TIE Defender "Fenrir"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » TIE Defender "Fenrir"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: TIE Defender "Fenrir"

Pilot: Unknown (Swali Onca)

Privately Owned

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Last edited by Swali on Sun May 07, 2006 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I walked to my TIE Defender and was stopped by a supervisor.

"What are you doing? I've never seen you around here," he said.

"I'm new here, so that's probably why you haven't seen me. I was told to do a final inspection on this TIE Defender's cockpit before it was sent out to its buyer," I responded.

"Well, that's already been done and this ship is being picked up here," he replied.

"Well, no harm in looking again," I replied.

"I s'pose not. Go ahead," he conceded.

I entered the fighter and placed the equipment box in a storage compartment. I closed the hatch and activated the communications, tuning in to the flight deck's traffic control.

"This is TIE Defender Phantom, requesting clearance to take off for final test flight, over," I said.

"You're not due for another couple of hours...over" was my reply.

"I didn't have anything else to do and wanted to get this done early, over," I replied.

"Alright. You're clear for take off Phantom, over," he said.

With that, I activated the fighter and left the hangar bay, reactivating Pintsize. He was about to argue when I said, "Not now, Pintsize. For now, I need you to begin entering hyperdrive coordinates." He was about to protest when I threatened to never buy cake mix again. After that, he began putting in the coordinates I'd suggested.

I flew out of the gravity well of the planet. The station must have noticed and I was notified, "You're leaving the gravity well of the planet. Return at once."

I was prepared for this. I had been powering up and deactivating my weapons, shields, sensors, and even engines, letting me drift a little ways, a short distance after I had left the station. I replied, "I'm having some difficulties with my power system. Other vital systems are going nuts," I said.

"Affirmative. We see that now. We'll position ourselves to pull you back in with our tractors," was their response. I looked at the distance we needed to leave the well and looked at Pintsize's progress. He was done, but we weren't quite there. If I gunned the engine, I would make it. I went for it. I ceased turning of systems and put all my power to the engines, speeding for the mark.

I kept my eyes on the meter...it was constantly counting down. 200...100...0. I turned my attention to the hyperdrive and activated it. I was gone.

Phantom is en route to Yinchorr

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Swali

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

While in hyperspace, I took Pintsize apart and cleaned him out. I was about ready to just leave him in that state when I was finished, but couldn't. Wouldn't have been very nice. It was trying on my patience when his head turned on during the cleaning and started making stupid puns. I threatened to throw him out and just let him float in space, after we arrived. He stayed quiet the rest of the time.

Once he was cleaned, I had Pintsize change the identifying data of the fighter. I was entering dangerous territory and needed every bit of edge I could muster. The name of the vessel was changed to Fenrir and all of its ID codes were altered, as well.

It took a while for the fighter to exit hyperspace over Yinchorr. I spent most of the trip sleeping, or at least trying to. It's very lonely, all by yourself. Of course, there was Pintsize, but he spent most of the trip configuring himself. It was the most time I'd spent alone...for a long time.

It was a relief to finally come out of hyperspace. To see a planet, no matter which one, below you. Hell, it could've been Yoggoy for all I cared. There was no chance of that, though. There were IMC military products everywhere.

Here came the tricky part. There was no way I'd be given clearance to land at the military base. I had to use civilian clearance, or I'd be arrested as soon as I landed. Just as I thought, I was contacted. I was given a brief (and I mean brief) period of time to give clearance ID and specify destination. I had to look at a map of Yinchorr quick (and not a civilian one, either) to look where the training grounds were. Time was almost up before I sent a response. The time between my message and confirmation seemed like an age. I thought I was caught for sure.

I wasn't, but I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I was given clearance to land at a city, closest to the training grounds. Bear in mind, that's not that close. It would still take some sort of transportation. I landed Fenrir for a small fee, and took Pintsize with me.

From there, it was relatively a breeze. I found a hotel and booked in, checking the place for surveillance equipment. After I was satisfied, I looked at a map of the area again, wondering how I was going to get there without getting myself killed. Probably impossible. Oh well, something would come to me.

Seraph

I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » TIE Defender "Fenrir"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: