Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Jack and Irina Pallanén greeted their daughter and their future son-in-law with open arms. The tears of the Pallanén sisters were wiped away by Ryan as he hugged each of them. Arlyn entered Ryan's arms again, her head resting against him. It was soothing to have him so close.

His charming smile was enough to rekindle the butterflies she had first felt when she had met him. His sea blue eyes reminding her of the past memories they intimately shared near the many oceans. Arlyn took Ryan aside from her family and her finger touched the bottom of his chin.

"You're the only one for me, Ryan." she whispered and she looked around the room, "The Alliance is no where near being prepared for a war, to be honest. And neither am I." Her eyes looked into his eyes, "I cannot say whether it will come to such a terrible thing, but what I can say, is that I will stand by your side."

Ryan took the thanagarian finger and kissed her hand, "And I, at your's. Our parting may be temporary and brief, but you shall never again part from my heart."

Arlyn kissed him gently. "Good." Ryan kissed her and responded, "Great." The couple continued to dance, reflecting on the upcoming future of the galaxy.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
katie

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject:

Cassie walked slowly out onto the dance floor. Soon, she would have her revenge on the bastard that killed the people closest to her. And she wanted to watch. But she had to blend in, so she walked over to one of the armed guards near an inner door.

"Hi, handsome. Wanna dance?" she asked in a sultry voice.

The soldier raised an eyebrow. In accordance with the Ball's dress code, he wore a tuxedo, but he also carried a pistol Cassie had never seen before.

Stupid jerkoffs, trying to make new ways to kill people.

"Sure. But I'm not that good," the guard admitted. Then he offered her his arm, which she latched onto and they walked back to the dance floor, her eyes fixed on the Supreme Moff.

Last edited by katie on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

"You want us to come to your what?"
"My wedding, to Nicole... oh c'mon don't tell me you haven't heard about it?"
Luke was leaning against the frame of the large main door, speaking to the thin air. Or at least that's what all non-force sensitives or non Forcers as Luke called them, would perceive it.
He was in reality talking to Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Jasmine. Or rather... what was left of them.
"Wedding leads to affairs, affairs lead to court and custody battles, courts lead to legal fees. And fees lead..."
"To the Dark side, we know." Luke and Jasmine interrupted Master Yoda
"No, fees lead to credit-book balancing, pain in the Jedi behind that is." Yoda responded smiling slightly.
"Luke," Obi Wan said, his voice calm, "We will be there... it will probably be the last time we see each other... There is a terrible darkness approaching fast and we need to move on."
Luke nodded slightly, "Yes, I've felt it. I will be leaving myself soon after the wedding."
Jasmine's eyebrows shot up, "still going through with that?"
Yoda and Obi Wan nodded.
Luke frowned slightly, "Yes, I have a family to support now."
Jasmine put her hands on her hips, "And how do you propose to do that hiding out in some old rundown filthy infested..."
Obi Wan cut in, "Thank you Jasmine. That was my house remember."
Jasmine blushed slightly, "I'll be there Luke." And she faded from view.
The three masters bowed to each other and the two ghosts faded. Luke tried his best to shrug off the strange looks he was getting from some of the guards and patrons, he walked over to the Organa-Solo table.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

This is a joint post between Ams and myself. It's kinda long so I'm gonna split it up into two parts.

The night was finally starting to turn around with the addition of Antilles to their table. The young man had been on the complete opposite side of the playing field almost a year ago but now he was one of them and Han was beginning to take a special liking to the kid. Then again, anyone would if a single individual risked his neck more than once to save your own life. Han still owed him too many and more just kept adding up. This little game had begun with Skywalker back in Han’s early days in the Alliance and he decided to let it cross over to Antilles once he defected. Well, if things continued to play out like this, Han would have better luck at the Sabacc tables.

Somewhere in the middle of Han’s musings, the server droid returned with their drinks and set them down on the table before them. Han nodded to the droid before wrapping his fingers around the thin glass and raising it to his lips. He was only able to take a small sip before the hairs on the back of his neck began to stand on end, alerting him that someone was approaching. The expression on both Antilles’ and his wife’s face confirmed his intuition and he scowled as a meek voice sounded from his back. “Hello?”

Setting the glass down on the table rather strongly and twisting his torso around so that he could look the speaker in the eye, Han felt his stomach drop at the person he saw standing there. A Thanagarian. And not just any Thanagarian. Han spotted this one milling around with the Imperial Moff and his winged wife. That could only spell one thing - trouble. Han’s expression remained solemn as he mumbled something that sound like “Hmm?”

“Hi,“ she answered with a slight shuffle of her feet. Judging from the way she held her body and her ever changing expressions, Han guessed she was nervous or more than likely, someone put her up to coming over here and bothering him. He made a mental note to hunt down whoever put her up to the challenge later. For the mean time, his main goal was to get rid of her.

“Aren’t you a little lost?” he challenged her, looking beyond her for a moment before returning his eyes to her face. “I think your table’s over there,” he concluded, waving his hand in the direction of the Imp’s table.

The bird woman remained silent for a moment before a thin smile spread over her features. She crossed her arms over her chest, covering the low neckline of her dress and shifting her weight once more. “Actually, I am kinda lost. I‘m new here,” she admitted.

New? Something didn’t sound right about that. Han studied her features for another long moment before a cocky smile spread over his own features. She was toying with him. This was the same woman he insulted on Coruscant a year earlier. And judging from her reaction, she recognized him too. But still, he might as well play along with her game. “I think we all are,” he pointed out before turning back to his drink.

“Heh, at least you know names,” she said more to herself as her gaze turned distant. Han picked up on her weird behavior and glanced over his shoulder ever so slightly as she continued. “And you’re pretty much the only other person I know here, Han Solo.” She spat out his name almost like it was a disease to her and her people.

Yup, he was right. She knew who he was all along. But now the fun part began - he had to either flatter her or get rid of her. Han was aiming for the latter as he rolled his eyes across the table at Nevin and reluctantly, turned around to face her. “I don’t know if I should be honored or worried. You know, I don’t have the best track record with your people,” he admitted with a smug smirk.

Han studied her reaction carefully as her lips pressed into a thin line and she nodded slowly in understanding. He had hit the right mark. “Yea,” she muttered sternly. “I remember. Then again, isn’t this Ball about peace or some other pile of political scheiss?”

Dammit! Maybe his words didn’t hit as close as he anticipated. She crawled her way out of that one too fast. Han was seriously starting to believe that all Thanagarians were out there just to get to him. They were all the same - stuck-up, annoying and beautiful. That last one was the real clencher and it drove Han insane. “I think it’s best you don’t know my opinion,” he said in earnest with one of his famed lopsided grins.

The bird woman regarded him for a moment with narrowed eyes before the thin smile, that Han was beginning to identify solely as her own, returned. “We’ll see,” she said before changing subjects completely. “Can you dance?”

If Han would’ve taken a sip of his drink a moment before, the bird woman would be getting a nice wine bath right about now. Han figured there was something deeper to her sudden visit to the table and now it presented itself. She wanted to dance - or rather, someone else wanted to see them dancing together. Not surprising. Not like Han couldn’t dance. In fact, Leia herself was surprised at how well Han could move on the dance floor. It was the thought of dancing with the pawn of the Winged Wonder that bothered him. He would need to stall.

“Me?” he inquired, his brow shooting up in mock surprise. Han turned his head away with a stupid smirk on his face and reclined back in the chair, arms crossing over his chest. “Nah, you’re askin’ the wrong guy.”

An almost girlish giggle escaped her lips as she outwardly began to loosen up. A bad sign. “In that case,” she said in an amused tone. “Would you?” Before Han could react to what she had said, her hand shot forward and enveloped it within his. She began to non-successfully pull him up out of the chair.

Clenching one of the arm rests with his free hand and planting his feet to the floor, Han struggled to remain seated while giving her a look in which one could decipher and come to the conclusion that the bird woman was insane. “Now wait a second,” he began almost desperately. His free hand let go of the arm rest and began to tug on the hand that held him captive. “I didn’t agree to anything yet,” he smirked.

In that very instant, the bird woman’s eyes seemed to refocus and she looked down into Han’s face with some surprise. She instantly let go of his hand, much to Han’s relief, and took a step back. “Um, I’m sorry,” she stammered. Han sat there, watching her closely as she reverted back to her nervous state before his eyes. Yup, she definitely was nuts. “But um,” she started again, playing with her fingers and avoiding his gaze. “W-would you?”

Han’s gut instinct was to refuse her offer - especially with what happened earlier at breakfast with another feisty Thanagarian. Leia was already on bad terms with him over that one. But that same thought made him rethink his decision. If he could get on this Thanagarian’s good side, maybe Leia would soften up and come around to him. Hey, it was worth a try at least.

Straightening his jacket and leaning forward, Han offered her his best lopsided grin. “Well, I guess I can’t argue with you,” he admitted in all seriousness. “Afterall, you have good taste.” Han paused here and brushed at his pants and arms like he was getting rid of the wrinkles before continuing. “Just one thing, don’t tell Wings over there what we’re doing,” he said, gesturing with his head toward the Moff and his wife.

A wave of anger passed over the other’s features for a brief moment before she recollected herself. “…that’s my sister,” she pointed out to him with a flat tone. Han’s smile faded and he felt like slapping his palm to his forehead. Of course! How could he have been so stupid! Now that explained everything. These two were in this hand in hand. No matter, Han would show her how things are done. He had this thing in the bag.

…or so he thought.

Before Han could think this over further or even spit out a half ass apology for what he said, he found himself falling forward out of the chair and stumbling to regain his balance as the bird woman literally yanked him to his feet. Han felt a sharp pain radiate out from his shoulder and travel down his arm as the woman yelled out, “Deal!”

“Dammit!” he called out in reaction to the pain. If he hadn’t known any better, he could’ve sworn a Wookiee was trying to pull his arm out of the socket. Although, he figured this was the next worst thing. He winced as they nearly ran into another couple heading out toward the dance floor. “Will ya wait!” he called out to her back with no avail. Eventually he gave up and just let her drag him. This was going to be a very long night.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

Feeling his stomach growl he stood up, Galien still on his mind as he felt lonely now that he had actually aquainted himself with someone. Kyp brought his body foward as he came back to Galien's table or at least the one she was sitting at.

Before anyone could say a thing, Kyp pulled a chair to himself and sat down. A bead of sweat rolled down his face, he was nervous again but about 3x's as much. Galien obviously knowing this stepped in.

"Friends this is Kyp Durron, Jedi Apprentice and Kyp Durron these are my 'government' friends no need to know names right now." she said as she lifted a glass of wine and downed the last of it. A trio of smiles came as rather than the bewildered ones before.

But now he'd have to break the silence and get the hell out of here for a second or do something. With a out of nowhere question Kyp blurted out some words, "Is anyone hungry?" he said as though to say that he himself was starving.

Galien responded for the rest of the trio, "Why yes I think we all are." The who group nodding in agreement.

Kyp looked around until he spotted a server driod only about 20 feet away. Using the force, he carefully lifted the driod and brought him to Kyp which he didn't like to do too much-using the force when he could just walk to the droid but he was tired and hungry so the solution seemed to bring it to him.

Kyp muttered a few things to the driod and it was then off. It would be a great night, Kyp could feel it, but he had learned to trust the force over gut instict, which he hoped that his gut was right..........for once.

Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

It was already half way through the night, and 4-LOM was, well, bored. Perhaps Master Yoogle was wrong...so far there was no sudden attacker, no suspicious persons, in short absolutely nothing of interest. With the exception of Arlyn's performance, of course - the droid had had no idea his patron could be so well rounded, especially for an organic. When I see her next, he thought as he watched the dancing, I'll have to compliment her. Even Targulla's slaves weren't as good, and she had some of the Mid Rim's best. 4-LOM leaned back in his chair and let his mind drift, while Targulla ordered another shot of Corellian Ale from the server droid...

The Gods must have been bored, for Murgth'a found himself back at the bar with the cyborg (Drake, was it?) and his droid. Remembering what he had discussed with 4-LOM, the Nikto approached the hunter. "Drake, word's been going around that there's gonna be a hit tonight. 4-LOM and I have some idea who it is, but if you could keep an eye on things, more than one person would be grateful." [/i]

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

”Oh! Murder! A break from this boring dance show!

”A hit? Here? Are you sure?”
”Are you really so surprised? You were able to get your inoperative weapon in, and most people here left their defenses with the front gate goons.”
”Can you give me anymore information?”

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries

Last edited by Space Jawa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jaxxon Five-D
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Murgth'a shook his head slightly. "That's all I know. If something comes up, I'll find you; in the meantime, make sure nobody tries to kill each other." He stood up and brushed off his clothes, and then..."By the way, 4-LOM has a program that your friend might be interested in. It's his own creation, the same thing he has in his droidekas."
With that, the Nikto found an empty chair and began carefully taking in the people around him. if the killer was here, he (she?) couldn't stand a quick application of Petranaki...

"What? Stormtrooper filet mignon is my speciality. You should try it sometime." - Heg Tralle, Falleen culinary "artist"

4-LOM, Bounty Hunter for the Lady of Geonosis

Abigail Vrex, Zeltron bounty hunter

1,545,050,000 credits
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I watched with some sadistic amusement as Canjra dragged Solo for about a meter, then she stopped. She looked back, concerned. She seemed to say something, to him, and the Alliance officer scowled and caught up to her. She was turned toward me for a second, so I could see her lips moving.
"It's okay, I'm not too good myself," it looked like she was saying. At that moment, there was a scream, and Canjra's eyes bolted to the origin, and I saw her tense up. A split second later, I followed the scream, and saw a man in a tuxedo dropping his dance partner in a failed attempt at dipping. The blonde woman picked herself up from the dance floor, and I didn't need Thanagarian hearing to make out that she was likely swearing a blue streak.
Solo's response, it looked, was a flippant, "Oh, that makes me feel so much better."
I noticed in the background as another blonde woman went over to the Solo's table and began to heckle someone sitting there. As soon as he turned, I recognized Nevin.
Wow, Nev. You clean up good.
The gentle touch of someone taking my hand distracted me, and I turned to find myself looking at my husband.
"Hello there, handsome," I said, smiling at him. Nevin might be able to clean up good, but Ams almost seemed made for a tux. Then again, he could put just about--
AAAGH! I'm sounding like him now! I thought, then laughed, confusing poor Ams for a moment.
After his puzzled expression faded, he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "May I have this dance?"
I grinned. "Yes, you may."
He helped me up, taking both hands. No offense, little guy... but I can't wait to get you out of there. I miss being able to get up without help or grabbing on to something.
We walked out to the floor, and I noticed Nevin and his blonde companion were on the floor as well, and Canjra had just twirled back into Solo's arms. After I moment, I realized the blonde was the lieutenant that I met on Tatooine.
She looks different. More... confident. Assured.
"Wife? Oh... was she the one...?" I heard my little sister ask, and glanced over to see Organa Solo glaring daggers at both her and Solo.
Someone's gonna have a frosty night, I thought.

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Space Jawa
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
”By the way, 4-LOM has a program that your friend might be interested in. It's his own creation, the same thing he has in his droidekas.”

”I shall want to take a look at that programming later.” The droid said as Murgth'a started to walk off.

”You’re actually going to consider taking programming from a stranger?” Drake asked, being careful that he wasn’t heard by the person who had just approached him.
”Of course not. I intend to take the programming, deconstruct it, and personalize it to my own likings, allowing for both the elimination of any potential risks to my primary systems, and, if I do say so myself, creating a better program.” He said in an equally quiet voice.
”Alright, so meanwhile, I want you to see if you can find a better position to take a look at the crowd. See if you can’t get up higher or something.”
”And then tackle anyone who looks suspicious.”
”He’s not tackling anyone.”
”Bore-ing”
”I shall inform you if I find anything that looks suspicious.”

With that, R3 proceeded to move across the room, keeping close to the wall, trying to find a location from which he could get a better view of the room while scanning and viewing it with his various droid sensors.

R3-B
Drake IIM-3's loyal companion

Assests:
99,850 Credits

Nora Stark
Owner and head of StarteK Industries

Assets:
21,350,000 Credits
StarteK Industries

Last edited by Space Jawa on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

“I didn’t know you were planning to be my date here or whatever,” Nevin muttered as Salla encapsulated her fiery eyes in a polite, outwardly expression for the rest of the attendees. When she had finally found Nevin at the table, she’d quickly pulled him to the floor in an almost obsessive manner, agitated that she was left in their room.

She turned to her back to the wandering eyes near the Solos’ table. Nevin, though basically dead weight – never dancing before in his life – managed to make the turn without looking too awkward. Over Salla’s head, he saw Shayera seated with Leia, both of their eyes looking between Salla, him and Solo on the floor with the other Thanagarian. Nevin had never expected his former enemy and one of his newfound friends having, what obviously was…girl talk.

Rolling his eyes and pulling Salla ever-so-slightly closer, he made the turn the woman had initiated full-circle, bringing them both back to their original position.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

This was recently brought to my attention, by there are no weapons being carried by guests in the Ballroom. The only armed beings with in the room are the guards.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

As the music continued, Han gradually began to regret his decision to take the Thanagarian woman out onto the dance floor. The gesture had seemed harmless at first and opened the perfect opportunity for Han to show off, but it soon spiraled off into a political conversation which Han had no intention of participating in. But still, he smiled and nodded and added his opinion in where needed. It seemed to keep the bird woman occupied and satisfied for the most part and that's what mattered.

Han brought the woman around in another dip before finally coming to a halt as the music began to shift to a much slower and tamer tempo. That was where he drew the line. He nodded his head and pulled away from her. "Well, that's as far as I go," he said with a faint smirk. "You know, you ain't as bad as you say. Now just don't let it go to your head so you can remember our agreement, huh?" He flashed her another grin before turning his back on her and heading back to the table.

A strange wave of light-headedness washed over him as he approached the table and he stumbled for a moment. He grasped a nearby chair to steady himself and shook his head a few times to clear it. He stood there a few more moments before his head cleared and he continued on to the table.

But as he drew closer to the table, another sight caught his attention that caused that strange, drunkened feeling to return permanently. That Imperial bird woman was sittin' with his wife! An audible growl escaped his lips as he swaggered over to the table, stumbling into another chair before crashing down in an unoccupied seat. "Fancy seein' you here," he mumbled with a slur at the bird woman.

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

As the couple moved awkwardly about the dance floor, Salla's eyes were focused intently on Nevin's feet. Each time he would thrust forward in another move, the threat of him treading on her exposed toes heightened and she found herself holding her breath every time he did so. But the elation that he was even dancing with her overcame that threat somewhat. Well, after what he pulled, the least he could do was dance with her.

Nevin finally spoke up after several long moments of silence and Salla finally dared to look up into his blue eyes. What he said brought a mixture of anger and relief to her being. She felt her cheeks beginning to flush pink as she managed a small smile. "Well, we did score a room together," she rubbed in his face with a humorous tone. "Why not take it the extra mile and call it a date, hmm?"

She paused for a moment before shifting her gaze beyond his shoulder. "Although, you did forget me in the room. Is that a subtle hint that I failed to pick up? Didn't you want to come here with me?" She took a deep breath and blew it out slowly before she gathered the courage to ask the next part. "Did you not want a date?" she dared to ask.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

Not really, he thought to himself. It hadn’t occurred that to him that she’d even want one, much less that she wanted to dance with him. “Well, I didn’t know you wanted one,” he muttered, slightly nervous.

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

“So, that’s that,” Leia said, concluding a story she had been sharing with Mrs. Jendob. She smiled slightly after sharing the anecdote, then looked up with disgust to see her husband barge into – literally – the table as he nearly tripped over the chair.

Drunk. Again. “Weren’t you dancing?”

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

I looked back at Solo after his slurred remark. "Well, I do live on this planet."
Then I turned back to Organa Solo, however, she was busy scolding her husband.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

Han couldn't understand why he felt like this. As far as he could recall, he only had one drink...didn't he? Ah, hell! No matter how many he had or whatever caused him to feel like this, it was sure a rush! He would figure out the fine details later...if he remembered them.

"Oh, do ya now," he addressed to the bird woman as she spoke. He laughed for a moment at his own comment before becoming serious. "I would've never known. Ya know, it's not everyday the citizens walk around this planet with wings stickin' outta their backs like some giant bird or angel or bug or...whatever." He smirked stupidly at her before turning toward his wife as she spoke.

"Oh, and what do you want?" he inquired of Leia as he leaned forward in his seat. The table was literally the only thing holding him upright. He sat in silence for a moment just studying her face with a stupid smirk before the question she had asked him finally sank into his head. "Dancin'. Yea, I was doin' that. But the music stopped and me and the bird lady couldn't move anymore so we sat down. I was bored with it anyway."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject:

"Ugh," She said as she turned away from Han. "Excuse him," Leia said to Shayera before turning back to Han. "Get back to the room," she said with a silent threat beneath her tone. "You've caused enough trouble for one day and I won't have you causing any more."

She turned away from him again and made a mental note that her husband owed her big for not cursing him right here in this ballroom.

Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:

"You didn't know," she mumbled more as a statement than a question. Salla blew out an exasperated sigh and turned her head in the opposite direction. She couldn't believe him! After how he warmed up to her on the night of their arrival and this is how he ends up treating her?

"Well, no offense, but you sure gave me a strong hint of that back at the room the other night." She stopped to allow Nevin to pull her into another turn before continuing, now looking deep into his eyes. "Tell me the truth, Nevin. Are you toying with me or what's going on between us?" She didn't want to hurt him, but how else was she going to drag the truth out of him? This was driving her insane and she needed an answer.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Kyp drank down a little last bit of a glass of water and glanced towards Galien. He had other things to do tonight, and he had no time to waste here. That thought slowly krept up on him, though he had a duty he was actually having quite a fun time. Inside he'd miss Galien but did not let himself grow attached or even hint towards it....for now.

"Galien, I gotta go." he said as he slowly put the glass down. Again he didn't want to leave, espcially without Master.

"Well, again it was nice to meet you." she paused hinting towards another statement. "May the force be with you." she finished.

Allowing his body to get up, Kyp walked away. He was happy he had gotten some time to get away from being a Jedi. The Jedi trials lingering in his head. Before long Kyp found himself outside as he hopped into a speeder and back off towards the hotel.

katie

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Cassie noticed Solo was leaving, and swore under her breath. He can't go yet! I still need to see him.

She ran after him, but he already staggered past the guards, who had reluctantly returned his pistol. Solo grabbed it, muttering something and stumbling into the back of one of the Hotel's personal speeders.

She followed him, but the guards stopped her. They scanned her for any weapons, explosives, or other items, then handed her back her little switch-blade knife that she got from her father. She never went anywhere without it, and it was the only reminder left of him in her life. Ever since he was cruelly robbed from her seven years ago, she had been seeking out the scum that killed him. And after she talked with Solo, she knew just where to go for revenge.

With that, she got into another speeder waiting outside the building, and rode back to the Hotel.

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

The blonde lieutenant seemed to be giving Nevin a hard time. And I really needed to talk to him, so, reluctantly, I turned to Organa Solo.
"Excuse me, for a moment, ma'am."
I got up, with some effort, and walked over to the former Grand Moff. Gently tapping him on the shoulder, I asked after he turned to me, "Can I talk to you for a minute, Nev? If I'm not interrupting anything?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Nevin was saved from the peculiar question by the woman speaking to him from behind. Relieved, he dropped his hands away from Salla and turned around. "No, nothing," he said as he glanced over at Salla. "I'll be back in a minute."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I smiled at the younger woman. "I'll bring him right back. Promise."
Her green eyes smoldered.
I walked with Nevin out of earshot.
"So, how have you been, Nev? We didn't get to talk much on Mon Cal."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

He followed behind her until they were on the other side of the dance floor, where it was quieter. He stopped and looked down at her as she spoke. "Good enough," Nevin said with a smirk. "We would've talked more if someone didn't collapse the trial."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

I smirked and rolled my eyes, and took his hands. "I doubt it, pal."
I knew what I wanted to say, but... it was so hard. What if he said no? Or was put off? After all, he and Ams were still on bad terms with each other.
"Hey, Nev... remember Anteevy? In the ice cave?" I started, taking it slow.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

He glanced down at their connecting hands. What was she up to? "Yeah," he said, inflecting the last word as to prompt her to continue.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

"Well, I still think about that. And I can't thank you enough for at least saving the baby," I continued as we started to dance. Maybe the Ball wasn't the best place, but then again, it wasn't like I could invite him over for a cold one and talk to him in the living room. "Nevin, without you, this baby wouldn't be born in a month or so."

Last edited by Shayera Hol on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Nevin uncomfortably followed along with her feet. He wished she hadn't brought that up again. He wasn't one to accept compliments readily. "It's nothing," he downplayed. "You would've done it for me...well, if there were some, eh, fundamental changes in my body," he said, smiling stupidly at what he said.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Nevin uncomfortably followed along with her feet. He wished she hadn't brought that up again. He wasn't one to accept compliments readily. "It's nothing," he downplayed. "You would've done it for me...well, if there were some, eh, fundamental changes in my body," he said, smiling stupidly at what he said.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I laughed softly. The old Nevin was coming back, but from the other side. Well, at least it was him.
"Well, I know how you can be with compliments and stuff, but, I have something serious I want to ask you. It's about the baby, and it's about you."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

"Yeah?" He asked, still not overly interested in hearing this.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Nevin didn't sound too interested. Meh. It's important to me, though.
Finally, I spat it out. "Nevin, I was wondering if I could ask you to be the baby's godfather. You've really been a great friend for most of the time I've known you, and you're the reason this baby and I are even alive for you to be asked."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

As the song ended, he stared her straight into her green eyes. What she was asking was something he was unfamiliar with. Mantellian culture, at least in its current state, hadn't developed many nicities and the birth of a child was usually kept as quiet as possible so the Corellians, or Imperials, wouldn't attempt to draft them into planetary service. Sure, maybe a few friends would know if the parents were unable to take care of the child for some reason, but it wasn't anything particularly special. Still, he had become aqquainted with the galactic idea, and he knew it must have meant alot to her. It made him hesitant.

"You can find someone better than me," he persuaded.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I cocked an eyebrow. "Like who, Nev? Yittreas?" I joked.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Nevin had to smile. "I doubt your social life is that bad."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I laughed again, ignoring his skill (or lack thereof) with dancing. Then again, not everyone could be Ams on the dance floor.
"Nevin, it's... I don't know. I really think of you as a friend, and if anyone deserves the title, it's the man who saved us both on Anteevy," I answered him, searching his deep blue eyes.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

After a few moments he looked away and nodded slightly. "But I don't think your husband would appreciate it."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

"Ams? He wasn't too sure, honestly," I told the younger man, then smirked. "Then again, he's not the one that gets to give birth."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

"Guess so," Nevin responded then began to work his way over to the table, looking at Salla and gesturing for Shayera to follow him. "Well, if you want me to...alright, then."

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I smiled broadly, and threw my arms around him and squeezed.
"Thank you!" I whispered happily, and before I could stop myself, kissed him on the cheek. "Oh... I'm sorry," I said, now embarrassed for both of us. "But thank you."
He smiled, still stuck in the embrace. "It's okay, Shy," Nevin teased.
A brief surge of anger welled up... but then was replaced by humor. "You know... most people get decked for thinking of calling me that. But for you, I'll make an exception," I smirked, hugging him again. "Now, you better get back to your date before she pulls a gun."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

As if you could deck me, Nevin wanted to say with a witty tone, but decided against it. "Well, I feel really honored today," he joked again.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

I grinned. "Thank you, Nevin. But seriously, get back to her. I'm sorry for interrupting," I urged. All Seven Hells hath no fury...

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Antilles smirked and glanced around. Salla was nowhere to be seen. He turned around again and surveyed the dancefloor. Nothing. She must have left. Sighing, he waved a sloppy good-bye to Shayera and walked back to the table where Han had been a few moments ago - of course, he had left before Nevin had even began dancing with Salla.

However, there was still one very concerned former-princess seated at the table. She glanced up at him and gave him a small, but genuine, smile. He gave a slight nod back at her and sat down. "Having fun?"

Usually, the Chief in State would probably balk at the chit-chat, but she had grown comfortable around Nevin. She was probably a good ally to have. "I would be if my husband wasn't an ungrateful, boisterous ba--" She sighed and cut herself off. "Sorry. After the episode to day, I thought it would be nice to actually see the Alliance and the Empire together. All of us. Sober."

Nevin smiled at Organa Solo's pouring-forth of her feelings. "Well, if it means anything, my date left too," he empathized with a humorous tone in his voice.

"A nice, attractive guy like you?" She said, her face finally releasing some of its grimness.

"Guess so," he said. "I think she got sick of waiting for me."

"I saw you dancing. She seemed kind of tense."

"Kinda," he repeated, realizing how much of an understatement it was.

"Well," she started, leaning back into your seat. "If you're not having a good time, I won't hurt you if you leave," Leia said with a slight smile. "Actually, I was wondering if you could go check on Han for me. He was...pretty bad, I wouldn't doubt if he was stuck in the lift, going up and down."

Nevin stood up, almost too eagerly. "Sure...um, if that's an order, Chief in State."

Leia shook her head slightly and smiled, gesturing him off with her hand. "It's an order, Admiral." She watched him walk away and looked back down at the table, staring at the hand which sported her wedding ring. There was something else in the back of her mind...

Nevin walked out of the room, immediately pulling his tie off and pulling the shirt tails out from his pants. Most annoying feeling ever. He ran into the turbolift and punched in the correct number. He waited.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

Shayera came back. The Ball was finally winding down, and Nevin and several others already left. Canjra and Hro had found a couple dance partners during the night, and Shayera and I danced for most of it, excepting her talk with Nevin and my brief dance with Canjra.
"Ready to go, Shy?" I asked her.
She nodded. "Whenever you are."
Hro and Canjra joined us. "Mind if we tag along, at least back to our rooms?" my sister-in-law asked.
I smiled. "Not at all."
"Actually, I can't make it," Shayera sighed. "I'm dead tired, and these shoes are killing me."
"Ah, that's okay, hermana," Hro answered. "It's pretty late, and you need all the rest you can get." His tone was tinged with a hint of bitterness. Shayera had recounted the story of how Hro lost his wife and baby while on a mission a long time ago.
"All right. Ams, I'll meet you at home," Shayera said.
I turned to her brother and sister. "Shall we?" I asked as the Hotel speeder pulled up.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Boba, now ever so slightly bored with the observation of his target, dug his comlink out of his suit, and looked at the small screen on the device. Glancing at it for a few seconds, he put it back in his suit, stood up, and made to leave the ball room. He would be back before it ended, even if this was a trap.

Taking one last look into the ball room, Boba left. Walking out of the palace, after collecting his blaster, he made his way to his hotel room, passing through the various security checks. He wasn't going to this meeting without his armor.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

After a short but interesting conversation with Master Yoogle I bid my farewell as I was leaving. This had turned out to be a rather boring night, one I could have spent doing zero-grav hand to hand combat training in.

I sighed. After retrieving my weapons from security, I made my way back to the hotel. Again, I chose to walk there.

Commodore Kalydon Skirata--Venator Black Star

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

— Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Selena Heckler
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Sarafina had enjoyed everything.

" Having fun Erics?" Sarafina replied.

I sure am, but I want more fun with Jase

Sarafina thought as a smirk appeared onto her face.

Asrith Yeon
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

" I'm boooooooored, " Erics said, pushing the food around on his plate and looking up at Sarafina. He didn't like being here, especially having to wear these clothes. Jase had told him it was just for tonight, that was all. Erics still didn't like it, he felt stupid wearing them. " And I don''t like these clothes, they're stupid and itchy."
-------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Jase had other things on his mind. Rumors of murder were spreading quickly through the guests. Indeed, he had felt a slight disturbance in the Force earlier, though nothing that had concerned him. of course, now that he knew someone else had been killed, his curiosity had been piqued. Death would always interest him, it was the only thing he was truly good at, killing.

He walked over to Sarafina and Erics, tousling the boy's hair. " I hear talk of murder," he said to Sarafina. " i want you to take Erics back to the room while I go check it out." He leaned down and kissed her softly. She was a picture of beauty tonight, he would have to spend extra attention on her when he got back to the room. " Awww, but Jase....", Erics began to whine. " No buts, kid, back to the room." With that, Jase left the ballroom, heading up to where he had heard the murder had taken place.

Jase Denora
Jedi Knight, Member of the GA, all around smexy badass.

Erics Renaul
Ward of Jase Denora

Death is a beautiful thing.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Coruscant » Night 2 - Galaxy Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: