Mantellian Streets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Ord Mantell » Mantellian Streets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salla Vivek
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Mantellian Streets

The bitter cold was more daunting than Salla could ever imagine. As soon as she set foot off of the shuttle ramp, the frigid wind whipped at her exposed face and hands, instantly sending a chill down her spine. To make matters worse, even the heavy parka Nevin had issued her did little against the harsh conditions. Nevin wasn't kidding about the weather.

Trying to push the cold out of her mind, Salla blinked against the wind and surveyed their surroundings. It should've been a bustling space port, but there was hardly anyone around. Salla didn't blame them - not with the cold and all.

Letting out an exasperating sigh, Salla turned to face Nevin as he secured the shuttle and followed her down onto the street. "You lived here?" she asked as he joined her. "You deserve more credit than I thought. This place is a mess."

Salla pulled the collar of her parka tighter around her neck as she began to stroll down the street. "So, any ideas where to start looking?"

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Nevin followed aside her, casually looking around at the people that were sitting in the street during the snow that was falling. The Empire's intervention hadn't changed much, clearly. "I'm not sure," he said and kept walking. "I think the answer will come to us, though."

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:

*mutters* At the request of Nevin Antilles, I will be playing a small group of Ord Mantellian militia troopers. Joke

Hauptmann Cors Licht suspiciously eyed the couple strolling down the streets of Great Rock. He didn't recognize, and their clothing was far to well-made to be locals. He motioned to his two squadmates, and drew his blaster.
"Halt! Wo sind deinen Paperien?" he demanded.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:

JP between me and Moff. Alot of it was supposed to be in German, but since, like, no one here speaks it, most of it is in English. When it's in Mantellian, the text is italicized.

Nevin glanced up from his off-and-on conversation with Salla to look at the man standing before him, blaster raised. He put his hand to his blaster and aimed it back at him, as was his instinct. “Ich habe nichts,” he said, responding in compliance with the man’s request for papers in Mantellian. He guessed they were employed by the Empire indirectly, because no-one knew the language Mantells except for Mantellians, and they were in some sort of uniform.

As Nevin aimed at them, the squadmates of the thug standing before him drew their own pistols, aiming back at him. “Körelln schwein!” The man barked at Nevin. He was accusing him of being a Corellian; that was the furthest thing from the truth. Nevin could almost feel the woman behind him looking between them in confusion, as if she was expecting a translation of the language they were talking in. “Far from it, ass,” Antilles responded, ignoring Salla for the moment.

Mantellian, eh?” The man said with some form of satisfaction, yet still with a tone of suspicion. Nevertheless, the man put his gun away and waited for an answer.

How else would I be talking to you?” Nevin retorted.

Who’s the whore?” He said, regarding Salla with a indulgent look over her body. Meanwhile, the woman whom he was looking at was still oblivious to what they were saying, and she was going impatient. She brushed against Nevin’s arm, keeping a cold glare at the men before them.

Nevin glared back at them. If he wasn’t trying to keep a low profile here, he would have shot him on the spot. Actually, he reconsidered; shooting someone for little reason was the norm around here. “Move along,” he growled, but was cut off as Salla subtly vied for his attention again. “What?” He said in Basic.

“Who are they?” She asked quietly, concerned. “And what do they want?” She added, curling her nose up in disgust. Nevin began to inform her as to what was going on, but stopped as the speaker once again put forth his gruntingly annoying voice.

Hey, beautiful,” he said, looking toward Salla’s way. “You and me could have some fun together.”

I’ll blast the ‘fun’ right off you,” he threatened, menacingly. This is what he feared would happen by bringing her along. He wasn’t going to let his fears become reality, not if he had anything to say about it. “Get outta here.

Achtung, untermensch!” The man barked back at him, apparently with some kind of superiority complex riddling his brain. “or I’ll blow your brains out.”

“Uh, Nevin?” Salla asked, growing uneasy at the man’s tone.

“Get your blaster out,” Antilles whispered as he turned back to the leader. “[i]This can end with you alive,
” he paused. “or dead.

Affenschwanz!” He called out in an insult and grabbed his blaster, ducking behind a block of ruined duracrete and firing.

Nevin winced at both the sounds of the blasts and Salla’s piercing shriek vibrating outward. She began to run in no particular direction, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her behind yet another ruin.

After I kill you, I'll show that cute little blonde thing what a good time really is!” The man taunted from across the street.

Nevin stood up over the ruins and fired a few shots at the building, but unfortunately missed the men. However, the shots were enough to scare them, and like a pack of rats, they backtracked down the street, firing shots towards Nevin’s cover. With the men now running down the street and firing inaccurately, Nevin stood up and yelled towards Salla, “Keep close!” as he ran down the open street, returning their fire.

The man took aim at the woman as she came running up behind Nevin. Just as Antilles managed to wedge a shot into the main’s lower leg, Salla grabbed onto his jacket and pulled, causing him to fall down onto the street. She was going to get them killed!

Mutterfrack-” The injured man yelled out to his squadmates. “AGH!”

Salla yelled something unintelligible and raised her own blaster, firing back at the hostiles as Nevin recovered from his inadvertent fall. As he stood up, to his surprise, he found the leader’s comrades in heaps on the street ahead of them. Perhaps she wasn’t so bad in a fight, after all.

Fracken weibchen!” The angered enemy yelled out. “Die!” He snarled as he pulled the trigger, aimed at Salla, whom was still standing aimlessly after she shot down the other two. Nevin watched as the bolt slid from the barrel. He knew, he just knew if he didn’t do something – something totally stupid – she wouldn’t make it. Closing his eyes and not giving it a second thought, he rammed himself into Salla, pushing her away. Soon, he was back on the ground, and the “Agh” was out of his lips before he even felt the wound on his arm. She tried to grab him as he fell, but Salla had no time to. She took the opportunity and fired back at the opposition, hitting him squarely in his lower back.

OWW! DU SCHLAMP!” The man humorously screamed as he fell to the ground, calling out other curses in Mantellian that Nevin didn’t bother to hear.

Nevin slowly got up, hand covering his wound. He thought it was just a flesh wound, but his hand was now covered in blood and he was not sure. Salla looked down at him and asked, “Nev, you alright?”

He clenched his jaw and ignored the annoying wound. “Y-yeah,” he dismissed, then turned to look at the man lying in the middle of the street, the snow that had fallen painted red by his blood.

YOU FILTHY SLUT!” Came the moans. “I HOPE YOU DIE!

Nevin felt like smirking at him, and would have, but he wasn’t done yet. He started to step towards him, hand still covering the spot on his arm where the blast had landed. Salla watched after him, worried about his health, and started to trail slowly behind him. The man raised his pistol weakly and fired a shot past Nevin and towards Salla. Even if it had been aimed at her correctly, there was nothing Nevin could do. The bolt sprayed past her and hit a small trading cart that had been abandoned for the night. Salla jumped and ran up beside Nevin as the fire set ablaze.

Before the man could do more damage, Nevin stepped up beside him and slammed his boot down on the man’s blaster arm. He cried out in pain as Nevin’s boot shattered bone against the hard cobblestone beneath the snow. Nevin kicked him over onto his back and took away his blood-covered hand from his arm, putting it on his blaster and aiming at the man writhing in agony below him. He was about to fire as Salla took grip of his arm and pulled it away. “Nevin, don’t,” she said firmly.

Nein! Nein! Schiess nicht!” The man yelled desperately, pleading for him not to end his pathetic life. Nevin shifted his eyes between Salla and the enemy below him, and then said, “Give me a reason why I shouldn’t.

I’ll tell you anything!” He pleaded. Salla kept pulling on his arm. Nevin finally conceded, sighing, and let his arm drop. “Wo ist Han Solo?

I don’t know him! I swear!

Nevin raised his blaster slightly, aiming at the area between his legs.

NEIN! NEIN!” He yelled in absolute horror.

Tell me!

I don’t know a Han Solo!” He insisted. “Perhaps he’s been imprisoned, or something.

You don’t know one of the most famous Corellians ever?” Nevin asked in dry surprise. He cocked his blaster. “I don’t buy it.

NO! DON’T! PLEASE!

“Nevin,” Salla chided, like a voice of conscience, as she grabbed his arm tighter. Nevin looked at her again then turned back to the man and held his blaster in its current position for a few moments. He put it back into his holster, sparking a sigh of relief from Salla. This man just tried to rape and kill her, yet she didn’t care?

If he’s Corellian,” the man said, after a pause of relief and a slight glare at Salla. “He’s probably in the prison on the hill…

Nevin glanced towards where the man was indicating, then looked back at him. “Wenn du IMMER…” he threatened before trailing off.

I won’t! I swear! Whatever it is!” He said in fear.

Nevin rolled his eyes and turned towards Salla. It could have been worse. “Let’s go.”

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Once again, kudos to Moff for playing the guards.

A few minutes passed and the snow had reduced to a light flury. His arm still stang, but it wasn't bleeding as badly anymore. He just wanted to get into this prison and get back. There was something nagging him, something that told him he had to get back as quick as he could. He wasn't going to leave until he got Solo out, however.

He came to the doors of the prison and glanced around. There stood two army guards of the Empire, blocking his entrance. Shit, he thought to himself. "Stop right there!" The one on the right yelled at him. "Who are you?"

Putting on his best arrogent Coruscanti Imperial accent, Nevin stood straighter and glowered down at the man. "Far above you, Soldier" Nevin said, self-confidently. He decided to go with the holier-than-thou Imperial special agent routine. This guy looked dumb enough to buy it, but then again, the troop was nothing like a stupid Stormtrooper...

"Where's your identification?" The guard said as he drew his rifle and aimed squarely at Nevin's chest.

"You think I would reveal to you who I am?" Nevin said, trying to think how to get through this. "Imperial Command would kill you on the spot!" He threatened in a grave tone as he turned to Salla and grabbed her arm harshly. He'd have to apologize to her later, but it was necessary. "I found this Rebel scum crawling along the forests. I want to deposit her."

With that, the other guard raised his blaster. The original one reiterated in a louder voice, "Identify yourself."

"Shoot me and you'll find yourself in a situation worse than death," Nevin said with no loss of confidence in his voice. He was ready to go for his blaster, however, if this went south.

The guard put on a scowling face and began to count down, "Five...four..."

Nevin guessed, like most Imperial grunts, the only thing this man understood would be good, old-fashioned Imperial discipline. Nevin shoved him up against the wall and hissed into his face, threateningly, "A special agent of Lord Vader himself that has been infiltrating the scum's infrastructure."

Almost with the mere mention of Lord Vader's name, he seemed to change attitude. "Uh... my apologies, sir."

Nevin let go of the man, then the guard ran to open the doors. Nevin grabbed Salla's shoulder again and pushed her before him. "Thank you," he said sarcastically. As he walked in the doors, he concentrated. What he could only do by mood before was beginning to become more acute; the man stumbled back as if an invisible force pushed him.

"Oof!" The guard said as he stumbled back, then continued after Nevin had proceeded into the jail. "What was that?" He said to the other guard.

"Stop drinking," he replied.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader
CMAC Councilor/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't long before the trio was back within the lifeless streets of the city that was nestled at the foot of the prison facility. The occasional passerby was visible among the dark alley ways and hoards of trash that littered the streets, but other than that, it was quiet.

Quiet and...cold Han remarked as they moved quietly back toward the spaceport. It hadn't been this cold when they brought him into custody and Han now found the light, long-sleeved shirt he was wearing to not be enough to keep out the frigid air. The two kids on the other hand...they were privilaged enough to have coats.

Han wrapped his arms about his torso and glared at Antilles, who was in the lead. "Nice of you to offer me one of those," he grumbled with some bitterness as he gestured to their coats with a nod of his head. "I'll just stay back here and freeze my ass off."

Another few hours of this and he may just end up like he did on Anteevy. Well, maybe not that bad, but pretty damn close! How come his rescue attempts always consisted of the same two things - Antilles and the cold. That scenerio was beginning to leave a bitter taste in his mouth.

The group rounded another corner and finally, the spaceport was in sight. Han let out a sigh of relief as they approached and caught the first hint of his beloved ship. The saucer-shaped vessel was just how he had left it - sitting all by her lonesome among strewn cargo crates and the occasional tech droid.

Han's heart began to pound loudly in his ears. He knew this reaction wasn't over the relief of his ship being safe, but it was for the occupants inside. He couldn't wait to see the cherubic faces of Jonash and Jaina - his kids. The thought of them being his still took him aback, but he loved them just the same.

Without another moment's hesitation, Han moved toward the landing ramp and deactivated the security codes. With a wave of his hand, he invited Antilles and Vivek onboard. "After you," he said with a smug smirk.

The young woman exchanged a quick glance with Antilles before the two complied. Han waited till they crossed the threshold before following and securing the ramp behind him.

TI-2685 - Garrison Carida, 501st Legion
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Ord Mantell » Mantellian Streets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: