GNN - Galactic News Network
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » GNN - Galactic News Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: GNN - Galactic News Network

Galactic News Network

"Bringing the Galaxy to you!"

With....

Katie Corrick

Thomas Wilkins

“Good Morning, I’m Katie Corrick.” The blonde female’s warming smile greeted the billions of viewers. Her co-anchor, Thomas appeared next.

“Good Morning, I’m Thomas Wilkins.” His charming smile was next as the GNN theme song played for several seconds. The camera panned outwards so that Katie and Thomas were in the view.

“Our first headline for the day will be that of Mr. Heckler’s trial. For several weeks now, the Galaxy was almost tossed into an inter-galactic faction war. Mr. Heckler is charged with war crimes, it appears, from both the Alliance and the Galactic Empire."

“Mr. Heckler’s charges will be officially announced at the opening ceremonies of his trial later this week. Our interview with an earlier Corellian official has cleared this up. Miss Brown-Hair-Becky?”

The Corellian official stood perplexed by all the questions he was being asked, “Brote has yet to appear, we have heard no official hails of his arrival, however, he is scheduled to arrive sometime this week. We estimate the trial will go along as expected…”

Brown-Hair-Becky shoved the microphone in his face, “Who has Mr. Heckler chosen for his defense?”

The Corellian laughed, “None of this has been official, but I can say he hopes to find an angel.” He laughed again as the camera cut out.

Katie appeared, “The ‘angel’ the corellian official mentioned is rumored to be old friend Alatáriël Pallanén. This has yet to be confirmed, however, Heckler was last recorded leaving Khomm in his personal shuttle G-5. We are attempting to contact the shuttle, but it seems communications seem temporary disabled.”

“Keep watching GNN, as more coverage on the ‘Heckler Case’ will be released later this week. On a lighter note, Galactic Alliance Officials under Alliance Security, have released a statement proving the planned and highly anticipated ‘Galactic Ball’.”

The bald woman appeared in an Alliance Security uniform. Her voice was rough and dry, “Alliance Security is happy to announce that the ‘Galactic Ball’ will proceed as scheduled, the date slightly changing due to recent galactic events. We will be extending the invitations to many of the Galactic Factions, including our ‘recent’ allies: The Galactic Empire. We hope this event will soothe over recent actions and provide a night of entertainment for everyone that attends.”

“The location of the Galactic Ball is under deep classification and will not be revealed until a later date. Alliance Security was reported boosting internal security over the apparent war with the DRWP. Now that is over, they promised to continue the increased personal seeing that crime rate has decreased by an amazing thirty percent.”

“The Galactic Ball should be enjoyable to all of those that attend, and once again, we will keep our viewers updated with the most current information available.

"The Empire has been acting with just precaution with alleged massive movements of the Imperial Starfleet. Super Star Destroyers were seen in several systems and one of our viewers sent this image with the arrival of the ESD: Prestige within the Corellia Sector.”

“How did the Imperials manage to slip that through the treaty? Coming up after the break.”
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

<Spot Holder >
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

"And now, over to our Imperial correspondent on Coruscant," Corrick began. "Rogre Moor."

The screen changed to another man, Imperial Correspondent Rogre Moor.

"Thank you, Ms. Corrick. As to the issue of the Prestige at Corellia, I posed the question to Supreme Moff Jendob via secure holocommunication."
"I don't normally talk about military affairs publicly, but in this case, an explanation is deserved," the recording of the Supreme Moff's voice said. "The ship was deployed here to prevent the vital Centerpoint Station from falling into the hands of the Killiks. Of course, prior to entering the system, I did obtain permission from Chief of State Organa Solo to enter the system in a command ship."

"Why did you believe the Killiks would try for Centerpoint?"

The moff sighed. "For months, they have been asking the Empire if we would turn it over to them, on specious grounds that they were entitled to it. And their leader's announcement on the Galactic Communcations networked seriously hinted at a possible attempt for a military takeover. To safeguard both the citizens of the Station, and indeed of the Galaxy at large, I took it upon myself to personally defend the system against any incoming assault."

Moor leaned back in his seat. "And there you have it. He was simply trying to defend the Galaxy from the Killiks."

"Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Rogre."

"My pleasure," Moor answered. "In other news, the Empire has finally released its circumstances for accepting a Killik and DRWP surrender: the total forfeit of all worlds, stations, and other holdings along the Perlemian Trade Route; handing over all armored, starfighter, and naval forces to the Empire and Alliance equally; as well as 20 billion credits in war reparations from each government towards the Empire and Alliance each. They also note that continuing the war will simply increase the severity of the terms."

"Back to you, Katie and Tom," he finished.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Katie's image appeared on the holo-screen, "GNN would like to thank its Imperial Correspondent Rogre Moor, once again. Thank you Rogre." Katie smiled, "We have some disturbing news to report. There was an assasination attempt several days ago on Nal Hutta. Thanks to the officer,
(has wished his identity be protected)

has provided the following sketch:

Thomas cleared his throat and said,"Any citizens, Alliance or not, with knowledge of this individual is asked to come forward. The current reward is 500,000 credits. The Alliance is asking all allies to partake in this individual's capture."

"That is all for our morning news and we will continue our daily broadcast tomorrow. Thank you for tuning in to your friendly Galactic News Network and we will see you tomorrow."

The GNN Theme Song plays as a preview is released, "Tomorrow on the GNN Morning Show: The GARO Administrator speaks about his recent developments and personal insights on his friend, Master Ikrit. Also a special interview with the Galactic named 'Playmate of the Year' Ryan Davad."
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

GNN theme music plays as the holo screen loads up. Katie and Thomas appear giving their 'Good Morning's to the Galaxy. Billions of listeners tuned into the station as Katie began the first headline.

"Galactic Alliance officials have announced more information on the Galactic Ball this morning. Zeltros. Zeltros is the planet of choice and we have a special sneak preview of the location. Hank Hobblestuff is on the scene, Hank?"

"Thank you Katie. I am standing within one of the absolutely beautiful halls, Katie and Tom. The Galactic Alliance made a spectacular choice with one of the most expensive celebration centers on the planet." He cleared his throat as he gestured to the wide open space, "Alliance officials will not release a financial statement, however, we had some remarks saying that the Chief of Security is paying for this herself, quite an amazing feat."

Katie's voice was heard over the holo screen, "Hank, what kind of Alliance Security is being put in place for such an event?"

Hank nodded and began his answer, "Quite a lot actually, we are not going to give the specifics, however, millions of officers have been moved and put in place at the planet along with hundreds of resources. One of the safest place to be... is on Zeltros right now, Katie."

"Excellent news to hear. Thank you for that special update."

"You're welcome. Just one final piece of information, authorities have also announced that the Galactic Ball is by invitation only, meaning, people cannot simply show up or request a pass." He paused shortly for effect then said with a large holo-produced grin, " Back to the studio."

The camera returned to the study as Thomas smiled, "The Galactic Alliance picked a wonderful spot to host their 'Galactic Ball', Thanks again Hank. We now have a cover story on the possible hitman from Nal Hutta. We have had millions of reports come in yesterday, none of them proved excellent leads, but security has released the following name: Julian Noble. Take a look at his picture:

"Once again, if you have any information send a holo-message to either GNN Newsroom or to the Chief of Alliance Security, or any Alliance Security member."

"Thomas, We have helped captured millions of criminals over GNN's history and I think we may help catch this one."

"I hope so, Katie."

"We have more news on the way, after this short break."

The theme music plays as the camera slowly disappears.
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The holo-vid lights up with the theme music and the camera panning back towards the studio desk. Katie and Thomas finish their conversation between one another and welcome the viewers with a calm smile. Thomas was the first to speak.

"Citizens, we had the chance to interview GARO Administrator Klani Uthum. Take a look at these clips."

The holo-screen switches to the display of the an interview with Klani with Brown-Hair Becky asking the questions, "Mr. Klani Uthum, welcome to the GNN Morning Broadcast. Our viewers are very interested in the progress Alzoc III has made since you have been there."

The tall and skinny administrator smiled, "You're Welcome, Im glad to be here. We've made a lot of progress on Alzoc III in the past month, I'm very proud of our work."

Brown-Hair Becky grinned, "Can you name a few examples?"

"Well, we have put in many residential complexes, to help house tens of thousands of Talz. Two hospitals have been built, providing essential, free healthcare to the people affected by slavery on Alzoc III. Two schools have been built, and two more are going up as we speak to help educate the tens of thousands of children in need of the essential reading and writing skills in the galaxy to help them to succeed."

"Mr. Uthum, what is your current Galactic Project?" Becky asked while looking at a holo-card for more questions.

"We have been looking around the galaxy for potential projects. At this moment we are still in search. We of course allow planets to request our assistance on their planets, if any need it."

"On more of a private note, how do you feel about the DRWP-Killik political occupation of Utapua?"

"I was saddened to see that my home was seized by the DRWP. Our planet deserves its independence. I wish I could do something about it. We strive to remain unbias in such conflicts, but for me it seems hard to do. We have Utapau on the list of potential planets to go to next."

"I see. Mr. Ikrit has married the Queen of Naboo, how do you feel about this? "

"I was happy to see my old friend get married. He needed someone like her. Queen Laissa is a very nice, caring woman, and I know those two are deeply in love. Last night, he told me the news that they adopted a son, and they are planning on having a daughter."

Becky nodded at his answer while adding, "Has GARO suffered any since Master Ikrit left?"

"We lost a great man, he was such a caring person, and cared for everyone in the galaxy. We suffered a major loss when he left. Of course he has offered to help us if we ever need it, and we are glad for this. The children on Alzoc III miss him a lot. They miss the tricks he would do for them with his lightsaber, and the force. The people there who fought with him to restore their freedoms,...said he was a great warrior, and they miss him a lot as well."

"With the recent war, was GARO fully prepared to assist those in need? This must obviously be a great demand."

"We most certainly were, in fact we have begun mobilizing two of our Acclamators with over 20 million food rations, and 5,000 medics to prepare to assist people.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Klani Uthu. It was a pleasure to have met you."

The camera rolls back to Katie and Thomas. Katie's white smile appeared as she spoke, "That was Mr. Klani Uthum of GARO and we look forward to seeing his organization in action."

The camera switched to Thomas, "And GNN would like to remind its viewers that GARO is still in need of donations and the person you can direct those donations are to either Mr. Uthum or the GNN Newsroom."

"Just make sure you add, 'GARO' to your holo-donation and we will see to it thatyou donation is sent."

"We have more upcoming news, stay tune after these messages."

The camera slowly pans out as a commercial for Shuttle-Go appears.
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The music rolled and camera zoomed into the press desk as Katie began, "We have one last story for today. The following article was released to both Union Weekly and to the GNN. Take a look as I read aloud." Katie said clearing her throat and began to read the long paragraphs as the texts appeared on the holo-screen.

Quote:
Inter-galactic Peace… threatened?

In a time of inter-galactic peace, only disturbed by minor and short skirmishes forces opposing one another may try to strike that peace completely from the settling motion it lead. Our time, our peace may become a thing of the past and talk only about in history holos if these plans are followed through. It is and should be the responsibility of the people, such people as Emperor Heckler, to maintain a peace. Although his most recent actions would say otherwise, he has brought together from the population a balanced order, which was named the Grey Order. It is the New Jedi Order, its counterpart the Alliance, and the leader of it, Luke Skywalker who will press on this peace through their planning.

This New Jedi Order that was formed was the product of an Alliance decision to have the two as separate organizations. It is their own choice to have the two as separate, free willed organizations. The New Jedi order was reorganized by Luke Skywalker, in his reorganization his bias created it as a sole “Lightist” order, “the Revan event, to me, proves that there is no “Grey” area when it comes to the force, it is impossible to be both Light and Dark.” To the galaxy this shows that Dark and Light can no longer exist as they “have” been for quite sometime. The Dark side is now a minority.

The Alliance through this has considered the options from what the facts show and have pushed the Order out. Are they afraid of what the Order is becoming? Have they realized how it will suffer the diplomatic millstream of an Imperial retaliation? Their actions have not been explained up to this point, silence, unknown facts and no comment with convenient out of office times have been what this news reporter has come to face, what this galaxy has for leadership.

Luke Skywalker is the leader of the New Jedi Order for what it is worth. He although, being a Dark Jedi once himself, believes that all Jedi should, “fight the forces [of] Evil, found in the Dark Side.” Thus, this is a direct threat made by the New Jedi Order against all Dark Forces, thus meaning a threat to the Galactic Empire and the Grey Order. Political analysts of the growing threats believe that the Grey Order and the Galactic Empire may find themselves allies against the New Jedi Order in the future.

In the end, these forces are combining to make for a potent combination to end peace if not observed closely. Brote Heckler has shown a reaction to these statements rolling from the New Jedi Order, “…the very Alliance you help has a peace treaty with the biggest force for Sith power.” He has called their “bias opinion” a contradiction and a flawed outlook. He says and he has shown, that he is for an unbiased opinion and full heartedly supports the work of the Grey Order, why won’t the Alliance and the New Jedi Order do the same?

By: Associated Press

Published: Month 2 19, 25043

"We would like to thank our sources for providing this."

"Thanks for joining us today on the GNN Newsroom and we invite you tomorrow with a Killik Interview. Have a wonderful day."

The music played triumphantly and zoomed out with slow speed while displaying credits.
GNN Newsroom

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The GNN Newsroom will run a story on the events of the Corellia Crises later tonight.

It will be an awesome three day series and I hope all of you tune in.

Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Galactic Communications » GNN - Galactic News Network
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: