Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Boba Fett, dead or alive.
YES
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
NO
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject:

But we DID see the troopers fall to the ground and therefore, presumably died. As for Boba, the legend (which is true BTW) of the Sarlacc is that it sticks you with a bunch of neurological pins or whatnot, shoots you full of drugs, then you hallucinate for over 1000 years as it SLOWLY digests you. Lucas even made that clear in the movie.

So it is SAFE to assume that the possibility of Boba really being alive is plausable.

THAT was my last contribution. Joke
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Yes. The main argument really should be is wether you believe Boba could pull that off. Yes, Lucas intended him to die, but he never said he was dead. So it's books vs. implification.(I hope thats a word)

If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Executous wrote:
But we DID see the troopers fall to the ground and therefore, presumably died. As for Boba, the legend (which is true BTW) of the Sarlacc is that it sticks you with a bunch of neurological pins or whatnot, shoots you full of drugs, then you hallucinate for over 1000 years as it SLOWLY digests you. Lucas even made that clear in the movie.

So it is SAFE to assume that the possibility of Boba really being alive is plausable.

THAT was my last contribution. Joke

Wait...where in the movie did Lucas mention that the Sarlacc sticks you with a bunch of neurological pins and shoots you full of drugs? *scratches head*

And yes, I know Lucas mentioned that the Sarlacc slowly digests you for 1000 years, but I HIGHLY doubt you are alive for that long - that's pretty much impossible. And besides, if Fett WAS shot with these hallucinigens(sp?) then how in the hell did he escape? There's no way he would have been able to think straight to work his way out of the Sarlacc's maw.

Quote:
Yes. The main argument really should be is wether you believe Boba could pull that off. Yes, Lucas intended him to die, but he never said he was dead. So it's books vs. implification.(I hope thats a word)

And I don't believe Fett could pull that off for reasons I have listed above.

But Lucas DID say that Fett is dead - not just his intention. The article I posted from the OS is proof of this.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Chris Britton
Ensign

Location: On the Bridge of a Star Destroyer shouting at crappy officers.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Why can't we just agree to disagree. I think he is alive. And if Lucas said he was dead. why has he allowed books to be written which said he was alive.

Commander of the Star Destroyer 'Revenge'
Imperial Navy
Galactic Empire
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Well... he may just want it to stay a mystery giving Boba Fett a more legendary status and more fans. As we have seen here for example this is 6 pages long and is still being discussed. So you won't ever forget about him... and if Lucas would ever decided on this matter. He would make another movie not go into a press conference. Wink

Grand Commodore Guru Bhuru/Commander, all of the DRWP navy

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Noo... not Neimodia, you Rebels how?! says:
I have a style named after me now?
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
*gets married, gives birth to children and dies*
From the desk of Reverend. Matthew from the COM our mascot Penguin all verdicts are finel! says:
lol

"Tare meus armo , EGO vadum crudus , quod rip meus pes , EGO vadum scream , tamen EGO mos nunquam trado U.R.I. quod EGO mos pugna ut nex , si ut est quis postulo exsisto."

SPORE! The Fansite: http://www.sporefan.com/fhome.asp Will Wright is making the next myspace!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Chris. If you believe that he's dead, well, then keep on thinking that. If you believe he's still kicking, ditto. But no one is going to convince people to join the other side of the argument. Hence: Opinion. And yeah, it's an opinion forum, but we've exhausted the subject, and now its just referring to what was said before. This is my last contribution Joke.

Back to top »
reach42

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:

This however is my first contribution. Boba Fett is still alive, because of his armour. The pins would've taken a while to penetrate his mandelorian armor, and in that time, Boba could've activated a thermal detenator and thrown it down, which blew off his leg, which is in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters. He is saved by the Bounty Hunter and is the best man at his wedding (lucky guy, I want Boba Fett to be my best man). Boba then goes on to do a lot more stuff.
From the SWDB
"Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV."
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Fett lives. Its in the EU everywhere, different stories of Fetts survial. He got out of the Sarlacc but he use tons of drugs to keep him from cancers.

Alexus - Moskau, Moskau, Wirf die Gläser an die Wand says:
"About last night... was that condom working?"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Here we go again. Rolling Eyes

You two just validated my last post. I vote no more of this argument.

Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:

Guys, considering this topic is 6 pages long, it gives you the idea that this subject is rather controversial. So let's call it a day and all go on believing what we like about Fett's fate.
Han Solo

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:

Heh...you think this is bad, you should have seen the debate over at theforce.net. It was fifty-some pages long with the same stuff back and forth. Lots of bannings were given out too. So, yea, Hunt is right...this subject hits a nerve with a lot of people. Let's just agree to disagree. Wink

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Darth Zorn

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject:

I hate to break it to ya, but that's how all debates are. No side will ever convince the other Joke
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Exactly why we should shut this down before it escelates into a brawl and ends up like TheForce.net debate lol.
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Don't end this debate simply because you can't see light at the end of the tunnel. You can't enter a debate expecting people to come out with an agreement - that's not debate at all. This is a debate...two views (for the most part) and neither side is going to conceed so get over it. If people want to keep it going, then they should be able to.

'Nuff said.
 Back to top »
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject:

There's no need to become insulting... LOL this is turning out like TheForce.net debate already Joke .
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Uh, guys, what i said before...
Quote:
Ravik Shadowstalker Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:41 pm

I agree with Chris. If you believe that he's dead, well, then keep on thinking that. If you believe he's still kicking, ditto. But no one is going to convince people to join the other side of the argument. Hence: Opinion. And yeah, it's an opinion forum, but we've exhausted the subject, and now its just referring to what was said before. This is my last contribution .

I mean, I agree with you Executous, that a debate is a debate, but, theres no more facts to give anymore. George states that Boba is dead. Books state that he's alive. Its just a matter of wether you believe the books and comics, or if you believe Lucas Arts, whom makes the books and comics. That was without my opinion, though.

And no more "He is alive because..." or "He is dead becuase...". I mean, it is bringing the debate absolutely no where. I'm not looknig to convince anyone of my way, just simply displaying why I believe those matters. There are no more points, there are no more facts, and nothing is going to bring this debate further or enrichen it. Just...stop. Period.

Back to top »
Chris Britton
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Ravik has made some excellent points here. itr is all down to personal opinion and debate. Believe who you want to believe. Lucas or the books. Both have equal takes on things. If Lucas wanted him dead. he could have stopped people from wrting about him. But it down to us to decide what we believe.

Imperial Navy
Galactic Empire
 Back to top »
Wallace
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject:

ok, i'm going to clear all this up. I want all of you to stop arguing (although you already have Very Happy), go to a library or amazon.com or wherever you get books. I want all of you to buy the book "Tales from Jabba's Palace". Then i want you to flip to the chapter on Boba Fett. That chapter says clearly HOW he escaped.
Ship: Centurian Hawk (YT-1210 Light Freighter)

Kelt Doran
Freelance Smuggler
Credits: 10,000
Ship: Aracknia and one X-Wing fighter.
Crew: A bunch of clones by the names of Jess, Jordan, and Dino. Also one hot female clone by the name of Melina.

Kell Tainer
Date of Birth: 20012
Ship: Eye of the Storm

Ebro Ackran
Date of Birth: 20024
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Wallace wrote:
ok, i'm going to clear all this up. I want all of you to stop arguing (although you already have Very Happy), go to a library or amazon.com or wherever you get books. I want all of you to buy the book "Tales from Jabba's Palace". Then i want you to flip to the chapter on Boba Fett. That chapter says clearly HOW he escaped.

Did you even READ the arguments posted here? Confused

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Wallace
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject:

Nubis Serin wrote:
Wallace wrote:

Did you even READ the arguments posted here? Confused

of course not, too long and i'm too lazy Laughing
Ship: Centurian Hawk (YT-1210 Light Freighter)

Kelt Doran
Freelance Smuggler
Ship: Aracknia and one X-Wing fighter.
Crew: A bunch of clones by the names of Jess, Jordan, and Dino. Also one hot female clone by the name of Melina.

Kell Tainer
Date of Birth: 20012
Ship: Eye of the Storm

Ebro Ackran
Date of Birth: 20024
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Well to tell you in short, one of the arguments is wether those books are true canon or not, Wallace.

Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Here's a little taste of how much leeway there is in Star Wars matters. At Celebration III, I had the chance of a lifetime to see George Lucas. One of the people asking questions was a small child who asked, "My daddy keeps telling me that Stormtroopers are the good guys. Are they?"

Immeadiately I thought that it was a GREAT question. What did Lucas respond with? "Good question. Stormtroopers are good guys. They just happen to work for a very evil man. But they're good people." Not entirely word-for-word, but close enough.

There ya have it - things we think can be changed in a instant. Is it not possible then, that Boba COULD be alive? I think it's possible, but I can't give ya a yes or no.

Also, a perfect example of how Lucas accepts EU is the naming of Coruscant - first named in Timmothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire. When it came time to name "Imperial Center," Lucas accepted the name given in an EU text - another pirme example of the bridging between the movies and EU.

[ Biography | Ship Information ]
 Back to top »
Chris Britton
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

What confuses me is that Does Boba mess up star wars cannon, Simalar to what ravik said. As you could say that it does not. but you could say ti does, depending on how you look at it.

Imperial Navy
Galactic Empire
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:

If only...
If only...
This argument could cease Joke.

Welp, it's a matter of opinion. But not only that, as I've thought about it, technically, its wether you pay more attention to one type of books or another type. I guess thats really what we've been arguing here, who reads what line of books. Heh, kinda primitive, don't you think?

Back to top »
Chris Britton
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject:

I think this has gone on long enough. We have said our opinions. Does anyone else have anything to add?

Imperial Navy
Galactic Empire
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I agree. This is now just beating a dead horse.

Closed.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Out of Character Repository » Boba Fett Dead or Alive?Take your vote!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

All content and data are copyright © the SWVII CMAC Council unless otherwise noted by same.

SWVII Theme is based off the Solaris font. We claim no copyright, except on banner image[s].
Solaris phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson
Copyright © Jakob Persson 2003