Explaining the Battle System
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Suggestions » Explaining the Battle System
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

And you keep stating that, it doesn't help the production of a [POSSIBLE] new system.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

He's stating, instead, that why should the effort be expended? After all, he seemed to adapt quite well, even having large numbers of fighters with him. The difference is he's willing to work within the system and trust his admins, while, since we won't permit 140,000 fighters to shoot at once, you want the system altered so you can do that. At least, that's how it seems.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
He's stating, instead, that why should the effort be expended? After all, he seemed to adapt quite well, even having large numbers of fighters with him. The difference is he's willing to work within the system and trust his admins, while, since we won't permit 140,000 fighters to shoot at once, you want the system altered so you can do that. At least, that's how it seems.

Exactly I have 10,000 Fighters, but I don't relly on them, instead I like small fleets of 20 or 40 ships. Now, if you use fighters to stop bombers, thats what their for. What you're saying alex is that we have CMAC calculate thousands or millions of shots at once, instead of hundreds. You say it'll quick the pace, but calculation time increases, and so does wait time. So, you have a problem - more shots at once = longer wait time, or standard = minutes if an admin is on. So, the current method is faster, and, use fighters rationally, not in uber amounts. 100,000 fighters leaves no room to manuver, and makes it that much harder to coodinate. The maint on 100,000 fighters is INSANE also. I'm surprised you can afford it, or that anyone could.

Alexus - Moskau, Moskau, Wirf die Gläser an die Wand says:
"About last night... was that condom working?"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Actually, you're exactly right... Confused

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Alexus
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

100,000 fighters attacking the same target would be very cramped... in the attack on Pearl Harbour the Japanese bombers had barely any room to maneuvre and they weren't being shot at much either...

Nespis - Democratic Republic - Pop 115,000,000,000 (Estimated) - two members

Alexus says:
I wonder what Moskau sounds like at double speed!
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
Alexus says:
WOAH

Alexus - Tora! Tora! Tora! says:
there's a lot of difference between me and VVD
about two feet
Ross says:
LOL

Crazed says:
LOL DILDOS
LOL
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

Not to be the devils advocate or anything, but a hundred thousand fighters is an issue, but you also have to consider perspectives, unique roles, the size of the target, etc.

For example, if you have a mobile missile boat, a class of Interceptors, a class of Fleet Defenders, a class of Bombers, and a class of attack fighters, that knocks you down to 20,000 per class (assuming total balance.) It is entirely possible for that many fighters, in that sort of configuration, to be attacking all at once. Missiles precision-fired in gabs between squadron formations of attack fighters, fleet defenders firing missiles as well, Interceptors pinpointing enemy fighters, and bombers strafing above the top plane (placing the defending vessel between the attacking vessel and the planetary gravititaional pull).

Complicating matters, even if you split ach of THOSE five groups into five seperate groups, leaving only 4,000 fighters per group per type to attack, their speed when compared to the behemoth ship would allow them to cycle through and have one group attack per second then pull away, giving the next group ample room to fire, etc. In RotJ, that was the strategy employed by Imperials: Set up consecutive ranks of virtually identical fighters to give a continues circle of fire.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Suggestions » Explaining the Battle System
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: