Office 41221B-2 (Imperial Palace)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Office 41221B-2 (Imperial Palace)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:

The three of us went into my office. My head was starting to hurt.
Damn politics... I thought, plopping down in my chair.
I rubbed the sides of my head a little, then looked up at Solo and the Wookiee. "Uh, yeah. Sit down, make yourselves comfortable."
The two stood anyway.
He gets off on annoying people, doesn't he?
"First things first," I said, reaching into my pocket and pulling out three coins, each worth fifty credits. "These are yours. Our little bar bet." A thin smile crossed my lips.
I pushed them to Solo. "And secondly, you didn't seem to mind a treaty when you were interrogating me. Why the change of heart?" I asked in a slightly accusing tone.

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:

The silvery coins reflected in the overhead lighting as the bird woman pushed them across her desk toward him. Han eyed them carefully for a few moments. Was this just a ploy to get him to agree with this whole thing? He hadn't really expected her to come through with their little bet. Han couldn't think of any other reason than to try and be friends to make this treaty work. Heh...like that was possible.

Han slowly moved his gaze back up to the Imp's face. "If this is just to get me to agree, forget it." Although he had said one thing, Han still scooped the credits up into his hand and shoved them into his pocket anyway.

"I've done some thinkin' about this treaty," he continued, lowering his hand once again to his side. "And I came to the conclusion that I don't trust you and it'll ultimately fail. So why waste our time?"

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:

To make him agree? Did he think I was bribing him?!
Bastard... that Wookiee's the only thing stopping me from putting my foot up your ass.
"It's not to 'make you agree,'" I scowled. "It's because I owed it to you. You won the bet, so there's your money. I don't stoop to bribes.
"As for the treaty, if it's going to work, we have to learn to trust each other. Not right away, obviously. But soon."
I leaned forward, looking right into his hazel eyes. "And it's not a waste of time. Unless you want your kids to grow up knowing only how to kill people. I know what that's like. And I'll be damned if my kids have to go through it because you're a stubborn jackass who's stuck in the past."

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Leaning forward as well and placing his hands firmly on the desk, Han glared down at Hol. "If it means my kids will grow up learning how to kill stuck-up, winged dictators like you - I'd gladly teach 'em the ropes," he spat into her face before pushing back up to his full height.

"And stubborn jackass?" Han actually smirked at this comment. "I like your choice of words - really, I do. Just proves my point further 'bout this whole thing." He tapped the Wookiee on the arm before moving toward the door. "C'mon, Chewie."

A short woof issued from the Wookiee's mouth as he cocked his head in Han's direction. Then slowly, he shook it in a negative gesture.

Han stopped in mid-stride just short of the door and stared at Chewie for a fraction of a second. His expression turned once again to a scowel. "Fine! Then stay here, you stupid oaf! I don't care!"

With that, Han slapped the doorpad and disappeared back into the hallway, leaving the confused Wookiee alone with Hol.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject:

I watched in surprise as Solo walked out. It was like he wanted to be at war. Even more unusual was that his companion, Chewbacca, stayed. I would've thought a Wookiee would have more reasons to hate the Empire than Solo. Hell, it was no secret what we used to do.
"So, uh, Chewbacca," I began uneasily, knowing nothing of the Wookiee language, or even the significance of a change his expression. For all I knew, just my talking to him would make him want to tear my wings off. "Is he usually like that?"

Back to top »
Chewbacca the Wookiee

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject:

Slowly, but surely, Chewie moved his shaggy head to face the bird-like woman when she had uttered his name. He sniffed the air like a canine before moving his piercing and very human-like blue eyes up and down her frame, taking her in - studying her.

Sensing no imminent danger, Chewie began to speak. {"Yes, Han can be very difficult sometimes and I feel as if I need to keep him on a leash."} His usual moans and growls paused here and took on a different tone as he chuckled to himself slightly. {"Forgive me,"} he woofed, regaining his composure before continuing. {"If he will not do so, I apologize for my cub's behavior."}
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject:

I looked in bewilderment at the Wookiee. Whatever he said amused him slightly, but beyond that....
"I have no idea what you just said," I admitted. "Wait!"
I ran through a few menus on the computer terminal, and executed the right program. It accessed a small recording device that had captured Chewbacca's comment. It relayed the translation, and I chuckled.
"He does need a leash. If I may say so, you're a lot more open-minded to this than I expected."

Back to top »
Chewbacca the Wookiee

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject:

The Wookiee simply sat in silence for a moment as the strange bird woman began to search through some files on her desk. This particular creature fascinated him. Not only was she a female and fairly high up in the Imperial ranks, but she was not human. How, exactly, did she climb so high up the Imperial ladder?

Suddenly, the woman began to chuckle, prompting Chewie to growl quietly to himself.

"He does need a leash."

A toothy grin, or the Wookiee equivelant of a grin, spread over his hairy face at the woman's comment. At least they agreed on something. She continued to speak.

"If I may say so, you're a lot more open-minded to this than I expected."

Crossing his arms over his broad chest, Chewie began to woof again in his native tongue. {"I put up with your oppression for years - decades even. This decision was not an easy one to make. But ultimately, it may be for the better of the galaxy and my people."}
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject:

I suppressed a wince as I read the translation of the Wookiee's speech. Not "the Empire's oppresion," but "your oppression."
I couldn't blame him. I knew what the Empire had done, especially to the Wookiees. There was no hiding that fact, both Ams and I knew it. It was an ugly scar, one most people would prefer to cover. But doing so would be like denying the sun rose over Coruscant... even if the myriad defenses in orbit were starting to cause problems with that.
I gave the Wookiee a solemn nod. Despite his shaggy exterior, his had certain noble air about him. I almost felt I could trust him.
But I hadn't taken Solo and Chewbacca in here to talk. It was to get that reckless Corellian the hell away from Ams.
"Chewbacca, I need your help with someth--," I began, but the com line cut me off.
"Secure transmission on channel 1138."
"Excuse me," I said, and put the small comlink to my ear.
"Ma'am, a delegation has arrived from..."
I froze for a moment as the officer mentioned the planet, then stood. The Wookiee's piercing blue eyes followed me.
"Uh, come with me."
After all, ally or no, I was not leaving Chewbacca unattended and unguarded.

Back to top »
Chewbacca the Wookiee

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject:

A small pang of dread surfaced at the back of the Wookiee's mind. Something was wrong in just the way the bird woman was moving about - Chewie could read her body posture like a holobook. He could tell she was nervous just the way she continued to shift about as she took the call.

And then she stood. Chewie woofed something under his breath and kept his eyes plastered on her, watching her every move.

"Uh, come with me."

And now the situation got stranger still. Chewie narrowed his eyes unsure of her dealings, but obliged to her command. He began to follow her toward the door.

{"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is going on?"}
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I caught a glimpse of the computer screen as the big Wookiee woofed interrogatively.
"We're meeting someone. A friend, actually," I smiled, trying to ease the giant's nervousness. "It's okay."
I'm going to need to understand him on the way.
I selected a datapad from the pile, and downloaded the translation algorithm into it.
"Let's go."

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Office 41221B-2 (Imperial Palace)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: