Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Boba Fett, dead or alive.
YES
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
NO
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author Message
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

True, true. But I assume he does have an air-source in there, mabye not. If not, he STILL may have gotten out before he got exposed to its gasoeous air. Joke
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Sorry for double posting yet again, but I just gotta say, T_DOG94, you have made one heck of an argumentive/popular topic, GJ! Wink
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 1361
Location: Pennsylvania

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Executous wrote:
And I'm sorry to say it, Han, but you're wrong. Any SW novel, whether of the movies or EU (like Heir to the Empire) are official canon. All of the novels HAVE to be approved by Lucas' affiliates before they can be put to print..


Not according to the Star Wars Insider Nov./Dec. Issue. It states that EU stories are not movie canon. Besides, if we follow the reasoning that the Star Wars novels are canon, then we would have Owen as Obi-Wan's brother, Jaster Mereel as Boba Fett and the Death Star created by Sate Pestage. All of these things were shot down by the fims.
_________________
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance




TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Bravo Solo! Very Happy And as I said before if the novels were considered canon, then the 501st would need to reevaluate their costume guidelines Joke
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Actually, there's a hierarchy to canon. It's movies, novels, TV series, games, other. So, novels are canon, but can be overridden explicity by movies. The problem is, with Fett, it wasn't explicit. Unless, of course, Lucas redoes RotJ and has Fett being bitten in half first.
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.


Last edited by on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

You forgot 1 thing above Movies. The word of Lucas

As much as it may suck to have this mad man, the same who gave us Jar Jar, to be the ultimate ruler in SW, he is. If Lucas says something, it becomes universal SW law Joke

He apparently said he wanted Fett dead. He made a pretty big hint in the movie. Combine the 2 and we have Dead Fett Joke
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 1361
Location: Pennsylvania

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

^ What he said. I've already stressed that Lucas said that he believes Fett to be dead. In fact, I'm going to go look for that interview where he states it.

From the official site:

Yes, in George's view -- as far as the films go -- the baddest bounty hunter in the Galaxy met his match in the Great Pit of Carkoon where --unfortunately for Mr. Fett -- the ghastly sarlacc made its home.

And another:

Fett is dead. Period. He did not 'survive' the Sarlacc pit, as has been reported by various sources - the obvious intention of the scenes in Return Of the Jedi was to kill off the character, and even the creator of the Star Wars Trilogy, George Lucas, says that Fett is dead. The word of George Lucas vastly outweighs that of the novelists and comic book writers - after all, there's nothing to stop all their supplementary Star Wars work being completely wiped from Star Wars canon - it has happened in the past with the old Marvel Star Wars comics (which, at the time, were canon, and now are not). The only true measure of authenticity is if it was shown in the films. Boba Fett's return was not, so therefore, he is dead.

[/i]
_________________
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance




TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Exactly. Bravo Very Happy
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ah, but Lucas also gave us Ewoks and Jar Jar. I think before he started on Jedi, he got some bad drugs. We can't trust him after that. Joke
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

As I said, like it or not, he is the god of the Star Wars universe...

besides even if he did get some funky drugs, it doesn't change the way things are. Ewoks still exist and still beat the crap out of the Empire. Jar Jar still exists. And Boba Fett is still dead.

The word of Lucas, like it or not, is Star Wars law
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

What you are all saying is true, yes. However, you fail to take into account that all novels, books, etc. MUST be approved by Lucas. No one can just write anything they want. It has to be liscensed. Therefore, Lucas approved the return of Boba. There's a lot of things he's changed since the OT...explain why 3PO doesn't recognize the Skywalker farm eventhough he spent YEARS there between I and II. Things change to fit the story. That proves that things may not all add up and the possibility of Boba being alive is real.

"Like it or not," novels ARE canon. Not MOVIE canon because they're books, Solo. No one said they were movie canon.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

On a more practical note, Boba would still be alive in the RPG. We've already got someone signed up. Joke
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Executous wrote:
What you are all saying is true, yes. However, you fail to take into account that all novels, books, etc. MUST be approved by Lucas. No one can just write anything they want. It has to be liscensed. Therefore, Lucas approved the return of Boba. There's a lot of things he's changed since the OT...explain why 3PO doesn't recognize the Skywalker farm eventhough he spent YEARS there between I and II. Things change to fit the story. That proves that things may not all add up and the possibility of Boba being alive is real.

"Like it or not," novels ARE canon. Not MOVIE canon because they're books, Solo. No one said they were movie canon.


Firstly about 3P0 ... SPOILER WARNING
He supposedly gets his memory wiped in Episode III at the end, and is said to have the last speaking part of "Oh No" upon learning his memory is to be erased

Ok that's been dealt with...

On to the rest ...

They in no way have to be approved by lucas, they need to be approved by Lucas' company, and this has nothing to do with content, but more to ensure they get their fair cut. Do you honestly believe that George Lucas physically sits down and reads every single SW book that is coming onto the market?

And as I said before the word of Lucas is the ultimate Canon. It doesn't matter how far down or up books fit into the list, because Lucas' word is law. Lucas has said that Fett died. Lucas showed his death as best he could. By the same argument we can say Jango is still alive since we never saw his corpse. Windu simply removed the helmet and the shadow believed to be his head was really a melon he kept underneath to keep it fresh.....

What matters are the 2 highest forms of canon. The statement of Lucas and the Movie.

The movie shows evidence of his death, and none that he survived. As such, regardless of how strong the evidence is, the evidence supplied leans towards death.

Lucas has said that he wanted to bring closure to Fett and even to say Fett died. That is VERY strong evidence, and it leans towards death.

Stacked against 1 book stating he survived is nothing. Especially since, as Solo said, she can point you to books that name Jaster as Boba Fett. Boba Fett surviving has as much strength of evidence behind it as Jaster being Fett or Owen being Obi's brother. 1 book that's been overturned by the word of Lucas and the movie.
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Actually, there's a lot of sources that say Fett survived. Besides, if Fett really was dead, why wouldn't SWDB be edited? Surely they want to keep in line...
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

First off, that 3PO stuff is not a spoiler...it's in the movies which have already been released.

Secondly, bravo Ams...bravo.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
David Hunt
Ensign


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 416

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ams Jendob wrote:
Ah, but Lucas also gave us Ewoks and Jar Jar. I think before he started on Jedi, he got some bad drugs. We can't trust him after that. Joke


This is outrageous!!!! Jar Jar is one of the best characters in Star Wars!!!!


And also Executous, 3POs memory could have been whiped by a new master in between Attack of the Clones, like what Owen was going to do to them in A New Hope. That could be why R2 and 3PO didn't recognise the farm.
_________________
David 'official pest to the admins' Hunt
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

David Hunt wrote:
Ams Jendob wrote:
Ah, but Lucas also gave us Ewoks and Jar Jar. I think before he started on Jedi, he got some bad drugs. We can't trust him after that. Joke


This is outrageous!!!! Jar Jar is one of the best characters in Star Wars!!!!


And also Executous, 3POs memory could have been whiped by a new master in between Attack of the Clones, like what Owen was going to do to them in A New Hope. That could be why R2 and 3PO didn't recognise the farm.


Ah, but he ALWAYS recognizes R2...explain how after a whipe he'd even know him? His memory wasn't erased. Even when they're been seperated (I think R2 goes with Anakin for a time and 3PO goes with Leia) they still know eachother...
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guest






 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I think 3PO got his memory erased but R2D2 didn't and R2D2 knows whats going on but can't tell anybody because nobody can understand him.For him its like being trapped in a box.Also C3PO can hear what R2D2 is saying but is to confused to understand what R2D2 means, but for now lets just stay on BOBA make a different thread for the C3PO and R2D2.Hey that sounds like a good idea I think I'll do it.

Last edited by on Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 1361
Location: Pennsylvania

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ams, those sources you refer to are also EU. The only real canon in the Star Wars universe are the films and the words that come out of Lucas' mouth. And Lucas clearly stated that Fett is dead.



Executous wrote:


Ah, but he ALWAYS recognizes R2...explain how after a whipe he'd even know him? His memory wasn't erased. Even when they're been seperated (I think R2 goes with Anakin for a time and 3PO goes with Leia) they still know eachother...


But their memory was erased:


SPOILER WARNING!





In the graphic novel, which has been leaked this week, there is a scene at the very end with Threepio, Artoo, Bail and Captain Antilles aboard the Tantive IV. Bail and Antilles are talking amongst themselves with the droids overhearing the conversation. Here is part of the conversation: "And take these droids in the back and have their memory banks erased." "Erased?!" I think that's more than enough proof.
_________________
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance




TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion


Last edited by on Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guest






 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I don't mean to get off topic but they could've gotten out of that like R2D2 but, then you see C3PO in the room door closes and then u hear C3PO yell, "No no plese ahhhhhhh".Also after that u hear R2D2 make that sad whistle and after that R2D2 only acts like hes had his memory erased.
 Back to top »
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ams Jendob wrote:
Actually, there's a lot of sources that say Fett survived. Besides, if Fett really was dead, why wouldn't SWDB be edited? Surely they want to keep in line...


Exactly as Solo said ... because it lists EU stuff as well.

And for having alot of sources you have sure been able to quote that surprising number of 0


Lucas said that Fett died. He said it. As such I have to ask.... is Lucas wrong in his own story?
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
David Hunt
Ensign


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 416

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Han Solo wrote:
Ams, those sources you refer to are also EU. The only real canon in the Star Wars universe are the films and the words that come out of Lucas' mouth. And Lucas clearly stated that Fett is dead.



Executous wrote:


Ah, but he ALWAYS recognizes R2...explain how after a whipe he'd even know him? His memory wasn't erased. Even when they're been seperated (I think R2 goes with Anakin for a time and 3PO goes with Leia) they still know eachother...


But their memory was erased:


SPOILER WARNING!





In the graphic novel, which has been leaked this week, there is a scene at the very end with Threepio, Artoo, Bail and Captain Antilles aboard the Tantive IV. Bail and Antilles are talking amongst themselves with the droids overhearing the conversation. Here is part of the conversation: "And take these droids in the back and have their memory banks erased." "Erased?!" I think that's more than enough proof.


I think this is all proof enough to say that Fett is dead the their memories were wiped.
_________________
David 'official pest to the admins' Hunt
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I'm afraid I haven't quoted many because I get most of my information from online sources. SWDB isn't exactly known for citing each novel, game, and comic that the DB entries are drawn from. However, the one that does come to mind is Dark Empire II, in which Fett faces off against Solo (for the nth time). Now, if he's dead, he did a hell of a good job shooting Chewie. Wink
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Wow...Solo, you bring up a graphic novel/comic book. Haven't you been going on and on about how they AREN'T canon? I'm completely confused...
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 1361
Location: Pennsylvania

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Executous wrote:
Wow...Solo, you bring up a graphic novel/comic book. Haven't you been going on and on about how they AREN'T canon? I'm completely confused...


This graphic novel is based completely off of the filming script. All the frames and dialogue you see in the graphic novel appeared in some way, shape or form in the script/or were filmed. The only thing that may be different from the film itself is the inclusion of cut scenes.

However, anything that is different in the graphic novel from the film itself(most likely cut scenes) would not be considered canon.

With the example of Artoo and Threepio getting their memories wiped, I thought it would be worth pointing out since it did appear in the script at some point to be included in this graphic novel. But, if this scene is to be cut from the final film and not addressed at all, it would not be consiered canon and we would be back to square one - wondering whether the memory wipe did indeed happen.
_________________
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance




TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

If things that appeared in the script but did not make it to screen were considered, Coruscant wouldn't exist as we know it...
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ok, first off, Han, where did you get that interview? Was it online? If so, it's very well possible that it was made up, by someone that just wants Fett dead. Techinacly, unless its a .gov site, all infor on ANY internet site can be justified as false.

Quote:
Executous wrote:


Ah, but he ALWAYS recognizes R2...explain how after a whipe he'd even know him? His memory wasn't erased. Even when they're been seperated (I think R2 goes with Anakin for a time and 3PO goes with Leia) they still know eachother...

Assuming their memories WERE wiped, it seems like they were wiped at the same time. If so, the first thing 3PO would see is R2, wouldnt you recognize someone if they were the first person you saw, especially if you had a memory better than an elephant?


Quote:
[Executous wrote:
What you are all saying is true, yes. However, you fail to take into account that all novels, books, etc. MUST be approved by Lucas. No one can just write anything they want. It has to be liscensed. Therefore, Lucas approved the return of Boba

Exactly, Lucas can't just hire anyone to publish anything. And even if he did, and he didn't want Boba alive anymore, he could force the book to stop. Yes, he probably doesn't read the whole thing, but everyone probably has to give him a summary of the book, or else why not just have Pikachu run around Legolas on the Halo activation ring?

Quote:
Ams Jendob Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:23 pm Post subject:


I'm afraid I haven't quoted many because I get most of my information from online sources. SWDB isn't exactly known for citing each novel, game, and comic that the DB entries are drawn from. However, the one that does come to mind is Dark Empire II, in which Fett faces off against Solo (for the nth time). Now, if he's dead, he did a hell of a good job shooting Chewie.


Yeah, in fact there are more than just one book/comic that states Boba's still alive.

I forget who said it, but the one that made the little statement about Jango. Yeah, theres a difference between falling into a hollow sandune with a mouth, than having a lightsaber chop off your head. You know, incase you take a knife and thrust it into the sarlacc so you can break your fall and move up before it swallows you. You know, then again, I prefer walking around like the headless horseman. Oh especially since I'd definently be dead cause im about 40-50 and it happened a LONG TIME AGO.
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader
Site Admin/Faction Leader


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1224

 Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

If I remember, and this is just a shot in the dark and shouldn't be taken by all means too seriously since it comes from a game, does anybody remember HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic?

It seemed to me that everytime he finished an assignment, his memory wiped itself and with set parameters, the memory was restored. Couldn't the same principle, with a small twist, occur in at least one or both of the droids? Couldn't R2 have had some sort of back-up drive? It couldn't have all been erased, because he still held a message in his databanks to ask Obi Wann for help. Or, it was restored in some manner. This is just a personal insight, and based on odd things that probably don't matter enough to be considered right.

Quote:
If things that appeared in the script but did not make it to screen were considered, Coruscant wouldn't exist as we know it...


Neither would things from a lot of other movies. Just because it wasn't mentioned, doesn't mean it wasn't there. It's like a baby playing peek-a-boo. Studies show that once they can't see your face, they don't know it's there still. However, it doesn't mean it isn't actually there.
_________________
Admiral Swali Onca/Flag Officer, 1st Imperial Fleet







Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor



Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff




Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 1361
Location: Pennsylvania

 Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Ok, first off, Han, where did you get that interview? Was it online? If so, it's very well possible that it was made up, by someone that just wants Fett dead. Techinacly, unless its a .gov site, all infor on ANY internet site can be justified as false.


I mentioned in my post - it was found on the Official Site. I doubt they would post false things about Star Wars there. It's a pretty safe bet that the interview is indeed legit.
_________________
Commander in Chief Han Solo | Galactic Alliance




TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quote:
I mentioned in my post - it was found on the Official Site. I doubt they would post false things about Star Wars there. It's a pretty safe bet that the interview is indeed legit.


Ok, true. But theres still the issue of, what if someone implied something. Not only that, but ol' George is getting a lil cookoo I think, as Ams said, he brought us Jar Jar. Mabye he doesn't even know what he means...
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 1147
Location: Local Amish Community, PA, USA

 Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I don't think he died instantly..."slowly digested" in torment seems like the correct thing.
_________________
Admiral Nevin Antilles | Galactic Alliance

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Quote:
I mentioned in my post - it was found on the Official Site. I doubt they would post false things about Star Wars there. It's a pretty safe bet that the interview is indeed legit.


Ok, true. But theres still the issue of, what if someone implied something. Not only that, but ol' George is getting a lil cookoo I think, as Ams said, he brought us Jar Jar. Mabye he doesn't even know what he means...


The point remains. Star Wars is his. He can have the Teletubbies kill palpatine in EP III and it would be SW law. Whether the fans like what he has done to SW is irrelevant to the timeline. He has stated that Fett died.
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Good Lord... this is like debating communism versus capitalism with Nat.
(Cray is probably the only one who got that. Joke)
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quote:
Darth Zorn wrote:
The point remains. Star Wars is his. He can have the Teletubbies kill palpatine in EP III and it would be SW law. Whether the fans like what he has done to SW is irrelevant to the timeline. He has stated that Fett died.


I unfortunately have to admit your right. But still, can you prove that Lucas ACTUALLY said he meant Boba dead? Couldn't one of his underlings have misinterpretted it when they interviewed em?
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

It was on the official site... not unofficial ... OFFICIAL! Joke As such if he had been misquoted in anyway by an underling sh*t would have hit the fan and a correction posted.
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Mabye. Mabye Lucas doesnt give a crud. But really, many comics and books and others have Boba in em and they are after SWEP6 (including this rpg Wink ), and the ONLY thing that states hes dead is SWEP6
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

It should be noted this is an alternate timeline RPG. Wink
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Mabye. Mabye Lucas doesnt give a crud. But really, many comics and books and others have Boba in em and they are after SWEP6 (including this rpg Wink ), and the ONLY thing that states hes dead is SWEP6


And Lucas, and the official site....

As I said before Boba only "survived" in the EU because he has a fan base, which is proven since someone jumped on playing him here Joke
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 607
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Lol, the way it seems to come to be is that, to the fans, Boba is alive. To the "true" Star Wars timeline, he's dead. Confused
_________________
Galactic Empire
Imperial Security Bureau
Administrator Ravik Shadowstalker/Commandant of Imperial Security






If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

SPOILER WARNING!


SPOILER WARNING!


SPOILER WARNING!





Well, how about this. Lucas is going to connect Palpatine into the EU in ROTS by showing us that when he uses the Dark Side, it corrodes his body. The main story for him in the EU is that when his body becomes too degraded, he must use a clone and transport his life-essence into it. The simple fact that this ties Palpatine into the EU makes it possible that Boba could survive the Sarlacc.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

uh... no ... not in the least
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Come on, Zorn. You know that's not a debate response. If you want to negate what I said, then back it up. Simply saying, "un... no ... not in the least" won't cut it, bub.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

But a dissertation on Palpatine's physical degradation through use of the dark side, then saying because one aspect of EU is validated, therefore Fett is alive really doesn't make sense. I gotta back Zorn up, here.
But I still say Fett's kicking. The multitude of books, comics, games, etc, as well as the official Star Wars website, all back this up. And, Lucas only said he intended for Fett to die. He did not say "the books are wrong and Fett did die."
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ams Jendob wrote:
But a dissertation on Palpatine's physical degradation through use of the dark side, then saying because one aspect of EU is validated, therefore Fett is alive really doesn't make sense. I gotta back Zorn up, here.


Bingo. Its apples to oranges. Especially since it doesn't validate anything about the clone as well. For instance, just because we now know that it does degrade him physically, doesn't mean that the clone was validated either. All that was established was that it degrades his strength, that's all. It has nothing to do with the clone (even though it makes it more likely it doesn't make it any more/less true) and it has nothing to do with Fett (who unlike the clone was shown in the movie to die, and was commented by Lucas to have died)

Your "spoiler", even if true, has nothing to do with Fett, and though while related to the story of the clone, neither confirms nor denies that event occuring.

Apples to Oranges
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader
Site Admin/Faction Leader


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1224

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Um...Darth Zorn...is it just me or do you not even have a character? rofl
_________________
Admiral Swali Onca/Flag Officer, 1st Imperial Fleet







Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor



Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff




Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 4249
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Be nice. Joke
_________________

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment






RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Zorn
Member
Member


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 71
Location: PAGODA!!!

 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

me ... nice ... HA! Twisted Evil
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 423

 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Apples to Oranges? How'd we manage to bring fruit into this?

Zorn, you're a pot calling the kettle black. My example of Palpatine was only meant to show that it is possible for the movies to validate EU. It IS possible.

This will be the last thing I add to this debate because it's going nowhere...

One of the biggest movie rules out there is that if you never really see a character die, then it's safe to assume that they're not dead.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guest






 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Well Executous how much proof u want .We did see the dude get eaten by a sarlacc.Do you want to see Boba get ripped in half with a whole bunch of blood.I mean when the ewoks strangled those storm troopers I didn't see their face all I saw was their armor drop.Also Lucas was trying to keep the movie PG or he would've had the ewoks eat Han and Luke.
 Back to top »
Display posts from previous:   
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




All content and data are copyright © the SWVII CMAC Council unless otherwise noted by same.

SWVII Theme is based off the Solaris font. We claim no copyright, except on banner image[s].
Solaris phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson
Copyright © Jakob Persson 2003



Powered by CrayBB (modified phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group)