Landing Pad - Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Landing Pad - Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julian Khel

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Landing Pad - Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)

The sultry sea air smacked me hard in the face as I stepped down the extended landing ramp of the Hope. I had prepared myself for the worst of conditions on the water planet, but this was something that would take anyone off guard. Particularly those used to sitting in an enclosed sandstone structure on a desert planet such as Tatooine.

But I had a job to do and inclimate weather was not going to stop me. Although, conditions had improved immensely. According to reports of the incident, the prisoner had gone missing during a prison break in the middle of a Mon Cal typhoon. Just the name gave me shivers. I was glad I wasn't stuck snooping around the facilities in that mess.

Nevertheless my men and I were prepared for the worse. My small contingent of eight troops followed on my heels as I set out to meet the officer on duty of the Emerlax platforms. I found him halfway across the landing pad dressed in a grey Alliance-issued uniform with a pack of Mon Calamari natives swarmed about him.

I lifted my hand to halt my troops and approached the group cautiously with my other hand resting on the butt of my DL-44. Just in case something broke out, of course.

"Captain," I called out, noticing the rank insignia pinned to his breast for the first time. "Quite the operation you're running here. I haven't seen so much disarray since we cleared out that womp rat's nest from Borsk Fey'yla's quarters on Tatooine. And we all know how badly Bothans and desert rodents mix."

The husky captain sputtered in the middle of his sentence and pushed through the group of natives. Obviously my sudden appearance had caught him off guard. It made me wonder what this man was doing and if it was illegal to Alliance standards. I made a note to file that into my formal report.

"Uh, sorry, sir," the deck captain barely made the words come together as he issued a sloppy salute. "I didn't see your ship land!"

I studied the man for a moment before angling my gaze back over my shoulder to peer at my spacecraft. "That's a pretty big object to miss, Captain. Now I do wonder what kind of shift you run." I stomped my boot against the duracrete surface to get rid of the natives before turning back to the nervous man with an outstretched hand. "General Julian Khel. I'm here to run the investigation concerning the disappearance of Prime Unu Flint. Any and all information you have concerning the incident is to be turned over to either myself or my men. We have clearance to sweep the hotel and the lower level prison facilities. Is that clear, Captain?"

The man's mouth was agape as I explained everything to him. I began to wonder if he even knew a prisoner had broken out of the facility beneath our feet. He seemed oblivious to everything else going on around him. But still, he responded in turn. "Crystal," was his blunt reply.

I nodded my head with a brief smile before gesturing to my men that we were moving ahead. "Very good, Captain. If it's alright with you, I'd like to begin my investigation right away." I pushed past the man and began to make my way toward an awaiting speeder which will whisk us away to the hotel where things began.

"And one more thing," I said, turning to look over my shoulder once more. "If things aren't straightened out by the time I return, expect a transfer to another station." I smiled again before turning my back on the poor soul who called himself captain. Captain indeed.

Last edited by Julian Khel on Tue May 16, 2006 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Landing Pad - Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: