Chommell Minor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Chommell Minor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferdinand Cartos

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Chommell Minor

Cartos strode out of the transport and into the city square. He sood at a parade rest, other transports landing behind him. He started forward as a batallion of stormtroopers fell into formation behind him. Through the streets there seemed to be a celebration... the causeway had been cleared, and people were standing behind hastily erected barricades, some cheering, and some cursing... though the cheers seemed to win out manifold.

As he went for the council building, the clank of armor behind him, a formation of TIE Interdictors flew overhead, releasing starburts of colored light, brifly resolving into the Imperial Seal before falling into an array of flaring colors. He smiled as he ascended the marble stairs, the stormtroopers breaking formation and personally greeting members of the local guardian force. Military force was all but forgotten in those breif moments, each person admiring the others choice of weapons, asking questions, as Cartos strode alone into the chambers.

As he entered the council chamber, he stood under a clear transparisteel dome, letting in the bright midday sun. A council of 19 elected officials sat in a circle around him, their faces in shadow. The Selectman Councilor sat in a simple chair at the edge of the light, sititng silently, as Cartos approached the podium at the center of the rotunda.

As Cartos pulled a datapad from his inner pocket, a squadron of TIE Defenders looped in blinding maneuvers of arial skill, releasing pitched sonic charges in the tune of the Chommelli anthem. His smile was evident as he slipped his sunglasses from his eyes, looking to address the council directly.
Ferdinand Cartos

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

His voice rang in the chambers, baritone pitch resonating beautifully with the carved stone of the council rotunda.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council. My name is Ferdinand Cartos, Admiral in the Galactic Imperial Navy, and representative of the Imperial High Command. I have come to your planet today to discuss offering you a position of protection and of prosperity in the Empire. As my ship has forwarded to you, The Empire has earned the trust of every other planet in this sector, including your sister planet. It is a travesty that it has taken us this long to come to you, but that time is behind us.

"I come with a gesture of goodwill and peace, offering you and your people a chance to live, and to flourish under the banner of the Galactic Empire. If you accept our offer, your people will immediately be given jobs as we move our resources to your planet... bases to hold our security forces, mechanics for our vehicles... you will gain representation within the Empire, your voice will be heard, and your opinions will be respected.

Ferdinand's eyes met the shadowed orbs of each council member in turn, folding his hands on the podium. "All that we will ask in return, is the coopration of your people, and a nominal tax to allow the Empire resources to uphold the defense promised."

He stopped, letting his words ring throughout the chamber and into silence. His eyes met the Selectman of the Council, and he bowed. "I will wait outside while you deliberate." And with that, he collected his datapad and slipped his cunglasses back on, walking back outside, where the troopers had resumed formation, standing alongside the local guards to keep the council's words private.
Ferdinand Cartos

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Ferdinand's brow furrowed. Undecided? What in the name of the Force was going on in there?

He took a steadying breath, then strode back into the council chambers, adressing the Council of Nineteen once more. He withdrew another datapad and set it on the podium, his eyes once again looking to the Selectman of the council.

"I understand that you have the fate of your peoples to consider, and I assume that the history of the Galactic Empire does not have the best of histories for you to consider. But I ask you not to thinkof us as the regime that existed under Emperor Palpatine. Since his death, we released every system that was under his control, and attempted to win them over again. As you can see, we managed to do that to every other planet in this sector.

However, if you do not choose to join us, you will find yourself in a perilous position... if any government in this galaxy decides to join against us, yours will be the first planet that they come to... and I promise you, they will not be as forgiving if you do not choose to ally with them. The Killik have already mobilized against us, and if they come to your planet there will be no negotiations. They will slave the minds of all of your people to their central hive-conciousness. Your planet will loose its free will forever."

His words were a calm, but the harsh reality behind them would leave every one of the councillors speechless as he strode out of the hall again, issuing orders to the stormtroopers to prepare to depart, but still keeping them at the posts they had taken in the meanwhile.
Ferdinand Cartos

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

Ferdinand Cartos's brow furrowed, his back straightening as he addressed the Council of Nineteen one last time. His voice was cold, his gaze hidden by the reflective sunglasses.

"By a ruling of seventeen to two, you have denied my petition to join the Galactic Empire. I desire this council to know that while I leave without your backing, I leave in peace, and no ill will against you.

Cartos watched a moment, looking to each of the members in turn. His fists threatened to curl into fists, but the man's training helped him retain his composure, and the strength in his voice. "We will not impose trade sanctions with the Empire, nor will we return to attempt to threaten you into compliance. Your lives are to do as you see fit. Know that this offer will always be open should you choose it."

His posture straightened, picking up the datacard and slipping it into one of his front pockets. He paused,taking a steadying breath, then strode out the doors. Evidently, the answer was evident in his posture as the stormtroopers quickly fell into formation behind him. The procession was somber as they entered the transports, the entire proceeding happening without words.

Cartos sat at one of the passenger seats of his transport and burried his head in his hands, sighing heavily. Evidently there was still a lot to learn...

Last edited by Ferdinand Cartos on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Chommell Minor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: