Housing Unit 1138
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Housing Unit 1138
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles collapsed into his bed within his personal quarters, tired from the day’s work. He had so much on his mind from the past week, especially with Kara T’tol. He never would have suspected it would go this way for him, particularly maybe even having a relationship.

His thoughts were interrupted by the beep coming from the computer console. He moaned and got up, making his way over to the technological instrument.

The moff flipped on the screen, the bright light forcing his eyes to adjust. He let his eyes sift through the lines of text displayed.

Great, he thought. More work. Transferring the data from the console to his datapad, he worked his way back over to the bed. He set it down on the quilt and ran a hand over his face. Sometimes he wished he didn’t have to worry about the responsibility of a desk job and just to get involved with some action, for once. It wouldn’t have been the first time to be in combat; he was no coward.

But apparently, the Empire had better use for him here…unfortunately. He sighed quietly and lie back down on the bed. Reaching over a bit, he felt the metallic shape of the datapad.

But, he decided not to work on it that night. He instead just closed his eyes.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Kara T'Tol

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Kara T'Tol walked up to the front door and knocked. Her strawberry-blonde hair blew around slightly in the gentle wind.

Inside, Moff Nevin Antilles--commandant of the Imperial Security Bureau--was jolted awake by the pounding at his door. He rolled off the couch he fell asleep on. There was another series of bangs before he reached the door and opened it.
"Hi, Nevin," said the smiling green-eyed blonde on the other side. Nevin's heart skipped a beat as he looked at Kara.
"Uh," he stuttered, then smiled, suddenly filled with confidence. "Hey."
Kara looked up at him. "Can I come in?"
"Yeah, um, sure."
Kara smiled even wider, and gave Antilles a peck on the cheek as she walked in.
He's so... She began to think, but was unable to find the word.
Nevin closed the door after her. "So, what are you here for?"
"Huh?" the blonde asked, a bit taken off-guard by the young man's brusque manner. "Um, just to talk to someone, I guess."
"About?"
"I, uh..." The girl drew a blank. What did she want to talk about? "Just about stuff."
Nevin, satisfied with her answered, replied with a slow nod. Kara sat down in a nearby chair. She took a deep breath, and finally, was able to voice one of the myriad thoughts swirling around her head.
"I guess I also want to thank you."
Nevin's eyebrow came up. "Thank me?"
Kara looked into the moff's azure-hued eyes. "For everything. Getting me off of Kessel, protecting me, helping me regain my freedom," her voice began to break and trail off.
Antilles waved his hand, as if to swat her words from the air. "There's nothing to thank."
"Yes, there is," T'Tol said firmly. "Nevin, you're probably the first person who actually gave a damn about me since my father. And..." She trailed off again, trying to work up the courage to say the next sentence.
"Forget it, Kara," Nevin replied, shaking his head.
At that moment, something clicked inside the heart and mind of Kara T'Tol. She began to speak again, hesistant but sincere. "I think I'm starting to care about you," she said, looking down at the carpet. She finally brought her jade-colored orbs to meet his sapphire ones.
"Uh," was the tongue-tied Mantellian's only response.
I love you, Nevin, Kara thought. Such simple words. Why can't I just say them?!
"You want something to drink?" Nevin asked.
Yeah, a drink. That'll help calm my nerves... "Sure."
Nevin called to her, "What do you want?"
"You," Kara said automatically under her breath. "Um, what do you have?" she called back.
"Beer."
"That's fine."
Nevin nodded to her and opened the refrigerator. As he did so, terrible realization dawned on the young blonde girl. Oh, shit. Did I say "you" out loud? I hope he didn't hear me...
Meanwhile, Nevin sensed something was wrong. She's hiding something.
When he wasn't looking, Kara wiped a few droplets of nervous sweat from her brow. She turned around in time to see a can flying through the air, tossed to her by Nevin. She plucked it from the air, fumbled it, then regained control. "Um, thanks."
Nevin nodded. Kara popped her can open, and drained the contents in several large gulps. Behind her, she heard the snap-hiss of Nevin opening a can for himself.
"Nice place you have here," she complimented. Then, sardonically, she added, "Beats the shit out of the hole in the wall I was stuck in."
Antilles laughed, barely managing to swallow the mouthful of beer before he did so.
"And thanks for getting me out of that damned restaurant," she said.
Nevin laughed again. Kara smirked as she asked him, "Are you and that scumbag really friends?"
"Yeah. Find it hard to believe?"
Kara gave him an odd look. "Why would you make friends with someone who tortures people for fun?"
"Kara, he's really not like that."
She just grunted. "And what did he mean by 'how are things going between us?'"
Nevin was caught off-guard. "Uh, I don't know."
"I saw the look you gave him."
"You wanted him to talk about us? I find that hard to believe."
So, there is an "us," Kara thought happily. But she buried it down, just in case her luck was as usual and she was totally wrong. Granted, she had gone into the shower with Nevin at the Imperial Palace, but it wasn't as if they had made love. And even if they had, she wasn't sure if it wouldn't have been a one-night stand. Then worry doubled as she realized Jendob shouldn't even know about her and Nevin.
"You told him?"
"No," Nevin reassured her.
Kara smiled. "Okay, I believe you."
Her gaze slowly drifted to his blue eyes.
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject:

Nevin swallowed, nervously looking back into the sparkling eyes. He wasn’t sure of what he felt…he didn’t know if Kara was feeling the same way, but he liked it in an addictive way. The suspense. Yet…it also scared him mildly.

Uncertainty about his future from this point on, whether or not he was going to pursue this relationship or not. Whether or not he was willing to put him self out on the line again.

Taking the chance of getting hurt again.

But for the time being, the eager young woman was staring into his eyes…and had been for awhile. “What?”

“I, um…” She began, then flickered her eyes away. “Nothing.” The woman bit her lip and leaned away from Antilles. Her mind struggled to control her tongue from uttering her feelings. Kara knew it was completely useless to resist Antilles, but how could she tell this to him?

“You’re hiding something,” Nevin probed.

She stammered over her words, trying desperately to maintain control.

But she couldn’t hold back anymore. She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around the man’s neck, and pressing her lips against his. Here you go again, Kara, putting yourself out into the Unknown Regions.

Antilles, fell back onto the couch from the sheer force of the woman, whom was now pressing her body against him. Nevin found himself returning it, eager to take the opportunity to show his affection. He still found himself battling doubt with a long-term relationship…but all of it washed away.

He continued the embrace until the other broke it off, half-catching her breath. “Nevin,” She began between inhale and exhale. “I-I love you,”

The stunned man gazed upon her. Love? Nevin had considered it, but never had till this moment really…felt it. He felt his jaw depress slightly, the woman still staring down into his eyes, hoping for an answer.

“Nevin?”

The last person he had entrusted his life to had left him betrayed and in the dust. He had never trusted anyone to that extent again. Was it time to let go?

“I—Me too,” He said, not entirely thinking, acting on his first impulse.

T’tol’s eyes lighted up and she leaned onto him more, passionately kissing him.
“I-I want you to marry me,” She exhaled.

Nevin broke it off, the thought tearing through his mind like a lighted fire. Marriage?! A lump seemed to keep him from saying anything coherent. That, or the fact he didn’t know what to say. He just moved in, once again bringing their lips together.

“Is that a yes?” She whispered.

Nevin considered all the possibilities, all the chances of failure. But none seemed to compare to the benefits. He nodded, wrapping his arms around her. He heard her say some acknowledgment, but it was muffled as she returned his kiss, running her hands through his hair.

She ran her mouth down his neck, unbuttoning his shirt as she reached it. Nevin closed his eyes and ran his hands up her back.

He had something to look forward to besides war…whether the path traveled through light, or through dark.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Kara T'Tol

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject:

Kara's eyes opened slowly as she woke up. She pulled more of the bed covers around her herself, and then closed her eyes. After a few minutes of trying to regain her unconscious state, she realized something.
Wow, it's kinda drafty, she thought. She opened her eyes, and looked under the covers to see if there was a hole in the blanket.
What the—Where are my clothes?!, she screamed mentally. Where am I? And why the hell am I naked?!
She rolled over, and stopped short. There was a man in the bed with her. And she knew him. She almost panicked, but then her memory came through the fog of sleep. And she laughed. For the man was Nevin Antilles, her protector, her rescuer, and, since last night, her lover and husband-to-be.
Nevin, still asleep, rolled over, his back to Kara. The blonde giggled, since she had all of the blankets and sheets wrapped around her. She was about to give them back when Nevin moaned softly, and rolled over again, this time, ending up on his back.
Kara felt her gaze drift until it locked onto Nevin's body. She had been about to give him some of the blankets back, but a voice inside her told her not to worry about it.
All of a sudden, though, the young moff's leg twitched, and his eyes opened. Kara forced her eyes to his face, and managed to keep them there.
"Hi Nev," she whispered. Antilles seemed startled for a moment as he rolled to his side, but then he smiled and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back.
"Sleep good?" the Imperial officer asked.
Kara pulled herself closer to Nevin. "Uh-huh. What about you?"
"Very good," Nevin smirked.
His blonde companion giggled. "What about last night," she asked sweetly. "How did that go for you?"
He smiled and ran his hands up her back. "Very good."
She smiled back. "Same here." Then she sighed as his hand rubbed just the right spot on her back. "Ohh, don't stop, Nevin," purred Kara.
Nevin smirked and pressed his body to hers. Kara's arms slid up his body until the hooked around his neck as she looked into his clear blue eyes.
"Y'know, last night..." Kara started, then hesitated. "Last night was my first time."
"Uh," Nevin was a little uncomfortable. But, like Kara, he was able to say the words. "Me—me too."
Kara giggled again, and Nevin smirked and kissed her tenderly on the lips. She returned it at first, but soon they were kissing deeply and passionately. It last a few moments, before Kara broke the kiss and sighed with content.
"Oh, Nevin. I love you so much."
"I know," he replied, and hugged her a little tighter.
She nuzzled his neck, then whispered in his ear. Nevin smirked. She sensed it, and added, "I wanna be yours."
"Eager, huh?"
Kara laughed. "I'll bet what happened last night would even melt that icy chick with the wings."
Antilles smiled. "Yeah, I know."
"And she's a cold one, though. Just like that ass she has for a husband," she said with a tone of bitter jest. Then her voice turned saccharine. "Not like you. You're nice, sweet, caring..." She leaned forward and whispered in his ear, naming another quality he had. Nevin grinned and kissed her forehead.
"Yeah, I'm good. But you're better," he said silkily.
Kara giggled, then became a little more serious. "Can I ask you something?" she asked. When her fiancé nodded, she bluntly asked, "Why are you friends with that pig and his wife?"
Nevin frowned slightly. "He's not a pig."
Kara's eyebrow almost vanished into her hairline.
"He's not. You can't keep holding the interrogation against him," Nevin said.
"Wanna bet?"
"Kara..."
She sighed heavily. "You want me to bury the vibro-axe, don't you?"
"They've been trying to make it up to you," he informed her.
The blonde harrumphed. "Well, I guess I can forgive the hawk woman... What's her name?"
Nevin smiled slightly. "Shayera."
"Yeah, Shayera. She didn't really do anything to me." She seemed to be perking up. "Hell, me and her could even become friends."
Nevin chuckled. "Babysteps, Liebengel," he said in a combination of Basic and Mantellian.
Kara giggled. "She's not too bad. She can definitely hold her liquor. I was half-drunk when we left that restaurant, and she down twice as much whiskey as me. Didn't even bat an eyelash at it."
The moff laughed again. "That's Shayera."
"Yeah, she's not bad at all," she said, but then her grin faded and her face became hard. "But that bastard," she spat. "I'll never forgive him."
Nevin sighed in exasperation. Kara sighed too, apologetically. "Sorry. I just killed the mood, didn't I?"
Nevin smirked a little. "A bit."
A playful smile appeared on Kara T'Tol's lips. "Aww. Well, I made the mess. I'll fix it," she said, then pressed her lips to Nevin's. He ran his fingers through her hair, and she did the same to him.
Nevin glanced at the chronometer. It read 0614. Plenty of time, he thought.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Housing Unit 1138
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: