Nova Nova Restaurant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Nova Nova Restaurant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Nova Nova Restaurant

The waiter droid hovered next to the table, waiting for a decision.
"Hmm. Well, I know what you'll get, Ams. So, better make it two medium-dry Shesharilian vodka martinis, shaken, not stirred," Shayera said.
I smiled at her. She was wearing her dress uniform, the red-trimmed, white fabric interacting with her wings to give her an angelic appearence. The six red-gold bars affixed to her rank plaque shone like new. Her Silver Star also gleamed in the lighting. But I didn't care what rank she was or which medals hung from her jacket. All that mattered was the lovely woman beneath the uniform.
"Can I bring you anything else at the moment?"
I glanced at the waiterdroid, slightly irritated for having my train of thought interrupted. "No, thank you."
The droid hovered off. I turned back to Shayera.
"I can't believe we got in here. This place is always booked."
She shrugged. "See? I told you to try."
I smiled. "Good call. So, how does it feel to be free as a bird again?"
She narrowed her eyes jokingly. "What's the supposed to mean?"
I mentally kicked myself. Nice one, idiot. "Uh, I mean being out of jail."
She laughed. "It's good. Solitary confinement sucks."
I chuckled. "I'm sure. I wonder--"
Shayera glanced up and cleared her throat. I looked back.
"Hello, Ams. Administrator."
"Diana," I said flatly.
She looked uncomfortable. "Um, I have an odd request to make."
Shayera raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"
"I'm waiting for someone, but they haven't show up yet. Can I sit with you until they do?"
I almost scoffed out loud. Shayera displayed a doubtful look as well.
My ex-lover sighed. "I know you're both upset with me. I was just doing my job," she admitted as she smoothed out her red dress.
I was about to tell her what she could do with her job when Shayera spoke first. "I understand. It's okay, Diana. You can sit here."
The other woman smiled a little and sat next to my wife. I had to admit, she was still beautiful. Her strapless, red dress was of a low, yet somewhat conservative cut. A sable band of material rimmed the top of the dress. Her blue eyes sparkled under her dark brows. It was a rather odd sight to see the two women I had loved the most in my life sitting next to each other.
"Can I ask you two something?" Diana queried. When she received a nod from Shayera and I, she asked, "How long have you two been married?"
"Five months, twenty-one days," I said automatically, and came under the scrunity of two blue and two green orbs.
"You keep track that closely?" Shayera asked, a little stunned and somewhat amused.
I shrugged. "Actually, I figured it out today, before I picked you up."
Diana laughed. "Yeah, he gets weird when he's bored."
"I know," Shayera grinned. "He was like that at the Academy. Figuring out to the minute how much longer until graduation... during our sophomore year."
Diana laughed heartily, and I even I had to chuckle. "This coming from the woman who would tell the hand-to-hand instructors their moves would be useless."
"But, I was right," Shy grinned. "They'd tell me to take them on personally, and I kicked their asses."
Di chuckled softly. "Sounds like me and Ams on Ord Mantell. Knocked him flat after we met."
"I did the same thing on Naboo."
I looked over at the Thanagarian. "Yeah. Clipped my jaw after I said "hi.'"
"Because you left suddenly nine years before," she pointed out. "But we sorted it out that night."
Diana quirked an eyebrow.
"Not like that," I amended.
The raven-haired woman chuckled. "Not that. I think I see her... Lara! Over here!" she called, waving an arm.
"Hey," I heard a somewhat familiar voice say from behind. I turned to see who it was. "How are you Di--Ams?!"
My eyes widened. "Lara?"
"You two know each other?" Shayera and Diana asked simultaneously. Then, at the same time, they realized what was going on.
"You had an affair with my sister?!" Diana hissed.
"Your sister?" I asked, stunned.
"Diana Cropht, Lara Cropht... No connection?"
My jaw dropped. "Um..."
"Okay, okay. Everyone, just calm down," Shayera said.
Lara glared. "And who are you?"
"Like I explained to your sister a few days ago, I'm his wife."
"Oh," the newcomer said, her voice deflated.
But Diana was still angry. "How the hell could you do it with my sister? Especially after what you and I had?"
"Um, actually, I knew her before you, Di," I nervously pointed out.
Anger flashed in those blue irises. "And that makes it better?"
"No, but--Gah, I give up. I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of."
Lara leaned down. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"Hey, back off. He said he's sorry. He didn't know, okay?" Shayera defended.
Diana looked over at her. "Why are you protecting him? If I were you, I'd be even more pissed!"
Shy gritted her teeth. "I don't agree with what he did--and, for your information, I'm not happy about it--but I'm not going to get into a brawl over it. Last thing I need is being stuck in solitary again."
Her joke seemed to lighten the mood a little.
"Yeah, if I have to hear 'Oh, Ams... That's so good' from the survelliance cameras again, I'll puke," Di quipped.
Lara was still fuming slightly, but she sat down, next to me and across from her sister.
The tension was still somewhat palpable. What had started as just taking Shayera out to a nice dinner had just gotten very, very complicated.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Calias checked his suit over and over to make sure it was perfect before he had picked up Andorra. Calias found it hard to drive the speeder without staring at her. They talked casually for a while and after a few minutes they arrived at the restaurant.

Andorra smiled which grew into laughter. Calias looked at her with a grin and said, "What is it?"

Andorra blushed then said, "I used to perform here. The manager is a good friend of mine..."

Calias nodded then opened his door and stepped out. He walked around the speeder to open Andorra's door. A droid approached them and asked if they wanted the speeder parked safely away. Calias nodded then gave the droid a few credits.

They walked up the steps and entered the large doors of the restaurant and were almost immediately greeted by fans. They hovered around Andorra for a few seconds before she waved them off saying, "Please I'm on a date. Catch me later" Surprisingly they went away, all with a smile...

"Smooth" Calias told her

"You pick up a few tricks from now and then" Andorra responded then she was greeted by several droids., "In the usual spot please... Calias you'll love this spot."

They entered through another set of doors and apparently Andorra's usual was taken by a pair of imperial officers and what appeared to be their guests. The manager came around and asked, "Andorra, darling, shall I ask them to leave?"

"No, that wont be necessary, we'll take the seats next to them." Andorra said

Calias nodded in agreement then they took their seats. They took the menus that was handed to them and began to look over the meals when they overheard one of the three women say, "Yeah, if I have to hear 'Oh, Ams... That's so good' from the surveillance cameras again, I'll puke"

Calias almost laughed out loud but avoided it by lifting up a napkin. Andorra covered her laughter by coughing. They looked at each other, hoping they didnít attract any attention.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Andorra finished her "coughing" fit. Then decided to order a salad and a blue drink, Arlyn's favorite. Calias ordered somekind of meat and a side salad.

They broke into a conversation about LAMDA's future on mining...Normally it would not be appealing but the way Calias interacted with his own story, made it enjoyable. Calias stopped midsentence of describing mining equiptment and pulled out a LAMDA comm device.

"Yes?" he said quietly, "This better be important"

Andorra couldn't hear what it said, but it was obviously important. Calias smiled then leaned over the table and whispered," We have to talk...later..."

He smiled then took a sip out of his glass.
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LAMDA was going in a different direction and it needed its Vice President. He decided it was best to wait until after their dinner was finished. Afterwards would be a good time to inform Andorra of the good news.

A waiter came and took their order then left to prepare their meal.

"So, How is LAMDA?" Andorra asked

Calis looekd at her then said slyly, "We are having a bit of a relocation"

They looked at each other then Calias smiled...Andorra smiled back.
 Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Calias and Andorra finished their plates and talked about some of the Twi'lek's homewrold's history. Seeing as Ryloth always appealed to him. LAMDA sent them an urgent message and they had to rush off to the office. Leaving a large tip on the table and taking on last look at the Imperials next to them, they rushed off.
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:

I watched as the waiterdroid hovered off after taking our orders. A couple extra drinks were placed on the table, since there were a couple extra diners.
I found myself starting to like the Crophts a lot, despite stormy encounters with both of them. They were really friendly, not mention their gibes at Ams were quite amusing, despite that one somewhat shocking question from Lara. I never figured Ams had been into that sort of thing. But since even Diana gave them both odd looks, I figured Ams was past that phase.
"You know," I said after taking a sip from the martini, "I've always been trying to get Ams to talk about those nine years between Relias and Naboo. I only got him to open up today."
The other women chuckled, and Lara elbowed Ams in the ribs. "What's the matter, handsome? Trying to cover up?"
He gave her a sideways look. "I just never thought it... appropriate."
All three of us laughed.
"You didn't seem to concerned with propriety in the shower, Ams," Diana pointed out playfully.
"Or in that landspeeder," I noted.
"Or when you--"
Ams--thankfully--interrupted Lara. That was still a very disturbing image. "I get the picture. It's just that some people don't like hearing about their partner's past relationships."
"Well, maybe not being compared to them. But it's nice to know who to look out for so you don't haul off and belt them," I said. "By the way, how's the stomach, Di?"
"Better," she said, her tone half-amused, half-spiteful.
I smiled. "Sorry about that."
A smile crossed her lips too. "Don't worry about it."
Ams could sense we were about to turn back on him, so he spoke first. "So, ah, Lara," he began. "What are you up to these days?"
The younger woman shrugged. "Still digging in the ground. Archaeology is pretty rewarding on Corellia."
Diana sipped at her wine. "How is that dig going? You mentioned something about a find in your last letter."
The brown-haired woman shook her head. "Turned out to be a modern power core instead of some ancient artifact. Some idiot must have buried it." Then she turned back to Ams. His dashing form filled out the tuxedo very well. "How's the spy business doing?"
"If I told you, I'd have to kill you," he joked.
She scoffed. "Yeah, yeah. All that hush-hush crap. What about you, Shayera? What do you do?"
I smiled warmly at Ams even though the question originated from Lara. "I'm Ams's chief of security. Basically, his bodyguard."
Then I let a mischievous lilt creep into my tone. "Hell of a body to guard."
That got laughs all around.

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Nova Nova Restaurant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: