Room 014 -Government Medical Center (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » Room 014 -Government Medical Center (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Room 014 -Government Medical Center (Surface)

Leia remained outside the main office. Borsk Fey'lya was following behind her like an overly-fuzzy shadow, yakking in her ear. Of course, this time he had good reason to do so. "What of this whole incident," "What is your policy," "How could you have done that," were several questions that he had repeated at least four times in the past twenty minutes.

"We're currently waiting on a statement from Moff Jendob," Fey'lya's latest words were. "What are you going to say?"

"I'll say what I'll say, Borsk," she said, keeping her voice under her unfailing diplomatic tone. She respected Borsk and had considered him more than an acquaintance, but he was damn annoying.

"Fine," he conceded, moving on to another topic like wildfire. "Then what about Antilles? Half of the Empire still believes he's guilty, and we had the very commanders of our armies involved! How is the Senate going to react to this?"

"I did what I had to do, Borsk," the Chief of State explained, stopping and turning on a heel to face his beaming eyes. "If the Senate will depose me, at least I'll know I saved an innocent life from a conspiracy. They threw the first punch, Counselor, not us."

She continued walking, leaving Borsk's fur to ruffle in irritation. Borsk had made his intentions clear that he wanted the position Leia held. However, he was also one of the most loyal members of the Alliance. He wouldn't betray her when the Alliance needed her most. In the current climate, that time could be very soon.

Han had been involved in the incident, totally separate from her knowledge. She was in no position to cast stones, but she had to find out why he did what he did. He was in his own medical room, but the doctor reported he was absolutely ready to leave. His wound had been minor and coming to an actual medical center had just been a formality.

She hadn’t spoken to him their entire trip back on the Tantive VII. It was a small ship, and she had put considerable effort into not talking to him. Instead, she had reviewed the recording Jendob had showed her prior to the trial. Han was clearly drunk. Her anger had faded somewhat – after all, it could have been far worse. She wanted to get this straightened out, but she also believed his actions were his own desires, but accentuated by the intoxication.

She opened the door and stepped into the room.

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

"Please, sir," the medic was protesting, trying to coax Han to lay back down so that he could properly redress his wound. "Sit still. If you keep squirming, I won't be able to wrap this properly."

"Then just let it be," Han growled, pushing the medic away for the third time. He was beginning to really despise medical centers. For the second time in the past week, he had been locked up behind their sterile walls and forced to deal with their know-it-all medics. He was at the point now where he would rather suffer than listen to them babble on about things that Han couldn't understand anyway. Hell, he would rather be locked up in a closet with Threepio for an hour.

"I am trained to treat you to the best of my ability, Commander. Letting it be and possibly allowing scar tissue to form hardly fits under that statement," the medic scolded, glaring down into Han's hazel stare. "Now, please, relax."

"And what's wrong with a little scar tissue?" Han challenged, pressing the man even further. "Women like to hear the story behind a scar. And I'd have an interesting one to go with this one." He gestured to the area on his leg that the med was trying to fix up.

The other man just simply sighed and backed away as the door to the room hissed open. Han grumbled under his breath and craned his neck to see who it was that had come to torture him now. If it was a medical droid, he swore he would disassemble it and sell it for parts...

But the figure in the doorway was lightyears away from being a medical droid. Actually, it was the last person Han had expected to see come and see him in the med center.

Leia.

What had possessed her to come to him now if she wouldn't even give him the time of day on the trip back from Coruscant? Maybe she had finally realized her fault and the guilt had finally drove her to him. Or maybe she was just here to say that this was it. They were through.

Whatever she wanted, Han's body tensed up at her presence and his mouth went dry. That was beginning to be the automatic reaction to seeing her nowadays and he hated it. He needed to be strong as to make sure that she wouldn't slip through his fingers yet again. He wasn't gonna let some sex-induced drug seperate them forever.

"Leia," he breathed quietly before swallowing hard and lowering his gaze marginally. "Whaddya doing here?"

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Leia tried very hard to keep her composure. Even though she thought she had forgiven him outside of the room, she found her feelings had mostly returned upon seeing his face again and his cocky attitude. It was rather disturbing that she could analyze his entire state of mind by a few words.

"I'm here to see 'ya'," she snorted before sitting down. "The kids were wondering where you were."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Han's eyes traveled with Leia as she slowly made her way from the doorway and crossed the room to come and sit down beside him on the bed. He could still sense that she was angry with him. Just the way she held herself and the way she had spoken. Maybe what Han guessed about her coming to call things off was true after all.

A lump formed in his throat as she mentioned the kids. He was so caught up in thinking about what his actions had done to their marriage, that the kids had taken a back seat. What would they think of him when they got older and were able to understand the situation?

No, he had to patch things up before it even came to that. Rubbing a hand across his stubbled cheek, Han slowly raised his gaze to look at his wife. "What did you tell 'em?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Leia couldn't shake the feeling that Han was more sorry about being caught then he was about the issue of Meehan. She was considering how she should handle it, but she hadn't the slightest idea.

"Nothing," she informed him. "Just that you were hurt."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Studying her face in silence for a moment, Han couldn't find a hint of her true intentions or what she was really feeling. She was shut off from him and that disturbed him more than anything else right now. He just simply nodded his head in understanding of her last statement.

But then another thought entered his mind. Was she talking about the rescue attempt or the time he was going because of the poison? She was being too vague for his liking. He licked his dry lips and focused his gaze downward to look at his hands. "You are talking 'bout the rescue mission, aren't you?" He paused here to collect his thoughts and to gather courage to say the next part. "Or, uh...what happened the night of the--Ball?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Leia looked at the ground for a minute. She didn't really know where to begin. She didn't even know why she was here. Leia wasn't prepared to talk to him about this. Pushing off the feelings that she would be better outside waiting with Borsk, she returned her gaze to Han.

"The prison, I understand," she began. "I was there too, if you don't remember..." She trailed off, waiting for Han to explain himself regarding the Ball.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Leia fell silent in the middle of her sentence and for a moment, Han's hear stopped beating. The moment he had been dreading had finally come. He raised his eyes to look at her, to try and coax her in continuing, but it was no use. She remained silent and just stared at him with one of those looks. She wanted him to continue.

Han diverted his gaze away from her and focused on a spot on the wall. Somehow it always seemed easier to talk to an inanimate object over things like this. He slowly opened his mouth and began.

"It wasn't my fault, Leia," he tried to explain. He was almost pleading. "She spiked my drink with some drug that induces sex. And she knew it. I couldn't control myself and she threw herself at me. It was so she could get close enough to kill me."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

She gave him a cynical look and closed her eyes to control her temper. After all of this, he made excuses for himself instead of apologizing. He wouldn't even look at her. Why should she believe him?

"Sex-inducing drug?" She asked, voice toned. "I don't know of any drug on the market that makes you go back to your own room and start screwing with Commodores."

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

Han swallowed and snapped his head back in her direction. After all the pain he had gone through and the effort he had put forth to actually explain everything to her, she brushes it off like it was nothing but a lie. He felt the anger welling up inside of him, but he kept it under control for now. He had to get through to her.

"No!" he half yelled, taking her hands within his. "Leia, listen to me. That's why I looked like I was drunk. She drugged me. The medics told me as much. I went back to the room alone like you said. She didn't show up till later asking 'bout her fleet. I let her in and she threw herself at me. And 'cause of the drug, I had no control over it. I didn't want to do it!"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

"And how do I know that?" Leia demanded, her voice raising as he should. "If all your inhibitions come out of their little hiding holes every time you're drunk, then what am I supposed to do?" She sighed and turned to the door. " I'll be outside with Borsk," she informed, rethinking her whole point of being here. She didn't know why she even bothered to do this.

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject:

"I wasn't drunk!" he demanded, rising to his feet and quickly regretting it as the pain from the wound shot up his leg. It was less intense than it was earlier, but it was still there. Even then, he managed to grab hold of Leia by the arm and swing her about before she was able to walk out the door and possibly out of his life forever.

"How many times do I have to say that to you?!" he was face to face with her now, his voice desperate. He just had to make her understand. "If you don't believe me, ask the damn medic! He'll tell you everything." He paused for a moment to gauge her reaction before continuing.

"Leia, she did it to kill me! She had a knife for kriff's sake! She wanted to make it look bad for us, don't you understand?! That drug messed me up pretty damn good and I had no control. I would never do that to you! It was like....rape."

He swallowed hard as he finished, hoping with all his being that she would understand and trust him. That things would be alright again and that they could forget this. He gazed into her dark eyes and waited for her response.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

As Leia was grabbed by her husband, she was almost ready to strike him. She managed to keep her composure while he talked, and his insistent gaze softened her slightly.

But this man had betrayed her! Han humiliated her in front of the upper echelons of the Empire and that video was sure to get out.

But he was also her husband.

But what did being a husband mean if he cheated on you at the first hint of getting drunk? Ideas don’t form out of nowhere, his mind didn’t just create them when he was drugged. He always had them, somewhere inside, for Meehan. Whether or not he intentionally acted on it, at least that much was true.

She looked into his eyes and then away from him. “Let’s just go,” she quietly said. “The kids need us.”

Leia quietly walked out of the room into the corridor, out of the furnace and into hell.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Han just stood there and gaped at her for a moment, unsure of the events that had just transpired. Was she showing a sign of forgiveness or was she just ushering him along to shut him up? Her face was still an expression-less mask and it was impossible to read her. But still, some hope had been re-established.

Blowing out a heavy sigh, Han gently let his hands slide from her arm and nodded adamently. She had been right about the kids. When she seemed to run out of things to say herself, she turned to them. But she was right. The kids would need to come first.

Taking one final look around the medical suite, Han slowly began to follow Leia out of the room and into the corridor beyond. For the first time in a long while, Han had no desire to speak and even if he did, the words would not come. And so, he remained silent as they walked along, his eyes focused straight ahead as he contemplated what the future held for their relationship. Would they ever recover from something like this? For the first time since he was a kid, Han Solo was unsure of himself.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Denon » Room 014 -Government Medical Center (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: