Acclamator Line Aurek
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Acclamator Line Aurek
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Acclamator Line Aurek

I walked onto the bridge of the lead Acclamator. A few odd stares followed me, and I couldn't blame them. I had my own misgivings about being posted to this. Why was the Director's bodyguard being sent to deliver a fleet of ships?
Then again, it had been a while since I'd seen some action. And I'd be lying if I said I wanted to stay behind a desk.
It's just a quick drop-off. The ships are all slaved to a central control.
I turned to the captain of the ship. "Captain Lawson, lay in a course for Tatooine."
He turned to issue the order, then his head snapped back to gawk at me. "Tatooine?!"
"Those were my orders, Captain."
He seemed unsure of my sanity, but issued the order. The nineteen troopships banked to a heading of 067, then jumped into hyperspace.

The Line is at Tatooine

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject:

The seventeen-and-a-half-hour journey to Tatooine passed like as many years. The shuttle trip from Coruscant had taken more than 40 hours. I was starting to understand how Ams felt when he went back to Sernpidal. Taken away from home, away from Ams.
Why couldn't they send someone else to deliver these ships?
I couldn't even find out what they did to Nevin, so many weeks ago. Basically, we were to hyper in, the skeleton crew would release the computer slaving on the other ships, and then we'd get into a shuttle and hyper out. No time allotted for anything other than a quick message informing the Rebels we weren't there to attack.
I paced up and down the bridge one last time, then addressed the officer on deck, Lieutenant Surin. "You have the conn, Lieutenant."
He nodded, and then resumed staring out the viewports while I went to the turbolift.
"Galley."

Sitting at a secluded table in the mess, I eyed my meal suspiciously. It wasn't that I thought someone had poisoned it, or that I was worried about the autochef unit making some grevious error. It just looked odd. And felt odd.
But my stomach's growling pushed any concerns to the back of my mind.
I've been shoveling this stuff down my throat for nearly twenty years. It hasn't killed me yet.
With that in mind, I picked up half of the sandwich, and took a bite. If it looked odd on the outside, it seemed fine to my tastebuds. In fact, I really enjoyed the Great Rock cheesesteak sandwich.
The bread was crusty but soft, the onions fried just right, the meat sliced up and bound together in the cheese and slathered in a thick, smooth, and spicy red sauce.
I haven't had one of these in a long time, I thought. Probably the one thing I miss about being single: enjoying the simple things. Ams means well, but sometimes I just want to have something in a language I can pronounce.
When I got back to Coruscant, I was going to introduce him to how I was used to living. So far, he tried to make me comfortable with modest luxury and the things he had grown accustomed to. And it was nice, for the most part. But I was pretty sure as far as just the simple pleasures of life went, he knew of just one.
And he even manages to complicate that at times, I quipped mentally, swallowing the first bite of the sandwich. In short order, I consumed the hot steak sandwich, interspersing bites with gulps of the sweet, dark brown, carbonated liquid I got on the side. Nothing really went with a sandwich like this except cola. Luckily, it was a popular enough drink, and non-alcoholic (making it safe for on-duty consumption) so the autochefs were programmed with it. Of course, most officers would mix it with rum for a cocktail--a trick usually learned at the Academy: the old "Corellian 'n' Coke."
I smiled, thinking of how many hotshot cadets tried to drink me into a one-night stand with that little combination, realizing too late it had no effect. And if realizing I wasn't getting drunk enough to do it didn't get them to stop, they usually wound up with their hormone-induced ideas smashed by a well-aimed kick.
With one last gulp, I finished the reverie and the contents of the glass at the same time. It was late, and I'd need to be awake tomorrow morning if this thing was to go off without a hitch.
I slid the tray and glass into the appropriate receptacle, and headed for the quarters I received.
I hung up my uniform in the closet, and after a quick shower and putting on some nightclothes, hit the sack. But as I closed my eyes, I became aware once more that I was alone. Tonight, there weren't any sea-green irises looking at me through the darkness, no soothingly rich voice with a Coruscant accent to listen to and respond to. And yet, despite the irrationality, since he'd never hear it, I whispered, "Good night, Ams."
I quickly fell into a deep, rather restful sleep.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject:

As sparks flew from a console on the darkened bridge, one thought screamed in my mind.
No!
This wasn't happening. Damn those Rebel idiots! We had tried to give the ships to them, and they mistook it for an attack. Now, we were disabled. Rebel soldiers were already boarding.
And I had surrendered.
Within a few minutes I head the running footsteps.
"Don't move!" the lead trooper shouted. "Hands up!"
I nodded, raising my hands. "Do it," I ordered. Then I turned to the Rebel. "You're making a huge mistake."
He personally cuffed me and led me to the shuttle.
I was now a prisoner of the Rebel Alliance.

Shayera is now on the surface

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Acclamator Line Aurek
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: