Sector Eight
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Sector Eight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Sector Eight

The small Imperial shuttle bearing High Admiral Nasatweed Tan docked at the small landing bay, and "click's" sounded as the Admiral descended the Landing Ramp.

This, of course, was the business section of the city-planet, and anything from dining, to ship-making services could be found here, along with everything in between.

Admiral Tan boarded the Shuttle again, waiting for the requested audience.

coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)
celebrate the might (Power!)

Nasatweed

Nawthos

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
never begins it, never, but once engaged...
never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

86000 credits
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Onboard the Akula, which, still engaged in combat above the skies of Brentaal, sat Admiral Serin at his desk. He had spent the morning overseeing the repairs to the ship's power systems. Captain Pall, having successfully maneuvering the ship to the far said of Brentaal, was now technically in command while Nubis attended to other matters.

He had recieved and invitation, via datapad, to chat with High Admiral Tan of Imperial Internal Defenses. Nubis was honored to get such an invitation from a distinguished officer in the Imperial inner circles. Rather, he was elated.

Nubis looked at his desk comm panel and keyed a few buttons. The speakers hummed and hissed to life with the crackle of spacial void. The noise continued for a few moments before it finally subsided.

"Admiral Tan, this is Vice Admiral Nubis Serin of the Akula. Thank you for the invitation, sir. I'm excited to hear what you summoned me for."

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:

"Admiral Serin, thank you for taking the time to contact me. How fares Brentaal?"

Nasatweed began. He found it was better to prelude one's..topic..as it were, with small "talk", if you will. Building up, one might say.

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Nubis was puzzeled for the moment, as it was not customary to question one's orders or situation outside of any operation. However, Nubis remember with whom he was speaking and quickly answered the Admiral's question to the best of his ability.

"Admiral," he said, "the situation at Brentaal is stable for the moment, sir. Reinforcements have arrived to lessen the Akula's role and take her out of needless danger for the time being. My executive officer, Captain Pall, is in command of the situation and is currently at command on the bridge. I have sent his personnel docket to your datapad, Admiral. I'm sure you'd be interested in getting to know such a capable officer."

Nubis looked up and at a viewscreen on the wall which showed a view of space, simulating a viewport. He just just barely make out some of the lights on Brentaal's surface, for having moved to the far side, had plunged the ship in darkness for the time-being.

He looked back down at the comm panel waiting for the Admiral's response. He was more curious now, than excited.

Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:

"I would like to commend you on your excellent work at Brentaal, as well as your initiative, in sending information."

Tan nodded once, before continuing,

"I'm sure you're curious as to the nature of this audience I've requested. I would like to ask you a...fairly personal question. One that I have asked myself, most especially today.

What does the Empire mean to you, Admiral?'

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:

Nubis was understandably taken aback by the Admiral's question, one which he had not seen comming at all. Though he did not understand the nature of the Admiral's intentions, he was certainly prepared to answer as requested.

"Admiral, the Empire is the embodiment of order and justice. To me, there is no more honorable or fair cause in the galaxy. The Emprie is everything I have. I was welcomed with open arms and given bypass through Imperial education and right into my own command. No person has more to give back to the Empire than myself, Admiral. I live for this great Empire."

Nubis reflected quickly on what he had just told the Admiral. He had not thought about this before. Certainly the Admiral wanted more than an answer to this question.

Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Admiral Tan nodded, his eyes lost, as if mulling over the answer the Vice Admiral had given.

"Hmm.. I agree with you. Tell me, Vice Admiral, are you prepared to give your life, everything the Empire has given you, for this cause? If asked to lay down your beating heart, for the wishes of the Emperor, would you comply?"

Nasatweed, chuckled,

"Forgive me if I seem rather...zealous... Admiral. It is a trait I picked up recently..after a small brush with death. I'm sure you must be disbelieving that I would call you, during a battle, for such a trivial matter alone, and in this, you are correct. I am currently tied up here, in Coruscant, attending to Imperial Defense. I would like you to be my eyes and ears of the Galaxy."

A slow smile spread across Nasatweed's face, before he continued,

"I am rarely able to leave my post, and when I do, I am usually called back within the hour. As such, I am not able to get to the outer reaches of the Galaxy. In such, my knowledge is limited. And the one thing I've learned is that your information should be as up-to-date as possible. I cannot trust the HoloNet, that is too easily tampered with, and, despite what the Emperor, or even the Moffs, have to say about it, I still don't trust the Rebels."

The High Admiral now awaited a response.

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Nubis sat back in his chair speechless. Did the High Admiral actually just ask him this honor? Nubis Serin? To think that he was being called upon by High Admiral Tan boggled his mind.

"Admiral," he said at last, "I would be honored to accept this duty. However, sir, I am unsure as to how this would affect my command of the Akula. I recieve my orders from Naval Command, not Internal Affairs. How could this work?"

Nubis' eyes darted around the room, as if searching for the Admiral's response.

Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Admiral Tan nodded, steepling his fingers, and smiling.

"Ah, this will not affect any standing orders, or any orders to come. I'm sure that, working as you do, you have contacts, who give you information. Fringe contacts, the HoloNet. And, as any good Admiral, you either piece this together yourself, or have another piece it together for you. As such, I would, in turn, like to receive a report, of your information. So that I might garner from it information, which could be used to aid the Empire in Her defense. With information as I'm sure you garner from your contacts, the Empire could rise again, overthrowing the pitiful Rebels, and taking hold once more. It is before us, Admiral, and that duty lies with us, to see that this task is accomplished."

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Nasatweed turned to the lieutenant that sat next to him,

"Open up another transmission. I wish to speak to Supreme Moff Jendob."

The man set about opening up the comm, and, soon enough, it was set up, prepared to receive the Admiral's message.

Nasatweed turned to this other screen, as he awaited Admiral Serin's response,

"Supreme Moff, excuse me, if you will, the suddenness, and the brevity. I would like to begin construction on a new starfighter I have pulled together, from reading through tactical submissions. I have the deckplans with me currently, and only need your approval, and funding. If you would be so kind as to aid me in that area, I would be eternally grateful. I only plan to make five of these, and I don't expect the cost to run over 40,000 for each. With these test subjects, perhaps the Internal Affairs' jobs would become smoother, more efficient. With the information I've gathered so far, these fighters would outdo any we currently have. So, if you will, Moff, think over this proposal. For the Empire,

Tan out."

Nodding to the lieutenant, the High Admiral turned again to the other Admiral, waiting again.

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject:

Nubis sat for what seemed like forever, thinking. Thinking about the High Admiral's offer and how it would affect the rest of his career with the Imperial Navy. He sat back in his chair, took a peak at the viewscreen showing the far side of Brentaal, and then looked at the comm panel. With a slight jerk, he leaned back in to speak to the Admiral.

"Sir," he said at last, "it would be my honor to serve the Empire in such a fashion. However, I must tell you, Admiral, that the moment that this duty affects my ability to command this ship, I will be forced to terminate any such responsibilities. This ship comes first, Admiral. This is my commission and I'll see to it that I carry out my assignment faithfully."

Now all that remained for Nubis was the Admiral's response.

Back to top »
Nasatweed Tan
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

"Of course, Vice Admiral. When your battle is finished, and your ship is no longer in jeopardy, if you still wish the task, call me once more. I would like to thank you for your cooperation, and your willingness to aid me in this task."

Nasatweed smiled grimly, his hand resting on the "--End Comm--" button.

"I wish you luck, Admiral. For the Glory of the Empire,

--Tan Out."

The High Admiral pushed the "--End Comm--" button, and the Vice Admiral's shaky image vanished, replaced by a bulkhead.

"Back to my office, Lieutenant."

Small Imperial Shuttle, #36462 is now back at Nasatweed's Office.

Nasatweed

Nawthos

86000 credits
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Sector Eight
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: