Chalacta
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Chalacta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Chalacta

The massive MC100b erupted from hyperspace. Its speed was impressive as it barreled towards the planet known as Chalacta. Aboard the Independence II's bridge Chief Alatáriël Pallanén and her bridge crew watched in interest at the possible applications this planet held.

Unsure of their orders, the crew waited for orders. Arlyn's dreams had finally lead her to the mystical planet of Chalacta. And the same feeling told her that she would have to visit the planet alone. She looked at her bridge crew that eyed her suspiciously. Their desire to know what was going on was high.

"I must go alone." Arlyn said softly. Ryan shot her a glance and Arlyn did everything to resist her urge to look at him; fully wanting him to be there. But something in the back of her mind told her that she had to go alone.

Kriekas, her loyal Geonosian bodyguard looked at her and stepped forward. Arlyn knew that he wanted to be there, guard the Angel of Geonosis from any possible harm. The thanagarian sent a mental message to the defensive geonosian. Arlyn and his eyes met and Kriekas stepped back bowing his head. Arlyn mouthed a 'Thank You' then left the bridge for the shuttle bay.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The blue peaceful skies stretched far beyond where the Thanagarian eye could see. The lush smell of spring entered Arlyn’s nose, sending a peaceful sensation throughout her body. Her eyes scanned the green area where no afflictions of industry had touched. The forest was sacred and not to be touched by metals or hands of steel. Arlyn walked through the forest, the birds chirping and singing all about her. The ground creatures scampered in the forest. The forest was alive, in a sense, with all the creatures stirring.

A small dark skinned child saw Arlyn coming towards the low city of Handradias. His eyes grew with excitement and he fell to his knees in ancient tradition. His voice was soft and elegant as he prayed to his people’s gods. Arlyn looked at the child for a moment and smiled gently, the boy’s laughter was innocent and pure and his chuckle echoed throughout the passive forest.

“Angel, why have you come?” the boy asked calmly wondering why he was blessed with such an appearance.

Arlyn beamed and moved close to the dark little boy. Her eyes filled with the innocence he illuminated. Before she was about to state her name, something held her tongue. She tried to speak but was unable.

The boy’s smile faded as he looked up at the beautiful angel of his. And as the boy turned in sorrow, thinking the angel denied him, Arlyn said in a language she had no knowledge of, “Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo”

The boy turned his face filled with excitement and confusion. “You came for Murlin.”

Murlin? Arlyn thought for a moment. Believing this was the ruler of the planet, Arlyn nodded. The boy smiled and said, “I knew this day would come, I knew it.” He walked up to the standing thanagarian and smiled as large as possible saying, “Miss Angel, can you really fly?”

Arlyn was not about to keep the rouse of the ‘angel’ factor, but a twig snapped and an old drunk man appeared. His clothes lathered and ruffled in a disgusting manner. By the looks of him, Arlyn deduced he was a hermit, an outcast of the city. The boy backed up into Arlyn. Arlyn instinctively placed her arms around the boy shielding him from any possible harm.

The man dropped his bottle of alcohol and it shattered against the ground, the forest becoming ghastly quiet. The boy whimpered within Arlyn’s arms. The man stumbled with his words but said clearly, “O man dôr túliel le?” From what land do you come?

Arlyn knew what these words meant, but how? Arlyn’s lips curled and her wings flicked in an odd manner. The drucken hermit stumbled back, petrified of the winged Thanagarian site. Arlyn felt sympathy for the older man a mistake happened in his past.

“Edro gûr lín” Arlyn whispered to the man. Have Hope. The child looked up wondering at the angelic woman. The man began to sob into the forests and beg for forgiveness. Arlyn lowered her wings, and the man began to thank the angel. He sore his life would change, the heavens has sent him an angel and that was enough to seal his salvation.

The man, oddly cleansed from the alcohol content, or possibly he wasn’t drunk at all, walked towards the city wiping the tears from his eyes singing glory to Valor. Arlyn bent down to the little boy and said, “Take me to him.” The boy stared up to the woman in absolute wonder wondering how he was so lucky to be chosen by the gods and goddesses to lead the woman to the ancient place. A thousand year of prophecy would be redeemed and he was the boy that would take this angel, this godsend, to redeem their people. Arlyn outstretched her hand and the boy grabbed her hand. His tiny fingers attempting to mingle into hers.

They began to walk amongst the forest the journey was long and in many instances, Arlyn had to carry the boy. Arlyn would learned the boy’s name was, “Rúmil Lúinwë”Which meant, ‘Deliverer of Angels’. Upon the top most peak of the local hills they saw a hidden ‘castle’ that was built for the Chalactian’s Prophets. Only the most religious and clean individuals may go there. The boy said he was not allowed to enter such a place, but Arlyn promised this boy would be rewarded. Turning the boy away while he was tired and fatigue was not a reputation she wanted.

Several elements of the land, prevented them to walk directly to the castle. The path was dark, dangerous and lethal to any perilous attempts. It seems only the physically or quick thinking citizens would reach it to the castle doors. This would be an easy path especially for one with wings.

“I shall fly” Arlyn said calmly. The boy looked defeated already knowing his small legs and arms would not be able to accomplish the journey. He turned in defeat, but Arlyn called the boy’s name. “Rúmil, I shall bear you in my arms.”

The boy grinned at such a privilege and honor and walked up to the angel. She swept the boy up and they flew into the dark night. The castle guards aimed at the incoming intruders, but called into the black night, “Celebriän! Celebriän!” Angel! Angel!” in disbelief. Arlyn landed in the middle of the castle grounds, the ground lush and well taken care of. Her eyes scanned the area and was instantly greeted by several religious figures. They began to pray and offer Arlyn offerings. She ignored them and said, “Murlin.”

Instantly an old man appeared, the crowd parted in respect and bowed to two figures. The old man looked at the young boy in Arlyn’s arms and demanded that she set him down. The boy’s eyes were wide with fear. Arlyn set him down, his feet touching the ground and ready to run for his life.

Murlin seemed to be the most respected and highly ordained individual. His gray beard stretched several inches off of his chin. Murlin’s eyes were full of wisdom and experience. His body strong, but not perfect. Several inflictions were physically present and viewable. The scar across his left eye was the most noticeable and another across both of his wrists.

“You are the youngest male to ever reach our sanctuary.” The man said with a wide grin, “Im gelir an” I’m happy for you. The boy smiled triumphantly but said it was only possible by the Angel. The man looked at Arlyn and inspected her carefully. His eyes easily seeing that she was a member of the Thanagarian race. He decided to make a public announcement of his findings..

“This is truly an Angel, but not one from the heaven’s.” a gasp erupted around the room and the religious figures began to chat amongst themselves. “She is the Leiva.” Another murmur across the room as Murlin held his left arm up to silence the room. The boy looked at the woman questioningly and said, “Levia? Her wings-“

Murlin laughed slightly, “Much to learn you have boy! These wings belong to the race of Thanagar.” Another murmur.

“How could this be the Levia then, Prophet Murlin?” a fat monk stated bluntly looking Arlyn up and down.

“Tell me, Levia, have you been expressing dreams of our planet?” Murlin asked referring to Arlyn.

Arlyn cleared her mind and voice. Her confusion was alone ready to explode into a game of twenty questions, but she remembered it was best to play by their rules. She said calmly and clearly in their native tongue, “Tancave”

The men and women were shocked at her usage of the proper word, even Murlin was taken back by her comment. Murlin re-adjusted himself quickly, his fingers running through his beard. “Clearly as you speak in our most respectable tongue.”

Arlyn, finally able and ready to speak Galactic Basic, was interrupted by Murlin. His eyes scanned the room while ordering everyone to leave them. The long faces and cries of disappointment and disagreement filled the room. Murlin shouted again ending the dispute. They left reluctantly, wanting to know more of their mortal angel. Arlyn watched each of them leave and suddenly was relieved to finally begin asking some questions.

“Murlin, “she started but he held up his finger. Murlin came to a computer panel and activated the global sensors. The image of the Independence II flashed across the screen and three planetary turbolasers locked onto the vessel. Murlin eyed the panicked thanagarian and said, “Now why has a Thanagarian truly come to Chalacta?”

Arlyn looked at the vessel in the viewscreen and the man’s finger which was about to activate the defense systems, “There are innocents aboard, please do not fire. We came on behalf of the Galactic Alliance-” Arlyn said with a strained voice, “Please. We mean you no harm.”

Murlin laughed and pressed the button. Arlyn screamed, but the planetary turbolasers merely shut and withdrew into the surface of the planet.

“Your mind is open, young one.” Murlin said walking closer to her, “I could sense that he is aboard the vessel.”

Arlyn was confused and relieved nothing had happened to her crew. She looked at Murlin, flashing a dangerous glance but answered his statement, “I do not know what you are talking about.”

The man watched her carefully and whispered, “You truly have forgotten, haven’t you?” His eyes glanced back at the computer panel, “So, you returned to the Galactic Alliance? Many things have changed. Many things.” He mumbled a religious word under his beard while he clapped his hands, “Come. Join me.” And turned on his heels and left through a pair of large gold platted doors.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Arlyn entered the long and ancient hallway. It was lit by a long row of parallel candles that seemed to be adjusted by technology. As Murlin proceeded down the pathway, they lit with motion sensors. Arlyn entered and continued after the Chalactian Prophet. His eyes not glancing to see if she was behind and keeping up the quick pace. Murlin stopped at the very edge of the room, activated a library retrieval program. The clanking and activation of a machine was heard. Murlin waited patiently and retrived the scroll protected in a thin sheet of Allanamia Glass. He viewed the scroll then nodded with approval, his eyes now looking at Arlyn.

“Alatáriël Pallanén. It is time you relearn the truth. The truth and reality of your past, present and future. It was all foreordained in the celestial worlds of the precious galaxy. You are an angel among demons. You are the bringer of light and hope.” Murlin began to approach Arlyn, his footsteps echoing throughout the cooridor. His voice sounded ancient, but it hinted towards realism. “This picture is over ten thousand years old.” His eyes carefully depicted the sketch and carefully shielded it from the outside world.

The one hundred and fifty-three year old prophet turned the suspended scroll over to Arlyn so her eyes could examine the image. Arlyn gasped, her hands stretching to touch the ancient picture. Her only words, “Impossible.” There in front of her, was a picture of herself, sketched and aged with time. It was almost an exact match, a scar depicted near her belly-button all too familiar. Arlyn stepped away, “Impossible.” She said with a strict tone.

Murlin laughed, “We are not the creators of this image, only the holders.”

Arlyn looked at him, his wrinkles seemed to be getting worse. “Murlin. You cannot expect me… I cannot… Believe such a thing.”

Murlin looked at her, “Shall I read the prophecy?”

Arlyn looked at him. Her curiosity would not allow this man’s words to escape her ears. “Yes, Murlin. Tell me of this… prophecy.”

Murlin looked at her and nodded. “Very well.” He cleared his throat, scanning the passage. His voice was deep and full of careful emotion depicting the events he would read.

"Levia's Angel would be born unto a bloodstain world. One of absolute and neverending war...."

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

"...This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire."

Murlin finished the prophecy. Although bits and pieces were missing, Arlyn knew this man could not know certain details. Her future was vague and only a suggested to a few obvious things, the ending of the prophecy is what scared the Thanagarian. She rubbed her forehead with the knowledge she just absorbed and looked into Murlin’s face. “Who was the creator of this… prophecy?”

Murlin turned away his face tossed into the darkness of the halls. Arlyn waited patiently for his answer and when he spoke his voice seemed stretched, “His name was Rambaldi.”

Arlyn knew she heard that name before, but could not place it. Murlin continued, his face returning to look at Arlyn’s. “Alatáriël…” he paused for a short time, “You have been here before.”

Arlyn looked at the man oddly and said, “I do not remember…”

Murlin nodded gravely and said, “I was the only one to witness your beautiful appearance. You came on behalf of a faction known as the Rebellion. Your shuttle burnt up in the atmosphere and normally one would have died, but you had lived. I treated you, but you would suffer a minor memory loss. Almost as if Chalacta did not happen.”

Arlyn leaned against the wall, scanning her memory. And there was a black spot, small, but present nonetheless. Arlyn looked back up to Murlin and she nodded, admitting there was a blank in her memory. Murlin sighed, “You must have so many questions, but I have very little time.” Murlin said with a weakened smile.

“You’re sick, aren’t you?” Arlyn stated rising to help the older man. He held up his hand and smiled gently. “Yes I am. I have compiled several things for you to read. I knew my age and health would not last. Promise me you will read them. Keep them secret. Keep them safe.”

Arlyn nodded and watched Murlin access the retrieval program. The massive machine hummed again and seemed to shake the building slightly. A medium sized box appeared with the symbol: ‘ <O> ‘ displayed on the case. Murlin’s hands were shaking but he gently walked over to Arlyn and handed the case to her. She took it, her fingers running through the circle of the symbol. Her eyes glanced up to Murlin and the prophet collapsed against the wall, his eyes rolling into the back of their sockets.

“Murlin? Murlin!” she yelled setting the box down. Arlyn retrieved her Alliance communicator and hailed the Independence II. Ryan answered, his voice worried that she had not contacted them for hours. “Ryan, have the doctor board a shuttle and wait for my command. I need a medic!” She was about to click off but Ryan roared with orders to the bridge. Arlyn noticed the mistake in her orders, “Ryan, I’m all right. But someone else isn’t.” She looked at Murlin worried. Arlyn began to perform some basic Alliance medical procedures. Within minutes several fellow Chalactians ran to their prophet and began to assist him medically and spiritually. Arlyn stood her eyes and hands protecting the small box at hand.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

The room was small and Dr. Beveraly Sisco leaned over the prophet. The Arkanian looked at Arlyn and her smile was gentle and reassuring.

"He needs rest..." she said softly, her accent thick. She looked at Arlyn and did a medical reading and added, "And so do you."

Arlyn looked up to the Doctor and nodded, still holding Murlin's box in her hands. Her wings gently covering it from the Doctor's view. Arlyn entered the chamber that was filled with the religious Chalactians. Arlyn smiled to them and was able to whisper so each could hear her, "Murlin's world journey has not finished."They rejoiced, but Arlyn needed to discuss their entry into the Galactic Alliance. She would truly attempt protect them...

Ryan emerged in the golden doors of the Castle, his eyes instantly looked at Arlyn. His blue eyes were filled with sorroy and depression. The last few days must have been hell with Arlyn's lack of communication. Ryan walked over to the Thanagarian, dropping the things within his hands as he approached. Arlyn looked at him, her eyes searching his face for forgiveness.

"Ryan, I.." Arlyn said carefully. Ryan looked at her, his hand touching her face and skimming her cheeks. He wrapped his arms around her, carefully manuevering around the wings. Arlyn's eyes teared. The onlooking Chalactians watched their Angel, but one stood up and beaconed that the rest of them leave. They would enter private prayer for their prophet and for their redeeming angel. Several of the leaders waited and Ryan pulled away from Arlyn.

"I'll be back." Ryan said his eyes not leaving Arlyn's as he backed away slowly. Their hands still holding each other until the last moment.

Arlyn nodded knowing that her duty here was over, and it was Ryan's turn to enter negotiations with the planet.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Ryan watched the woman leave, her presence sent his processors buzzing to normal. He wanted to be aboard her shuttle more than ever, but he had to finish delegations with the Chalactians first. The religious and political figures gathered and they filed into a room, Ryan at the end. His crisp Alliance Uniform was impressive, but he didn't give off a militaristic view.

"Mr. Davad, welcome to Chalacta." the first man said with a thick Chalactian accent. "I believe you came with Levia's Angel?"

Ryan was a bit confused, but nodded nonetheless. Arlyn, Thanagarian, wings and angel seemed to go together nowadays. Ryan was about to open his mouth and speak, but the lead figure held up his hand.

"Our prophet has already sided with the Galactic Alliance. In order to make things more official we shall here whatever you have to say, but we know the Gods has given us the right path. It was destiny that brought you here...after years of praying."

Ryan smiled kindly to their faithfulness and decided to leap out on a lim, "Are droids able to return to the kingdoms of the immortal?"

The religious figure leaned back in his chair and said, "No droids are sentient, however, if that day was to come, I am sure their will be a revelation on such."

Three men nodded and the fourth muttered about another Rambaldi prophecy that there are sentient machines amongst them. Ryan listened carefully and noted everything the individuals said and placed it into his top processors and would research it later. Rambaldi?

Ryan began his negotations that he had downloaded from the Galactic Alliance Naval database. The Chalactians were intrigued, but their minds were all ready made up.

They closed with a prayer then left to return to their bedridden prophet. Ryan and the rest of the Independence II crew boarded the last shuttle and it launched back up to the 'mothership'. Ryan watched the blue orb disappear as the shuttle sped away faster. Within several hours an Alliance team would arrive to begin defensive preparations. Their acceptance into the Galactic Alliance Senate would take several weeks, but diplomats would be on their way as well.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

The political figures sent a planet wide poll asking for the citizen's opinion on whether they should join the Galactic Alliance. An amazing 95.4% returned with approval. The result was due to the recent prophet's return and his absolute commitment towards the Alliance. It was also that the knowledge of Levia's angel that would sway the votes.

The other six percent belonged to the non-believers, the offworlders, and the outcasts. Arlyn noted they finished their work here at the planet of Chalacta and promised she would return shortly after they had been fully accepted into the Alliance.

A massive celebration on the eve of departure was given to their Angel and future settlement into the Galactic Alliance. The Chalacta Prophecy was being fulfilled, but so was another. Inside the small black box, something was waiting for Arlyn to open it.

Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Chalacta has been added to Galactic Alliance Territory.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Other Systems » Chalacta
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: