Coronet Hotel
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Est

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Sly fell down, overwhelmed by the mental contact.
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Arlyn's eyes looked over the scene unfolding. Pity swelled for the woman on the ground who was covering her head. Sly had just called for help and she had collapsed to the ground. Something happened to her, unseen to the physical eye. Arlyn looked at Ryan who hesitated to move. Flint had attacked Ryan’s loyalty.

The comment about Ryan's betrayal was shocking, but by the look of his face he was not informed of the plan. It appears the galaxy Arlyn thought she was serving was beginning to turn against her. Everyone in her life was being questioned. The one person she loved, was accused of being an accomplice within a scheme of murder. The one relationship, Arlyn considered safe from outside intervention, was now laying with questions. Ryan’s eye contact told her that he would do nothing of the sort and his silent whisper proved it.

“I would never betray the thing you love most.” His voice referring to the Galactic Alliance.

Arlyn nodded carefully her voice just as low, “Your love is the only thing that keeps me going.”

Arlyn scanned his face, his brief and gentle smile finally accepting that Arlyn mutually loved him. And that was the motivation the Thanagarian needed. Her angelic qualities slowly returning as she stood up from the table saying to Ams and Shayera, "Excuse me." Her voice was soft and calming. “Flint. Please away from Miss Est, “Arlyn said slowly approaching the scene several feet away from her old Intelligence director. “Someone call a doctor.” Arlyn assessed the damage and waited for the room to respond.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Flint

The foolish woman. Her own powers were the end of her. Arlyn told me to step aside. I merely laughed at the command and walked over the dead body, closer to the Thangarian and the droid. I heard the droid mumble something about love. Pathetic.

"You can want to love," I told the droid as I walked out of the room. "But a droid like yourself will never be able of such a feat. You will merely become a machine of killing."

I left the building with my suitcase and strode closer to my ship. I got in, and dropped the bag on the floor, "This is Flint requesting permission to leave."

Alexus - Moskau, Moskau, Wirf die Gläser an die Wand says:
"About last night... was that condom working?"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

The two turbinia droids looked at each other and shrugged at the statement.

Nice try.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

RPed with Arlyn

As Di called a doctor, Shayera and I just looked at each other, finished the remains of our lunch, and I deposited the money for the four of us on the table.
Can't I take my wife anywhere nice without the Galaxy collapsing?
I stopped over at the two Alliance officers. "Is she all right?"
"She looks internally wounded. Any word on the doctor?" Davad queried.
Diana chimed in. "They're on the way."
"She doesn't look like she has much time." Arlyn bent down to the Umbaran and straightened her shadowcloak, "Ryan?" Ryan bent down to the bald woman and said, "Theres nothing I can do..."
A moment or two passed before a speeder pulled up. The CorSec troops and police officers, as well as the EMTs put the stricken Umbaran on a hovergurney, and pushed her back into the ambulance.
Arlyn moved close to Ryan and her head collapsed into his shoulder. "Ams, Shayera. It was a pleasure. But I think we need some air. Mind if we do something later?"
I could tell Shy was trying to smile at her offer, but couldn't as the Umbaran woman was nestled away in the speeder, the doors shutting with a bang. "Sure."
Arlyn seemed to take one last look at the Coronet hotel, before her and Ryan walked out of the front doors and into the fresh night. The wailing of the sirens slowly fading away to silence. Shayera and I returned to our room.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

Luke looked on as the ambulance flew off to Coronet General, “Maybe I should just get some room service…” he thought as he turned towards the exit, “why does trouble always seem to follow me around?”
Luke headed out of the restaurant and walked over to the lifts, where Shy and Ams were waiting for one to reach the lobby, “Nice night Supreme Moff?” Luke asked casually.

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

Ams turned to look, as did I.
"Hello, Jedi Master," I greeted, smiling slightly. I still found it funny I had 5 centimeters on a Jedi as renowed as Luke Skywalker.
"Master Skywalker," Ams nodded cordially. "It was nice, at least."
I had to agree: was. What the frak was happening back there, anyway?

Chief of Security to Supreme Moff Jendob

Last edited by Shayera Hol on Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

Luke smiled at the duo, “I could ask the same question, Exarch.” Luke tilted his head a little, “interesting name for a rank… and please, call me Luke.”Luke looks over to Ams, “You must be Moff Jendob… Han calls you ‘Supreme Pain in the Butt Moff', However you appear to be a man of integrity.”Luke turned to Shy, “If my memory serves me, Exarch is below Administrator. I am sorry for your unfortunate rank reduction, however with your skill and determination it will only be a temporary set back.”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

I shrugged. "Eh, pulled a gun on an old friend. Regs are regs," I answered, throwing a glance at Ams.
Can't blame him. I pulled a stupid stunt, and got busted.
"Thank you, um, Luke," I said, recalling what he told me on Tatooine.
Ams smiled a little. "It's good to see you again, Jedi Master. Are you here for the trial?"

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

Luke looked out of the window as the lift arrived then back to the two officers, “Well I’m sure not here for the views.” He smiled, “Yes I’m here for the trial, I believe I am to be a witness for the prosecution, not that they need one. Just hearing one word out of Heckler’s mouth…” Luke cleared his throat, “Anyway, I assume you’re here for the same, or a similar, reason?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject:

I nodded to the Jedi master. "Yes. I'm a possible witness for the Alliance, and the Empire wants me to judge our half."
I felt Shayera's emerald-like eyes look at me. "You sound so thrilled," she teased. I looked over at her, in that soft blue sweater and white turtleneck, with her angelic wings behind her and her red-gold hair dropping between her shoulders. It worked with her rather well.
"It's a mixed blessing, let's just say that," I answered.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

Luke nodded slightly, “It’s always… fun watching justice being served.”He stepped into the lift and gestured for the duo to follow.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Jax strode through the doors to the hotel, his cloak flaring in his wake. At the security checkpoint he handed over his vibroblades, vibroglaive, blasters, and backups. The trooper's hand trembled as he took the wepaons from the Grand Marshal, placing them in a secured container and having them transported immediately to a secure vault.

The armorweave cloak billowed as he turned to the front desk, his voice ringing powerfully. "Carnor Jax, with reservations for two weeks in the Aurora suite. I trust my directives have been seen to?

The desk clerk, obviously of stronger mettle than even the security patrols, nodded. "Yes, Grand Marshal Jax. High-speed dataterminals have been installed as per your specifications, works of art have been removed, and the rooftop above your rom has been cordoned off to your specifications." the clerk gestured to JAx's gauntlet datapad, nodding to it. "The room has beem keyed to your personal datapad. Any other issues, please forward them to the front desk. Welcome to the Coronet, Grand Marshal."

Jax nodded once in satisfaction, and passed a small pile of credit chips to the clerk. "You have been a valuable service." Without another word the Grand Marshal turned and went for the main conference area, his cloak billowing with each passing step.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

Shayera and I followed the Jedi into the lift. "I wouldn't exact call it fun," I noted as Shayera pressed the button for our floor. "Not with a man's life hanging in the balance."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Luke nodded sombrely, “it is a sad fact that the death penalty is still on the table.”Luke turned to Ams, “I don’t suppose you have any say in that matter… do you?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

I gave the Jedi a sidelong look. "In some cases, death is the only proper punishment. However, Heckler will not be executed."
A lot Imperial would probably be disappointed by that, but then again, his sentence, if convicted, would be a fate far worse than death for him.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

Luke smiled ever so slightly, “so you’re going to lock him up with an Ewok then?”

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:

I chuckled and Shayera snickered. "No, not that cruel," I answered as the door opened. "Well, this is where we get off, Master Skywalker. Good night."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:

The long walk back to the Corellian hotel was silent and exactly what Arlyn had needed. The doors opened as the hotel had returned to normal since they had been away. Arlyn let out a sigh of relief as she was not rushed to by any reporters, waiters or any other question asking thing.

Her and Ryan caught an empty lift up to their room. When their door closed behind them, Ryan began to undo his tie and take off the top part of his suit.

"What did you think of Luke?" Ryan asked looking at Arlyn

She shrugged, "Didn't really seem to notice me, which is nice."

Ryan nodded with a smirk, "When does the trial begin?" Changing the subject.

Arlyn said, "First thing in the morning..." She sighed, "I haven't even reviewed his case yet. But I think I'll wing it."

Ryan looked at her, " Wing it?"

Arlyn smirked playfully, "Think your funny now?"

"Just a little." Ryan whispered as he kissed her before saying good night. He went into his room and began to change as Arlyn entered hers. They only had a few hours of sleep before the trial proceedings would begin.

Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Walking down the ramp, Nubis caught the smell of Corellian air. The breeze was cool, but not uncomfortable. The sun was bright and so were the many skyscrapers dotting the city of Coronet. From the platform he was on, Nubis could see most of the city. Although visually, one would think they hadn't left Coruscant, the lesser amount of traffic lanes hinted otherwise. Nubis stepped off the ramp and onto the platform. Awaiting him there was a port official, holding a datapad, and summoning him.

"Welcome to Corellia, sir."

He nodded to the man and smiled slightly. "Do me a favor and point me in the direction of the Coronet Hotel. I have a suite reserved and I'm quite tired."

"Of course, sir," the man returned the smile and pointed to one of the smaller buildings set between a pair of very tall skyscrapers. "Right there. Would you be needing a speeder then?"

Nubis nodded, "That would be great, thank you."

The man on the platform spoke into his comlink and within moments a speeder taxi was pulling alongside. "There you are, sir. Enjoy your stay."

Nubis winked with his white eye, hopping into the taxi and settling in. The pilot pulled away from the platform, turning around to head for the hotel. They passed several entertainment-like structures, some kind of corportation headquarters, then finally arrived at the hotel, docking with one of the upper level lobbys. The pilot nodded to Nubis and held out his hand for credit chips. Nubis pulled out a few and handed them over, smirking. No matter where you go, the meager always act the same, he thought to himself, pulling out more credits and giving them to the pilot.

He picked up his case and walked down the platform. The inside of the lobby was quite ellegant, reminiscient of Tops Bar on Coruscant. Before him, behind a podium, a host was casually looking over a ledger. "Nubis Serin, I called in for a suite."

"Ah yes, Mr. Serin. Suite 1792." The man tapped a few keys on his ledger and looked up. "The room is ready for you, sir. Enjoy your stay."

Nubis nodded, picked up his case from beside him, and strode towards the turbolift bank. With a slight sigh, he boarded a lift and keyed it for his floor. It only took a few minutes for Nubis to reach his room, unpack, and wait.

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

The morning sunlight entered the suite as Arlyn opened her eyes slowly to the new day. She yawned while stretching her wings. She wrapped a blanket around herself and opened the door. She entered the living room to find it oddly empty. She looked at Ryan's door and found that it had yet to be opened.

Not wanting to make a sound she used her wings to hover from the ground. Their careful flapping moved her across the room and next to the door. She opened just enough for her eyes to peer through. Ryan laid asleep, his eyelids flickering. He is dreaming she thought. Arlyn opened the door carefully and stepped inside. Immediately his processors registered the sound and he shook awake, pulling a blaster from under his pillow aiming for the intruder's face, all under a second.

"Ryan!" Arlyn exclaimed with a smile, "Good morning..."

Arlyn could tell by Ryan's facial expression he was relieved it was only her. His voice was simulating the morning sound of a grumpy human, "What time is it?"

With a large grin Arlyn said, "Breakfast time. How did you get a blaster in here, any ways?"

Ryan shrugged, "I registered the weapon with Corellian Security." Arlyn looked at him with an odd glance. Then turned, "Come on. Let's grab a bite to eat." Ryan rolled off the bed and walked towards the shower. Arlyn went back into her room and pulled out the Alliance Secure Security Padd. Her Security Executive had some trouble while they were away. Ma'shi was finally resigning from her job, Wayland was emptied, and a new Senator arrived at Tatooine.

Arlyn looked over the list and remembered the Galactic Senate was meeting in a few days to discuss a variety of topics. She sighed typing in her orders to Executive then decided it was probably best to keep the datapadd with her for the rest of the day.

Ryan walked out in his towel causing Arlyn to laugh. "Thanks for shielding my eyes hun."

Ryan looked back with a grin, "You saw more when we swam."

Arlyn rolled her eyes and grabbed her clothes and a towel taking her turn within the Corellian luxury shower. As the warm water spilled over her, the pain and suffering of the night before was washed away. The freshness of the day before her returned, the cool air from the open tinted window filled her nose. When she was finished bathing she stepped out and began to prepare herself for the day.

She had another dress suit, almost the same as before but it had a black color to it. She began to dress and when she was finished, she had a protocol droid fix her hair. Ryan entered wearing his suit, which ironically matched Arlyn completely."We must have some kind of connection." Arlyn said positively.

Ryan looked at the protocol droid and responded, "I could do your hair..."

Arlyn shrugged, "SixDee has done my hair for years." Ryan nodded reluctantly and said, "What do you want to eat?" Arlyn thought for a moment her eyes scanning her memory of Corellia.

"It'll have to be in Coronet, if Borsk arrives today, we are to meet at the court house..." her memory jogged until she came across the place, "Swedarians." She smiled and repeated, "Swedarians..." Ryan grinned and waited for the protocol droid to finish. He finished his tie just as Arlyn buttoned the top part of her suit.

"Shall we?" Ryan asked extending his arm. The thanagarian wrapped her arm around his and they left Room 2747 together.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

As the couple walked out of the Coronet Hotel, the cool morning air filled their lungs. The streets were filled with the early workers and the usual urban activity. Ryan grabbed Arlyn's hand and together they caught a hover cab. When asked the destination, Arlyn's voice called out the word, "Swedarians."

Ryan wasn't exactly sure if the place existed, but the hover cab took off towards the north, swinging in and out of traffic. The blue skies were amazing to look at as he stared out of the window. His blue orbs scanning the busy streets until he found a small and cozy little cafe labelled 'Swedarians'. An elderly Corellian greeted them and ushered them inside.

Arlyn's wings gathered a few eyes, no, it was her image on the GNN Network. Apparently Brote's trial reached even the smallest of places. Arlyn smiled to the audience she had gathered and took a seat in the corner. Ryan performed his defensive scan, taking in all the faces and scanning them in his databank. If there were any hostiles, he would know.

Ryan took his seat, placing the napkin over his lap. He looked at Arlyn and asked "What will it be today?" Arlyn looked over the menu grinning at the daily specials. Ryan looked over the menu himself and responded, "I'm thinking the number two, but jiaata juice instead of the Coya Milk."

"Sounds good enough for me, I'll have the same." Arlyn placed her menu on the side. Her security padd beeped with latest intelligence, so Ryan relayed their orders to the waitress. When the brunette woman walked away with their order, Arlyn put her padd away flustered. "That was Zeltros, just some problems."

Ryan attempted a charming smile to cheer her up, "Everything will be fine. We have several weeks before the Galactic Ball will take place any ways." Then it hit him. He only had a few weeks. Ryan took a sip of his water to calm his internal nerves.

"Ryan?" Arlyn asked examining his face.

Ryan grinned it off, "Nothing....nothing." But deep down he needed to find the perfect way to ask her...

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject:

The cool, Corellian air rushed by them in a light breeze as Han and Leia made their way down one of the many walkways which lined Coronet's streets. Han's homeworld brought back many unpleasant memories which the ex-smuggler had learned to bury and push out of his mind. But being here again brought them all rushing back. As they made their way in the direction of the Coronet Hotel, Han wondered if one of these streets or alleyways was a place he used to call home.

Fortunately for Han, the industrial district which they were now passing through, was coming to an end and gradually turning over to the popular entertainment district. It was here that the Coronet Hotel was located and where Han finally felt good to be home.

The walk wasn't bad from here and the hotel could be seen looming above the other buildings in the distanct. Even from this vantage point, the place looked fancy. Han wasn't sure how he was gonna get along at this place for however long they had to stay here, much less what it was gonna do to his wallet.

Han's face contorted into a grimace momentarily before approaching the glass double doors leading to the entrance. A host kindly greeted them and held the doors as Han, with two suitcases in hand, and Leia, who held the twins safely in their carriers, passed through.

Calling the place fancy from the outside was an understatement. The lobby, with its high open ceiling and chandeliers, was more luxurious than the exterior. No wonder the galaxy's finest flocked to this place. And now Corellia's own hero was slated to try the place out. Han smiled.

Finally getting over his initial reaction of awe at the place, Han, with Leia at his side, approached the front desk where a receptionist looked up with a welcoming smile. Her face quickly contorted into one of shock upon recognizing who it was that was standing before her. "Uh, welcome to Coronet Madame Solo...Commander Solo. Do you have reservations?"

"I believe we do," Han answered with a lopsided grin. "And how 'bout giving Corellia's finest the best suite, hmm?"

A nervous laugh escaped her lips as she began typing something into the computer terminal before her. "Corellia's finest," she mused with another nervous squeak. "How does a third floor suite with a spectacular view of the cityscape sound?"

Han's smile grew. "Sounds fantastic."

"Excellent," she exclaimed while she printed the confirmation and billing page. "Here we are. Enjoy your stay!" She passed the flimsies and the room keys across the counter with another smile.

Han took the keys and shoved them into his jacket pocket before placing the flimsies within his mouth. Retaking the suitcases within his grip, he turned away from the desk along with Leia and the kids and began to move in the direction of the turbolifts.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

Now sequestered in our room, I looked up into Shayera's gorgeous green eyes as I cradled her in my arms. The soft, fuzzy sweater had almost a magical sensation to it as I moved my hands up and down her back. Her warmth and scent were almost intoxicating as she pressed closely against me. Her breath was hot on my neck as she nuzzled it; against my cheek, the soft brush of her fragrant hair.
I let out a quiet sigh. "You're such a cuddly thing."
Shy kissed my cheek, then yawned. "Tired too... I'm going to go change."
"This early?" I asked as she sat up.
She stretched a little, then walked over to the refresher. "Yeah. Probably from all the excitement today."
I snickered. "Yeah, sleeping in all morning."
She gave me a grave look. "I was talking more about what happened to that Umbaran."
My light-hearted smile faded. "Oh, that..."
Shayera half-shrugged, then went into the refresher to change. I turned on the holo.
"--baran leader Sly Est died at 2145 this evening, causing an uproar in the Alliance. Eyewitnesses report she was last seen in the vicinity of Confederate leader Flint..."
I realized that was the woman from before. Flint? Could he have...

The chirping of Corellian songbirds slowly brought me to consciousness. Morning already. It seemed like I had just closed my eyes after Shayera had come to bed.
Ah well. Might as well get up.
After a quick stretch, I gently nudged Shayera's shoulder. She moaned and blindly swatted with her hand.
"Come on, hon," I prodded.
"Ungh... all right," she muttered.
After showering and getting dressed, both of us were a lot more awake.
"Hmm... should we get room service?" I asked her, more than a hint of persuasion in it.
But it didn't work. "Nah. Let's just go down and get it."
I sighed. "All right."
"Hey, can't have everything handed to you on a silver platter," she pointed out teasingly.
We each grabbed a key, and left the room.
"So, what are you in the mood for?" I asked.
She shrugged. "Not sure, how ab--" She broke off, and stepped back behind the corner, pulling me with her.
"What is it?"
She frowned. "Solo."
I refrained from frowning. "I'm afraid he's one of those necessary evils, sweetheart. Come on..."
She paused for a moment, as if trying to decide if it was worth it, then followed.
Solo wasn't alone. His wife, and two children appeared to be with him.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Luke enjoyed the feeling of warm water splashing all over him, he washed himself and stepped out of the shower, Artoo passed him a towel and Luke dried himself off. Wrapping the towel round his waist and walked towards the bedroom area.
He approached the console and noted no messages waiting for him, “First time in a month…” Luke muttered.
He turned to the closet, which had been fitted with his clothes the day before he came; he quickly dressed in his plain black outfit and wore a black hooded cloak on his shoulders.
He left the room and headed to the lift, after all the excitement Luke had forgotten that he originally went to the restaurant to eat.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Jax paused a moment reading through his datacards, and lifted his head. He turned to the holopanel and punched in a command. A moment passed, Jax's gaunteleted fingers roving to the back of his belt before the holo of the concierge came up. "Please send a message to Mr. Serin's room... ask him to come to my suite for a voluntary interview. Be sure to tell him it is from Grand Marshal Jax."

A bow, and the holoscan flickered out of existance. He smiled to himself beeath his helm and picked up a new datacard, punching in a security code to open a transcription log for the upcoming interview.

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Yoogle was flanked by two of his new Order members. The first he had met was Jedi Padawan Kyp Durron who had a month or two before his training would be complete and he would be knighted. The second human was Salo Daast. A small little legend that was growing with fame in the galaxy of the Force. He would be taught the ways and once he completed his trials and skills, he would become a Master of the Jedi Order.

The short Master approached the booth with the Corellian who was taking more reservations. "Need three rooms, I do." Yoogle said quickly. The lady nodded and put them in three consecutive rooms.

Yoogle was in 2748, Salo in 2749, and Kyp at the end of the hallway within 2750. They nodded and bowed respectfully towards the woman and left for their rooms. Yoogle asked that both of them accompany him to his room where he would begin the first test.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Calias Ketra, Vice Supreme Chancellor [DECEASED]
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Nubis' comlink pinged from his pocket. Placing his glass down and looking away from the large window, he fished it out of his pocket. "This is Nubis Serin."

The voice on the other end was a bit huffy, most likely a manager, Nubis decided. "There is a message from Grand Marshal Jax. He'd like you to come to his suite and be interviewed."

Nubis swallowed hard. Grand Marshal Jax? What did the Empire want with him? As far as he knew, his position with the Empire was good, at least neutral. Of course, Nubis wasn't just anyone. He was a decorated veteran of the Imperial Navy. Something didn't seem right at all and he could feel it.

"Inform the Grand Marshal that I will report as requested at once."

The comlink fizzled and Nubis placed it back in his pocket, primping his uniform. He wanted to see what this was about and he wanted to know quickly.

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Salo Daast

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

"Yes Master." Salo replied as he followed into Master Yoogle's room. He wondered what he would have to do for his first test, but anything would be fine with him. As long as he's not sitting around doing nothing, then he's happy.
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

When the three came into the large hotel, once agian the crowds were pretty intense. Showing the somewhat differed races of Corellia. After talking with woman at the front desk they got thier rooms. When they had reached their rooms Kyp followed Master Yoogle into his, he wanted to finish his training as fast as possible, but told himself to calm down, thinking about his past with impatience.
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

The door to Jax's suite slid open, and the Grand Marshal motioned for Nubis to come in. His voice was resonant as he pushed a datacard between two chairs on either side of a table, Jax's helm nodding slightly. "Mr. Serin, thank you for coming to me on such short notice. I wanted to ask you something about --"

The doors cycled closed, the soundproofing of his suite masking all members casually passing by, and giving even those withing to spy on him a run for their money.

About two hours later, the doors opened, Jax standing opposice Nubis, hands clasped beneath his cloak. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Serin. Keep in touch."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject:

Leia contently walked along through the lobby, lightly leaning on Han's arm - whether or not he appreciated the extra weight in addition to the heavy bags he was carrying - and feeling generally content with the two small children in her arms. The little bundles were visiting their ancestral home; something that Leia would have loved to show off in the beautiful locale of Alderaan. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen, she recalled with a mental frown.

Unfortunately, even the most peaceful stream had to hit a big, giant rock. They were here to prosecute and testify against Brote Heckler...and the Supreme Moff Jendob and his wife had just come walking down the corridor. Although bearing no ill feelings toward them, she knew what happened with her husband and any Imperial got together. Plus, she also didn't want to end that feeling of peace she achieved so rarely.

Therefore, she looked towards the droid transporting luggage. Perfect. “Uhh,” she stuttered, looking back at Han and leaning away. “How about we just give the bags to someone who can take them to the room?”

Han glanced over at her and waited a moment, almost suspiciously. He then smiled and turned his glance to the droid. “Never thought you'd give in,” he said as he set the bags down.

Leia smiled at her husband’s reaction and glanced towards the couple approaching them ever closer. “Take these to room 327,” she said, hastily, to the droid.

It was pretty much unavoidable that the pair had seen Leia and Han, and it would be rude to just not acknowledge them. She put on a diplomatic smile and gave a slight wave towards where they were, then promptly turned back to Han. “How's some of that Corellian food sound?”

“Sounds great,” he agreed happily. “You'll never have better.”

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:

We managed to walk past the Solos, the only attentioned garnered was a small smile and wave from Organa Solo. I couldn't be more relieved. Ams and I made it to the elevator, and headed for the ground floor.
"Well, that was more pleasant than I could've hoped," I remarked.
Ams looked over... and a little down. "I suppose."
At least I didn't have to deal with her husband... otherwise there might be another trial on this planet.

Back to top »
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Yoogle bent down in meditation and sighed at the two young men before him. "Meditate we will, withdraw energy into our bodies, we shall." Yoogle was calling the Force to his body, bringing hidden energy. Within a few moments, he would duel both Salo and Kyp.

Their lightsabers would be on a lower power setting, making contact not fatal. Yoogle's green orbs closed as he finished his process.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Kyp looked at Master Yoogle and nodded. He knew what was coming, calming himself would be key. He began talking long deep breaths, allowing his heart to slow and his mind to slow with it. Having time to do this, would greatly help with his overall ability to fight. Kyp opened an eye to see the other Jedi accompaning him also meditating.
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

Running his thoughts away from his mind, one seemed to come to his head. Were they going to spar in the hotel? Lifting his head Kyp looked at Master Yoogle as though to signal him.

"Master, shouldn't we go outside for this?"
Yoogle
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject:

Well, we would be dueling inside the large suite that Yoogle rented, but I dont think we will really have time for that. So perhaps another time and we will do it outdoors.

The deep meditation was where Yoogle felt the great disturbance in the Force. Ryan and Arlyn were in pain, suffering. Yoogle peared on the event, receiving images of death and torture. Yoogle gasped as he opened his large eyes.

"Go to the Coronet Hospital, I must." Yoogle said, "An old friend, I sense, in much pain, yes." Yoogle stood up from his seat and began walking to the door, using the Force to collect his lightsaber that was at his side.

"Padawan Durron, meditate softly and explore your purpose here on Corellia. Much there is for one Jedi to do, but for you, only certain things. Let the Force Guide you, you must." Yoogle was sure the young Padawan would stay away from trouble but added, "Salo, look after this Padawan." The Force was with them, ready to guide them to their purpose, "With you, may the Force be." Yoogle concluded and left towards the Hospital.

Draco Ketra [NPC]

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Ryan proceeded out of the shower. The blood washed away from his skin and off of his hands. Symbolically, Ryan believed, the blood was also washed away as he made a silent prayer to whatever Gods and Goddesses may exist in the Universe. He was not a man of faith, seeing as he was created from the machinery of Geonosis, but it was possible the Gods had deemed this a creation of sentience of their own.

He was unsure, but his silent prayer helped calm his figitive emotions of Arlyn injured and dying. He quickly changed into another suit, Arlyn's favorite and prepared to re-enter the galaxy. He left his room and after buying some of her favorite roses, left for the hospital. It would be another ten hours before she could and would awake.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Saan looked at Master Yoogle get up and leave the room. Kyp knew what Yoogle meant, and he already knew what he must do. He must pass the trails, and further himself to help those in need. As a Jedi that'd be a duty, to be selfless.

Kyp looked over towards the young man Yoogle said was called "Salo." Kyp stood up and walked towards a window. He'd rather just think about whats ahead of him than meditate for now.
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Jax strode to his balcony, back arching slightly from poring over the datacards in his possession. Sliding the locking transparisteel door behind him, he climbed the ferrocrete up the side of the Coronet Hotel to the roof, black-and-crimson cape whipping in the atmospheric winds as he ascended the nearly seamless walls.

Once upon the roof, he unbuckled his cloak from the binding sockets on his chest plate and fastened it to a nearby ventilation shaft, the magna-clasps securing it firmly. He walked to an open expanse of rooftop, watching speeders zip by, and lifted his hands, rocking back to his heels in a terran tai-chi stance. His motions were slow, fluid, betraying a lifetime of mastery as his hands, feet, and body moved with the deadly grace of a krayt dragon.

His hand reached to a nearby safety railing and wrenched a six-foot segment free, making a note to pay for the replacement as he brought the impromptu staff to a vertical hold before him, body weight shifting forward. He started spinning the staff back and forth, his feet and body moving with a hypnotic pattern, incorporating spins, flips, and barrel rolls into the increasing speed of combat.

To the trained observer, though, there was something else... something quite indefinable, yet wholly unnerving. Some of his motions would seem to be humanly impossible, yet the Grand Marshal would make it seem completely natural. Jumps that would carry his toes to balance on the edge of a kilometer-tall cliff with perfect balance, backflips that seemed to rotate more times in midair than would be normally conceivable...

Yet as the sun rose in the distance, his crimson armor would take on the silhouette of a deity of blood. The backlighting would blur his motions, making them seem to travel faster than time itself. His staff whistled in the breaking day, whirling, seeming to vanish from existence at places in imitation quantum events. His footsteps scrabbled across the textured duracrete of the roof, no slip of his armored boots seeming unintentional, always deliberate.

His hands suddenly cast the staff aside, the Grand Marshal suddenly launching into a series of backflips. His fist would seize his cloak and, with a twitch of his fingers release the magneto-clasps. Crimson fabric whipping in the wind, he would backflip over the edge, and start plummeting through the air down the side of the Coronet Hotel, fastening the cloak to his armor as he fell.

He curled into a ball and kicked off the side of the hotel, slowing his decent and launching him into an intricate series of backflips and body twists. His cloak flared, body spreading to increase wind resistance, plunging through a duraweave canopy of someone's balcony and propelling again before hitting the railing, leaping from tower to tower and slowing his fall before landing, after a triple forward flip and double twist, on the ground in a tripoint crouch.

After a moment he rose, brushing a bit of dust from his cloak as he passes onlookers, oblivious to the snaps of image gatherers of all sorts flashing around him as he walked back into the Coronet. A slight chuckle passed from his lips as he heard the concierge say "This hotel does have elevators, Grand Marshal Jax..."

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Nice post Jax. lol

Arlyn entered the welcoming hotel room, after hours inside of the hotel, it was nice to be away. Her eyes scanned the room and she found her Security Communicator. Her hands grabbed the device when she noticed another beside it. Oddly it had two agents' life signs on it and their location along with various other stats.

Ryan looked over and said, "Luke stopped by the hospital... Since he was no longer apart of Intelligence, he gave that to you. Commented that you were one of his best agents." His voice trailed off as his own communicator was flashing. Arlyn nodded in response and grabbed the device.

"One of my best agents"? Arlyn thought of Luke saying the words and grinned. She sent him a quick reply:

Quote:
Dear Luke,

It was misfortune that the one time I had a chance to revisit my Intelligence Superior and patch a few holes, I was floating in an bacta tank. Your visit was kind and I thank you deeply for that. To our meeting in the future.

Signed,

Arlyn.

Arlyn sent the message then looked up at Ryan who looked a bit depressed. She walked over to him, setting the device on the table. She took his hands and asked him what was wrong.

"Ambassador HQ." he mumbled silently, "Looks like I am needed else where."

Arlyn smirked, although down herself, "It's all right. I'll be fine." Her fingers lifted his chin so they gazed into each other's eyes. Arlyn kissed him for several seconds before pulling away and adding, "Just make it quick."

Ryan nodded and kissed her back, "I leave first thing in the morning." One more night with him, then. Arlyn broke away from Ryan and used her wings to land near the set of towels. She took the top then fluttered over to the shower and eyed the handsome droid.

"I'll be right out, we are having dinner before you go." Arlyn suggested. Ryan's pleased smile was enough to make her rush into the warm water. Oddly she felt clean from the bacta, almost as if water wasn't as soothing.

Back to top »
Shayera Hol
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

We had walked all the way down to the hotel restaurant, only to find it packed full with no tables available. It seemed room service or going out were the only options. Given the choice, I opted for room service. At least then I wouldn't risk seeing Solo. Besides, it would be nice to just have Ams for company at a meal rather than some communal gathering like what seemed to happen frequently on this planet.
Ams walked over. "I sent the order in, Shayera. It should be up in a few minutes."
I smiled as he sat down across from me. "This is so nice to finally be alone with you... well, aside from while we sleep."
He chuckled. "Well, and the rest of the day, too."
"Yeah, but... you know what I mean," I said, flustered.
"Yes, I do," he smiled warmly. I loved that smile. The warmth, the affection, and the sincerity behind it practically made me fall in love all over again. I thought of how many times that smile filled me with a pleasent feeling, one of being loved and wanted. I felt a smile of my own cross my lips. I leaned forward to kiss him, and he began to move closer. Distance vanished slowly as we moved together. But just before our lips met, there was a knock at the door.
I groaned. "Do you ever get the feeling the Galaxy just doesn't want us to kiss each other... or do anything else for that matter?"
Ams laughed as he went to the door. "Not really. Ah, looks like breakfast is here."
He opened the door and the waiters pushed the cart in. Ams thanked them and tipped them generously.

I drained the last of my hot chocolate as Ams' comlink went off.
"Yes?"
There was a pause. "Thank you, Commodore." He switched channels. "Captain Mengsk, I will be arriving shortly."
I gave him a concerned look. "What is it?"
"They need us on the ship."
I sighed. "Fine, let's go."

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Arlyn had decided to exchange the formal clothes for a more relaxing evening. She managed to have Ryan change into something a bit more casual as well. Arlyn was tying something into her hair, the twin Gen'Dais, when her communicator went off.

She eyed the contents and looked at Ryan. She placed a direct message to an old friend then gathered her things.

"Quan di zian." Arlyn said silently.

Ryan nodded and the walked towards the window, the communicator beeping that the transmission was sent.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

The Alliance Security communicator buzzed again. Arlyn took the device into her hands while reading the report from the MC100b Independence. Her eyes carefully scanned over each word, taking them in. Her gaze switched to the Corellia skies. Nothing was viewable but they were here.

Arlyn looked at Ryan and whispered, "The war begins." The thanagarian looked at the man, as if she wouldn’t see him again. They watered, but grew strong as she looked into the blue and relaxing skies. Within an hour, the cities and people of Corellia would be in utter chaos. Unless, of course, the government kept things quiet.

Arlyn left the window and grabbed the Sword of Levition, she sheathed the weapon on her side, pinning her hair as Ryan grabbed his blaster. They looked at each other and decided it was probably best not to walk out of the hotel looking battle-ready. Ryan opened the window and smirked, "Sure you want to do this?" Arlyn nodded, her wings opening wide enough as she felt the current.

"Master Yoogle is waiting for us." her voice was quick and she stepped up to the window allowing her wings to take in the currents and adjust accordingly. Her hair fluttered in the wind, the peaceful onset of the sun gave a false relaxing tone to the people below. They were about to pull a Carnor Jax, but instead of falling in style, they would fly.

Arlyn looked into the heavens of Corellia and stared into the position of the Unu dreadnaughts. Her voice was strong as she grabbed Ryan's waist saying, "Let them come and feast on their own destruction." Her wings opened dramatically and they leapt into the open skies of Coronet. The Angel's wings carrying them away from the hotel and off towards a remote location where the Jedi Master was waiting.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Kyp stood on the balcony, not being able to drawn in the will to sleep. He knew what was happening up above Corellia right now, most Jedi should know.

He stared up into the sky, he knew he should be up there with the rest of the defense fleet helping, though he would have no way of helping.

Sitting down again on the balcony he positioned himself to meditate. Soon the Galatic Ball would be coming, he wanted to see Master Luke again.

Yoogle seemed very wise, and powerful but........Luke was his Master no matter what. Not being able to get into the mood to meditate Kyp stood up again. He was frustrated with all the problems going on, and the trails would be coming soon.

Moving back into the room, he looked at the other Jedi trying not to bother his meditation. He quickly moved out of the room and towards the streets.
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject:

Luke’s eyes opened, he stood from his meditation position and rubbed his temples, “Haruun Kal, people there are STILL in danger. I must assist.”
Luke walked over to the closet and took out the top half of the trousers he was wearing; he fastened a simple utility belt around his waist and threw a black hooded robe over the top. He opened the robe at the front and attached his new lightsabre to the belt. A shiny black blaster pistol with the emblem of the NJO was in a holster attached to his left hip.
Luke lightly tapped Artoo on the top of his newly polished dome, “c’mon buddy, we’re leaving.” Artoo beeped and whistled, “Yeah, going to save another planet.” Luke replied to his little friend, Artoo rocked slightly and rolled out the door.
Luke looked at the parcel on the shelf, he didn’t know who had sent it to him but he took it under his arm and walked out the door with it.

Luke Skywalker

Nicole Wexler

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

how so?
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:

It didn't matter where he landed, James always got the same reception from docking bay officials; fear. He left quickly and proceeded to the Coronet hotel, a room having been booked for him by the docking bay control. He paused before the entrance, dumping his weapons in the garden. They would not stay there for long.

Entering reception, he took in everything around him; from the bumbling porter to the burly security guard. He approached the desk.

"Room for James Vita, booked a while ago."
"Ahh yes, Mr Vita; first floor apartment with lights disabled and no security monitoring?"
"Thats right."
"You will need to pay up front."
"Really? Then why does the sign behind you say that I should settle my bill before I leave?"
"I ... uhh ... that will be fine Mr Vita, please proceed to the elevator. Will you be needing a porter for your bags?"
"I don't have any bags."
"Very well. Enjoy your stay Mr Vita."
"Oh I will," said James his expression unreadable.

James entered his room and climbed out the window, dropping lightly to the ground and retrieving his weapons. He climbed up through the window again and stowed them in various places throughout the room. Satisfied, he closed the blinds and removed his goggles.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject:

As the lights around the hotel dulled, James opened his blinds slightly, just enough to get a look at the door. According to the hotel shift rotation, the woman who tried to rip him off was due to finish her shift very soon. He watched the doors for perhaps twenty minutes, before she exited and walked down the street.

She shifted slightly, her hand fingering a blaster tucked into the waistband of her pants.

Apparently she is expecting trouble, James though, interesting.

He opened his window and dropped to the ground without a sound. She turned and walked down the street, passing right by his hiding place without so much as a backward glace. He flitted to the edge of the next building and so on, never letting her get out of sight. This charade continued for nearly ten minutes, before she stopped and ducked down an alley.

James increased his speed, springing up onto the side of the building and peering around the corner. His quarry was talking to a burly, smuggler looking guy. He was oddly familiar. She looked around and started talking.

"...n't shake the feeling that I was being followed."
"Was there anyone there?"
"No, not that it means much. With everything that is going on at the moment I wouldn't be suprised if CorSec is hiring mercs."
"No way, the are too proud to admit when they need help. But now to business. How much do you have for me?"
"Two hundred credits."
"Are you kidding me? A lousy two hundred credits? I wipe my arse with two hundred credits. What about that merc that came in earlier?"
"He wouldn't pay."
"Why not?"
"Cause there's a sign behind the desk that says he doesn't have to."
"Thats the point of this scam; you're supposed to convince them that the sign is wrong. You are getting sloppy, last week you didn't have anything for me either."
"There was a Jedi Master and a Supreme Moff, among other people. Do you really expect me to try and scam them?"
"Yes, I do."
"No way."
"You will do what I say, pretty girl," said the burly man, grabbing the girl by the throat, "or I may just finish what I started before we began this little operation."
"No, you can't, please" begged the girl.

James jumped lightly to the ground, the manic laughter of the man covering the sound he made with his slight misstep on landing.

"Why don't you let her go," he said, still obscured by the shadows.
"Who said that?" said the man, dropping the girl to the ground.
"Thats not really your business is it?" replied James.
"Oh yeah, how about I make it my business," said the man, taking out a blaster pistol.

James flung a small blade into the man's hand, causing him to drop the blaster and roar in pain.

"Yeah I don't think that would be a very good idea, ya know?" replied James.

The man took out a vibroblade and before James could react, he spun around and stabbed the girl in the stomach. Her scream pierced the night, and made the hairs on the back of James neck stand on end.

"That wasn't very smart," said James, moving out of the shadows.
"Niether was that," said the man, stabbing at James' left shoulder.

James rolled his shoulder back, punching the man in the face with his right fist, the solid contact causing the man to stagger back. Grunting, he stabbed again, this time for the middle of James' chest. James spun, kicking the man in the back of the neck and moving quickly to pinch a nerve at the base of his spine, rendering him unable to move. James approached the girl, who was curled up in the foetal position, whimpering and crying. He pulled out her commlink and put in a call for an emergency med team and a security force. By the time they arrived he was on the roof, watching.

The officers took the man into custody while the med team took the girl to coronet hospital. James however visited niether place; instead returning to his hotel room for a sleep.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject:

The skirmish of words with the cop had been interesting enough, but only because James was still out of handcuffs. He couldn't afford to have anything going wrong, not now. It was now time to go to the police precinct and give his statement. The cops really couldn't arrest him, after all it was self defense; the other guy drew first. James hadn't killed him and had saved the girl's life.

He picked up his blaster and tucked it into the front of his pants. On the table sat a wide array of blades and concealment devices. James strapped on the wrist-blades and returned his boot-blades to their hidden sheaths. Content that he wasn't vulnerable, he put his goggles on and returned the other blades to their hiding spot in the wardrobe. He left the room out the window, as was his custom.

The police precinct was only a short walk from the hotel in the opposite direction to where the attack had taken place. He strode in the door, setting off about a dozen metal detectors. Six officers rushed over, weapons drawn. James removed the blaster from his pants, setting it down on a nearby table before raising his hands. An officer moved forward to pick up the weapon, his own blaster still trained on James' head.

"State your business."
"I am here to provide a statement concerning an assault and attempted murder that occured a few days ago. I was told that the victim would be transferred from hospital today and would come here to also provide a statement. The assailant was arrested at the scene."
"And why did you not surrender yourself to police the moment that man was arrested?"
"As I told the officer on duty outside the girl's room at the hospital, I feared for my safety."
"You rendered the guy motionless; surely a merc like you has nothing to fear from the likes of him."
"I am not what you think I am. Now can I give that statement or not?"
"Sure. Detective Byfield is heading up the investigation."

A medium-sized, dark skinned man in a leather jacket moved forward, motioning for James to follow. He turned and looked over his shoulder as he walked away.

"Just so you know, I'll be getting that back before I leave."

The cop smiled slightly and nodded. James was shown to an interrogation room and seated. A few minuted later "Officer Byfield" entered.

"Please state your name for the record."
"James Tee Vita."
"Place of birth?"
"Coruscant"
"Occupation?"
"Currently unemployed."
"Okay. Now in your own words describe what happened."

James launched into an explanation of how the woman had tried to scam him and how he had followed her and witnessed the arguement before intervening to stop the man.

"You say you followed the woman. What was your intent in doing so?"
"I wanted to know why a hotel concierge walks around at night with a blaster."
"That is the only reason?"
"I was moderately interested in finding out why she tried to scam me too."
"Would you say you were angry at her for attempting to rip you off?"
"Mildly so, but such emotions do not affect my courses of action. I was watching her leave when I noticed the blaster, so I followed."
"Do you have any military training sir?"
"No."
"Any combat training?"
"Not officially, no."
"And unofficially?"
"What has this to do with your investigation?"
"I am trying to establish a background."
"I learned how to fight in Kessel prison."
"And why were you in there?"
"Two counts of murder while serving time for speeder theft."
"And when were you released?"
"I wasn't."
"Come again?"
"I wasn't."
"Then how did you come to be here?"
"I escaped."
"From Kessel?"
"That's right."
"That's impossible, nobody can escape from Kessel."
"My presence here makes that statement kinda redundant don't you think?"
"Unless you were never at Kessel."
"In which case I never got this done," replied James, lowering his goggles for a moment before replacing them.
"My god."
"You can call me James."
"And after you escaped from Kessel?"
"I was ... caught and sent to another prison, one that exists in no official records."
"You hesitated before you said caught. Why is this?"
"I was betrayed by the person I helped to escape."
"I see. And this prison, what happened there."
"Hell."
"And I suppose you escaped from that one too?"
"That's right."
"And where is this prison?"
"Couldn't tell you, wouldn't if I could."
"And why is that?"
"Because then I'd have to kill you."
"Right, I will overlook that threat because you saved a woman's life."
"We must be done here then, because that is all I'm saying."
"I could charge you for illegal posession of a firearm and force you to say more."
"I could kill you in any number of ways, but instead I will just be content with walking out of here."

James got up and walked to the door. The officer on the outside looked at Byfield, who nodded. He opened the door and let James out. James returned to the entrance as the officers were escorting the young woman in. She still looked to be in a lot of pain. Shaking his head, James turned to the desk beside the door and retrieved his blaster. He returned to the hotel.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject:

James checked out of the hotel. It was too comfortable for his liking, and was costing him money anyway. He settled his bill, which came to three thousand eight hundred credits. Apparently saving the life of one of their employees wasn't enough to garner their favour. He strolled out the door with the air of somebody with nothing to think about.

Once he was outside the door he noticed something; the glint of sunlight off the scope of a longblaster. Not waiting for the person to get a bead on him, James dived behind the bushes below his window and retrieved his weapons. About three seconds later he lauched himself around the corner from the end of the row and moved quickly to the end of the alleyway. He climbed the wall, and looked out onto the roof. A rodian was looking down into the alley, a longblaster clutched in his arms.

Across the road, perhaps fifty metres away and on top of another building, was a weequay armed with what looked like a regular blaster. James quickly and quietly descended the side of the building and went to the opposite side as the rodian. He snuck across the road and climbed up behind the weequay, comping up behind him so that the rodian's voice was audible through a comm.

"I'm telling you, he's not here," the rodian droned, his voice full of fear.
"Look harder," the weequay rasped, "I'm coming over."
"Okay ... wait, maybe we should just leave. I've heard of this guy. He's ruthless; we'll never survive."
"You don't really believe that he outed Kessel do you?"
"The cops do."
"They are fools."
"Still, come over quickly will you. I don't like this."
"Right."

As soon as the connection closed James snap-kicked the weequay over the edge of the building and ducked down unseen. He made his qay to the acces at the rear of the building and climbed down, making his way back across the road. The rodian was beside himself when James returned. He waited, holding onto the edge of the building until the rodian turned his back. Springing up onto the roof, James kicked the rodian's blaster out of his hand, at the same time drawing a blade across the scum's throat.

As soon as the rodian hit the deck, four humans dressed in jumpsuits appeared from the stairwell.

"Nice pj's guys," James remarked.

They attacked at once, their movements completely in sync. James sliced the throat of one while kicking out at another, sending it to the ground. He pivoted and drove his blade into the chest of a third and cut the throat of the last. He turned sprang forward, driving both blades into the chest of the foe on the ground.

It was ironic really, that these people had come for revenge after he told the cops he was scared of it. Apparently they weren't as foolish as these guys thought. He was on his way towards the spaceport past the police station when he heard another, oddly familiar scream. He walked into the alley and found the body of a young girl, he throat slashed and her clothes cut to ribbons. The culprit was twenty metres away down the alley and running quickly in the opposite direction.

James drew his blaster and fired, before turning and walking away. A millisecond later the thug collapsed, the back of his head smoking. When he got to the spaceport, James ducked inside. He climbed into his fighter and reactivated the security protocols. Curling up in the seat, he slept for the first time in several days.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: