Battlesystem
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Battlesystem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should the battlesystem in SWVII be?
CMAC Moderated-chat
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
CMAC Moderated-forum
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
[Revised] Automated Battlesystem
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Other (please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Battlesystem

Due to concerns I and some other admins have been hearing regarding the recent change from automated battlesystem to CMAC chat moderation system, we've agreed to reexamine the current system.

For now, we are going to do it as such:

Users will post much as they did in the automated battlesystem. They will give orders to all their ships. The other person engaged in battle will post his orders as well, exactly like the last battlesystem. However, instead of doing a dice roll, the CMAC will discuss WITH THEMSELVES the outcome of the turn. Then, as before, battle results and damages will be distributed accordingly and the process will repeat.

However, we still want your thoughts on the matter, so I'm going to compile a list of other options we were considering. Reference the below section and then cast your vote, please.

CMAC Moderated-chat: Participants in a battle meet in an MSN chat and RP the battle amongst themselves. 1/2 of the CMAC will observe them and tell them the appropriate damages, then the users will post on the forums when the outcome has been decided

CMAC Moderated-forum: Users will post their orders on the forum as in the automated battlesystem. After both users have posted, the CMAC will meet to calculate the losses. This is considered to be a better alternative to the dice since it would allow for strategy instead of randomness.

[Revised] Automated Battlesystem (Dice): Users will post their orders on the forum. When both users have posted, the battlemaster will roll dice deciding the number of attacks that hit the target and the damages inflicted. This system is considered by many to be unfair due to its very nature, but ensures unbiasness.

Other: Please give your own suggestion.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Also, may I remind you that you can ONLY VOTE ONCE. Don't use different accounts, because we'll know you're trying to cheat. Wink

EDIT: And moved to Announcements since people don't seem to check the suggestions forum.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject:

Good thinking... even though it confused the hell out of me. Joke

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Battlesystem
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: