Hypocrisy in the Galactic Alliance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Hypocrisy in the Galactic Alliance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Hypocrisy in the Galactic Alliance

Recently, certain events have turned me retrospective, looking back not only at my career as Grand Marshal in the Galactic Empire, but further back, as a security consultant during the Civil War. I oversaw the indoctrination programs for most of our officers during those dark times, and was responsible for creating ways to make them resistant to various methods of information-gathering before they were allowed sensitive information of any kind.

As I have viewed the trial proceedings, and had my most recent run-in with the Alliance Director of Security, I found myself looking back at a list that had not been considered in many a month. A list of our agents and operatives still missing in action. My eyes rolled over many a familiar name, some of whom I worked with personally for especially high-sensitivity information.

With the recently renewed accusations by the Director of Alliance Intelligence about the brutality of Imperial information-gathering, I was forced to bring up an issue I had long since buried under other matters. I had been reluctant to bring this issue before the Galaxy, but I am finding myself the target of taunts from several individuals.

The Empire is blamed for the torture and slaughter of thousands of operatives in the Galactic Alliance. When the bodies of their operatives were found on the planets they held, they immediately blamed the Empire in their propoganda to rally people to their banner. While I would have done exactly the same thing in their situation, there is one matter that I bring before the people of the Galaxy.

The Rebellion, as it was known at the time, gained knowledge of the whereabouts of the second Death Star. They used tha tknowledge to infiltrate the shield generating station on the forest moon just below it, then commence an attack and ultimately eliminating the battle station. But my question to the galaxy is this... how did they gain this information?

I have, with me, a list of almost ten thousand Imperial officers, enlisted men, and the call signs of several Stormtroopers that are still unaccounted for. Some of these individuals had familes outside the Empire, and the offices of Intelligence have been flooded with letters about when they will be coming home. And I ask the Alliance... where they are.

As I said, I trained most of these individuals, either individually or in their regiments, on how to resist the techniques most popular with the Alliance. They were conditioned to be all but completely immune to bribery and coersion, and received monthly injections to build their immunity against truth serums. Bearing this knowledge in mind, and knowing that the Alliance had intelligence concerning high-security Imperial dealings makes me ask this question.

How did they gain their information?

If the Alliance freed the galaxy from the grip of terror as they so claim, and trust me they do, and they protest every single thing that the Empire ever did, how did they gain such vital military information? And why haven't they released prisoners of war that I all but know they still have jailed behind their lines?

I am bringing this forward not because I am trying to provoke the Alliance, but simply to bring the entire matter of the galactic Civil War into perspective. The histories would tell you that the Empire was evil, and needed to be overthrown, and that the Alliance succeeded because good always has to triumph over evil, and it was that altruism that gave them the knowledge of how to defeat their enemies. Well let me tell you, from firsthand experience, the galaxy ain't run that way.

War is about learning more about your opponent than your opponent can learn about you. It is about launching attacks, not simply defending what is right. It is about making a decision to end human and alien lives for what you believe is the greater good. Emperor Palpatine had a vision for the way the Galaxy ought to be, and he cought to make that possible. Many of you disagreed with it, as is your perrogative, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. It was his forcible thrusting of those ideals upon the people of the galaxy that made him evil.

But since then, his regime has been overthrown. The Empire has newly adopted a stance of complete acceptance of a people's desires. After the death of Palpatine, the Empire relinquished every single planetary holding it had, and struggled to regain them through diplomacy and kindness, not warlike threats. And we have prospered, because people have decided to give us a chance. Anyone that has eyes can see our attempts at making amends for the tragedy of Alderaan.

And yet we are still accused of being power-hungry and wiling to do anything to acheive our goals, simply because a former leader did the same in the past. Much of the galaxy is trying to blame the current heirarchy for the crimes of a savage dictator, a dictator who was executed for his crimes by our current Emperor.

I ask the Galaxy to release the hatred of the old Empire and try to understand the new, and also to not blindly accept propoganda simply because it is aimed at a formerly hated reign. I ask for the fairness that the Galactic Alliance sought to replace when it was gone from the galaxy not one decade ago. I ask, people of the Galaxy, that you do not fall victim to the same crimes our former leader did.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

*rolls eyes*

I knew you wouldn't sit well with this. You're just like a little kid. As soon as you don't get your way, you run to the holonet and whine. Let me inform you of something - I was the one who told the security chief to remove you. So, if you have a problem, here I am.

As for those prisoners, the only one we have currently is Flint. And last I checked he wasn't wearing a bucket over his head. So, to put it bluntly, we don't have any of your men and we don't know where they are. I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped ship. Oh, and we achieved the Death Star plans through spies. Bothan spies to be specific. And let me remind you that you slaughtered almost all of them. We didn't take any of your men to get those plans, so quit griping about it.

And if you want to bring this up, don't get me started on the Lusankya incident...

And we don't have your prisoners. NPCs won't work in this matter. You're using them to raise your cause. This reminds me of the recent situation with Brote trying to use NPCs to regain control of the planets he lost. CMAC will need to discuss this to get a final decision on this.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion

Last edited by Han Solo on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

This was in response to an IC conversation last night - Ams has the logs of it, as well as I, in case you desire to see them. This is not a ploy to gain support, or to take over any planets. This is a galactic communication asking for fair and equitable treatment. For all we know the prisoners could never have existed, or they could all be dead by this point - the fact is that Jax is still being accused even to this day of the mistreatments under Palpatine.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Carnor Jax, for a sovereign protector, you have much to say.

Quote:
I oversaw the indoctrination programs for most of our officers during those dark times, and was responsible for creating ways to make them resistant to various methods of information-gathering before they were allowed sensitive information of any kind.

How did you oversee their training, Mr. Jax? Did all of them make it? Did each trainee become the best and pride of the Empire? Logically, I would assume not. And my question is, what happened to these failed individuals? If they did not meet your standards, were they killed? Thrown into some menial task? Incompetence, in the Empire, could cost one's life. A rather harsh punishment for a simple mistake, I would think. Contrary to your beliefs, we do not treat our officers nor prisoners of that matter. As I will explain a bit later.

Quote:
As I have viewed the trial proceedings, and had my most recent run-in with the Alliance Director of Security, I found myself looking back at a list that had not been considered in many a month. A list of our agents and operatives still missing in action. My eyes rolled over many a familiar name, some of whom I worked with personally for especially high-sensitivity information.

The Galactic Alliance is in possession of no Imperial prisoners of war. We may have some NPCs, but at the current moment, the RPG rules do not clarify that. Perhaps your 'list' of missing agents and operatives deserted the Empire? I have asked you several times to produce several names that you believe to be under our prison facilities, yet you could not. Why?

Our governments are operating under a treaty. We may be able to help you locate these individuals, however, a court case should be filed, as a possible invasion of privacy would surely spawn from these investigations. Unlike the Empire, we have strict guidelines concerning these measures.

Quote:
The Empire is blamed for the torture and slaughter of thousands of operatives in the Galactic Alliance. When the bodies of their operatives were found on the planets they held, they immediately blamed the Empire in their propoganda to rally people to their banner.

The Galactic Alliance has always investigated the cause of such tragedies and at the time, it has usually lead straight to the Empire. Alliance officers were hunted and killed on site versus investigation and a trial. So I will say some may have developed prejudices. We would never misuse an officer's death, just to gain military support from a system. It has always been in the act of peaceful negotations, in which we did not manipulate the leaders, that they had joined our cause. Many joined in their own free will, without having to provide factual evidence of the 'evil' empire. We would never force someone to fight a war, they did not believe was neccesary. Nor would we corrupt evidence to fund our shipyards or buy planetary leaders in order to crew our ships.

Quote:
They were conditioned to be all but completely immune to bribery and coersion, and received monthly injections to build their immunity against truth serums.

Once again, your brutality against your own officers should be investigated. How you train and corrupt their minds is your own business, if they consent. These men have been literally programmed to follow their leaders' every order. Our reputation and department investigations, has never seen an Alliance interrogator brutalize his or her prisoner. An Imperial has never been damaged while questioning occurs. I must also remind you, that most information required was through verbal communication. Many high ranking officers saw the collapse of the Empire coming and willing gave us their intel.

The Empire, on the other hand, has droids designed in the arts of torture. They have medical officers training for years to understand pain and suffering. How to break an individual. The Empire developed the doctrine of fear. As the Rebel Alliance flourished into a powerful rebellion against the evil Emperor Palpatine, individuals saw us as their way out of that fear you had helped create.

Quote:
How did they gain their information?

Much like my Commander-in-Chief stated, we received the intelligence through Bothan spies. How did they receive that information? Prince Xizor, once leader of the Black Sun. I'm afraid your imperial intelligence agency has failed to explain that to you, otherwise you may not be making these public statements. But I can assure you there is documented proof of Xizor's betrayel to the Empire. In fact, Palpatine claimed he counted on it.
Quote:
But since then, his regime has been overthrown. The Empire has newly adopted a stance of complete acceptance of a people's desires

Really? What of Rendili? That peaceful world was invaded by the leading efforts of the Executor Class Prestige, the flagship of Imperial Intelligence. Honestly, if you were open to people's desire, would you invade and slaughter the innocent people of that world?

Another point on your "acceptance", why is the Deep Core sorrounded by a fat claim of Imperial space? If a planet was to choose to join the Galactic Alliance, would you invade and kill the planetary leadership? It seems to me, like you offer them no other solution or chance to join another faction, so they must fall in line.

Quote:
And yet we are still accused of being power-hungry and wiling to do anything to acheive our goals, simply because a former leader did the same in the past.

Your current leader, Lord Vader, is also a Sith Lord and was once the apprentice to Sidious, Emperor Palpatine. The Sith tradition, as explained by Master Yoogle and several Jedi artifacts, is that they rise up against their masters when they are stronger. Survival and domination of the strongest, it seems. Under galactic history, every Sith Lord has attempted galactic domination. Lord Vader's will continue in time.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I am not accusing you personally, Arlyn, of the savagery that was bestowed upon Alliance and Empire alike during the Galactic Civil War. That matter is behind us now, and I am trying to press on to the future.

At Rendili, Imperial Communications saw that the government was being opressive and genocidal to the populace, and in an effort to save the people from their own brutal government, went to Rendili to oversee the removal of that government and replacing it with a more gentle regime. The fact that the regime decided to adopt us as their Sovereign nation was a consequence not of the government we set in place, but the people's thanks for our assistance.

As to the current matter, I am neither blaming anyone, nor seeking justice against the trials of war - we have both suffered heavy losses in that struggle, and since the treaty I have looked forward to trying to put that behind us. All I am trying to do is say that while the Empire was brutal in its methods, by your own accusations and "proof," it is no longer the case. You are basing your accusations and fury on years-old prejudices against a government that has all but vanished... we are connected to the old Empire by name only. Our heirarchy is different, our doctrines are different, our methods are different.

My request is this: Release the hatred you have of us, the same way as I released my hatred of you trying to slay the Emperor for much of my lifetime. History is behind us. We have accepted you when you so desperately wanted to eliminate even the word "Empire" from the very fabric of history. We have proven ourselves to be worthy of that trust in the eyes of over 30 planetary systems. If they can trust us despite being enslaved under Palpatine's rule, why can't you?

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Old habits die hard. I find it hard to believe you changed all that much. The Exarch's recent behavior at the trial is proof of that.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

As do yours, commander Solo - should I immediately accuse you of being a sneaky traitor simply because you were dishonorably discharged form the Empire 30 years go, or automatically place you under constant watch simply because you were responsible for the destruction of our shield generator at Endor?

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

You take an outburst by a single officer as proof of a vast Imperial conspiracy, Solo? The trial is needed, even Hol says that. But drawing in massive amounts of resources from several sectors is not needed, and probably only serves to inflate Flint's overloaded ego.

As for any prisoners, the treaty signed a year ago called for the full and complete release of prisoners on both sides, which was carried out. Marshal Jax, I'd like you to remain with the Prestige, and allow me to negotiate with the Chief of State. I'd appreciate if there was no further discussion on the matter until those talks are concluded.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

By your command, Supreme Moff...

Back to top »
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax wrote:
As do yours, commander Solo - should I immediately accuse you of being a sneaky traitor simply because you were dishonorably discharged form the Empire 30 years go

So you're saying I was 10 years old when I was booted? I knew I was mature for my age, but that's taking it too far...

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure the Marshal made a typographic error. He's a Royal Guard, not a secretary. In any case, I'd like to conclude my discussion with the Chief of State before certain radical elements decide to spark a war.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Looks like your men already have their mind set....

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I have recently joined the alliance with my government and I have seen none of this hyposcrisy you speak of; In fact I think you are quite out of line and you should go back to what you do best.

Gavin Onasi- Territorial Commander
credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

Xen'tal- Commodore

Gruu Dunrik- Jedi Padawan
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I believe I requested that the "discussion" end until I speak with the Chief of State.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Colin Brokna
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Also... hypocrisy, I see no examples of that in this situation anyway...

MC100 Energizer

1,000,049,000 credits
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Sovereign Protector Jax, please, stop spewing this ridiculous rot. The opportunity to recover the Second Death Star were arranged by Emperor Palpatine himself; his own words to my brother, as a matter of fact. It is also a matter of public record that the Alliance attacked the Imperial freighter Suprosa, which Emperor Palpatine allowed the location to fall into our hands. I won't reveal exactly how that happened, due to the continued safety of the operatives involved, but it is a matter of record.

As the Supreme Moff said, prisoners that were alive a year ago were freed on both sides. Mr. Jax, I have to say that this looks like nothing more than an attempt to stir up more hostilities between our two factions.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Hypocrisy in the Galactic Alliance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: