Yinchorr
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Yinchorr
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Yinchorr

Grand Mashal Jax stepped out of his TIE Defender and into the hangar of the Crimson Guard Training Facility on the barren desert planet. He strode through the now-empty halls and through to The Squall... the arena where the best proved themselves.

He paused a moment, letting the memories fill him. His eye shields swept the walls, searching... and there, like a bloodless cut, stood the mark where he severed his onetime training partner's head before Emperor Palpatine's gaze. A smile touched his lips... the fool actually thought that Jax would spare his life. He forgot Standing directive #1: we are all expendable.

He turned and walked back through the corridors, kicking up a small cloud of dust in his wake as he strode to the outside of the training facilities, and there, about a hundred meters away, stood his target: pallets of Neuranium shielding.

A grim smile once again touched those concealed lips as he sank to a knee beside the lesser of the orders, running his fingers over the matte-finished plating. His mind calculated the power of the 'droids needed to shape these plates into something useful, but his voice was already whispering into his internal comlink, making mental notes about the technical schematics of his ultimate design. These would later be sent to Imperial Engineers, where they would develop the molds, presses, and tools necessary for turning these rather bland sheets into their final forms.

His gaze turned back up to a warehouse facility two kilometers distant, all but abandoned. He broke in a dead run towards the facility, making it there in just shy of 5 standard minutes. He nodded his approval to himself: he was still as fit as ever. As he steped into the empty warehouse, waves of possibility flowed through him, and his internal distance recognition software told him his memory was flawless. Here was where it would be built.

He switched his internal comlink to a broadband frequency that was amplified by the Yinchorr transmission beacon. "This is Grand Marshal Carnor Jax requesting a small building team be sent to Yinnchor for refurbishing a warehouse." He smiled grimly... the team had to be small because, once the project was complete, all workers involved would have to be either dismantled or executed.

His stress analysis sensors kicked in with a brush of his fingers over his gauntlet datapad. Sophisticated algorithms calculated the amount of load on each beam, and how much more weight could be supported with only marginal loss in the structural integrity of the superstructure. He made a mental note: he would need 750 linear meters of durasteel beams to reinforce the walls and celing to sufficiently execute his project.

With a swish of his cloak he turned and exited the warehouse. He wasn't afraid of anyone stealing the Neuranium... after all, it was too heavy to be transported by any conventional means... but nevertheless, his gauntlet datapad flicked, and activated the regional defenses of the traning facility.

One could never be too careful.

EDIT: If anyone is orbiting the planet and wants sensor readings, PM me with the sensor sweeps you want, and I'll tell you exactly what you can see

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject:

A shuttle touched down just east of the hangar, and a small team of 'droids and two human engineers strode down the landing platform. Jax's voice was calm, but authorative. "Transport these pallets to the warehouse. When you have accomplished that, stand by for further instructions." The engineers threw sharp salutes, salutes that went unreturned as the Sovereign Protector turned back to the training facilities. It was going to take a while - even with the technological advnces with hypersophisticated motivators and increased resilience of pneumatics, hydraulics, and high-power servos, that amount of neuranium would prove time-consuming to maneuver.

Jax strode through the halls, past training centers that would put even those on Coruscant to shame, past classrooms and sensory deprivation cells, training pods for starfighters and simulations for fleet maneuvering. This would be a rare opportunity for Jax to let his memories come back to him, memories so normally buried with his duties.

He took a seat in one of the pods just outside of the admissions gate, and let his Force sensitivity read the echoes of students entering full of life, and leaving in body capsules. 85 percent of the life that entered these facilities didn't make it back out, and of those fifteen percent, more than half of them didn't make it past their first year. The resonant chords of life and death sang to him in a song of destiny, of endurance and eventual death at the hands of those you knew best.

His internal commlink chimed, and Jax shook himself from his reverie, his voice slightly softer, and one who didn't know the Grand Marshal might have said there was a note of reverence in the militaristic voice. "What is it?"

The speakers in his helm resonated with the thin tenor of the engineer's voice... typical weak beings, but still with their uses. "Sir, the neuranium has been moved to the warehouse. How would you like us to proceed."

"Set the 'droids on mounting the first set of plates around the base of the warehouse. Build horizontally - complete the first teir of plating before you move on to the next. I want them to triple-verify the joints on the plates; we cannot afford any cracks and seams in this project. In the meantime, you and your associate need to calculate how to reinforce the celing enough to support this mass of metal - this area must be completely encapsulated from all sensor readings."

"Sir... it will take some time to execute - after all, this is not something we are used to dealing with." A curse at his words was cut short as the engineer flipped his comlink off a half-second too late, and the Sovereign Protector's voice came back, calm, cold, and lethal.

"I am not interested in excuses. You will be provided the materials you need to complete this project. I want this project finished, and I want it within four standard days. Unless you have any objections, I suggest you get a start on it immediately." The man's last words were lost to space as Jax flipped off his internal comm, and walked back to the hangar. This would prove to be a good opportunity to fully test the capabilities of his TIE Defender.

A grim smile passed his lips as he wondered if the pneumatic catapult was still in operation... he needed some high-speed target practise later on, and the assembly team would prove to be interesting bait...

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:

Carnor Jax entered the warehouse to observe the progress of the team he had set there yesterday. The project was taking shape, but they had reached an impasse... "Sir, this is as high as we can build with the current structural integrity. If we try to build any higher than this, then we start risking collapse."

Jax looked at the walls, which had reached 2/3rds their full shielding, then back to the engineers. "I am anticipating durasteel beams any moment now. In the meantime, halt your progress, and start working on schematics for interior scaffolding and eventual internal augmented structural support to handle the weight of the neuranium. Have the 'droids bring the smaller load inside - that has a special project that I might assign to them if the company fails to deliver on time."

Two crisp salutes, and flickers of fingers on datapads sent the 'droids back to retreive the 33 neuranium sheets, as Jax strode to the walls and lovingly ran his fingers over the plats, pausing a moment to admire the joints of the plates... when it was finished, this would be a marvelous acheivement of not only engineering, but of stealth.

Jax turned and strode out of the warehouse, engineers working over blueprints and sketches, employing not only the sophisticated instruments the Empire provided them with, but also hand protractors, slide and parallel rules, and compases... perhaps they would assist him further after this project was complete.

Might as well squeeze as much use from them as he could...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:

As the freighter lifted off from the surface of the planet, the 'droids were already in motion to reetreive them and bring them to the warehouse. Jax's black eye shields looked to the engineers, who pressed a datapad in his hand. "Sir, the schematics are finished - we calculate that we can be finished in two standard days if we split the 'droids into teams, one to handle the reinforcement and one to handle the mounting of the plated."

Jax's slight nod was as close to approval as the engineers would ever receive, and as they raced back to the warehouse, the Sovereign Protector caught the Senior engineer by the arm and hauled him close. "You have signed the Imperial Security forms, have you not?" the man swallowed, but nodded. "How much experience do you have with modifying starfighters?"

"The man, trembling, thought for a moment, then replied with a quiet but authoritave voice. "I can do limited modifications, sir. I can't completely overhaul a hyperdrive, but I do know my way around one."

Jax pressed a datachip into the Engineer's hand... the chip from his internal commlink, his personal notes. "See what you can do with this. If you can manage it, I promise that the technology you create will be named for you. If you can't do it, bring it back to me. Do not attempt any change you are not completely sure you can execute."

The engineer straightened, and nodded. "You have my word, Grand Marshal."

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax stood in the center of the warehouse, watching as one team of 'droids worked on finishing the final horizontal layer of shielding, and the other continued the process of reinforcing the roof for the last layer. His attention turned to the junior engineer. "I want the plates installed radially - work from the perimiter in. Analyze the stress loads on each beam before and after each plate instalation, compile the report and send it to my personal databank."

As the bring scurried off to gether the needed instruments, Jax turned to the senior engineer, approaching with nearly inaudible strides. Nevertheless, the engineer had seemed to gain a sixth sense about when the Sovereign Protector was approaching. His eyes were raw, and he looked to be on the verge of mental collapse. Jax layed his gauntleted hand on the being's shoulder, and he looked up. "The weight will be something that will hinder the performance, but it can be overcome with repulsorlifts."

The Grand Marshal looked down at him, and his voice was calm, sympathetic. "Go get some rest, Corsova. You are doing incredible work, but you need some rest." Jax punched a command into his gauntlet datapad, and a speeder pod soon zipped out behind the warehouse. "Use room 427. I know it lacks some of the more artistic amenities, but it will be comfortable." As the engineer limped off, he punched in a couple more commands for a medical capsule to transport him from the speeder to the room... his old room when he was but a student here.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject:

It was glorious.

To the untrained eye, nothing had changed. Perhaps the walls were a little bit more reflective of the light, but else, there was nothing different. But to the Grand Marshal, it was perfect. It was what he needed. When the door closed to this facility, no sensors would be able to see within, and even gravimetric readings would prove inconclusive at best about what was within.

The cloak the Sovereign Protector wore stood still in the warehouse, despite the sandstorm that swirled around the facility, and it was good. The seams held perfectly.

Jax stood two and a half meters left of the absolute center of the warehouse, and 'droids on all sides were attempting to use the most sophisticated sensors available to discern his location. After about a half hour, the junior engineer strode back in and removed his face-shield, the smile on his face threatening to break past his ears. "Success, Sir - we were not able to obtain any sensor readings at all."

Jax nodded his approval, then motioned for the junior engineer to sit. The Sovereign Protector turned to the being, his voice soft, but authorative. "How much do you know about modifying starfighters?"

The junior engineer, still high off his success with the warehouse, smiled and replied "Not one thing, sir." A flash of light seemed to smear the air beside Jax in the shape of a crecent moon. The grin on the junior engineer's face was still evdent as his head bounced off the permacrete floor, his body remaining upright in the chair a moment before finally slumping off to the side. Blood rushed from the gaping neck wound, and Jax took a step back to keep the blood from his armor and cloak. He dispatched one of the 'droids to clean up the mess as he picked up the junior engineer's scarf, using it to polish the blade of his vibroglaive clean of blood.

As the 'droids carried the body away to the traning center's furnaces, the senior engineer walked through the massive sliding doors, holding a flimsiplast in one hand and wearing a grin to match the junior engineers'. "Sir, while I was sleeping I found the final part of the problem. If we can shift the weight of the --"

Jax lifted a hand to silence the engineer, his countenance grim. "Now that this facility is complete, we cannot discuss these matters further unless all doors are sealed." The engineer paused a moment, looking around and then, with smile unabated, nodded. Jax pressed a set of commands into his gauntlet datapad, and the huge doors began to grate shut, the reinforced hydraulics modified to support the added weight of the neuranium.

"Now, as I was saying, if we can shift the weight three quarters of a meter --" The heavy doors grated shut, servomotors sinking the doors into the structure of the warehouse. The only sound within two meters of the warehouse was the sound of winds whipping across the planet's surface, and of sand rattling against the durasteel exterior of the facility.

The only evidence that anybody was on the planet was sensor readings of one solitary TIE Defender in a hangar within a deserted training facility on a nearly hidden planet...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Sovereign Guardsman Carnor Jax exited the hangar, his step light and swift. The blueprints would work marvelously, and would revolutionize his entire department. As the massive doors grated shut, he broke into a run towards the traning facility. Without delay, leaving the engineer to work on reprogramming the 'droids for the project, he went to the main hangar and entered his TIE Defender. He ran his fingers lovingly over the Nightshadow that encapsulated it's pod and the support struts to the solar panels, then entered and quickly departed the system.

His eyes roved over the now-familiar controls, and with a subtle nudge of the control yoke, flipped the Defender into an intricate dive that sent him slingshotting past the star of the system. He kicked his hyperdrive into action, and without delay headed back for the Imperial Military Corporation facilities... he had some questions he wanted to ask, and he wanted to check on the progress of his latest order.

"Sovereign Hammer" and Grand Marshal Jax en route to Coruscant

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:

16 seperate dogfights broke out as 33 TIE Defenders dropped out of hyperspace above Yinchorr. Jax hung above the fray, watchign with satisfaction... each one of these pilots would prove to be a bit of a challenge even for a Force-sensitive pilot... and they would continue to get better.

"When your damage meter reads full, drop out of the battle and head for the hangar. The last one standing will become Squad Commander." Grinning evily, he "armed" his weapons and sank into the fray, his Defender whirling madly, taking out three of the fighters before they knew what happened. Recognizing the threat, four more Defenders broke off their attacks and went screaming for the Grand Marshal. Jax's defender wove through a series of flips, dives, and maneuvers that would have shattered the spines of lesser pilots...

Then out of nowhere, a pinpoint chain blast of an ion cannon followed by laser blast punched a hole in his shields just atop his right ion drive, and the following laser blast ignited the fuel cell and sent his ship careening towards the surface. Jax cackled madly... yes, this was going to prove interesting.

Jax took his fighter to the hangar... the 27th fighter knocked out. This squadron would become galaxy-renown... and feared...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:

The Sovereign Protector emerged from the hangar wearing a full standard flight suit, his Sovereign Protector's armor left in his personal locker. The only things that marked him seperate from the rest of the flight were the plaque of rank on his chest, and the hilt of a double-bladed vibroglaive where the standard-issue thermal detonator would be located. His fingers flexed in the flight gauntlets, and beckoned the rest of the squadron to follow. Upon each helm, emblazoned in silver upon the left temple, rested the mark of Dark Blade: crossed Force Pikes behind the Imperial Air Force logo.

They broke out into a double-time march across the two-kilometer expanse of land that seperated the warehouse from the hangar bays, and each member proved their physical capability by not breaking into a sweat, and never flagging during that run. As they entered the warehouse, Jax turned to them and lifted a hand in introduction. "This is your new facility. here you will learn, you will grow, and we will train until we stand above all fighter pilots." A man in a long white lab coat, with black hair down to his shoulders stood at the forefront of 33 desks, holding a datachip in one hand and a model of a TIE Defender in his hand. Jax nodded to the being, then turned back to the squad and motioned for them to take seats. he took a seat as well, front row, midline left. His designation would be DB-006, while the squadron commander was a human male approximately 22 standard years of age, with spiky brown hair and dark green, almost black eyes.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. My name is Maximilian Corsova, and I will be training you on the changes your vessels will be undergoing over the next two weeks here." He picked up a datacard and inputed a set of commands, and the massive doors started grating closed. Silance rang out until the massive panels sank into the supports...

And 33 TIE Defenders rested in the hangar. The air was dead calm. Yinchorr made it's lazy turn through space, observed by the stars... though nothing could tell what lay within one sensor-proof box on the surface...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:

The squad formed up for their daily run to the warehouse - even though they were on an alien planet in an unknown region of the galaxy, going through training on a technology that was less than two weeks old, and they took everything without blinking. It was very good.

Jax marched double-time in step with the rest of the flight, chanting in unison to the squadron commander's lead. Roderick Andellmere was the last pilot standing in the dogfight, and as such he was promoted to the position... but it might be that he wouldn't be there for long. Jax had informed everyone that if they thought they could beat the squadron commander in a dogfight, that would be the method of promotion. Using pseudo-weapons, they would engage within Yinchorr's gravity well, and the fight would continue until one of them emerged the victor. It was a good way to keep the competetion up, and for eeryone to hone their battle tactics.

Jax himself would engage the squad commander somtime... but he also knew what a morale boost it was that the Grand Marshal of the Imperial Air Force was a member of the squad, and didn't take command simply by default. Acknowledgement of ones skills was more vitally important than protocols, because it would allow for a much more positive mindset when they were sent out. Of course, there would have been whispers of the Sovereign Protector's lack of abilities, were they not all absolutely convinced that Jax could best them in virtually any medium they chose, and that he was made Grand Marshal not because of his ability in a starfighter, but because of his tenacity, his penchant for acting on anything that angered him, and for not backing down until he got what he wanted.

Jax could tell that everyone was in a good mood - his helm's auditory sensors heard the steps light and swift, and the voices were loud, clean and positive... it was all very good. Within two weeks, these fighters would be able to take on anything.

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:

One TIE Defender was rigged on a platform of wheels, and 33 harnesses were attached to it by ropes. Without questioning, each member of the squadron slipped themselves into it and commenced their march towards the warehouse/hangar bay. The Nightshadow on the Defender seemed to suck the light from the coming dawn, making it appear as a black hole against the red-orange dust of the planet's surface. As they gathered speed, Roderick Andellmere started the daily chant, and before long they were running at nearly full speed, making the two kilometer run in about eight minutes.

The doors were open, and Corsova was waiting there with a team of 'droids, waiting for the Defender. They parted ways as the squadron slowed to a walk, and the starfighter slipped into the warehouse without further fanfare. As the doors started grating closed, Corsova's voice rang out. "This will be the first vessel the changes you have been trained on will be implimented on. Afterwards, Grand Marshal Jax will show you how it performs in atmospheric maneuvers, as well as being able to explain in greater detail the changes that need to be made."

Crisp salutes were thrown as the beings took their seats in the warehouse, the massive doors grating shut. As the murmer died down, the doors sealed themselves once more, leaving 32 TIE Defenders in the hangar, and gravimetric sensors being able to read only two slight deformations: one, where the TIE Defender was located and the other, where the stack of neuranium plates was being stored. Other than that, nothing even remotely conclusive would be able to be read...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The doors opened, and one TIE Defender shot out of the warehouse, whipping through the air with jaw-dropping acrobatics. Well, jaw-dropping to the untrained observer. As the Defender went into a half-cuban, it's inertia carried it a little further than should be prudent, but otherwise the handling didn't change. Jax's voice lit up the commlinks in a euphoric laugh as he took the fighter through the outer reaches of the atmosphere, then dropped and worked through atmospheric turbulence as easily as a warm butter is easily split by a wormhole.

As the Defender made its way back to the hangar, the rest of the squadron followed, and waited for his report. Jax opened the hatch to the pod, and did a double backflip from the seat to land in a crouch next to the Defender. "It's got more momentum than normal, and you have to adjust your angle by 3.728 degrees to compensate, but other than that it handles perfectly." The grim nods of the helms before him told him everything: they understood, and were ready to get their ships modified.

"We will do two per day, in squad order, and thw two modified will dogfight twice, once in atmosphere and once in zero-g, to get your first taste. Once they are all finished, we will have another melee. Understood?" Crisp salutes thrown to the Grand Marshal gave him the affirmative, and Jax smiled beneath his helm... this was just getting better and better.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject:

Two days passed, and four more fighters were currently fighting in the atmosphere of Yinchorr. Jax smiled beneath his helm as he watched... even to his eyes, the arial maneuvers a thing of lethal beauty as his eye visors filled in the energy bursts of the practise weapons. They were performing incredibly, and they would only get better.

As the fighters docked, they strapped themselves to the platforms with the next two fighters, the four fighters were jabbering excitedly to their compatriots, and as they got moving, they made the run in six and a half standard minutes - very high morale was a very good thing.

They entered the hangar, and had to brace themselves against the speeding cart to keep it from running into the opposing wall. The doors closed, but not before a wild cheer arose from DB-001, 002, 003, and 004.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject:

Eleven ships, and the number still grew. The more they experimented, the more they liked, and the more they liked, the more they experimented. Soon his personal databank was flooded with new ideas and changes to be made that could further augment the superiority of the TIE Defender. Jax smiled within his flight helmet... this was what he loved.

He made a mental note for the next melee, and strapped himself into the dual Defender platform, preparing the morning march. Their times were continuing to improve, and as their morale increased, their times decreased... they were beginning to rival his times. He made another mental note to continue working on his personal training - it wouldn't do to have them be able to beat him in more than one arena.

As they entered the hangar, the platforms holding the two Defenders sliding inside, Corsova met them at the door. "Gentlemen, may I have your attention, please? Phase 2 of the training will begin today - I hope you all brought your wits with you." He lifted a hand in introduction to an elegant simulation pod, the interior of which was designed to precise detail to match the Defender cockpit. "today, you will test your skills against the best ships in the galaxy. Not only will you be dogfighting with ships of all sorts, you will also be charged with taking out a capital vessel on your own... but rule number one?"

Survive.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject:

Spirits were still high, even though Corsova conveniently "forgot" to take the training simulation out of the most advanced AI the Empire had at it's disposal. All but two of the pilots managed to sweep the fighters, but only Jax and Andellmere were able to take out the capital vessel - a modified Geonosian Dreadnought. As they strapped in for the morning's run, one of the squadron, DB-009, spoke up.

"What are the chances of Corsova knocking down the difficulty today?" A dead silence rang in the air, and the flight helmet of DB-009 looked around, apparently nervously. The voice that came out only belied that tension a little. "I mean, what are the chances that we will run into fighters that good?"

Jax didn't say a word, but looked to the Squadron Commander. Roderick's response was quiet, but authorative. "It'll make the ones that aren't that good that much easier, won't it? The more lax your trianing is, the greater chance you will get killed. Now, we cannot afford to loose the vessel you are piloting, so to make sure of that... we will not allow substandard training. Do I make myself clear?"

DB-009 snapped to attention, saluting with fist to heart.
"Yes, sir. Crystaline, sir." He dropped back to his parade rest, and finished suiting back up for pulling the next two defenders out of the hangar. Jax's polarized eye shields met those of the squadron commanders, and the subtle inclination of the Grand Marshal's head told Roderick that his assessment was correct. They turned and, as one, went back to the warehouse for more extensive training...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Jax allowed his squadron a day's breather, only making them drag the two Defenders to the warehouse and run back. The process took less than fifteen minutes for the 4-kilometer total distance.

Jax's attention was locked upon the battles going on around the galaxy... he had commited numerous Defenders to the battle of Brentaal, and was waiting for Grand Admiral Thrawn's response on the mobilization of the fighters over Muunlist. His mind racing in the directions it was, he couldn't provide his full attention to the classes and the training, and rather than have the entire squadron put up with his ulterior focus, he allowed them the day as respite. Many of them were dogfighting in the atmosphere even as he brooded in his quarters, but there were a couple that had chosen to take the day off.

He looked over his requisition forms, and decided to do a little bit of research. He sat before the terminal and brushed his fingers over the keypads.

"Get me the complete financial holonet records, dating back no less than nine months."

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Jax smiled slightly after the last lesson of the day, jogging back to the training center. He made an executive decision that he didn't need to be there, constantly supervising every single fighter. He delegated the responsibilities to a septarchy of High Marshals, each supervising three junior marshals stationed with each strike group of the Air Force.

As he entered his personal quarters, he found the reports he had requested from the day previous. He inputed a command that scrolled through the reports at five lines per second, his fingers coming to rest on the keypad of another terminal. As the information scrolled, his fingers flew over the keys, the clacking sounding like the agressive Kashyyyk slash-spider defending it's territory.

And he was defending his territory... with a vengeance. There was nothing he wouldn't to to make sure his flyers came back alive, even if it meant spending sleepless nights poring over data and analyzing every shred of information he could get his gauntlets on.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Grand Marshal Jax stood looking up at the night sky of Yinchorr. He smiled as a dark shape passed over a couple stars, winking them out of view before appearing suddenly again. Occasional flashes of white spat into view around the shape, but mostly it was dark, and getting darker.

The Lancer-class frigate Sovereign Fist sat in geosynchronous orbit above the traning center of Yinchorr... it's second skin coming marvelously well in progress... it would be finished before the night was out. His arms sat folded across the chestplate of his Sovereign Protector's armor, his black-lined red cloak fluttering in the breeze as he stood motionless, watching, smiling beneath the helm.

After a while, he turned in a militaristic about-face, his fingertips brushing over his gauntlet datapad. His voice was soft, satisfied. "Colonel-General Scyntor. In one week's time, come to Yinchorr. I will put you through a crash-course in melee and short-range combat. I will assume that your training in Stormtrooper Academy has taught you enough about long-range. In the meantime, select twelve of your best troopers... we will recreate the Crimson Guard."

He clicked the commlink off, his smile turning grim upon his lips. The red robes of the Emperor's Elite Guard would be a welcome addition...

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Admiral Tan's holocom would soon crackle to life.

"This is Grand Marshal Jax. The Sovereign Fist will be en route to your location in one standard hour."

Jax flipped the comm off, then signalled the faciltiy-wide broadcast system, summoning all pilots to the hangar bay. His armor gleamed in the failing light, his voice echoing. "Alright, it's time to take our skills abroad. I do not expect any trouble, but I will summon you to the hangar bay ten minutes before we drop out of hyperspace. Be ready to fly within two minutes if need be."

He saw the salutes offered by the 32 flyers, and he returned it with a fist to his heart before entering his Defender. With a simulaneous click of the priming levers, 33 ion engines roared to life and, with flip-twists ascended the atmosphere to dock with the lancer-class frigate in orbit.

As the fighters entered the docking bay, Jax gave the order, and the coordinates were set for Lichen Hold.

Grand Marshal Jax, Dark Blade, and Sovereign Fist are en route to Lichen Hold.

Back to top »
Amarian`Justice

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

Slowly a form slipped in from a disclosed fighter recon that was sent to deliver him straight for the planet on Yinchorr.. His assignment handed down from the officer training corp to alliy himself to the Glactic Empire's usage.. His malificent battle stratagies yielded top of his class and he was to report to Carnor Jax himself. Slowly as he was dropped outside of a disclosed facility he looked upon it's high raised walls in implimation of dues. condensended rights were upon his transfer papers looking at the assignment and where to find this held place at. slowly he shook his head and silenced his very thought origin.

"This has to be the Place"

Slowly his hand lifted to the data pad and then the door responded by opening up to his very motion of stepping foreward. along the condenscending attire that he wore were two lengthned blades that rested at his left hip while the other across his back in a 15 degree slant. a warrior amoungst the clasps of the normal officers, he sown no uniform or rank bars upon the uniform. to him that was showing off.. and that would be undue.. He had better resentments and likings. allow them to underestimate him.. That would even better his win. a smirk danced in his clasped visor that was own to the winded dust storms that blazed about the scarred surface of the planet he now resided on. He stepped into the facility walls and confronted there by three Droids that were dispatched to heed his direction

"Your purpose State It"

The droids intook to their natural stances to his configuration and surrounded his form in a trangular action. slowly the figure sunk as one hand crossed his center place and grasped the sakabatou of his trained weapon while he other gripped the blade at his back. releasing his right foot pon the dirt ground to stabalize his stance lowering his center of gravity by shiftig his for body forward and slightly angled

"I mean no harm I am sent to Carnor to report to as his new marshall"

The Droids application to movement shown their traits as a impassive training droid as each drew a pike that would be the main training of the crimson guard. this alarmed Amarian as he seemed to watch their training stances activate.. each off centerd as most pike users were. however he calculated each of their movements

"Then Prove yourself worthy of the Galactic Empire"

With that the first droid jumped into the air an spun its pike into a rotary like motion above amarian who didn't move.. not yet... the second slide in from his right quadrant in a thrusted motion while the last droid aimed to flank him in the back with a sweeping arc. within the first attack of jump amarian spun a complete 18o degrees inwar counter clock wise watching the arc ascend high and out of range sweepng the left blade in a wide arc horizantly to catch the roid right under its planar level to take in the inside of the droids pike and sweep it out of commission and as well using its disabled body to block the path of the trust sliding on his heel to send a kick into the droids center plating sending it bacl. just as the third droids glaive would strike he srung the secon blade from his back to X pattern above his head capturing the left end of the glaive in ts section halting it in a spray of sparks and hissing metal clashes he twisted his wrists to flip the driod to land on his head. now the battle lied even Him verse only one. to which he then sheathed his blade..

"Too easy atleast hopefully you will see your own down fall and stop this pitiful attack"

The droid didn't know the option of quit so he rushed the unarmed male with the attachment of recoil in his blades straight attack sweeping horizantly at amarians right side in a perfect 90 degree plane. Upon the rush of the droid amarians eyes flashed in their warrior training this droid was quicker than the las two and on a pivot of his foot he inttok his side blade and swept it across his body inverted to catch the sharp blade as it just knicks his skin. a growl lowly formed from his lips essence. The bot right there made it's first wrong move keeing the bladed glaive in check by his own wepon he spun to T section the droid and balanced perfectly upon his body reaching his foot out a well placed kick took to the side of the metallic armored bot denting its for layer.

"Nice move however not good enough"

The bot spun outward then to manuver the glaive straight out then in barely touching the droids body. it struck to catch amarian off guard as he figured to strike in a 15 degre arc right uunder his let arm to cleve it's surface clean off. Amarian wouldn't have it as the arc took place he spun with the arc then ducked low kicking up dust and in doing so distracted the things own targeting system.he thrusted his weapon into the gut of the bot and ripped up

"No your first mistake was underestimating me.. Now I wait on your master"

Last edited by Amarian`Justice on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

A preprogrammed holotransmitter warmed up, and suddenly a blue-line scanned image appeared in the hallway, floating a centimeter above the floor. The voice was that of the Grand Marshal, a resonant tone filling the air.

Well done, Amarian Justice, well done. I see that my faith in you has not been misplaced. This was your final test. In room Alpha-427, you will find your field uniform. Dress yourself, and then bring your Defender to the space above Rendili. By the time you receive this message, a battle might be underway. Take no chances. I want you to immediately dock with the Sovereign Fist and move to the bridge. High Marshal Asaali Sariyah and I will meet you there. Your technical knowledge of the vessels we will be up against will be greatly appreciated.]

With that, the holotransmission blinked out, and the corridors lit up with flashing lights to guide the being through the abandoned facility. a set of cleanup 'droids came and cleaned up the droids, to be taken back to the repair facilities to be reassembled and have their memories analyzed of Amarian's skills, to be used in their next confrontation with the being.

Back to top »
Amarian`Justice

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

As directed by the High Marshall his portrayal of motions seemed to whipe his actions and sheathed his weapons. walking to the desired room in the ill lit hallway the motivations caressed the edge of the wall..his hands reached to the uniform.

"Distasteful but they will do"

He placed the uniform on after taking the black onyx Gi like clothing and walked from the dispatched motions towards the Dock bay holding the TIE Defender... his hand touched the edged glass in the cock pit and placed on a stabalized face mask. he'd step ino the seat and didn't buckle himself in. His lips sealed together as he opened the bottom half of his helm and rested the comlink there. he closed the hatch with a set of hiss expireing from the hydrolic centerfolds and sealed his remnent. he buckled the air tank however didn't decompress his suit not for this manuver. he com'd in his porportion as the Twin Ion Engines whirred to life. The battle Torn Defender shown in particular callsign's of his position and his callsign...Phantom. he'd fire the Nav Com and punced in the vector for the jump points. he released the holding as he lied there in hovor as the docking bays opened and he eased the contrrol's forward and pushed the thrust midline. He knew every limit of this particular hip being with it since flight school. He uped the nozzle to pitch the ship in a 75 degree angle. He finally decompressed his suit at 3 miles into the atmosphere. Slowly the rumble of theengines silenced and then heated into their blue inomissive color taking him into space. the colors blurred as he went through the atmosphere. He rolled the ship left then took it aft to support his decision punching in the correct corinates to the Fist the light surrounded his very jump and he was gone out of orbit.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

As Alex exited the shuttle, his bag in hand, he checked that his vibro-blade, and throwing knives were still in place, and easily accessable. This was an Imperial facility, but one could never be to careful.

Seeing that there weren't going to be any reception parties, Alex looked around, and picked the first door he saw. As he stepped into the hallways, he was disoriented for a few second by the garish crimson red walls, and black cieling, and floor. Interesting paint scheme, he thought, They should fire their decorator.

Looking to his right, he saw a plaque on the wall indicating the various areas, and facilities. Torr looked at it for a second, and saw Administrative Wing. He would head there, and get his orders.

As he walked through the building, he frequently felt the hair stand up on the back of his neck. He felt like he was being watched, tailed. He didn't like the feeling he got from the place. Checking, again that his weapons were easily accessable, he proceeded down the hallways, occasionally glancing behind him, but finding no one. After a while, he just wrote it off to the color of the hallways, and continued on towards the Administrative Wing, wondering how soon he would begin his training, and under who.

Imperial Intelligence

"Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Maximilian Corsova walked out from the administrative wing, appearing to be fully expecting Torr. He wore a long white lab coat, his white hair stuck out in dissaray. His voice was resonant in the corridors as he walked up to the Commander. "Commander Torr, welcome. The Grand Marshal informed me of your arrival. Come this way, and we will get you the trianing you desire."

Corsova turned and walked towards the barracks, his bootsteps thudding on the black marble. "While you are here you are subject to my orders and directives, until Governor Kanos arrives. Your rank with Imperial Intelligence holds no bearing here: Here, you are a student. That is all. The sooner you get to know that, the better off you will be." Corsova turned to Quarters 187, lifting a hand.

"This is to be your quarters. We will train you in the ways of the Imperial Crimson Guard." "With a stern glance the Chief Engineer met Torr's eyes. A moment of silence passed, then corsova turned.

"Training begins at 0400 tomorrow."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alex Torr

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Alex's first night in the training facility was not how he thought it would be. He had woken up every 40 minutes or so, due to strange noises or feelings. A foot-step here, a chill on the back of his neck there. He was becoming jumpy. Normally, he would awake at such things, but not jerk awake, like he had been. This time, he had awoken as schedualed. Shutting down his beeping crono, Alex jumped out of bed, and took a quick shower, before throwing on his usual combat attire, and grabbing a quick breakfast. Yawning, Alex made his way to the door, and out into crimson, and black corridor. He wasn't as rested as he would've liked, but he would manage.

Before he left, he had checked his datapad, which showed a new message. Apparently there would be no guided training today. Just physical exercise. A lot of it. Making his way to the nearest door to the outside, Torr gazed out at the vast expanse of desert. As he stepped further out, he took notice of the near freezing temperature. At 0400 hours, it was bound to be cold. It would soon shoot up into the hundreds after 0600, but Alex wouldn't be out there at that point. Taking off at a flat run, Alex made his way to the 5 kilometer long running track, and took a drink of water before he started. Minutes later, after he had stretched, he started off on the track at a medium pace. After a few kilometers, Alex had decided he hated running in sand.

Two hours after Alex had started, he slowed down, began jogging slowly, and stopped, hands on his knees, breathing heavily. He didn't remember how many kilometers he had ran, but he knew it was a lot. Composing himself, Alex jogged back into the training complex, got a quick drink, and made his way to the weight room.

All throughout the day, Alex alternated between running, push-ups, pull-ups, lifting, various acrobatics, and occasionally, eating. Just after the last meal of the day, Alex made his way to his quarters, dropped onto his bed, and instantly fell asleep. He didn't know what tommorow held, but if it was anything like today, it would hurt.

Imperial Intelligence

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Beep. The sound caused irritation in Alex that he hadn't known since the Academy. He wanted to stay in bed, to stay asleep, and forget about the training, even if it meant court martial. He felt exhausted, and even as his body screamed at him in every way it knew possible to stay still, his mind took over, and he was out of bed, and into the shower before he knew what he was doing.

For the past three days, he had been training as hard as possible in running, weight lifting, and every other form of exercise. He had, in a sense, broken himself. As he stepped out of the shower, he could feel his pains in his muscles start to ease. The scalding hot water had done it's trick.

Minutes later, and he had gotten dressed, eaten, and gotten his orders off of his datapad. He was headed for unarmed combat training. Normally, he would jump at a chance for it, but knowing these trainers, he would be broken in too many ways to count.

After jogging through the halls towards the training area, he finally made it, as his crono beeped. 0400.

His orders were to warm up, and someone would contact him. He hated not knowing who was going to be his instructor. Minutes later, he was doing push-ups, waiting for the instructor to arrive.

Imperial Intelligence

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Alexander Corsova, the cheif engineeer's son, strode through the doors of the training area clad in a crimson silk battle uniform, emblazined with the mark of the Crimson Guards on the right chest. He bowed to Torr, then assumed an attack stance in the center of the arena... he knew how exhausted the commander was, but also knew they had been following the precise regimen, and the cadet was not about to allow any leniency...

Back to top »
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

I left my hotel and went to the commercial district of the city. I needed some transportation, and needed something fast. I also needed something inconspicuous. A speeder bike was the answer for me. I wouldn't be able to buy a 74-Z, since it was more military, so I got a 74-Y instead. The civilian version, it lacked finesse and aesthetic detail, but it would serve. I mounted and looked at a map on a palm-heald holo-transceiver.

It was far, but a speeder bike would get me there in no time. I waited until night and sped off in the direction of the training facility. I wondered if the training had already begun, but I guess it was too late to turn back now. The wind whipped through my golden red hair.

I had never had so much fun. I wondered why I hadn't chosen this career path before. Dad. He wanted me to be the best the Army had to offer, but I finally got him to settle for the Navy at least. This was turning out to be a much more interesting career change than I had bargained for.

After an hour or so, I saw something, what I assumed to be the facility, and got closer. I now had a very slim chance of what I was going to do. Y'never know, it might work. I drove my new bike up to the gate and stopped.

"This is a military installation, I'm afraid you'll have to go back to civilian territory," said a security officer in a booth.

"I've been assigned to IntelForce," was my reply.

"You're late. Training started already," he said with a hint of annoyance.

"Due to my former assignment's restraints, I was forced to find my own transport to the planet," I said. There's no way he was going to buy this.

"Alright, then. ID number, please," he said.

I looked at him with a blank stare for what seemed like eternity, but was really more like a second. I then gave him my number, and he put it into his computer. If I gave him any other number, he would've arrested me.

He got a shocked look on his face.

"Um...sir...you've been...missing..."

"Yes, I've been MIA for a few days, can I go through?" I asked, annoyedly. Ironic. When he thought he was in control, he spoke to me the same way.

"I--yes, sir. Sir, permission to speak freely?"

Sure, why not. "Go ahead, soldier."

"Why...well...you're a highly praised and decorated admiral. Why would you sign up for IntelForce?" he asked.

I gave him a dumb look. I was about to say something when he burst out.

"I--nevermind, sir. I have no business prying. Go ahead!" he said as he quickly opened the gate to let me in.

Sign up? What? I...could have just...I spent all that money on a TIE Defender for...Dammit.

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Jax looked as the gates were opened, dressed in his full Sovereign Protector's regalia. He watched as Onca approached, then turned back to the adminstrative wing of the facilities on Yinchorr. He pressed a series of commands into his gauntlet datapad, and four Crimson Guard recruits went to the training facilities, where Torr was waiting. He moved through the corridors, cloak billowing wide behind him as a contingent of recruits fell into step behind him... the first class of IntelForce recruits.

He paused at the secondary training facility, then half-turned towards where Onca was coming from, waiting for the newest recruit.

Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I recognized the armor, I had seen it before. Sovereign Protectors and Crimson Guards, the only soldiers the Emperor deemed fit to protect him personally. I walked briskly to Jax and stopped. It had been quite a while since I was under the command of a superior and almost forgot myself. However, it's hard to forget looking at an empty faceplate of one of the most deadly men in the Empire.

I saluted sharply saying, "Grand Marshall, Admiral Onca reporting for IntelForce training, sir."

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

The Sovereign Protector nodded once to the man. Although on the galactic battlefield Jax stil had to follow the orders of the fleet Admiral, on Yinchorr, and at these facilities, his word was law. His voice spoke out in a calm, deadly resonance. "You are late, Cadet Onca."

Without another word he spun on the ball of his right foot and motioned over his shoulder for the Admiral to join the rest of the training group. Jax was not one to let power go to his head - there were different situations for every arena, and to allow himself to abuse the power in his situation was to risk the failure of the entire project. He turned to address the prototype group of cadets, his polished armor shining in the dawn light of the Yinchorrian sunrise.

"Good morning, cadets. This marks the first day of the most exhaustive training regimen the Galaxy has ever put together, short of my personal elite troops. Insubordination will be met with execution, this is your final warning on that matter. Wakeup is 0400, training starts at 0430. You will get no break, and receive no status reports."

He watched the ranks remain at attention, though some of them loked anxious. Those were the ones that had to be atched... uniform progression was mandatory for this kind of excercise... any one of them getting ahead meant the training was not doing them good, which lapsed them into compliance.

"Instead you will be physically tested at random intervals, chosen by myself or Imperial High Command. Those that fail will be immediately dismissed. If you have any questions, speak up now, for this will be the final opportunity you will receive."

Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I can't say I was all too impressed with myself for being late. I also was somewhat at odds with myself over being able to just sign up. Well, what happened happened and there was nothing else I could do.

I got in line with the rest of the cadets and listened to the Grand Marshal speak. 0430 was pretty early, but I'd probably get used to it. Or have an episode. Either way, I'd find a way to deal with it.

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Yinchorr
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: