SWVII Around the Net
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » SWVII Around the Net
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: SWVII Around the Net

Bringing in new members and establishing a steady userbase is the hardest obstable to overcome in building any website or message board. In some cases, this problem can escalate when the site happens to be an RPG. SWVII is no different and that is why I have been appointed as "advertising manager" (made up that official title Joke ) for SWVII and future installments of the series.

To overcome the problem of bringing in new players, I have begun searching around the net for places in which I can list this game for all to see. I came across two banner exchange sites which I have signed us up for so far. The first is RPGbanner.com and the other Best Star Wars sites. I am still waiting back from the former, but we are currently members of BSS.

In the future, I will be updating this thread with more sites in which we are members of and I would also like all of you to spread the word about us to other places you hang out. Your vote might also be needed to keep our banners visible(I will be talking more about that when the time comes). If we work together, we could really make this RPG something special. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Current Affiliates:

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I have an update to share with everyone. We are now officially affiliated with RPGBanner.com. We are listed in their top 100 at number 23 currently. But we can always rise on that ladder by voting(we also need to do this to keep our site hosted). Please take some time out everyday and drop a vote for SWVII. Here is the link:

http://www.rpgbanner.com/index.cfm?page=game_info&page_id=74&gameid=134

Back to top »
Jaster Kelborn

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject:

http://www.phantomstar.com/starwars.html

We could also start including site links in our signatures at SW forums. (TF.N Boards, LucasArts Boards, Offical SW site boards, other RPGs, etc.)

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Canderous Ordo

In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds. They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war. And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened. Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "
Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language

"Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
Mandalorian proverb

Last edited by Jaster Kelborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Colin Brokna
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:

We could attempt to post adverts on other sims we're part of. I'll try and weed out some SW fans from all the ST sims im on. Joke

MC100 Energizer

1,000,049,000 credits
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

Don't piss off Ryan. Joke

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

All great ideas! Just be sure to check with forum mods before posting adverts on other forums. I also mod at the boards at TF.N and that type of thing is not allowed outside of a designated forum or in your signature.

Which brings me to another point...

Sigs on other messages boards is a good way of getting new people in. Wink

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » SWVII Around the Net
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: