The Third Battle of Corellia
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » The Third Battle of Corellia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: The Third Battle of Corellia

Current turn: 5

Forces:
Front Plane
Executor-class Star Destroyer Prestige
Imperator-Class Star Destroyer, Mark II Westfallen
Venator-Class Star Destroyer Black Star
Venator-Class Star Destroyer Vermillion
Carrack Cruiser Girtab

Carrack Cruiser Gomeisa
Carrack Cruiser Gorgonea Tertia
Carrack Cruiser Grafias
Carrack Cruiser Grumium
Carrack Cruiser Giennah

Carrack Cruiser Gurab
Victory-Class Star Destroyer, Mark I Suchet
Victory-Class Star Destroyer, Mark II Puglia
CR-90 Corvette Cupil
CR-90 Corvette Loqua

CR-90 Corvette Pirate's Grave
Interdictor Cruiser Picket
Lancer-Class Frigate Cubitt

Emancipator-class Obi Wan
--------------
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Urbr
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Bru
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Ru
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Brrr
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Rubbu

Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Urbb
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Burb
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Brrb
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Uub
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Rur

Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Rru
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Brrru
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Rbbu
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Urb
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Uurrb

Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Urbrb
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Brbu
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Bubr
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II Ubbrr
Unu-class Dreadnaught Mark II RrBur

Left Plane
None

Back Plane
Out of View

Right Plane
None

Top Plane
Out of View

Bottom Plane
Out of View

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:31 pm; edited 10 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Alarm klaxons blared across the ship as the Killik fleet came crashing out of hyperspace inside the interdiction field. Twenty large cruisers of unknown type were apparent. But it didn't matter if there were twenty or twenty thousand. They were fighting one of the most powerful ships in the Imperial fleet, with the finest crew I ever knew aboard. Death would come quickly for the Killiks.
"Commander Delling, I want ten tractor beams on each ship. Hold them here so we don't need to chase them all over the system and scare someone. Then, blast the two middle ships in the forward line with all forward turbolasers and ion cannons, the next two with missiles.
"Let's crush this scum!" I barked.
I watched with pride as my officers executed the orders, a half score of tractor beams restraining the Killik craft and drawing them deeper into the interdiction field as a hail of emerald and ruby death fell upon them.
"My lord! More ships coming in!"
Reinforcements? I wondered.
"They're Alliance!"
I looked forward and saw ships come out of hyperspace behind the Killiks. They were completely trapped now.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

The nest ships steadily began to grow in the viewport as Ackbar surveyed the battle from his vantage point of the Third Fleet. The Fleet had come in behind the Killiks ships and their ion trails danced in their wake.

A signal beeped on the console and Ackbar toggled it with a webbed hand. "Sir, we just got ahold of Commander Solo. He will be taking over command as soon as he arrives."

What would have been a smile crossed the Mon Cal's lips. "Great! I'm sure he'll be welcomed. In the mean time, how about we get things started and launch our first round of fighters? Let the bugs play with them for a while."

"Right away, sir!"

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I stared in awe as the enormous beast in front of me and the rest of my squadron opened fire on the Killik fleet. "Beautiful..." I said in a low whisper.

"Open comms to the rest of the Squadron." I told the comm officer.
"This is Commodore Skirata of the Black Star. Westfallen, Suchet, Puglia and Vermillion are ordered to take up positions behind the Prestige, provide covering fire. All Carracks , defend the Picket at all costs. CR-90s and the Cubitt will hold back and defend against fighter attacks."

Suddenly he felt uneasy, here we are, at the forefront of battle, against an enemy of individuality, freedom, and independance. A million thoughts rushed through my mind at that moment: "Do we have enough forces, what if it's a trap, an ambush, what if we fail here?"

I banished the thoughts from my awareness, any battle can be won. All that is needed is a good leader, disciplined troops, a good amount of tech, courage, and honor...we have all of that.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, "All ships, scramble fighters and bombers."

"Internal comm please. To all hands, Vode An."
The Comm officer loooked puzzled, "What's Vode An mean sir?"
I smiled, "It means, brothers all in Mando'a. We are all brothers in arms."

Commodore Kalydon Skirata--Venator Black Star

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

— Passage from "Mandalorians: Identity and Language"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Jawthe looked out the window with a smile. And so it had begun. The war that the Empire had started out of their prejudice was about to be thier own end. The final moments of Ams Jendob were imminent. Jawthe looked out of the window of the ship, and saw his ships, caught in the Prestiege's tractor beams.

"All availible ships, engage the Prestiege, full firepower." He then walked over to Vuffi Raa, "Prepare yourself. I have my suit ready. We will now commence Operation: Perfection."

<We are ready Prestiege is not Disable the hangar shields at once>

"All ships, you heard 'im, hit the hangar, full firepower!"

Alexus - Moskau, Moskau, Wirf die Gläser an die Wand says:
"About last night... was that condom working?"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Alarm chimes rang from the Grand Marshal's armor, and a string of obecenities enough to make a Corellian dockhand blush spewed from his lips. He crashed through the plasteel, showering the street below with fragments. Crimson cloak flaring in the air currents, the Sovereign Protector raced up the wall and flipped to the rooftop, where his TIE Defender stood waiting. He pressed a series of commands into his gauntlet datapad and the ship roared to life, going through prelaunch sequences.

The Grand Marshal leapt into the cockpit, pressing an alarm chime. "This is Grand Marshal Jax to the Prestige. Order the Sovereign Fist to initiate warm-up protocols, have the helm prepare to take offensive maneuver Alpha-5. Order Dark Blade to go through warmup protocols, and prepare to deploy on my mark. I will be up in a moment."

As the lights flashed green, Jax jettisoned the repulsorlift dock the ship was sitting upon, the twin ion engines whining in the atmosphere as the Sovereign Protector whipped through the turbulent atmosphere, his mind already racing with the possibilities and reprocussions.

"Attention all fighters in the Corel sector. Prepare to deploy. TIE-A and TIE-D, two seeker concussion missiles and complete armaments with seeker torpedoes. TIE-IT, Prepare swarm pattern Zeta-3, TIE-ID, load concussion missiles and warheads to full capacity, prepare for pattern gridlock-42. TIE-V, vantage points decagonal to the battlefield and pentagonal to the ventral plane, deflectors double front. Execute!"

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Holder of the all-powerful 20,000th post

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

As the Executor fired it's massive array of weaponry, I ordered my squad into action.

After consideration, "Cancel the fighter launch order. We shall wait until the enemy is closer."
"Imperator Westfallen, open fire with all forward batteries on the inner ships that haven't been attacked by Prestige's turbolasers, Venator Vermillion, nose down at 45 degree angle, give all of you heavy turbolasers a clear firing angle on the enemy then attack the other forward ships. Puglia, and Suchet, concentrate on the outermost forward ships."

To the helm, "Nose down at 45 degrees, give all of our heavies a chance to fire, then hit the outer forward ships."
"Target sir?" The gunnery officer asked.
"Same as Vermillion and Westfallen." I replied.

I had to admire this crew, I had been with this ship for a long time, since I was an ensign. I knew they trusted me, they believed in me, it was my responsibility to make certain that they would all make it home.

"All other ships, hold your positions, Picket, keep that field up, don't let the enemy escape."

Achieving the 45 degree angle that I had requested, I ordered, "power to forward deflector shields and main batteries. Open fire on the ships Prestige has attacked with her missiles."

"All forward batteries, open fire."

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds.

They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war.

And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity of nation, were only strengthened.

Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassaliable heart. "

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

The massive bulk of the Prestige aimed its multitude of death-bringing energy weapons at the Killik ships Bru and Ru. Over a thousand-strong wave of polarized ion cannons and devastating turbolaser bolts streamed toward the ships and slammed into them, many of their alien crewers being vaporized as the searing-hot lasers intersected with flesh, others being crushed to death as bulkheads exploded and crushed their insectoid bodies. As the physical entities of the ships were obliterated, the Imperial ion cannons sent their technologically lethal charges through every system. Vital targeting and shipboard operations information were reset to nothing more than a negative charge on the computer stores and, to say the least, all systems onboard were non-operational as the ships drifted in space, barely hanging on to life.

Mere seconds before the lethal barrage, the Bru and Ru, along with Urbr, Brrr and Rubbu, fired all forward weapons towards the towering Prestige, inflicting what would be significant damage to any other ship, but nothing to the mighty Executor-class vessel. Still, the crewers of allied Imperial ships such as the Westfallen and other Venator-class cruisers into the Urbr, inflicting a trivial amount of physical damage.

As the crossfire from the Imperial and Confederate forces ensued, the mysterious Chancellor-class ships used their engines to power themselves towards the rear-end of the enemy fleet. The galaxy waited to see the Galactic Alliance’s new flagships in action...

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Han strode onto the bridge of the command ship just as the fireworks were just beginning. A bright flash lit up the forward viewport deadly beams of energy began to fly back and forth between the Killik and Imperial ships. Han frowned and began to rub his jaw with his hand as he studied the battlefield. This wasn't gonna be easy.

An eerie silence filled the bridge and the only sound came from beeping consoles and the occasional alarm. That is, it was quiet until someone cleared their throat somewhere in the crewpit. Han turned on his heel and a small smirk began to form on his lips. "How 'bout we join in on the fun, eh? Target the closest line of enemy ships and hold 'em steady with tractors. We don't want 'em to get antsy and run on us.

Other than that, open up with everything we got on that second and furthest line of ships. We'll teach these bugs to mess with us. Smashing every last one personally under my boot would be more satisfying, but hey, this ain't a bad alternative."

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

From within the sterile cocoon of his TIE Defender, he watched the battle begin to unfold. He flipped to a secure commlink and spoke.

"This is Grand Marshal Jax. I want all TIE Defenders, Interceptors, and Advanced to deploy in attack formations Phi-17, theta-2, and Alpha-16 respectively. Sensors at maximum, toggle to scan for Vulture 'droids. Defenders and Advanced, use concussion missiles - set proximity to 1.5 meters, knock them into one another and throw them off long enough to blast them - guns 75%, shields armed 1.5 front, 1.5 to leeward side.

"All TIE Interdictors, assume pattern Repulsor 18, 10 meter stagger just within your ship's shields. I want all torpedo tubes armed and loaded - half concussion missiles, half proton torpedoes. Each squadron, concentrate all fire on your closest ship. Coordinate attacks with your squadron commanders to pinpoint the hangar bays.

"TIE Vanguards, assume positions just outside of the interdiction field, out of range of the enemy guns. If any of these ships break free, track them - take detailed records of their trajectories should they make hyperspace. I want to track them and destroy them before they regroup.

"Lastly, Sovereign Fist, power up all guns and prepare to deploy on my mark, power up scramblers and tight-beam them directly at the command ship. I don't want any orders getting through. Send a high-frequency carrier wave on the beam, try to intercept any orders that are attempted. To know your enemy is half the battle.

"After this, your orders come from Cheif Marshal Atius. Dark Blade, assume attack formation delta-7 and remain within the Prestige's shields until summoned. I'm going into this battle myself."

The commlink clicked off, and with a battle cry the Sovereign Protectors TIE Defender shot into the battle, arming seeker concussion missiles. He wove among the enemy capitals, attempting to draw fire to himself and, resting within the network of Unu-class Dreadnoughts, having them overshoot him and hit their other ships.

"Shields 1.5 port and starboard, ion cannons 80 percent, lasers 75." His eye shields swept the battle for the fighters he knew to be oncoming, weaving his way through the crush of Dreadnoughts, ready to fire his ions on the squadron leaders of vultures as soon as his enhanced perceptions caught them...

Three more words flared in the commlink, resulting in a resounding cheer from all of the ships in the vicinity...

LEAVE NO SURVIVORS!

"My job is not to cast judgement on you - that is what your Gods are for. My job? To arrange the meeting."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Whats Different in this post: Nothing except my ships deactivating stabilizers and then thrust engines, if that doesn't work, the orders are the same.

Jawthe stood silently as the Urbr rummbled from the fire of the Imperial ships, "Status report!" The then saw data stream across the visor of his helmet. Only minor damage, but two ships were disabled - another volley from any ship and they were gone. The Alliance ships began to close in on his own and the fleet would be overwhelmed if the Imperials sent in reinforcements...

There had to be a way to get out of the tractors and it had to be fast. The darkness of space never ended as Jawthe looked down and only saw a few specks of stars. He remembered history. He remembered that you weren't supposed to repeat it. He was about to... Almost.

He hit the comm, "All availible units deactivate stabilizers..." He paused, "... now." He watched as his cruisers obey his command. "Once out you fall out of thier tractor beams, engage full thrust. Launch your Vultures into the path of the tractor beams. Once you're clear, get out of this system." He only hoped his plan would work. Once it did, the ships would be able to leave, and then, they would be able to upgrade thier engines so this never happened again.

"If that doesn't work, I want two of you to shoot that Interdictor, and the other three to blast that damn Imperator!"

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."

Last edited by Victor von Doom on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

The ship rocked slightly under the Killik fusillade, but damage seemed to be done. Their ions stuck a moment later, and display screens flickered and wavered, the lights fluctuated, and a few panels sparked.
"Report?" I barked. I had no time for pleasantries.
Commander Cephos spoke up. "Captain Farnog reports auxiliary power is down. He estimates time of repair at seven minutes. Intership communication appears down as well. My technicians say three minutes until we can contact the fleet again."
"Blast!" I muttered. That meant the untested Skirata was on his own. But then, if he was half as good as he seemed, the Killiks were doomed.
"Sir," Commander Delling called. "Concussion missile launchers are offline as well. Repair crews are endeavoring to rectify the situation."
I nodded. "Good. Very good, in fact."
I turned back to confer with Cephos about any minor damages we sustained when I saw Shayera, wide-eyed. She was, perhaps for the first time I ever saw, afraid. Even when facing down the Alliance in the Liquidator, she wasn't nervous. Then again, she wasn't pregnant, either, when we battled the Alliance over this world. I looked at her, silently telling her everything would be okay. No matter what happened, I would make sure her and the baby were safe.
I glanced back at the Killik fleet, eyes smoldering. No one intimidated my wife... now, it was personal.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Jawthe knew that the Chancellors were strong - or so Tarms had told him before she died on Telos. This had to end. If the Empire would end he would. "All ships, cancel all orders. I want everyone - deactivate shields, deactivate weapons. Do not do anything." Now to see if the Empire would stand down, or if they would slaughter the Killik fleet.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

"They've what?" I asked in disbelief.

"That's right sir, they've stood down. Weapons, and shields have been deactivated." The bridge officer responded.

I thought to myself, this is an odd play for them..."All ships in Squad 16, cease firing. Keep all batteries and missiles trained on them. If this is a trap, blast them to hell."

"Picket, reset your gravity well projectors, target the center of the Killik fleet equidistant from the Allaince and Imperial fleets. Be ready to activate it at a moment's notice."

"Carracks, go to flak burst mode on your weapons in case those Vultures bat an eye at you."

Maybe the Killiks have had a change of heart and want to surrender? I thought silently.

"Communications, can we contact Prestige?"
"No sir, their comms are still offline."

Dammit, we can't tell them to cease firing, I only hope Ams notices that both sides are silent...Jax!

"Communications, inform the Grand Marshal, respectfully, that the Killik fleet has stood down."

The battlefield was utterly silent as the two fleets stood facing each other...it was unsettling how dead quiet it was. Quiet in war usually meant something bad was about to happen...

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

The transmission from Skirata rang in his ears, the Grand Marshal's body tensing slightly. This stank of a trap, but until he could know for sure, he had to supress his natural instinct of taking advantage of the situation. He kicked his ion drives into motion again, flicking his commlink. "Marshal Vestados, dispatch a runner to the bridge of the Prestige, tell them I am offering the Killik fleet an opportunity. Supreme Moff Jendob will know what I am talking about."

He switched comm frequencies to the general fighter channel, his voice ringing as the fighters poured from their deployments, registering the arming of their weapons. "All fighters, belay attack orders. Retain your positions, TIE Interdictors, Defenders, and Advanced lock missiles at the flagship's bridge. Do not fire unless I give the order. TIE Advanced, start sortie pattern Alpha-7, be ready to target any vultures as they exit their ships."

Jax took his Defender out of the clutch of Dreadnoughts, gliding to the Prestige's bow. In a tight half-cuban, he piloted the superiority fighter around to face the Killik fleet, a hornet facing off against an intruder, defending its nest. His Force perceptions opened up, searching the Gen`Dai as he trained his proton torpedoes on the bridge of his flagship.

"Sovereign Fist, cut scrambler lock. I will need to be able to hear what they are about to say. Prime surge to scrambler, same tight-beam pattern on my command, directed at the flagship. Should that ship be destroyed, immediately shift target lock to next closest dreadnought."

He switched his communications over to general frequencies, his voice ringing powerfully. His words were chosen carefully, his tone that of both warning and authority. The dark silhouette of his fighter hung like a speck against the massive steel-blue arrowhead of the Executor, barely visible even in the brightness of the Corellian sun rising over the sphere of the planet.

"This is Carnor Jax, Grand Marshal of Imperial Air Forces. I am authorized by the Galactic Empire to offer you one chance to surrender. You have three standard minutes to return transmission of your response. Reactivation of your weapons or shields, or a lack of response within the alloted time will constitute a negative response to this offer, and we will interpret your presence in this system as an act of war. Shields up or not, weapons charged or not, we will open fire and destroy your ships if these conditions are not met.

"Bear this offer careful thought, as it will not be repeated."

His communication channels remained open, his helm auditory inputs reading low, general chatter over the fighter frequencies. He watched out of the corner of his vision as swarms of TIE-class starfighters settled themselves into position, listening to the confirmation checks of target locks and check-ins.

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I looked over the Killik fleet. There was something far too easy about this. It had to be a trap.
"Send by Imperial optical transmission code: Surrender is a trap. Keep firing," I ordered. The Killiks weren't getting away.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Ackbar

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

With his back turned to the viewport, Ackbar cocked his oblong head toward the crewpit. "We have one last present to leave our Killik friends before pulling out," he paused, sucking his breath in like a vacuum taking in water. "Target their third line of ships and open on them with everything we got. Once we are clear, make the jump to the new coordinates."

Last edited by Ackbar on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject:

Ackbar's forces will be departing for hyperspace at the beginning of Turn 3. Also, please be a little clearer next time with your orders *looks at Ams*. Joke It's hard to tell what exactly you want fired at what. Damage reports will be sent out tomorrow.

The silence of space was almost unbearable. The galaxy was watching in regards to what would happen, while the Killik ships waited, defenseless, for the mercy of their opponents. Then, the anvil was struck. A haze of blasts first flung out from the Empire's Carracks towards the Rru and the Brrru. Although the shields were down due to the almost-surrender, the bolts contacted directly with the hull. However, they caused only minor damage.

Next were the forces of Admiral Ackbar. As the Admiral gave his orders, many of the crew noticed an ETA-2 fighter soaring from the surface and straight past the bridge. However, they had a task to concentrate on. Today, the fate of many would be decided.

The brand new Chancellors fired with intention to finish the rest of the targets. They did their job well. With perfect accuracy, the first two salvos were fired, bringers of death upon their Killik foes. The first round impacted the Uurrb. The turbolasers blasted against the ship's hull, significantly damaging the vessel. Structural breaches occured throughout every section of the ship, sucking Killiks outside into the cold, traitorous vacuum of space. Immediately following this, more bolts struck the damaged vessel. These ion cannons totally disabled the Uurrb, leaving it dead in space with severe fractures. It was out of commission for this battle.

Even still, there were more lethal turbolaser bolts, even more than the first salvo, hurtling at the Unu-class vessel Urb. The ion cannons were also fired, but they barely impacted the hull before almost every system was physically annihillated by the Rebel turbolasers. The ship was hanging on by a thread, totally disabled and its hull seconds from crushing in on itself. The crew, however, had no time to react to their situation, as their thoughts were instantly put to death as several space bombs from the Chancellors impacted the ship. The once-great war vessel totally exploded, leaving only embers, durasteel and Killik flesh.

Finally, the last, smaller batch of turbolasers fired, several of the blasts going wide and spiraling off into the void of space. However, enough did strike the Rbbu's bow, blowing conduits out on the ship. Fortunately, structural integrity held, for the time being. The crew would certainly need to be able to access the many shorted-out systems that would be discovered after the merciless barrage of ion cannons hit. The Rbbu was barely hanging on with only weapons and propulsion still functional.

The crews aboard the Alliance starships did not cheer for the death of their enemies, but a great victory was forseen.Still, Admiral Ackbar somberly ordered the Alliance into hyperspace as they began to turn to the end of the Empire's gravity well.

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:53 am; edited 9 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Jax's proximity to the Prestige, coupled with the intense emotion of the Supreme Moff read like a beacon on the Force, his fingers reflexively squeezing the triggers on his proton torpedoes. His voice roared over the fighter channel, the ion drive trails of his torpedoes already streaking towards the Gen`Dai General's exact location. "ALL FIGHTERS OPEN FIRE!"

With a kick of his ion drives, his fighter lurched into the fray. The Grand Marshal's ship, that same hornet that had hung so calmly over the bow of the Prestige, had suddenly become enraged, flying at his gargantuan foe with no thought to the size difference.

No sooner had the order been given through the fighter channels than all of the TIE Defenders, Advanced, and Interdictors opened fire on Jawthe's flagship bridge. 368 seeker concussion missiles and 3,872 seeker torpedoes suddenly filled the space between them, each one converging on a central point just below the observation transparisteel windows.

As his Defender whipped back and forth between the ships, his ion cannons opened fire, sending emerald bolts of charged energy straight at the lead ship of the second line, aiming straight for the bridge of the battlegroup leader's ship on the second line. His fingers twitched, bringing two concussion missiles to ready launch as another twitch of his wrist firelinked all four laser cannons to a half-second delay behind the ions, aiming to destroy the systems he targeted after the ion bolts had done their damage.

With his command, the 32 ships that formed Dark Blade entered combat, flying in 4 squads of 8, each of them expertly piloted at a different ship. The first group launched 12 concussion missiles and 4 proton torpedoes at the Rru, 16 ion bolts and 32 laser cannon blasts whipping around the ion trails of the missiles, aiming to impact the spread of main thrusters at the back of the ship.

The second squadron repeaded the process with the Brrru, streaks of vermillion, emerald, and sapphire led with silver aiming in unerring lines straight for the bubbles of propulsion drives.

The third squadron, however, led by DB-001 had other plans. With a kick of aftermarket repulsorlifts he sent not only himself but his entire squad into a counterclockwise spin. The entire squadrion pivoted on a central point, tightening garrotes of chlorophyllic and sanguine energy chewing into the armored hull, aiming for the primary forward observation platform of the Brrb.

The fourth squadron formed into a tridelta pattern behind Jax, pinpointing ships they hurtled past, aiming concussion missiles straight for the starfighter deployment areas of the Uurrb and the Urbrb.

The TIE Vanguards deployed from the Prestige and left the firing range of the Dreadnoughts, setting up overlapping vantage points around the entire battlefield. This battle would be recorded in full detail for the entire galaxy to know...

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

"Sir firing has resumed."

As I saw the Alliance ships leave after destroying one of the enemy ships, Grand Marshall Carnor Jax attacked the enemy head on.

"I stared in amazement, Psycho, but he gets the job done well at least...I can't argue with results I thought.

"Allright people, resume attack, Puglia, Suchet Westfallen, and Vermillion, concentrate all fire on the enemy flgaship, the Urbr."
"Get everything you have on that ship, lasers, Ion Cannons, Turbolasers, Concussion Missiles, and Proton Torpedoes...everything."

On the shipboard comm, I ordered:
"Gunnery crews, target the Urbr, bring her down."

"Once the first barrage has fired, have the troops prepare for boarding actions...just in case."

"But I didn't realize we were boarding them sir." A bridge officer said.

"We may not, but it always pays to keep your men as sharp as possible, they shall be timed on how fast they prepare....call it, a battle drill under pressure."

I took a deep breath and wondered how the people on the surface were taking this. No doubt there'd be panic...After the battle, we'd help as needed.

I watched as all five of my attacking ships unleashed a barrage of ordinance and plasma, intent on ending the life of a certain General...

Captain--Dark Trooper IV

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 am; edited 6 times in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

The attack continued as the first wave of Dark Blade fighters at the Rru. As they strafed the length of the ship, they fired their missles, ion cannons and lasers, dealing only minor damage. The next wave had a similar effect on the Brrru. The remaining waves attacked the Brrb, Uurrb and Urbrb. Only minor hull damage was done and small breaches were found by the Killik crews.

The larger ships now moved in to converge on the Urbr. The Gurab, Cupil, Suchet, Puglia and Loqua’s salvos scored hits on the ship, dealing hull damage.

As the Imperials continued to attack the Killiks, a new ship arrived...

Forgive the short post. It’s very late and I need to be up early

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject:

On board the Sabre
Luke looked out of his cockpit and saw the battle ahead of him, “lock onto him Artoo.”
Artoo beeped and a message came up in the display, “The general’s ship is straight ahead.”
“Oh I see it,” said Luke, “Well, this is going to be easy.”
Artoo beeped again: The Emancipator Obi-Wan is off to port.
Luke smiled and pressed a button, “Hello up there, nice of you to join us!”
A voice came over the comsystem, “Hey Luke, mind moving outta the way, let the big girls play for a bit. And as for our less than speedy arrival, we left hyperspace on the otherside of the planet, we WERE coming from Nubia remember. And as such we had to get here on sub-light.”
Luke chuckled, “Yeah, yeah. Excuses, excuses. Anyway, I was here first, you find your own Killik ship to shoot at.”
“Oh by the way, we left Ma’shi on Nubia to negotiate, hope you don’t mind lil ol’ me doing the fighting,” the voice said.
Luke immediately recognised the voice as Nicole’s “Nicole, you’re meant to be resting… in your condition you’re in no state to…”
Nicole’s hologram formed on the display, she smiled, “Luke, I think I’d know when I should be resting. And when my fiancé is in a battle over Corellia with Galactic Enemy number one is NOT one of those times.”
Luke shook his head, “you’re worse than Leia. All right lets do this, target the nearest Killik ship and disable it, try to avoid destroying it if you can.”
Nicole mock frowned, “Aw, spoil my fun.”
Luke nodded, “Yes Nikki, we don’t want too many casualties. Prepare boarding parties and get me a squadron of ARCs to back me up.”
Nicole nodded.

On board the Obi-Wan
Nicole nodded at the holographic Luke, “Prepare boarding parties, we’re taking as many of those ships as we can. Lock ion cannons on the nearest vessel, target shield generators, weapons and anything else you can find.”
Her orders were quickly obeyed, “Commander, I want two Squadrons of ARC-170’s out there escorting Luke.”
Eight-Ball nodded, “Aye, aye captain.” And he ran towards the turbolift.
Nicole smiled, “Fire when ready.”

Luke Skywalker
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

Colonel Ma'shi, Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence

Nicole Wexler

Secra Mirosa - Galactic Alliance Intelligence

HK-47

Jasmine

Jandon Fallor

Miranda Stardock

Tanya Haines

Yoda and Obi Wan, not characters, more like permanent NPCs

Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
You want some help in the skirmish?
Alexus - FORWAAAARD COMRAAADES! says:
how so?
Shannon is a Tim Tam Slut says:
you know... Ma'shi commanding an Emancipator coming and helping you blow shit up?
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject:

Jax growled softly into his commlink, then flipped to the Dark Blade frequency. "Dark Blade, arm concussion missiles and assume a close-knit decahedral formation behind me, four rows of eight. We're going after those fighters."

As he watched the shapes of the 32 TIE Defenders in his rearward scans, his eyes caught the shapes of vulture fighters. He flipped to the general fighter frequency, his voice speaking calmly as his fingers pulled the triggers on the concussion missiles, sending one each to two different 'droid starfighters.

"TIE Defenders, assume hex-point attack formations and rise to meet the vultures. TIE Advanced, load proton torpedoes and fire upon the Uurrb, Interdictors follow suit with half-split torpedoes and missiles. Interceptors, assume octagonal formations perpindicular to the horizon and meet the vultures - I want those bits of flying crap out of there, leave the way open for the havy artillery."

Another cycle on the frequencies brought just the end of the Obi-Wan's transmission into his ears. He immediately responded, even as his ion cannons send bolts of energy through a squad leader Vulture, streaks of energy circling his ship to eliminate the rest of the squadron.

"This is Grand Marshal Jax to the Obi-Wan. This is a warning: do NOT under any circumstances board these vessels. Incapacitate or destroy them, but remain well outside their blast radius. These Killik are just slimy enough to rig their entire ships with explosives they can detonate at their will. Keep your troops back, keep them safe - these ships can be taken at our lesiure when their entire crews are dead."

One last twitch of his fingers brought four bolts of energy into another vulture, the Grand Marshal's head already plotting the next move. "Sovereign Fist, I need a full damage report. Start with least affected ships, move to more heavily damaged ones. Full report on Air Force casualties as they stand thus far. Cycle scramble frequencies on Jawthe's flagship - keep him from sending orders!"

Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Also, Vultures are stored away and I don't rig 80 billion worth of ships wtih explosives.

"All ships, stay as you are. Reengage your shields. We can keep the weapons down, but I am positive, the One and Flint wouldn't be too happy about some of these things going down the toilet," Jawthe said to a Wuluw who then nodded and transfered the orders to the ships.

"Raa, you think you can break through the jamming and ask Jax to stand down?" was his next question.

<Of course we can We are not as easily broken as these ships We are more advanced then anything the Empire sends>

Vuffi Raa then began to stop the jamming.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:

OOC or not, Jax has no reason to believe there isn't the possibility. That post will remain as is.

The signal that came to him through the signal jamming brought a curse to the Sovereign Protector's lips. He rotated his frequency to the Sovereign Fist, his voice spat through clenched teeth. "Sovereign Fist, disengage scrambler signal. Prepare to exit the Prestige's hangar bay. Bring both reactors online, power all guns to maximum, power deflectors to full, double front and port."

He rotated to the fighter frequency, his voice hesitant. "All fighters, prepare for full assault, but do not execute until my mark." he watched as the Interceptors whipped back through the clutch of Killik dreadnoughts and to an orderly formation patrolling the outskirts of the battle area. He pulled a deep breath, reading shields but no weapons aboard the Unu-class vessel.

He rotated to the general communications frequency, his voice ringing out into the vastness of space. "Killik vessels. You have entered agressively into a terretory declared neutral by the Galactic Alliance and the Empire. We are prepared to accept the unconditional surrender of your ships and personel. You will not be allowed to exit Corellian airspace."

His TIE Defender approached Jawthe's ship, the triwing form hanging within spitting distance of the forward viewport. Behind him rested 32 identical TIE Defenders, holding with infinte patience behind him. "Make your response now."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject:

James' ship emerged from hyperspace behind the Galactic Alliance vessels. Apparently the "live" footage of the Killiks standing down was far from accurate. he had to manoeuver sharply as the Galactic Alliance ships prepared to make their exit. He rotated the interceptor on its axis and plunged below the alliance fleet, only now getting a view of the enormity of the battle.

He began the mammoth task of flying around the battle, as it really wouldn't be a good idea to get vaught in the middle.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

The one-sided battle raged on as the Killik ships finally raised their shields. Still, the shields did nothing as the Obi Wan fired a head of ion cannons at the Rubbu. No systems were shorted out to the point of non-operation, but the ship suffered minor explosions.

Jendob’s Executor-class Star Destroyer, the Prestige regained its communications abilities, and they were soon the recipients of a very important signal emanating from the planet...

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I looked out over the battlefield, and readied to give the order to finish Flint's entire front line of ships.
"Mr. Delling, lock all turbolasers, ion cannons and missiles on two ships that aren't disabled. I want them reduced to ionized dust."
A thin smirk crossed Delling's face. "With pleasure, sir."
The commander began refining the targetting locks when Commander Cephos called out. "Sir, incoming message from the planet and an unknown origination."
"Weapons ready, sir."
I looked back at Delling. "Hold for a moment. Route the message to the briefing room."
I walked several paces aft to the briefing room as Cephos routed the transmissions. When I sat down, I saw the faces of Leia Organa Solo and the Killik slime Flint.
This is going to be interesting...

A few minutes later, I emerged from the briefing room. Now everything was different. "Commander Cephos, order all ships to cease fire on the Killiks. That goes for every ship. The Killiks have surrendered."
Mengsk's eyebrows shot up in shock. "The bugs gave up?"
I nodded. "It seems the Alliance fleet wasn't abandoning us after all. They launched an all out attack on Yoggoy."
"You mean they actually had the nerve to execute a frontal assault? I'm impressed," Mengsk remarked.
"So it seems," I muttered, not impressed by his humor. "Also contact the Killiks. Tell them to lower their shields. They have fifteen seconds to comply."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
kypjargon
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

James finally made it unmolested to the outer fringes of the battle, and looked back over his shoulder in awe. It was then that he noticed it; the gun batteries had gone dormant again. Rolling his eyes, he wondered if they would start up again. He looped around again, watching to see what would become of the battle.

James Vita
Freelancer

1,180,341,720cr

Salan Vita
Coruscant Private Hospital CEO
66,000cr
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

"Sir! Contact from the Imperials!" A Karun screamed as the comm center flickered with a spark from the damage.

<And you think we do not know this We knew .100032 seconds ago They require the lowering of shields General>

Jawthe looked out the window, "Do as they command, lower the shields."

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Colonel Xov smirked. "Sir, they're lowering shields."
Ah, another victory for the Empire , I thought. "Very good. Now, inform them that they will vent every last molecule of tibanna and other blaster gases as well as dump any torpedoes and missiles."
I eyed the Killik fleet closely, but still could notice Shayera walking up beside me. Her nearess was a great comfort after the stress of the battle.

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

<Dump all gas and missiles Launch the Vultures, have them self destruct outside the hangars> Vuffi Raa commanded after recieving the Imperial command.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Clouds of volatile gas poured from the remaining, functional Killik ships, followed by their missiles. Fighters followed and I was about to order Delling to open fire as they poured from launch bays, but then they stopped and exploded. It was something of a stupid maneuver, as the disintegrating fighters ignited the gas clouds and torpedoes, causing impressive but overall harmless pyrotechnical displays. Twenty-four fighters seemed to have issued from each of the ships over the course of the battle and their seconds-old launches.
I smirked as I looked over the now unarmed Killik craft. "Now... one last thing. They are to vent all coolant for their sublight engines."

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Victor von Doom
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Raa sighed in a metallic tone <Dump it>

"Why? What's wrong?"
"I've got VVD."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Thin jets coolant gushed from the Killik craft. I waited until the sprays ceased, and space was filled with tiny glittering jewels of frozen engine coolant. If the Killiks attempted to return to the planet, their engines would melt to slag before they got within range of the fleet.
"Commander, open a line to the rest of the fleet and on intraship."
There was a mometary pause before his voice replied. "Channel open sir."
"Ladies and gentlemen of the Prestige, Sovereign Fist and the Sixtheenth Squadron, I wish to congratulate you. We have just saved the planet beneath us from near-certain annihilation or enslavement at the hands of the Killiks. With the assistance from our Alliance friends, this war has drawn to a close. As we continued to battle here, they mounted a frontal assault on the enemy headquarters. Flint has surrendered himself to a Galactic trial. The bloodshed is over.
"You are all to be commended on a job well done. Jendob out."
Grins spread across the faces of the bridge crew, myself and Shayera included.
"All right, men, we've still got work to do. All ahead flank, let's drag these pests out of the system."

The battle is over, with the Allies winning.

Casualties

Unu-II Urb

Ordnance expenditures
628 ST2 Concussion missiles
8 MG7 Proton Torpedoes

30 Space Bombs
40,000 Proton Torpedoes

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Corellia » The Third Battle of Corellia
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: