Lower levels, Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Lower levels, Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Lower levels, Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)

Just a note, this conversation is NOT sensed through the Force, through eavesdropping, through listening devices, or through anything else. Ams is carrying a jamming device, and many listening devices were destroyed by the storms. No one knows about this meeting, and they never will, unless Nevin or Ams tells them. This is part of the endgame plot.

Nevin’s boots slid slickly across the water-coated, slightly run-down section of the massive Emerlax platform. The storm that had been raging steadily across this section of the massive Calamarian sea had ended earlier in the day, leaving this particular section almost flooded with the aquatic refuse. The storm had carried on for nearly three weeks.

Still, the wake of the storm had left the skies darkened and sent a mistier-than-usual breeze wafting through the lower atmosphere of this portion of the planet. Most of the water hadn’t been able to drain back into the sea, as this area was below the massive Gaelorth plaza. The water kept pouring down from the massive aqueduct-like structures that functioned much like gutters, channeling the water out of the courtyards and down onto the lower areas of the platform. As a rather stupid engineering flaw, the water that actually flowed to the lower portion didn’t flow out into the sea, as it was not sloped. Instead, it drained into several tiny and far-spread storm gutters. It was surprisingly inefficient for an aquatic planet, but it worked.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out what hotel held the monopoly on this platform…

Yet here he was. He’d received a call on a secure channel requesting him to come to this position immediately after the storm ended. So, he had came, blaster in hand, and in obvious sight of anyone that would try to take a potshot at him. Unlikely, but this seemed like the shady part of the Emerlax – it didn’t hurt to be prepared. After all, today was the anniversary of his “departure” from the Empire.

And then, like an ironic reply to his last thoughts, a man came stepping through the water. It was just who Nevin suspected it would be. Crossing his arms over his chest, Nevin watched as the man came to a halt before him. He brushed some lint from his jacket.

“Hello, Admiral,” Ams Jendob, the reason Nevin Antilles had left the Empire one year ago today, said.

Nevin had to stand in awe for a moment. Admiral? “Cut the shit, Ams,” he muttered, disregarding the pointless formalities. “You’d better have a reason for calling me out here…if not, the ocean is a big place to find a body.” He informed with a studying glance.

“Well, you know what happen at the trial,” Ams started, his tone sounding as if he was reconsidering ever calling Nevin here.

Yes, Nevin knew what happened. If he recalled correctly, it was Jendob’s wife that started the whole escapade, ending with a near-fist fight with Jax and the security chief. “You might have better luck talking to Organa Solo bout that. I’m not a diplomat.”

“I know,” Jendob said. “I don’t want a diplomat. I spoke with Organa Solo, hoping to get Flint turned over to us for an interrogation before you do whatever it was you were going to do. However, she won’t permit him to leave the planet.”

“You don’t need to restate policy to me,” Nevin reminded. It had been made quite clear that the little insect was to stay in his cell. He hated it. “I know that already,” he continued with a resentful tone. “He’d be safer on the Storm with these attacks Pallanaan’s going on about.”

“I’d rather interrogate him away from that wench’s influence.”

Antilles scoffed. “I’d rather send him into a Kesslian black hole.”

“That could be arranged too.”

“Look, if you don’t get to the point, this blaster is starting to nudge my finger backwards…”

“I can’t get Flint through official channels,” Jendob went on quickly. “So, I’m trying unofficial ones.”

Unofficial channels? Nevin didn’t exactly like where this was going. He uncrossed his arms and let them fall to his side, so as to be able to aim the blaster quickly if need be. “Is that so?”

“Yes.”

“Wait,” Antilles started. “So you want me to kill him?”

“No,” The Moff replied simply.

“You’re not a droid, Jendob, what do you want?” He growled, getting annoyed at Ams’ short, uninformative answers.

“I want Flint in Imperial custody,” Jendob finally admitted.

Nevin smirked, almost not believing what he was hearing. His worst enemy in the universe came to his own worst enemy, asking for him to violate the rules of a government that managed to give him solace? Furthermore, to violate the rules and turn Unu Flint over to the Empire? Gods, he was bold. Or just really underestimating. Or just stupid. “You came to the wrong person.”

“I was thinking of letting Isard toy with him,” Jendob quipped.

“So, you never had any intention of going through with this trial,” Nevin figured. “For some reason, I figured that in the corridor yesterday.”

“If it wasn’t a show for Pallanén to flap her wings about and proclaim her superiority to all other lifeforms,” he paused as if to compose himself. “I’d have no problem. But it’s not a trial for Flint. His verdict is already known.”

“You don’t have to sugarcoat it. You just want him dead.” Nevin deduced, although he could certainly sympathize.

“Yes,” Jendob confirmed, then finished firmly. “And quietly.”

Nevin smiled. He didn’t smile because of Jendob’s true coldhearted nature, and he didn’t smile because he thought this whole thing was a joke. He was smiling because he wanted to smile, and because he wanted Flint dead, like everyone else in this galaxy. Well, and I tiny bit was Jendob’s true nature, he guessed. “And I thought the Empire had really changed,” he snorted.

As Ams cocked his left eyebrow, Nevin decided that the need for his blaster was now null. He shoved it back into his holster and said, “I wouldn’t mind killing this bastard and letting the galaxy get on with its life.”

“Good,” Ams said, cruelly satisfied.

“But I need some reassurance.”

“Of?”

“That you’re going to kill him and that you’re not going to be a mole,” Nevin grumbled.

“Nevin, if I informed anyone of this, it’d be my head,” Ams assured him.

“I recall the High Command assigning several secret missions like this. Maybe you’re trying to get my head on Organa Solo’s desk,” Antilles recalled.

“And why would I do that?” Jendob asked.

“Why wouldn’t you?”

“I have no reason to.”

“I think you have every reason to,” Nevin started, pacing down the slippery platform again. “Go down there…blow his artificial dick off…and blame it all on me while the Empire comes out as the galaxy’s friend.”

“Oh, yes, that makes a lot of bloody sense!” Ams retorted sarcastically. “Because no one would suspect we had a hand in it.”

“and you think they won’t this way?” Nevin pointed out.

“This way…no one will know.”

“Hmm. I kind of like this,” Nevin said, eerily pleased. “You actually need me. Ok, I’m guessin’ you already have something to explain his disappearance.”

Ams just smirked.

It felt like he had almost made a deal with the devil. He knew it was wrong, and he knew he was wrong for doing it, yet Nevin knew it was totally necessary. Flint had to die.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Who ever had the bright idea to place guards outside on a dangerously high platform, above a raging sea in the middle of a tropical storm was crazy. No, more than crazy - INSANE! At least, according to Salla after about the fifthteenth time of nearly toppling over the edge at the expense of the wind. But it wasn't until the sixteenth time that she noticed the darkened figure hurrying across the platforms below.

Readjusting the Alliance issued blaster rifle so that it wouldn't slip from her wet fingers, Salla squated down near the edge of the landing she was standing on and peered down at the figure. He was hard to make out through the constant sheets of rain and blowing wind, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he was human or at least humanoid. Something was amiss. According to the procedures she was given, no one was permitted down on the lower levels without the proper clearance. And somehow, Salla figured the man didn't have them.

Issuing a groan from deep within her throat, Salla rose back to her feet and began to make the dangerous descent down to the lower level where the figure had been. The wind was a constant annoyance as it whipped her rain poncho about and plastered her wet bangs to her face. Salla planned to make a quiet approach, but with all that was going on, she doubted she could pull it off.

Salla got halfway down the platform before her boot hit a slick spot on the coral siding and she ended up sliding the rest of the way down until she landed on her butt on the desired level.

She sat there in the pouring rain for a few minutes to collect her thoughts before rising again. Finally slinging the rifle over her shoulder, Salla trotted off after the figure as quietly as possible.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I made my way down to the bowels of the platform, well below the waterline. My jammer was still on, and the small, fuzzy Ysalamiri safe and secure in an innocuous backpack. The C-1 pistol was tucked away in my pocket, completely concealed.
Nevin was leaning against the bulkhead as I rounded a corner. His eyes flashed with hatred for a moment.
"Ready to do this?" I asked.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Han, I figured this is how you wanted to bring Salla into it. If not, let me know and we'll do...something. Joke

Nevin nodded, but there was something cornered in the back of his brain. Looking over behind a small enclave, he gently pulled Salla into the rain. "She saw us and came down right after you left," he took a time to softly glare at her. "I had to let her know what was going on or she would've reported to the Chief."

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Bloody wonderful. Another person to watch out for.
"Very well," I conceded. We also couldn't just let her run off. Indeed, she could be an asset. After all, an Imperial officer taking custody of Flint would certainly seem less suspicious if two Alliance personnel appeared to be assisting.
"Lead on," I suggested. Every second we stood here doubled our chances of getting caught.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Lower levels, Emerlax Floating Platform (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: