Declaration of War
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Declaration of War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Declaration of War

Citizens of the Galactic Alliance and beings of the entire Galaxy,

In the history of the galaxy, there has been conflict. Thereís been deceit, evil, and corruption. After seeing the bizarre events that occurred during the trial of one Admiral Antilles, I and the upper echelons of the Alliance have come to realize the Empire is one of those societies of oppression.

Today I stared gazing over my children. They were born at the hopeful start of this truce and this treaty. Throughout the past year, they have grown as our alliance with the Empire has grown. It is true that both have developed and evolved. However, where that development leads is not what was intended at the start of this treaty.

Yes, it is true that I myself took part in the attack on the hellish prison Lusankya to protect one of our own citizens from what was most surely an unfair trial in spite of astounding evidence. This is because I will take charge to do what is right. That, my fellow beings of this galaxy, is what I am doing right now.

There are members of both of our governments that supported this treaty with all their soul. I am one of them and Moff Jendob is one of them. Still, it has become evident that our two factions are too different. We are too young to make this work. What has been accomplished is laudable. However, it is not real. It has become obvious that this peace is not for our time.

Within the structure of most of the Empire, we have been deceived. Although I must say the same about some members of the Alliance, there most decidedly are are those that hate us and freedom with all of their very being. It is my duty to reveal that Commodore Cassie Meehan was not only a traitor, she was a spy sent knowingly by the most highest in the Galactic Empire. There is distrust between our peoples in regards to UnuFlintís death. We can no longer operate under these false pretenses, and we can no longer allow our citizensí cries to go unheard.

Therefore, in mutual response to Moff Jendobís resolution to dissolve the treaty, I regret to announce the decision of the Senate and the decision that is my own; a state of war now exists between our two powers. This is the only course of action that can resolve our differences, and I hope that the idea of peace is not condemned for the next generation. May they be wiser than we are today.

Additionally, to accurately portray our current dilemma, the Galactic Alliance is assuming its former title of the Rebel Alliance. Though the goal of idealists in both our civilizations is peace, we must be realistic, and we will not rest until we come to one of two ends; re-establishment of the treaty with the expulsion of the conspirators in the Empire, or until the Old Republic has been restored.

This is the worst decision that could ever be made, influenced by the worst actions this galaxy has seen in years. It is, however, the only one. I long for a time when this war will be a thing of the past, dissolved into the millennia as time passes.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Declaration of War
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: