and see what works for you.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

People... this isn't a debate about Akulas, RPing stlye, or how many ships you should have. Just a simple question: reduce the maintenance to it's original level or keep it as is?

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Alright guys, cool it down. When it comes down to it, some people enjoy strategy and some people enjoy development. Some people enjoy both. It's not your right to tell them what to like and it's not their right to tell you what to like.

While this game is very similar to TS2 in some aspects, it's most definately not the same game. Many things are different, but something that has remained the same is the opportunity for character development, war and fun. I'm not going to tell someone how to run their faction unless it breaks the rules. If someone wants to declare war on everyone, let them do it. If he wants to have his character be as emotionaless and fake as, say, Padme, then that is his decision. Not everyone has literary talent to write long posts with intense character development, but some do have the ability to carefully think out situations and make the best out of them. Once again, that is their decision, not yours. They contribute just as much to this RPG as others (as long as they're active, that is).

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If he wants to have his character be as emotionaless and fake as, say, Padme, then that is his decision.

I take offense to that remark! Joke

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Wifebeaterstrangler. Joke

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:

*discretely puts Ams in a box and hides the box in another box, which is put in another box. This box is then transported to an unending paradox.*

Nobody saw that.

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Darth Avaritus

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject:

I saw it! Shocked
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Ahem... back on topic. Joke

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
People... this isn't a debate about Akulas, RPing stlye, or how many ships you should have. Just a simple question: reduce the maintenance to it's original level or keep it as is?

But if it's brought up, it's an issue. Perhaps we need to address it and look at things a little more closely.

Back to top »
Alexus
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject:

Just one tiny comment about fleet sizes, some books do have big engagements having 3-4 ISDs, yeah. But the same books have 4 TIE/iln guarding a sector HQ. And then, other books have fleets thousands strong, so there's no benchmark to be gained from the EU.

Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
WOAH

about two feet
Ross says:
LOL

Crazed says:
LOL DILDOS
LOL
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Indeed. Hmm. It appears most of the board is in favor of reducing the maintenance, however, this is no guarantee. I just wanted to test the waters before trying to come up with a final decision from CMAC.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Tanith Niemi

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Eh, VVD... OPEN MARKET. YOU CAN BUY THEM! Joke

Everyone can!

I cant, Joke you wont accept my offer for an IOU.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Suggestions » Maintenance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: