Rebel Base - Medical Center (Room 104)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Medical Center (Room 104)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Rebel Base - Medical Center (Room 104)

Nevin slowly drifted back into self-awareness. Am I alive? was his first thought after realizing how bad he felt. He concluded that if he weren’t alive, he probably wouldn’t be feeling pain at all. Antilles wanted to open his eyes to confirm it, but every muscle that controlled anything on his face hurt as if he had a bad dance with a durasteel bat.

He tensed his jaw muscle slightly, making sure if he could move anything. Fortunately, he didn’t feel any bones crunching; a good sign. Then again, the pain flooding into his nerves was a bit distracting, to say the least.

Doing a similar test on his arm, he did feel something, like a lead weight pulling down on his bones. It was broken. He sighed slightly, relaxing his shoulders and resting against the….well, whatever he was laying on.

Obviously, his movement prompted someone in the room to approach him. Nevin could almost feel the presence, and then he could hear metal against metal. Footsteps. He finally opened his eyes, the throbbing pain of the surrounding tissue scrambling his vision for a few seconds. All he saw was a bright light. Don’t tell me I’m blind, He mentally pleaded, then realized it was a glowlamp above where he was lying. Antilles used his good arm to push the upper half of his body up somewhat, surveying the room he was in.

Some monitors, more glowlamps and other people outside the room. A line was falling from one of the monitors and penetrating the skin on his broken arm, and a droid of some sort was walking towards him. A medical bay, an IV and a medical droid….but nothing Imperial.

“Sir,” The automaton’s electronic voice announced. “Please lie down, you are not fit for operation.” It said as it put a cold hand against the bare skin on his chest, pushing him back down.

“Ugh,” Nevin said as he lay back on the bed, wincing slightly. “I-I’m fine, I’ll hea—“

“Sir, please, you are not well,” The droid cut him off.

Ignoring the droid, he reached across himself and pulled out the needle stuck in his flesh. Suppressing a cringe from the pain of even touching the arm, he rested once again on the bed.

“Sir!”

“S-shut up,” Nevin muttered. “J-just tell me how ba—bad.”

“You shouldn’t be talk—“

“Tell me!” He said, hoarsly.

“Fine,” The droid conceded. “You received a mild concussion. You have recovered from that, though some flesh is still healing. Your radius was fractured and we had to insert some healing agents, they will be removed when the bones have meshed, various other parts of your body were bruised slightly and the…”

Nevin’s mind wandered as the droid spouted off its and decided to just look for himself. He had a few bacta patches attached to his arm and stomach, but he didn’t doubt he’d heal up fine. Physically, anyway.

“…blade did quite a number on your shoulder, it may not ever fully heal, but we’ve done our best and you should regain normal motor function within a few days,”

“Thanks,” He muttered and closed his eyes again, breathing deeply. “What happened to the Imperials?”

“Why, I believe they left, sir,” The droid responded. “Now, please, rest.”

Nevin lifted his upper lip in a sneer, but complied, letting himself loosen up once more.

This didn’t bring the end he hoped, he admitted. His hope was that the bastard was hurt as much as he, himself, was. Nevin wished that at least Jendob would have admitted what he had done, but the honorless vornskyr couldn’t even do that. Consequentially, Nevin knew he could never have his future in the Empire after that encounter. Actually, he didn’t even want to have his future in the Empire after that encounter…

…maybe fate led him here to combat that evil.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

Maybe it was the will of the gods or some other supernatural force - but something had led her here. Something was compelling Salla to head to the medcenter after her scheduled shift.

Out of breath from the hike outside to the inner walls of the medcenter itself, Salla pushed her way through the entry doors and stopped. Medics, droids and nurses were everywhere and Salla, not having any real sense of direction, had no clue what she was looking for or where to go.

Stepping cautiously into the hectic fray of medics, Salla began to head down the main corridor, searching. No, not searching...she was being led to a specific place. That same force was leading her onward again.

She passed by various patients in all states of health before stopping before a particular room. The door was closed, but the force told Salla to go inside - to see what was beyond the door.

Reaching outward, Salla hit the pad located to the immediate right of the door. There was a slight hiss and it opened. She moved into the room beyond.

Glancing around, her eyes were immediately diverted toward the bed on the far side of the room. A medical droid was crouched over it and laying upon the bed itself was a familar form.

Salla audiably gasped and charged toward the bed, ignoring the irritated warnings from the droid to leave the room. In fact, even if she wanted to hear them, her mind would not have registered them for she only had one thing on her mind at the moment...

"Nevin!" she shouted before bending over at his bedside.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject:

Just as he was falling asleep, a shrill voice banged off the walls inside his head. A groan in his mind, he opened his eyes and pushed himself up, trying to think who would be looking for him.

Then he stopped. Seeing the face looking down on him, Nevin suddenly felt strange. He didn’t know if it was because he was surprised at seeing her, that it was strange to think she cared enough to come in here, or that he was without a shirt in front of her.

It was insane to believe she’d brought food to him and Nevin was relieved when he found out she hadn’t. A sympathy visit, perha—Antilles stopped thinking sarcastic things about her. It was possible she was here for him, but it was improbable. Especially after what had happened hours, or maybe even days, before, Antilles doubted he could trust anyone.

“Uh, S—“ He stuttered, both shock and pain coming through his voice. “S-salla?”

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Last edited by on Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject:

He stirred then his eyes fluttered open. Something then issued from his mouth that sounded awfully like her name. Smilling slightly at the thought of him even remembering her name, Salla raised her index finger to her mouth to silence him.

"Y-yes," she stuttered quietly. "It's me." Her eyes examined his bruised face then traveled down his neck then downward still before stopping on the exposed flesh of his chest. Her smile broadened until she thought her cheeks would split. He was handsome. There was no reason to deny that now.

Quickly flicking her eyes back up to his face so that he wouldn't get suspicious, Salla gingerly outstretched her hand toward his jaw. It was rough with the growth of several days worth of stubble, yet it felt good beneath her fingertips. It lighted a certain sensation which started within those very fingertips and rose upward toward her chest and heart.

"W-what happened?" she stuttered once again, trying her best to keep the shakiness out of her voice.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:

He closed his eyes at her soft, comforting touch. Even though she was touching an area that had received much trauma, he didn't care. The injured man was actually surprised that he didn't.

Nevin's mind was trying to solve that very equation: why was she here? It didn't matter, he decided. What mattered is that she was here, obviously trying to help him.

"Do-doesn't matter," He responded brokenly. He opened his eyes again and looked straight up at her. "W-why are you...?"

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

"Here?" she finished the sentence for him. In light of everything else, that was indeed a good question. Why was she here?

Salla thought she knew the answer to that question, but she wasn't prepared to face the truth just yet. Instead, she continued to massage the strong outline of his jaw very lightly. "I had to see you. Afterall," she added with a smile. "I got accustomed to delivering your food everyday."

Okay, maybe it wasn't the greatest idea in the galaxy to bring up his imprisonment right now - especially in his condition. Quickly regretting the words that slipped out of her mouth, she tried once more to ask the question that was plaguing her mind.

"So," she started carefully. "You never said what happened. You look like you were caught in the middle of a bantha herd."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject:

Smirking as far as he could without tempting pain, he continued watching her, pondering her question. Nevin didn't want to even think about Ams anymore. He didn't want to recall that from his memory. The only thing that he wanted to do regarding Ams was kill him. But considering his current condition, the recovering man figured that he wouldn't get out of the door before succumbing.

"As-ask me later," He finally said. Nevin continued to study her eyes as she moved her fingers lightly across his jaw. "Don-don't worry," The Mantellian assured. "I've come b-back from worse," As he said that, Nevin began to reevaluate the statement. It was hardly the first time he had struggled at the edge of a vibroblade, but perhaps the only time it was in such close quarters. Stop making excuses...

"Uh," He looked toward her other hand, then back up into her face. "You did-didn't bring food, b-by the w-way," Nevin joked.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Later... For some reason, Salla didn't buy that answer. She knew something was bothering him and it was more serious then he was letting on. In a way, it bothered her as well - that he still didn't completely trust...

No, not again...he has no reason to trust her. Why would she even think something like that?

Salla sighed, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "No, no food today," she said half serious. She managed to crack a small smile but it disappeared almost as soon as it appeared.

She needed to know...and no more excuses...

"Nevin," she said, moving her hand down away from his jaw to touch his shoulder lightly. "C-can you please tell me what happened? I--I" she stumbled over her next words, unsure how to say them. Or, if she could say them. "I---want to help you."

There, it was done.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject:

"He-help me?" He asked as he felt her hand make contact with his heavily bruised shoulder. Despite the pain that he felt, it was reassuring to feel her soft skin on the area. Though it was getting hard to bear. "How?"

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject:

And that was yet another good question. Maybe she should take a time out and actually think before speaking next time. Maybe then he would stop answering her questions with more questions.

Salla sighed and removed her hand from his shoulder. He appeared to still be in much pain and she didn't want to add to it. "How?" she repeated it one more time to allow herself time to collect her thoughts and come up with a final answer. "Well, for one, I'm here for you. And I want to try and assist as much as I can."

Why did it sound like she was talking to a small child who was about to try something new for the first time? She grimaced and brushed away the thought.

"So," she continued on, a smile now replacing the grimace. "What do you say to that?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Antilles studied her for a moment. What was she even implying? He didn't know. He decided to go along with it for now. Hopefully it would be beneficial.

He nodded slightly.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Her smile quickly disappeared. Okay...that wasn't exactly the reaction Salla was looking for from him. But at least he agreed.

Getting to her feet, she grabbed a chair that was leaning against the wall and pulled it up to the bed and sat down. "So, now that we got that out of the way," she said with a smirk. "Now can you tell me what happened?"

She knew she shouldn't be pressing him like this, but the reason he was in the medical center kept nagging at the back of her mind. She had to know.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

Still watching her, he propped himself up a bit on the pillows of the bed. He was at least suspicioius of her motives, but something drew him towards her. Nevin couldn't place it, he wanted to be around her. Maybe it was just the concussion.

"I got attacked," He muttered. "By an Imperial coming to kill me."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject:

Antilles found himself confused and disoriented. Salla was no longer there, and the position of various things in the room was different. It wasn't long before he realized he had fallen asleep.

Mentally kicking himself, he rolled over into a more comfortable position, as if there could be one on the stiff bed. He was getting his strength back, he could feel it. The bacta patches had been removed from his body, and he could move his arm again, albeit with considerable pain. In a tribute to the miracles of modern medicine, Antilles began to push himself up.

Now, with the absence of Salla, he was forced to think about his future with the Alliance. Unfortunately, all he could think about was just that: the absence of Salla. He tried to stop himself from feeling that way about her, what with the little matter of his fiancée being shot to death a few weeks before. With this new presence in his life, he was already beginning to question, subconsciously, if Kara and he ever really had a future, and whether it was just a lie. Nevin voluntarily knew that the fact of the matter was that he loved Kara, but that couldn’t silence the musings of his conscience. It made him feel guilty.

There was clearly no denying that the woman had something for the young man as well. She was sympathetic to him, to say the least - a little insane to say the most. Either way, as Nevin recalled the feeling of her hands sliding down his chest and her fingers moving tenderly across his jaw, he couldn’t to begin to refute his attraction to the woman.

This was wrong, he thought. Nevin didn’t want to feel like this again. He wanted to cling to Kara for as long as he could. Unfortunately, he found himself contradicting those beliefs. He didn’t know what to think.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject:

Sighing to himself, Antilles folded his hands behind his head. He was hungry, but something told him he wasn't going to get it - he was informed by the medical droid that he was not to leave this medical center. He was given clothes and a meal, but the latter looked like something that was worse than the food they had served him in prison.

As for the clothes, it looked like merely a shirt and pants that had been found lying somewhere around the base. However, the simple attire was definately better and cleaner than what he had before, not like it mattered to him.

Wearing the pants, he was about to pull on the shirt when a woman entered the room.

Nevin studied her for a minute then pulled the shirt over his head. "Come to try the veal?" He mumbled, gesturing to the cold food lying on a table.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Tanya smiled at the man, “just leave it outside for a few minutes… toasty.” She replied.
Haines walked up to the man who was still struggling to put his shirt on, “usually one puts their body through the largest hole then the head through the top and their arms in the sleeves.”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Antilles glared at her slightly as he finished putting it on. "How bold," He said, smirking again. He moved back over to the bed and sat down on it. "What do you want? Can I leave this room now?"

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:

“Well that depends,” Tanya returned the smirk, “are you going to go beating up more Imperial Moffs that come to find peace?”
Tanya clicked sharply and an orderly rushed over with a chair that Tanya sat on.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject:

"That depends on how you want me to answer that," Nevin retorted sarcastically, watching her as she sat. "I had my reasons for that,"

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject:

“So I understand,” Tanya replied, “I also understand that you have decided to no longer be in the empire. Is this true?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Antilles eyed the woman. He didn't know her motives. What surprised himself more was that he had no desire to harm her. He didn't know where this conversation was going, but he could guess. And he liked the guess.

He simply nodded. "That's right," Nevin said.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Tanya had guessed that he had guessed as to her true reason for being here, “well no point in beating round the bush.” Tanya smiled, “the New Republic wants you.” Tanya quickly added, “so does Salla by the way.”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Antilles quickly raised his eyebrows. He could only imagine the woman skipping around the base and shouting out her feelings to everyone. Pushing that thought out of his mind quickly, he drew his attention back to Tanya. "Should I be honored?" He said, hiding his true ambition to accept the woman's offer.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:

“You could be dead,” Tanya responded thoughtfully, “you would be if we didn’t treat you. Do you think we would do that to someone we still believed to be an enemy?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

"Well, I wouldn't have died," He said arrogantly. It gave him enough time to think about what she actually told him. Perhaps she was right. An enemy would want someone in his position to die. Still, the years of proproganda against the Alliance made him hesitant. "But I guess you're right..."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject:

"So, Mr Antilles,” Tanya said, “what will it be?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

He watched her, staying quiet for awhile. "Yeah, why not." He blurted out quickly.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Tanya raised an eyebrow, “I appreciate your… forwardness in this matter Mr Antilles. When General Solo has finished his negotiations he will come and see you to talk more about you joining the New Republic.”
With that she stood up and left.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject:

As he watched her leave the room, he wasn't sure what to do. He should probably have been happy, but he still felt emptiness inside of him. Joining the Alliance was an interesting prospect, but fighting against something that had given him salvation for many years was disturbing to the young man. One thing he did realize, though, was that he was fighting against murderers, liars and cowards. Only people as such could put him through this. Not just him, either; there were countless others who had everyone they love blown away by the Empire.

Nevin Antilles, member of the Rebel Alliance, never thought he would be one of them. He stood and walked out of the medical center.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Rebel Base - Medical Center (Room 104)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: