Tyrena, City of
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Tyrena, City of
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gredrick Redirpraw

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Tyrena, City of

Ah, so this is what it feels like to be retired...warm sun, pleasant breeze, and very beautiful women...one could get used to this. I lazily reclined on a beach chair enjoying the last crimson rays from Corell, the system's sun. In my right hand I held a glass of Varsarien brandy, a favorite drink of mine. Never had the brandy tasted so exquisite as it did today, when I was finally able to relax my mind and body. All of the pressures of naval service and command seemed to be light-years away, and I greatly relished the thought. Silently I calculated how many more years it was till I would be able to enjoy this luxury regularly...and then quickly dismissed the thought, for it was far to depressing!

Approaching from my fight was a young lady with a stunning figure, she was dressed well for the location. Her blouse was a light shade of yellow, more like peach, and hanging from her gorgeous hips was a flimsy plum color skirt that draped just at her knees, accented with a light brown belt. Her hair flittered in the breeze as she leaned over to my side. Sensing her presence, I turned my head towards here and then slowly raised my head to meet her eyes...trying to capture as much of her beauty on the way. Speaking softly she asked, "Is there anything more I can get you sir, the restaurant and bar will be closing shortly." She was stunning...I was hungry...but not for food.

"Nothing save the company of a woman as marvelous as you," I said giving my most sincere lopsided grin. She smiled warmly, but didn't bite....

"I'd love to sit and watch the sunset, but I have to get home to my children. The restaurant will be closing in ten, have a pleasant stay with us sir." Dismayed I nodded my head and thanked her as she walked behind me onto the next guest down the beach. I sighed...someday.... With the sun dipping lower in the sky I decided to take one more quick plunge...it would be a while before I was able to enjoy the warmth of the ocean. I got up from my resting place and bolted down the shore to the waters edge and then jumped forward into the surf. Swimming out a few meters I stopped and floated on my back, admiring the onset of nightfall. It was so peaceful here, and yet only a few kilometers down the coast lay Cornet, Jewel of Corellia, and where my shuttle the Red Tempest is berthed. I sighed...I didn't want to go back...back to that tin can they call a warship, breathing recycled air and dealing with all the incompetents that the fleet stuck in uniforms and called them officers. Such was life I suppose, for the greater glory of the Emperor and all. No use in dwelling on it...might as well just shower off, grab a nice meal and head back to the boat. It would take a day or two to reach my vessel, enough time to get my gear in line. Hmmm, I see the moon peaking over the horizon...looks to be a full

My shower was quite refreshing, a nice long warm shower, using only the finest cleansing products this side of Coruscant. I much enjoyed the cleaning after my pampering from the message ladies. I had decided to push back dinner a bit and use my complementary message someone had given me for my birthday last year, it was about to expire, so what the hey? Besides...they really knew how to do their stuff, never felt so relaxed in years. As for dinner, it was pretty damn good, but it was slightly marred by the fact that some crazy yahoo decided to pull a blaster on his wife in the middle of the restaurant...some sort of dispute over catching a man with her onboard their yacht doing unspeakable things.... He was about to pull the trigger when I shot him in the chest with my concealed boot blaster. Thankfully for him I set it on stun...give him a chance to cool his repulsors in the brig. I then casually turned back to my dinner and finished eating, naturally I tipped well. I retired back to my hotel room and got ready for bed, tomorrow would be a long day and I wasn't going to do it sleep deprived.

Back to top »
Gredrick Redirpraw

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP* "Intensify the forward firepower; I don't want anything to get through!" What was that noise...what was that incredibly annoying, shrill sounding noise? It was become louder now, and vaguely familiar...it was...my comlink! Who in the maker's name was calling me at this hour? Who was slime bag who had just signed his own execution order? I looked at my chronometer, it was 0600. I sighed, close enough, I was going to get up in a half hour anyways...might as well get up now. I reached over onto the nightstand beside my bed and picked up my still beeping comlink. Hesitantly I switched it on, "Redirpraw here, go ahead." To my surprise, it was my XO, Commander Morley."

"Captain, Morley here sir. Terribly sorry to wake you but I have some information I think you should know. There has been some message traffic that indicates some disturbing developments on Coruscant." Great...'developments', something this galaxy needed more of. "Also, we have intercepted a message from Leia Organa Solo. She has ordered all Alliance personal to leave the planet. Interestingly enough, she was broadcasting in the clear. Intel has confirmed the authenticity of the message and considers it to be highly irregular. Also, Command has issued orders to the fleet to increase their level of readiness. What are your orders, sir?"

I allowed the information Morley had just dropped in my lap to sink in. It stunk to say the least, and I'm not exactly a fan of stinky news. As a rule, I hate 'developments', it usually means that the fleet gets to risk its hide to correct the failures of some stuffed up bureaucrat who wears tarnished brass. I drew in a long breath and let it out slowly...yep, today was going to be a long day. "Commander, spin up the hyper drives and meet me at...standby a moment." In the dark, my hands stumbled around for the switch to the glowlamp on my nightstand. Sensing the darkness in the room, the lamp had the consideration to not burn my eyes, as it gradually increased its luminosity. I found the datapad I was looking for, and brining it up to my still blurry eyes, I logged into my shuttle's controls and brought up the nav computer. Looking for a rendezvous location halfway between me and the Vengeance, I located one and saved it. "Commander, you still there?"

"Aye sir, I am standing by."

"Very well, I am sending you the coordinates to meet me at. Get the Vengeance there; we've got work to do." He responded that he received the coordinates and verified them with me. After that, I clicked the comlink off and set it back down on the nightstand. So it was back to the spice mines I suppose, no more enjoying the luxuries of civilian life. I reached over to the small panel on the nightstand and turned on all the room's lights, it was time to get off of this rock.

Back to top »
Gredrick Redirpraw

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject:

I hate public transportation, about as much as I hate mynocks. The only thing public transportation had going for it was that it didn't ruin the electrical systems of my warships. Thankfully though, I make enough credits to no longer suffer the cramped and crowded transports that serve the cities of Corellia. On my way out of Tyrena I passed the shuttle port that I frequently used growing up, my one and only connection to Coronet. But, the thoughts of nostalgia quickly dissipated when I remembered that now I could afford to own a military spec speeder bike. Actually, I purchased it at extreme discount from one of the garrisons I was stationed at a few years ago. The nice thing about speeder bikes is that if you cared for them properly, they'd last you a lifetime. Never one to waste money, I made sure I treated my bike right. Besides, there is nothing better then to feel the wind in your hair, the rush from the break neck speeds, and the bugs in your...UGH!! Well, two out of three ainít bad, and there is definitely a reason scout troopers ware full face masks....

Coronet is a walled city, and to be honest, I wasn't in much of a mood to try to make my way through the teaming masses. I needed to get back to my ship pronto. So I decided to blow by the northern entrance to the city, the usual route from anyone coming from Tyrena or Kor Vella, and proceed onto the western entrance which was conveniently situated next to the starport.

As I rounded a corner, I saw them, a full CorSec checkpoint, E-webs and all. So much for staying out of sight of the locals. I pulled up to them, easing off the throttle as I neared the lead guard. The E-web guy had his weapon trained on me, as if I was going to try to run for it...I had nothing to hide.

"HALT! ID and registration," the supposed squad leader said in a stern yet calm voice. I raised my riding goggles to the brim of my helmet and then I slowly reached into my black leather duster and pulled out two plastic cards. I handed them over to the leader and crossed my arms, hopefully this would go quickly. The CorSec trooper placed one of my cards into a small handheld device. Looking down at the device and then at me, cleared his throat and said, "Look here boys, this chump's an imp, and a Captain no less. What's an imperial NAVY Captain doing on a fine world such as ours? Hmm?" He stuck his rifle butt into my ribs, softly, but enough for me to get the hint.

I looked at him and said coldly "I was visiting family, Pleasant View Estates if you must know." It was a lie.

"Hah, seems you imperial swine have family and feelings too, who would've known?" He then looked at my bike, and then back down at the device, he pulled the other card from the reader and handed it back to me. He then pronounced, "Well, Cap'n, perhaps you too will have the courtesy to join your family in Pleasant View, I hear they are just DYING to meet ya!" He and the rest of his idiotic squad laughed, but he waved me on. He had bought my lie, and I was thankful, but I still wanted to gun him and the rest of his thugs down. Seems CorSec's recruitment standards had lowered since the time I had considered joining them. I'm just happy that the Imperial Officer Recruiter had gotten to me first and gave me a ticket to Carida.

Passing by the checkpoint I came upon the massive structure that was the Coronet Starport, servicing over five thousand ships a day, this place was a hive of activity. I entered into the main entrance of the star port and passed by all the star liner terminals. I continued on my swoop till I came to my berth, Docking Bay 22. I punched in my security code and watched the orange metal door swoosh open. Before me stood my pride and joy, my modified YT-1930 transport, the Red Tempest. She was surely a sight to behold, painted Imperial grey, she had two large red stripes running from her front pylons down back towards the engines. Outfitted with all the comforts a guy could need, I didn't get to use her as often as I liked.

Still sitting on my speeder bike, I drove around to the starboard side cargo compartment which bulges from the main part of the ship slightly. Dismounting the bike, I slowly walked around the ship, checking for anything abnormal. After completing my walk around, and satisfied there were no foreign objects, I pulled out my comlink and called to my astromech droid.

"Hotshot, this is Gredrick, lower the gangway, I'm standing outside." I heard a short blast of whoops and beeps and finally I heard the hissing of air and the whine of a servomotor. In an instant the gangway had lowered. As I was standing in front of the cockpit, I moved underneath the transparisteel cockpit screen and under the main saucer section of the vessel. Banging a tight turn up the gangway, I walked up the platform, and once inside the ship, I hit a switch that raised the ramp. Just inside the emergency airlock, which leads to the cockpit, was Hotshot. "Hiya Hotshot, hope you kept the Tempest in good shape." He whistled indignantly, as if to suggest that without him the ship would have fallen apart before now. "Alright, I'll concede that I can't keep her going without you, and that she is probably better off in your hands then a wookie's." He swiveled his red and black dome back and forth, and tooted happily. "However, you got chores to do. Go to the starboard side cargo bay and hoist up my speeder bike. After that, get your butt over to the tech station get the hyperdrive ready. The coordinates to meet the Imperial Vengeance are in my data pad; use that to get a jump solution."

Hotshot let out what I would describe as a mechanical sigh, a low pitched whistle that decrease in volume. While he was busy doing his tasks, I went up to the cockpit and started cycling the coolant and air. I wanted fresh air and coolant, so as to take care of my baby. While that was occurring, I sent the signal to detach all tethers save for the coolant, and power. Sitting down in the pilotís seat on the port side, I spun to face forward. Reaching above my head I started flicking switches that powered up the repulsors and sublight engines. I heard the high-pitched whine of the repulsors kick in and the low rumble of the sublights start vibrating the ship. On the control panel a little red light was illuminated to show that the starboard side cargo doors were still open. Suddenly the light flicked off, which prompted me to call Hotshot. "Hey hotshot, you got the bike up and the Tempest locked up." I heard a happy chirp from Hotshot, and I knew that we were ready to go. "Okay buddy, hold on, we're gonna be lifting off here in a moment." I reached over on my left side and switched on the cockpit voice comm. Dialing in the Coronet Airspace Controller, I cleared my throat and spoke, "Coronet Airspace, this is Captain Redirpraw of the Red Tempest, requesting lift off and hyperspace exit from Coronet Starport."

"Red Tempest, Coronet Airspace, you are number 3 in the que, standby."

"Cornet Airspace, Red Tempest, roger that - standing by."

Five minutes later CAC came over the comm again, "Red Tempest, Coronet Airspace, you are clear for launch. Hope you enjoyed your time on Corellia, Captain. "

"Coronet Airspace, Red Tempest, launch order confirmed. It was a pleasant trip and I look forward to returning. Red Tempest out." I disengaged all tethers and gave power to the repulsors. In a moment the ship was clear of the walls of the berth, and I angled the nose of the Tempest up about 60 degrees and throttled up. I cleared the atmosphere in just three minutes and the blue sky turned inky black as I rocketed into the void. I quickly checked with Hotshot to ensure that a hyperspace solution had been plotted, and verified the trajectory. Satisfied that we wouldn't plow through a star, I eased the hyperspace throttle forward and the ship lurched.

The stars streaked and extended out infinitely, until the stars melded with the blue glow of hyperspace.

Gredrick Redirpraw and the Red Tempest are now aboard the ASD Imperial Vengeance

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Tyrena, City of
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: